How can we deal with throwers?

in PvP

Posted by: Murmur.9746

Murmur.9746

I am not a great pvp player, I managed to get in Platinum one, which is not a real deal: I don’t have any destructive pvp godlike skill, but tbh I hate throwers. This morning I decided to try to rank up and got a pretty huge loose streak, which knocked me back right into gold 3. I know, I tilted, I made mistakes, and got into a negative mindset that didn’t allow me to win but.. was it all that?
Isn’t it just a bit, let’s say 20% bit, fault of the typical thief that gets into the game thinking that spamming the pistol 3 in team fights will make him win, and then starts flaming when it doesn’t?
How do you deal with other highly-tilting players? How am I supposed to carry, or at least to collaborate with someone that starts the game thinking “I don’t want to collaborate with you”.
In platinum flamish attitudes were a bit quenched, but as soon as I got knocked back into gold the chat was highly salty charged.
We have a special kind of report called “idling” or something similar, apart from matchmaking manipulation but.. is it working?
I try to block them, to report them, but somehow somehow I get another player of that kind if not literally the same guy.
Don’t get me wrong: I am NOT complaining about losing. Sometimes the enemy team is just better + I am NOT a Zan-skilled engineer, it’s pretty obvious that I am losing games, but I’d really like not to loose them while getting tilted from flamingos all over the places.
We all agree it’s better just losing than losing with a teammate calling you “noob” (and more) for ALL the bloody game.
How do we deal with these players, how do we carry ourselves through them?
I remember I managed to climb from gold 1 to plat, I just played at my best, tried not to make mistake, and not to blame anyone. I feel like my attitude isn’t different, but I’m getting players that are angry af and just want to blame others.
How do we deal with this?
Thanks for reading, best luck in the fields of battle

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Easy way to deal with these issues. Is to just remove yourself from the problem. It’s really that simple. We have been pleading with ANet for many month now. To remove these people from Ranked PvP in these, like other PvP titles do.

But ANet just continues to allow players, to literary troll the living hell at of other players trying to compete. Thus completely compromising to whole point of a Ranking system. So what does ANet does you ask? ANet put in PVE rewards to lure more people who don’t care about PvP. To replace the people who did care and left. Simple as that really.

Since ANet will not remove these people unless there is money involved. Even with video and suspect’s own admission in team/map chat. Then your only real choice of action. Is to avoid GW2’s Ranked PvP. There are soo many other better, fun, fair, engaging, and competitive PvP titles on the market. That if you are still getting tilted at being on teams of chronic AFKers and Rage Quitters. Then at this point that’s on you and not on ANet.

There is a reason why Bronze-like sPvP behaviors, are now also being reported as far as Platinum tier. It’s because most if not all of the players, who actually cared about competitive PvP, have lefted the game mode. Leaving you with a pool of mostly unhealthy sPvP players, to play with.

TL:DR Most of the decent to good competitive PvPers lefted because. You don’t play GW2’s sPvP for the competition. You plays GW2’s sPvP for the PvE rewards. ANet has made that clear, by not cleaning up chronic problematic players from their Ranked sPvP pool. If you are playing GW2 only for competitive PvP, I feel very very sorry for you. You are literary playing the wrong game.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

When you get an Elementals that keeps leaving contested node fights to go get the beast on forest and loses it to a p/p thief every time it is hard not to get upset. I think what is contributing to people’s anger is two things:

• Teams have too big of an MMR spread on them
  • Reset at the start of the season + new players from WvW/PvE have introduces quite a few newer players that aren’t as experienced at the sPvP format.
  • The game format is pretty complicated without any good instructions for how to play it properly. e.g. The mechanics page on the wiki doesn’t even tell you how long it takes to decap a point to neutral and how long it takes to cap it from neutral.

in PvP

Posted by: Omcrazy.4756

Omcrazy.4756

When you get an Elementals that keeps leaving contested node fights to go get the beast on forest and loses it to a p/p thief every time it is hard not to get upset. I think what is contributing to people’s anger is two things:

• Teams have too big of an MMR spread on them
  • Reset at the start of the season + new players from WvW/PvE have introduces quite a few newer players that aren’t as experienced at the sPvP format.
  • The game format is pretty complicated without any good instructions for how to play it properly. e.g. The mechanics page on the wiki doesn’t even tell you how long it takes to decap a point to neutral and how long it takes to cap it from neutral.

The MMR spread is by far the biggest issue I think. I mean, lets say I am brand new to pvp because all I do is solo pve map completions or something. Fine. I decide its time to pvp and I go on metabattle and find a build and off I go to pvp. Get to 20 and start my ranked placement.

This is all fine. Nothing wrong with new players and ranked placement is meant to be done so you can be placed. But if I am a lower tier player I should be landing in bronze or silver at most. Instead, you might be landing higher if you get lucky and get carried. Or maybe you land in silver where you belong. But then when you queue up you get matched with golds. Maybe even platinum. Now you are dragging down your own team while being forced to play against people with a lot more experience and/or skill.

I would like to see a lot less range to matchmaking. It seems like Anet is going for as short queue times as possible, which I get. Long queue times hurts pvp and is frustrating. But I would much rather longer queue times than get matched with or against players significantly better or worse than me.

Wonder if a possible solution is to cap the range up until 5min-10min or something (most of my queues are 2-3min). At 5min-10min it expands and it gives a message telling you so. You can choose to drop and requeue to start it over or keep queued and hope for the best. Obviously, this would extend queue times, but it might also improve the experience for players and bring back or in more players. Especially since you can queue while doing other things.

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

You don’t play GW2’s sPvP for the competition. You plays GW2’s sPvP for the PvE rewards.

Try your best; and if things outside your control are factors in the loss of the game, shrug and decide whether you still want to play another match. If you don’t, take a break. Don’t burn yourself out.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in PvP

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

You can either:
A. Do nothing
B. report them, which has the same effect as A.
C. Do as you please, fight harder, or throw the match as well

in PvP

Posted by: Bossun.2046

Bossun.2046

I block those people. The whole game gets better after that. There are times when I rage, but I just point out mistakes and rarely Kitty talk others. And idc, they can block me if they wish it.

in PvP

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Not much you can do. Report doesn’t seem to mean anything because you continually see the same people and they keep trolling matches and ruin it for everyone else who are trying their best.