How do i join 10 v 10, 15 v 15 man ... PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

Hi, I need your help! Whenever i go to the Heart of the Mists, whatewer game options i chose, i alwasy end up in a small 2v2 – 5v5 groups PvP. Is this intended? I like 5v5, but i would also like to try some bigger maps with 10v10, 15v15 and 20v20 man PvP, if possible? Or this game only supports 5v5 kind of sPvP? I know that i can play WwW for massive fights, but i’m more interested about SPvP right now.

What i usualy do is to click “Join now” or join 12/20, 17/20 … in a hope to join atleast 10v10 man matches, but it never happens.
I checked up the PvP guide on this forum, but i didn’t find a solution for my problem.
Ty for your help and sorry for english and for being a noob:P

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

at the moment, sPvP matches can only support up to 10 vs 10, via player “owned” custom arenas.

a maximum of 20 players is allowed in each game.

the “official” sPvP servers only support 5 vs 5 with the other 10 players as spectators.

you can use the filter to show only 10 vs 10 games in the game browser.

however, almost all of them would be empty, unless you can bring 20 players into those empty servers yourself to fill them up.

sPvP does not seem to support more than 20 players in a single game room at the moment, it has been over 2 years and i think this will not change.

in PvP

Sifu.9745

Oh, well, that’s not very good news … Ty for your kindness
I have 2 more questions, if you don’t mind:
1. How many PvP maps do we have in GW2? I only played 3 of them.
2. What is the difference between TPvP and SPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

sPvP is the name of PvP in GW2 ,oficially, it’s called structured PvP.

the community has adapted the PvP arena modes "Solo Queue" and "Team Queue" into sPvP and tPVP.

there six maps in the game atm, with some only available in solo Q and hotjoin.

in soloQ, also called yoloQ, you Q up alone and your team is usually filled with super dumb yolo (hence the name) shouting offpoint zergers. The random map rotation is as listed:
Temple of the Silent Storm
Forest of Niflhel
Battle of Kyhlo
Legacy of the Foefire
Spirit Watch
Skyhammer

in tpvp, your team is premade. the random map rotation is:
Temple of the Silent Storm
Forest of Niflhel
Battle of Kyhlo
Legacy of the Foefire

the difference to hotjoin is, that you cannot switch the gear or your team, and cannot leave the game once the match has started.

also, if you want big fights on big maps, i suggest you should stick your nose into wvw once in a while

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

(edited by tanztante.6532)

in PvP

Sifu.9745

Ty for your reply, tanztante. I hope that anet will add more maps in near future. As for WwW, it looks like it is more pve oriented than PvP …

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

They have one “beta mode” map in custom arenas called Courtyard as well, that uses a team deathmatch style system instead of a capture point system.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

If you want larger scale fights you should find some of the wvw guilds on your server. A lot of them run organised 15v15 up to 25v25 fights against guilds from other servers.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

PS. ironically called “GvG”

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

They have one “beta mode” map in custom arenas called Courtyard as well, that uses a team deathmatch style system instead of a capture point system.

O.O

I was not aware of the purpose of that map, thanks for pointing that out.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

yep, it gives ~50 pt a stomp i believe and has no nodes.

it’s actually a lot of fun if your team is up for it and you set the point limit to 5 stomps and no respawn

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]