How do you fix the meta? I'll show you.

in PvP

Posted by: Gecko.1962

Gecko.1962

I’ve always loved Gw2 PvP.. Ever since the Beta Events, even after launch – I’d queue every day, and play all day long (given I had the time). Even through it’s ups and downs, I’ve always enjoyed it. We’ve always had the ability to do SOMETHING, not just sit down and cry because there is no way around how poorly decisions are being made.

Tank Meta.. Season 1 HoT – we can’t kill anything, because all the bunker classes are invulnerable.

What do you do?

A. Nerf the ever loving kitten out of bunkers in a poor and ham fisted manner, causing multiple other classes to be completely ruined in both competitive and high tier play. Remove amulets and runes, causing the entire meta to sway, and many long time players to stop playing.

B. Focus on the hard counters that will effectively “break” those bunkers. Make adjustments where they are needed (Bunker Mesmer, Diamond Skin) and give damage boosts to other classes and specs, allowing for more build diversity based on the enemy team composition.

Which one sounds better? I really like B, but we’re stuck with A.

Now, look at the current meta. Season 2 HoT – Everyone and their dog plays Reaper / Rev / Scrapper. Elementalist Mains are still around, doing their best, but being shoe-horned into a specific play style and build. Mesmer’s are now far and few, but forced to run Condi. Ranger, Thief, Warrior, and Guardian are all non existent now because it’s way easier to just roll a top 3 fotm class and win.

How do we fix it?

A. Use the same ham fisted method to remove and/or nerf Reaper into the ground, effectively hurting Mesmer and Condi Rev at the same time. Leave Power Rev alone because it’s fine people paid money to be OP so lets let them be. The other classes will be fine, they’ll fill in the cracks that we’ve made, and hopefully it’ll solidify into a better meta overnight.

B.

Reaper: Nerf Reaper’s Corruption – 15 seconds is way too short for such a powerful ability, add 30 seconds to it, and make it a 45 second CD. Do the same for any other powerful corruption abilities, leave the class as a whole alone.

Rev: Give Hammer, Sword, Staff, Axe, and Mace a base damage nerf. Make Frigid Blitz blockable, and change Shiro Port to not give 3 unblockable attacks. Nerf Dragon Glyphs to give less might/ferocity/healing/protection per second. Staff 5 should not do as much damage as it does, tone down the base damage, and increase the cool down on Staff 4 from 15 seconds to 25. Demon Purge and Condi Resist should have a far larger cost, Elite Torment/second should be brought down as well.

Scrapper: Change the base healing of the turret itself, but allow it to scale better with healing power. Leave the class as a whole alone.

Elementalist: Increase the base healing of our Healing Glyph and Arcane Blast Heals. Aura Share should have a (larger) internal cool down. Shocking Aura should be a personal aura, and should not spread. Reduce the healing from both “Wash the Pain Away” and Overload Water. Increase the damage of Overload Fire, and increase the ticks from Overload Earth. Bring an Amulet that will compliment the Elementalist Class as a whole, and allow us to be hybrid again.

Mesmer: Give all the shatters a slight buff across the board. Lower the cool down on the invulnerability shatter by 5 seconds. Increase the healing from Ethereal Feast, and increase the damage from Mantra’s.

We can start here, and see where it takes us. It’s not a huge solution, but it’ll get things moving forward. I left out Thief Guard and Warrior, just because I do not know enough about their current state in the meta to make an accurate assumption of how they should be adjusted. When the other classes have been brought back in line, we will see how they stand and adjust accordingly.

The thing we need to remember is that there is always a solution outside of hitting things with the nerf hammer and lowering all the stats.

Sometimes you need to buff something to nerf something else.

Let me me know what you guys think!!

Everyone’s Favorite Furry! – Serrow
Elementalist/Ranger/Necro/Thief
“They can’t condi me if they’re dead.”

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Why play necromancer if you nerf it again? Weakest target to lockdown. Surviving burst or 1v2, 1v3 situations bad, self healing meh, mobility meh.. engi and reve far superior to necro. It’s your team if you can’t deal with a necromancer in seconds. I always tell my team to kill necros and focus but rare when they listen. So there are enemy necro/necros with full health free casting and putting condition and corrupt boons on everyone and teammates keep not focusing necro and die because they are low. they focus target tanky ele, reve, engi etc. Dealing with necromancer a l2p issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Palindron.1964

Palindron.1964

Why play necromancer if you nerf it again? Weakest target to lockdown. Surviving burst or 1v2, 1v3 situations bad, self healing meh, mobility meh.. engi and reve far superior to necro. It’s your team if you can’t deal with a necromancer in seconds. I always tell my team to kill necros and focus but rare when they listen. So there are enemy necro/necros with full health free casting and putting condition and corrupt boons on everyone and teammates keep not focusing necro and die because they are low. they focus target tanky ele, reve, engi etc. Dealing with necromancer a l2p issue.

Obviously a necroplayer

in PvP

Posted by: Gecko.1962

Gecko.1962

Well.. I do hope you didn’t tl;dr my entire post. I said specifically that we should nerf the corruption abilities. I didn’t say anything about nerfing the damage of the class or anything along those lines.

Everyone’s Favorite Furry! – Serrow
Elementalist/Ranger/Necro/Thief
“They can’t condi me if they’re dead.”

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

Im necromancer and always been since i started to play. What does it change about true things i posted?

in PvP

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

Scrapper:…Leave the class as a whole alone…

And this is where you lost me.

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

If you nerf corruption abilities it’s the smartest thing to reroll a boon heavy class and just stop playing necro.

in PvP

Posted by: bbennett.7463

bbennett.7463

Thankgod you are not a devloper at Anet

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

Well.. I do hope you didn’t tl;dr my entire post. I said specifically that we should nerf the corruption abilities. I didn’t say anything about nerfing the damage of the class or anything along those lines.

What about no? If you nerf corruption abiltity it is free space for kitten spam boon party.

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

another bunker lover got crushed, how i love reading their posts

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

In your post you say nothing about CC,and one of the reasons this game
feels unbalanced to play and is not fun to watch,and allows for many builds
to carry players is the abundance and spamability of CC,and access to stability.
A. they should reduce all CC abilities by 50%.Remove half of them.
B.No class/build should be allowed to use more than 1 CC per 30 sec.
C.There should be diminishing returns,so it will not be possible to
be controlled by the same kind of CC back to back.
D.Normalize stability across all classes.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Nerf Damage ALL AROUND. Well may be not warrior.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

“Reaper: Nerf Reaper’s Corruption – 15 seconds is way too short for such a powerful ability, add 30 seconds to it, and make it a 45 second CD. Do the same for any other powerful corruption abilities, leave the class as a whole alone.”

The ability “corrupt boon” had a 40(30) cooldown before the buff and corrupted 5 boons not 3. The reason it was changed was because it was purply ineffective. The high rate of boon generation and condition cleansing completely made any sort of boon corruption moot.

The sceptar auto corruption can do with being on the #2 skill but that’s a buff/nerf depending on how you look at it.

in PvP

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

How to fix:
Split PvP/WvW/PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

Rev: Give Hammer, Sword, Staff, Axe, and Mace a base damage nerf. Make Frigid Blitz blockable, and change Shiro Port to not give 3 unblockable attacks. Nerf Dragon Glyphs to give less might/ferocity/healing/protection per second. Staff 5 should not do as much damage as it does, tone down the base damage, and increase the cool down on Staff 4 from 15 seconds to 25. Demon Purge and Condi Resist should have a far larger cost, Elite Torment/second should be brought down as well.

Its 2 unblockable on phase traversal. And incrcease cooldown on our only clense. good joke sir !

in PvP

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

Mesmer: Give all the shatters a slight buff across the board. Lower the cool down on the invulnerability shatter by 5 seconds. Increase the healing from Ethereal Feast, and increase the damage from Mantra’s.
guess he plays mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Dril.2495

Dril.2495

engi just about the strongest class next to necro’s and your suggestion is to slightly reduce the healing of their healing station and thats it? I stopped reading on your engi suggestions. You are right that there should be better balance changes but your changes are not the way.

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

same…

in PvP

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

So increase survivability of boon heavy classes and remove the best boon stripping class from use?

I have no words.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Nerf hammer rev? Leave scrapper alone? Wtf xd

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Brockolosso.8316

Brockolosso.8316

B. Focus on the hard counters that will effectively “break” those bunkers.

b is bullkitten
just split pvp/pve and actually try to fix the class design, not amulets or % of skills

in PvP

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

Actually the reaper is clearly a big problem, the condi spam is insane (chill, burn, weakness, fear, bleed, poison, torment, snare, vuln,..) ,and don t forget the corrupt! when there are two reapers it´s a big bang bang! With this there is the big shroud dps and survivability. Only reapers tell “it´s easy to take down us” but when you are chill 100% of the time you start with a big handicap. Maybe they have to reduce the chill effect line alacrity and to not allow chill to reducd the speed, there is cripple for this.

The revenant is high but more hard to play. Maybe reducing the mobility or the damage is a good way to balance it.

For the scrapper i m disapointed. He has a really high burst capacity but you can easily kite it and when you scape the burst, the scrapper run during 10-15 sec. Etc etc. I think they have to reduce the burst but to improve the gap closer and continuous damage. Also reducing the healing capacity or defense is a good way to balance the class.

For me the dh is also a problem but it´s another question.
Globally, if they reduce the condi spam (chill, weakness), the aoe cc/damage/condi (reaper/rev/scrapper/tempest), the pvp will be globally balance, warrior, rogue will be really high (they suffer a lot of this aoe spam)

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Arguably the most ignorant suggestion made on these forums. Leave scrapper alone LMAO. And you want to nerf corrupt boon to 45 sec CD? It was 40 second CD pre-patch. Are you out of your kittening mind? No, you just don’t understand a thing about this game.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Tbh I just don’t get the damage on chill. Bleed, burn efc is sort of fine, but chill is so loaded now it’s at the top of my death recap everytime. I just don’t think the chill damage is necessary at all, it’s a soft CC and doesn’t need it.

in PvP

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

looks like someone mains scrapper