How do you Necros deal with d/d eles?

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

In theory, necro boon stripping and damage over time attacks should counter d/d eles but their air 1 attack/heals, fire 2 short CD, earth shield and water cleanses out pace everything the necro has. The same applies to power necro builds vs d/d eles.

I play multi classes but still have more love for the necro…even if I suck at it coz I can’t seem to deal with d/d eles on necro.

I’d love to hear how you guys deal with them and what necro build. Not sure what my MMR is but I queue solo and faced Tarcis’ premade twice today.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

6/2/0/0/6 Power Necromancer

Shadow Form / Lich = Dead Light Weight Classes

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Vapour.7348

That’s my default build. Lich works well in hotjoin or in team fights where you are hard to reach. But against an experienced ele, 1v1, they would just LF out of sight and return RTL in under 20 sec.

Even if my LF is full, it is still a huge struggle to get them downed due to their constant heals and cleanse. Unlike warriors, necros dont have a signet to help them sustain. DS 1 is hard to land and it takes too long to cast.

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

What is Shadow Form? Isnt that a priest skill in WoW?

Last time i checked Necromancer only had Deathshroud…

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

But against an experienced ele, 1v1, they would just LF out of sight and return RTL in under 20 sec.

Meanwhile you’ve capped the point and have points ticking in. It will take a while for an ele to beat you like this, by which time you can get +1d.
It’s extremely hard for an ele to stay on point and 1v1 a necro with a high amount of life force.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

But against an experienced ele, 1v1, they would just LF out of sight and return RTL in under 20 sec.

Meanwhile you’ve capped the point and have points ticking in. It will take a while for an ele to beat you like this, by which time you can get +1d.
It’s extremely hard for an ele to stay on point and 1v1 a necro with a high amount of life force.

…and wasted a 180 sec cooldown, which can turn a team fight around for a 1v1.

in PvP

Vapour.7348

This is only from my experience – but 1v1, the ele would just use its amazing mobility to escape your lich form. That’s barely enough time to cap. And the ele usually returns with its kitten nal of heals, cleanses and burning attacks on low, very low cool downs.

in PvP

Vapour.7348

I said arrssenal – minus the extra r and s. I guess that’s a bad word.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Equip air fire sigils, don’t engage with 0 lifeforce all you really need to do is stay on point. watch for two things. Cleansing fire. And water attunement. As long as you can survive long enough to get him to pop cleansing fire and a water attunement as SOON as you see him swap to water immobilize him burst him and wait for cod, air fire to insta kill him. If he does manage to down you first if he doesn’t have mist form or armor of earth or arcane Sheild off cooldown he might get insta killed if you had him at close to half life.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

…and wasted a 180 sec cooldown, which can turn a team fight around for a 1v1.

I wasn’t referring to lich form, what I said applies without using lich form.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

In theory, necro boon stripping and damage over time attacks should counter d/d eles but their air 1 attack/heals, fire 2 short CD, earth shield and water cleanses out pace everything the necro has. The same applies to power necro builds vs d/d eles.

I play multi classes but still have more love for the necro…even if I suck at it coz I can’t seem to deal with d/d eles on necro.

I’d love to hear how you guys deal with them and what necro build. Not sure what my MMR is but I queue solo and faced Tarcis’ premade twice today.

But against an experienced ele

I don’t see why you expect to win against a more experienced player in general.
Forgive me for the following assumption but I believe that you’re asking to counter a profession regardless of the level of skill displayed by the opponent.

Water cleanse = 2 condis removed every 10s(for now) when swapping to water, assuming you have endurance for a dodge, in which case you barely cleanse a single condition

-The cantrip remove 1 condi each and they’re on a reasonable high CD

All of the above can be severely hindered by chill application, of which the necro is a very strong user
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dark_Path

Add to this the bountiful fear spam and you have a strong combo to use against eles.

If the ele wins…he’s simply a better player than you

in PvP

Vapour.7348

Equip air fire sigils, don’t engage with 0 lifeforce all you really need to do is stay on point. watch for two things. Cleansing fire. And water attunement. As long as you can survive long enough to get him to pop cleansing fire and a water attunement as SOON as you see him swap to water immobilize him burst him and wait for cod, air fire to insta kill him. If he does manage to down you first if he doesn’t have mist form or armor of earth or arcane Sheild off cooldown he might get insta killed if you had him at close to half life.

I’ll give your strategy a try. I currently have rage and air on dagger/warhorn so I’ve been missing out on that extra fire dmg. The margin for error on a necro is so small relative to other classes. I guess my mistake is that I staff chill the ele right when it attunes to water but before using cleansing fire.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Bait Cleansing Fire, wait for them to swap out of water, PoC rotation, stack Chill, fear&shackles when they enter Fire. Swap to Staff once they get water back. Don’t get CB baited with AoEarth, it’s your finishing cooldown after second water swap.

Stick to Scepter for Fire and Earth, Staff for water, Electricity whatever you want. Remember about Feast after PoC.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

What is Shadow Form?

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Shadow_Form

Duh.

in PvP

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

Chill seems to work fine for me, but it leaves you a bit kitten against other professions. Exhausting their dodges and cleanses works great too with cancels, but doesn’t always work. You gotta’ go for the burst while they’re chilled and it’s GG.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

General rule of thumb vs celelelelelelelelele is to force water. If you can force water before they can get some might stacked, even better. I’m fairly certain a fear+a lb or two should pressure them enough. If you can chill them after they leave water, even better. Apologies in advance if this is the dumbest advice ever since I’m really bad at necro.