How do I beat DH's?

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

As a warrior/necro competent player (primarily warrior) that’s playing mace+shield/longbow, how do I beat DH’s? I’m in high silver (although rapidly dropping every game there is 2+ DH’s on the other team), I wait out blocks, I avoid traps, I wait out invuln, etc., but I have no answer sometimes. There are plenty of times where I sit there autoattacking into block for what seems like 8 full seconds, only to be followed by invuln or blind spam, then a few seconds of open DPS (since DH’s dont have to evade, none of them ever do) before they heal to full and the process starts over.

Do I really need to leave a 2nd warrior to run Signet of Might GS/Axe+Shield to counter them or what? I just don’t feel like I do ANYTHING to any half-decent DH. Obviously I focus other targets when I can, but the DH just revives them up instantly somehow while invuln/blocking/stab any form of CC I can put out, and since I’m condi I have zero cleave or meaningful access to stab to stomp, and I can’t rely on my teammates to CC/stomp/be present because it’s silver.

I can’t just avoid them because there are 2+ on the other team in literally 100% of my games. What counters them?

One foot out the door, yet again.

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

As necro I have no idea… They have cleanse, heals, direct damage, blocks, stability, immunities. I just asked this question in necro forums because I have no idea what to do against them at all.

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

From a warrior perspective i have been really struggling to play power warrior this season.

I so not feel as useful as DH in team fights and the 1 vs 1 take so long that it usually doesnt end up a 1 vs 1.

I usually main warrior and ele during the seasons but after 4-5 games on warrior ive kind of stuck to ele. I honestly feel i could play full trap DH and be more effective then a power warrior.

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

I used to play necro and had good effectiveness with unblockable marks and boon corrupt. Guards do have tons of damage mitigation skills like blocks, condo clears, and 2 very good heals. They tend to have lower health pool so try bursting in between there blocks. It’s hard when you don’t have a class that has those abilities.

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Ep in, burst, home in time for dinner. Any warrior can kill a DH with a semi competent burst.

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I was playing power war (GS M/Sh) as recently as 2 weeks ago off season and didn’t have too much of a problem with DH. With the nerfs to trap i would think it would be easier since no interrupts but i haven’t tested it since S5 started.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

dont worry guys none knows it even in high tiers platinum/gold, 5 out of 4 matches were won by the team who had more dhs

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

any power war should do. Rifle is the best weapon vs guard. Dont forget that pp thief is also autowin vs guards.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Menyus.4610

any power war should do. Rifle is the best weapon vs guard. Dont forget that pp thief is also autowin vs guards.

Yeah p/p thief and rifle war are soo kitten good in pvp, wonder why not evryone playing them oh wait

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

That is interesting.
GS x/shield warrior has potential to beat DH due to signet of might. But overall I think it is still slight to DH’s favor because he can kite. Rifle can probably change the outlook.

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

If you want to continue playing mace/shield lb for war use wanderer’s ammy and krait runes. Use dodges and blocks while you bait out their first sets of blocks then land the headbutt and use mace burst to land some condi then swap immediately to lb and lay down the fire field so they take massive condi damage then just focus on repeating the process as many times as you have to in order to win the fight. Your stances, blocks, dodges, and regen should be able to keep you alive long enough to claim victory.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

dont go rifle. youll beat a dh and lose to everyone else. condi or power can both beat a DH just watch them while your fighting watch their shield go up and when its down burst hard. avoid the traps and dodge the hard hitting skills like when they use bow. if they go melee dodge the move that sends shards flying at you. outsustain them. once all their defenses are down go to town and kill them. most players are bad and will let you win.

im bad at sarcasm

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Necro: Use unblockable attacks, trait staff to unblockable and fill utility bars with unblockable attacks.
Condi builds should have it pretty easy due to boon corruption and power necros have wells and shouts.

Warrior: Deadshot Amulet, Wanderers Amulet, Sage Amulet or Carrion Amulet for easy condi stack spams.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

As a Necro; Use Corrosive Poison cloud or just play this build when there’s more than 1 DH on the enemy team.

As a Warrior; Use Signet of Might. GG.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Yeah p/p thief and rifle war are soo kitten good in pvp, wonder why not evryone playing them oh wait

LOL

I hate when people say ohh use P/P thief and rifle warrior. They try to make it sound so easy.

Use signet and burst, easy win they always say.

I was in platinum and warrior is my main and im stalemating DH, not winning.

Maybe i need to learn to get gud.

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

3 class that melts DH easily.

1. druid
2. thief
3. rev

if u dont believe it just look at top 20 NA. full of thief and revs

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

abaddon.3290

1. druid
2. thief
3. rev

burn DH’s counter my rev soooooo hard

im bad at sarcasm

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

I gotta agree with the anti-rifle people here. Don’t do it. Rifle, like warhorn is weak. Ever since ANet chopped gunflame and removed pierce, it’s just not useful except for taking out DH.

(edited by JTGuevara.9018)

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: Master Ketsu.4569

Master Ketsu.4569

Problem is pp thief gets absolutely rekt by everything else.

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

The issue is not even 1 DH but when they start to stack that is when things get really stupid. Yeah, you may kill them eventually but it will take really long time and you will certainly lose point and eventually the game. Class stacking needs to be removed from pvp.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

best is to beat DH from range …. And have something against the pull. Stablity, invul or autostunbreak help alot.
A warrior can make a fast end. Get stability up, go meele, pop might signet + endure pain and burst him down … For me as ele the unblockable knockdown is golden, i wait till they pop shield of currage, knock down and overload.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: Pastafarian.1642

Pastafarian.1642

This guy above know what he is talking about. Endure pain and go very close and do dmg. If you are full berserk power warrior it should take a few seconds to down a DH you dont even need stablitiy just dodge at the right time. Oh and you dont need might signet.

Not a HoT copy owner

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

it´s safer with signet :-). If he moves well and pops shield of currage it´s hard to burst.
Somtimes it´s funny if he pulls me in and i pop invul and kill him XD..
I can´t talk much of other classes. I main ele backup with power war and a bit thief for fun. Can often handle them with p/p thief too but rarely play it.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: Toasa.1236

Toasa.1236

I Play shatter mesmer, and i got 0,00 Chance.

Need to go condi if i want to beat Dragon fucckerrs

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: Digitaldrow.6390

Digitaldrow.6390

I main a warrior and 1v1 vs a decent DH takes a long time to defeat. The main problem I’m facing is that while avoiding traps and all the stuff to down a DH he keeps the base and his team scores while I’m runing around him. It’s a waste of time for my team.

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

I’m not sure what kind of role you want to fulfil. It seems you want to beat every class in 1v1. Getting in range against a DH is obviously the right choice, but do you really help your team while doing that?

A DH could just sit on point while you do mediocre dps from range with necro/warr. Even if you manage to keep the point neutral you are not helping your team. It’s not that bad, but by doing 1v1 stalemates you can’t carry your team and end up not climbing at all.

Just leave a neutral/enemy capped point if the rest of the team is occupied and help them. You can retake the point later if you win teamfights. And with warrior you could also try to stalemate 1v2 if your opponents are kind of bad – easy win.

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

Well I’m having issues with GS, S+S warriors… this anet employee handed my kitten to me… https://youtu.be/kcyBJ1-BU7c?t=63

Maybe it’ll give you a hint on what his build is? (he has tons of health, alot of regen, and does damage…)

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

Well I’m having issues with GS, S+S warriors… this anet employee handed my kitten to me… https://youtu.be/kcyBJ1-BU7c?t=63

Maybe it’ll give you a hint on what his build is? (he has tons of health, alot of regen, and does damage…)

Are you asking that for real? Don’t you see his team composition? lol

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

Are you asking that for real? Don’t you see his team composition? lol

Unfortunately I set my shadow play for only 2 min.
I basically couldn’t put a dent on him on a earlier 1 v 1. He had a healthy regen to say the least. I can only Guess he’s running a combination of Power, Vitality, and Healing.

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

If you’re a necro you should poke at range for a while and pay attention to how many traps the DH has. If he clearly has more than 2 traps on utility you can probably 1vs1 by positioning (learn how to get around the points like the waterfall climb on legacy or behind pillars on forest, and induce him), because he’ll have given up on some utility for the traps. But if he’s actually a burn DH/only has test of faith, then you’ll have to be very careful or simply avoid soloing at all, because if he goes invulnerable/blocking during your condi transfers you’re basically dead.

You could also play his game and spam wells but would that even help with anything else? As a rule of thumb do not build solely to kill DHs, think of picking up the other targets first instead; then you can kite then and range offpoint if necro, or recover your skills for a burst with warrior. Don’t worry about losing the point for a sec, you can more than compensate with the 5 points from killing (people usually forget killing does give points and it’s not negligible if you use it to compensate enemy ticks from kiting).

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

1. druid
2. thief
3. rev

burn DH’s counter my rev soooooo hard

Yup with the nerf to power rev and buff to passive VOJ burn, my burn DH laughs at Revs.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Menyus.4610

1. druid
2. thief
3. rev

Thief dies to a DH in seconds, actually DH hardcounters thief

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

abaddon.3290

i mean there was a ele there also.

im bad at sarcasm

How do I beat DH's?

in PvP

Posted by: TheMountain.6204

TheMountain.6204

1. druid
2. thief
3. rev

Thief dies to a DH in seconds, actually DH hardcounters thief

This is one reason I stopped playing my thief. Seems there is at least one DH, if not more, in every team I face. Dragon’s Maw + Test of Faith = Dead thief. Even on my ele it hurts, I’ve blinked out and just been pulled back in.

The only good DH is the one on MY team.