How do I rank up fast in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

I started PvP again recently because I really wanted the phoenix finisher. The reward tracks are nice bonus but as an ardent PvE player it doesn’t really interest me much.
I’ve tried hotjoins, but since people leave after 50 point lead, it felt lackluster.

I tried solo queue games but it was full of afkers, leavers, and “miscommunication”. I main bunker guardian because I like supporting teammates, but I always get matched up with some terrible, I mean really terrible people who refuse to capture points and blame me for not keeping up with team fights, when I am holding points against 3 other players and calling for help in team chat.

I’ve won 45 out of 95 in solo arena matches, and 20 out of 35 in team arena matches. Rest were from hot joins. So is there anyway that I can just rank up in PvP in efficient manner and get the champion paragon title and the phoenix finisher? I’ve read the “all is vain” thread numerous times and I truly felt the emotional rush.

Tour

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

I wish there was a magic answer to this but there is none.

Either find a team or enjoy the pain that is soloQue and GRIND.

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

ranks been the easiest to get these days, you can get from 0 to 80 in 5 months. ranks means nothing in pvp except time spent.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

TheFamster.7806

ranks been the easiest to get these days, you can get from 0 to 80 in 5 months. ranks means nothing in pvp except time spent.

The thing is I also want to get better at it so that title the Champion Paragon means something. Some of the people in my guild are really good at pvp, but then there seems to be a huge gap between new pvpers and veteran pvp players. The good ones are really good, but then the bad ones like myself are just terrible. Unlike pve and/or wvw, this mode has strangely polarized skill division as well as high learning curves.

Tour

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Teamq gives you the most amount of rank points followed by soloq. Hotjoin is pretty much a waste of time.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Find a guild or group of people you like to teamQ with (even as pugs) using voice comms. The game is 1000x better playing with a competent group of players who can communicate, and you will get ranks faster too.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

The thing is I also want to get better at it so that title the Champion Paragon means something. Some of the people in my guild are really good at pvp, but then there seems to be a huge gap between new pvpers and veteran pvp players. The good ones are really good, but then the bad ones like myself are just terrible. Unlike pve and/or wvw, this mode has strangely polarized skill division as well as high learning curves.

champion titles don’t mean you’re a veteran pvp player…more than 5-8k tournament played is way more indicative…

already have 4 champ titles…on 3rd account lol

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

champion titles don’t mean you’re a veteran pvp player…more than 5-8k tournament played is way more indicative…

That’s one thing I never understood is the disparity between the titles and achievements. On one hand you have the different champ titles, which are very easy to get, few weeks of playing casually. Then you have champ brawler which is a extremely long term goal (nobody has yet to get it). There’s no middle ground at all.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

TheFamster.7806

That’s one thing I never understood is the disparity between the titles and achievements. On one hand you have the different champ titles, which are very easy to get, few weeks of playing casually. Then you have champ brawler which is a extremely long term goal (nobody has yet to get it). There’s no middle ground at all.

It’s because of different perspective. For instance I’ve always wondered why people have trouble soloing lupi or doing arah p1~4 or even in fractal 49~50. I’ve always breezed them through with my group or even able to pug them and perform decently. My reason for obsessing with titles is that I really like the title

Tour

in PvP

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

EotM, where objectives flip every time you blink, has achievements worth 75% of the AP of their regular WvW counterparts, yet has lower # requirements (by tens of thousands). Logic disconnects regarding time invested have never troubled the GW2 team much.

(edited by NonToxic.9185)

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

phoenix finisher? find a team, play proper pvp or gfto of pvp. srsly. rank finishers are for pvp players, as unimportant as they might have become.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Probably the fastest way to get level is go into “Solo Arena”, sit and wait to finish (meanwhile you can eat, drink, or read something), and then repeat. Try to avoid people whispers and complains about 4v5. For about every loss you will get gold, rewards and rank points.

in PvP

tanztante.6532

yep. some guy on reddit mad an xls about "getting rank 80 without playing"
the same thing but faster works in teamQ, oh and btw.: ANET; YOUR SYSTEM IS FLAWED!

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

So a PvE player want a PvP finisher. Why? It is meant as a reward to show off rank and determination as a PvP player. So if you want it you should farm soloq as everybody else does.

Melder – Thief

in PvP

TheFamster.7806

phoenix finisher? find a team, play proper pvp or gfto of pvp. srsly. rank finishers are for pvp players, as unimportant as they might have become.

I don’t understand the hostility. I’m a type of player who likes to have a long term goal and Phoenix finisher looks really awesome in my point of view. Just because a certain finisher attracted me into playing pvp doesn’t mean I won’t progress as a pvp player in terms of skills/awareness. In WvW or Pve, I like to teach and learn from people as much as I can, so I don’t see why I can’t do the same for PvP. In fact I’d like to ask you if you have explored out of PvP and actually took parts in PvE and WvW.

Tour

in PvP

tanztante.6532

sorry if i came on too strong, but i was a little bit drunk

all i wanted to say was, that if you want a high rank finisher, you should actually get into playing pvp and the best way to do that is by finding a decent team and playing teamQ.
also, there is no other way to do that, because yoloQ will drive you insane eventually and the progress in hotjoin is capped.

and yes, i explored pretty much every aspect of the game and finally ended up in pvp, because the rest is too repetitive for my taste.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

YoloQ (solo team queue) is fine… Obviously as you go up to top 200 you face a lot more premades and teams but under 500 it’s alright. Plenty of duos and singles. Also get to train yourself in new specs under pressure situations which will help you improve. Of course, you also have to recognise not all situations are salvageable.

Or, you can meet new people while doing so, someone extends an invite and you get a not-bad pug group that can hold their own until real premades on VOIP shows up. This has been the way before the solo/team queue split and there was only 1 queue.

If YoloQ does drive you insane, then you have the alternatives. SoloQ back to back and set a goal of maybe 20 games played a day, or maybe 10 wins. Then take a break, get out of your chair and do laundry/gym. Or farm hotjoins with your friends. Time passes by quickly when you kill stuff together/kill each other…

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty