How did this match happen?

in PvP

Posted by: Youngertwo.4956

Youngertwo.4956

I know that the matchmaker has been under constant siege (and for good reason!) but this is inexcusable.

I am one-third of the way through ruby facing FOUR DIAMONDS!

The results were predictable.

I want my pip back and a letter of apology!

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

2 ways:

1: They were partied together
2: The pool for stronghold players was so low it lowered the threshold for MMR placements

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: mildsoss.9867

mildsoss.9867

2 ways:

It would show that like it did for the other team.

in PvP

Posted by: elixirtrip.5204

elixirtrip.5204

2 ways:

2: The pool for stronghold players was so low it lowered the threshold for MMR placements

So what? I thought that this game is designed for entertainment rather than for suffering … I paid money not for listening any excuses and explanations. I have enough of that at work – here I would like to have fun.

So I fully support TS, As constantly faced with these matches

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

5 rubies with a premade versus 1 ruby 4 diamond? Seems about right.

in PvP

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Are we looking at the same screenshot? Cause that looks like 4 rubies and an Emerald with a 2 man, vs 5 diamonds and a ruby.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

2 ways:

Zietlogik nailed it

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

Are we looking at the same screenshot? Cause that looks like 4 rubies and an Emerald with a 2 man, vs 5 diamonds and a ruby.

The emerald is a ruby when hes grouped with another ruby. And I don’t think the opposing team has 6 players.

in PvP

elixirtrip.5204

The emerald is a ruby when hes grouped with another ruby. And I don’t think the opposing team has 6 players.

I always thought that 2! = 4. but apparently in your universe 2 == 4. obvious that we live in different worlds, and conduct a constructive dialogue with you is simply not possible. but still report if you go back to a world where 2 == 2 and 4 == 4 and 2! = 4… then we can make out the other logical thinking breaks

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

As one of the folks in that match, I too was like “WTF???”. The day before, an 80% win rate. Tonight, I lost 8 or 9 in a row. This match being one of them. It’s just “WTF” tonight on every level. I just logged out of the game after going from T5 down to T3.

Meanwhile, another fun factoid, “Gun Flame” is double procing again! Was 100-0’d that match by Gun Flame. Combat log show’s “Gun Flame” next to “Gun Flame” for 9,601.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: onevsone.2098

onevsone.2098

So stronghold + 2 AM+ eu time?

Well, it’s pretty obvious matchmaking can’t do miracles if there is no enough people to play in the same division at this time in a gamemode not popular like conquest.

How much time for queue?

Because if queue goes more than 6min, many times matchmaking needs to extend pip range to let the game start.

in PvP

elixirtrip.5204

Well, it’s pretty obvious matchmaking can’t do miracles if there is no enough people to play in the same division at this time in a gamemode not popular like conquest.

How much time for queue?

Because if queue goes more than 6min, many times matchmaking needs to extend pip range to let the game start.

Well OK. How about to split diamonds in to equal parts or at least 1 to 3 due to the group in the first team? Or is it so difficult at such an early time? All developers were sleeping?

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

How much time for queue?

Well OK. How about to split diamonds in to equal parts or at least 1 to 3 due to the group in the first team? Or is it so difficult at such an early time? All developers were sleeping?

You have to remember that people Queue together, the system will not seperate them, so if there are 3 man premades on both sides, that limits their options heavily, 4man even more so

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

elixirtrip.5204

How much time for queue?

You have to remember that people Queue together, the system will not seperate them, so if there are 3 man premades on both sides, that limits their options heavily, 4man even more so

Do u really can’t see, that the diamonds are not in group? In this match there is only 1 group: 1emerald + 1ruby. Is it really worth to mention it additionally and can’t be seen from the screenshot?

in PvP

elixirtrip.5204

Is this correct matchmaking? Although we accidentally won, but very strange

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Is this correct matchmaking? Although we accidentally won, but very strange

Based on you completing the division then yes since the ruby players were likely near the final tier and the diamonds were likely at the earlier tiers. Once you get around tier 5 in ruby, you can expect to fight against some diamond players. Congrats by the way!

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

if some ruby players where close to diamond like 7 pips than you can meet diamond players. and it puts you with the other ruby maybe cause of lack of ppl or high mmr you have

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Congrats by the way!

Except, the crap matchmaking has been going on all night. Back down to T3 now……
That’s yesterday screen shot and what today has been.

Attachments:

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Congrats by the way!

Except, the crap matchmaking has been going on all night. Back down to T3 now……
That’s yesterday screen shot and what today has been.

I blame the the safeguards allowing practically anyone to grind to Ruby without needing to know anything about PvP. Well that and people not swapping to another class when the team has a bad comp.

in PvP

Posted by: godsie.2864

godsie.2864

I agree but also blame matchmaking as well
There should be a way that the higher ranked players if they are not grouped could be split better – as far as queue times go I would rather wait longer or not play than be forced into such uneven matches because there are not at the time enough to make an even match – I would prefer longer queues than the awful experience of being stuck in the usual blow out matches that occur with no hope from the start

in PvP

Posted by: Youngertwo.4956

Youngertwo.4956

For clarification, I have 10 out of 30 pips to complete ruby-that is not even close to diamond. The diamond players did NOT queue together. The game took place at approximately 11 pm eastern (if memory serves), which is prime time for gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

hahhah
dont be shocked. this isnt unusal.
the system is really bias in this season, i have lost count the number of times i had a full team of lower division against a full team of higher division. half of the times i won those but im really unhappy to only get one pip despite winning a supposedly stronger team.

the dev then will tell you otherwise in other thread, that makes the discontent double.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in PvP

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

I agree with this assessment. I have been on teams with 4 necros, and against teams with 4 necros. I have seen 3 mesmers a warrior and a necro against 3 necros an ele and a druid. Guess which teams wins?

In addition, now that I am in ruby, I find another thing really shocking. Since my mmr is presumably garbage (since my win loss ratio is now approaching something like 44%) with at least one 100 game losing streak, and since I do solo q, my teammates can be composed of anybody with a low mmr like me. I have lost games where all 5 opponents were rubies, but on my team, I was the only ruby player and the others were 2 sapphires and 2 ambers. How does this happen?

What does it mean to be in ruby division when I am paired with sapphire and amber players (cuz that’s all that’s available that has garbage mmr). Why am I not paired with ruby players with better mmr than me (cuz that’s all that’s available) to take on ruby players who by design have better mmr than me. Nope, the system gives me sapphires and ambers with low mmrs reflective of mine, in order to ensure I keep losing, rather than risk pairing me with a winning ruby player or players that might risk lowering their mmrs by playing with me (at least per the system design anyway) against all ruby opponents.

So really, I’m in ruby division now, but I’m still in mmr hell, cuz I’m still being paired with low mmr sapphire and emerald and amber players! What does it really mean to progress then? What does being ruby really mean?

What a system!

in PvP

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

IF anet is going to randomize matchmaking, by putting you with whomever is available, then why are we also being penalized by mmr? Either make the whole thing random or not – this halfway stuff is bs and not well thought out. I mean, really, the pros couldn’t simply just progress thru random teams and eventually make it to the top where they belong (qq some more pros!) – no they had to be paired with the winners begetting more wins and getting to the top quickly (and us losers with more losers begetting more losses). Wow, what a huge price to pay – a slower ascent, but a much happier player base or a fast ascent and people quitting in rage left and right.