How do you play with your mouse?

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

-snip-

The issue here is that you don’t understand that the criteria for maintaining that 51% is the difficult part. That’s like saying an amber can keep playing like an amber and hit legendary if their win rate is over 50%. You have to keep improving to maintain that 51% (or make a premade with the previous meta cheese).

The guy obviously has no idea what he’s talking about. He thinks keeping a 51% win rate is like a walk in the park. And he also doesnt get the fact that as the higher you climb up the division, the harder the competition will be. So yeah you do have to be good or else you will get reked by the big boys.

51% isn’t as hard as either of you are making it sound. Also the divisions still balance with mmr as well as division. The good players can maintain a 60% winrate in ranked. But it’s cool at least I can pat my head and rub my tummy at the same time.

Ok seriously, if it wasn’t so hard why don’t I see a bunch of Legendarys walking around? Plus I know people who tried getting to legendary and maxed at Diamond and they played a lot of games.

Because not everyone can play 20+games a day.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

It’s an old post from a rather dead blog (unfortunately), but you can try his settings as a base for your setup.

http://taugrim.com/2012/06/27/guide-to-guild-wars-2-keybinds/

If you are left-handed, let me know and I’ll try to upload my setup some time next week.

in PvP

Posted by: Cristobal.8640

Cristobal.8640

WASD: Move
Weapon skills: Shift, Q, E, R, Alt.
Heal: F
Jump: Space
Weapon Switch: Tabz
Closest Target: X

Little finger gets weapon skill 1 and weapon switch, thumb gets dodge or weapon skill 5, the rest of the hand is always free to move and use abilities.

Consider compound hotkeys for stuff to reduce the number of keys, for instance, I attune elements with my 4 mouse buttons and have Tab + those mouse buttons as a shortcut for all the utility skills and elite, so 8 skills on 5 keys (4+modifier)

Useful for engi, shatter mes, all things really

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

-snip-

The issue here is that you don’t understand that the criteria for maintaining that 51% is the difficult part. That’s like saying an amber can keep playing like an amber and hit legendary if their win rate is over 50%. You have to keep improving to maintain that 51% (or make a premade with the previous meta cheese).

The guy obviously has no idea what he’s talking about. He thinks keeping a 51% win rate is like a walk in the park. And he also doesnt get the fact that as the higher you climb up the division, the harder the competition will be. So yeah you do have to be good or else you will get reked by the big boys.

51% isn’t as hard as either of you are making it sound. Also the divisions still balance with mmr as well as division. The good players can maintain a 60% winrate in ranked. But it’s cool at least I can pat my head and rub my tummy at the same time.

Ok seriously, if it wasn’t so hard why don’t I see a bunch of Legendarys walking around? Plus I know people who tried getting to legendary and maxed at Diamond and they played a lot of games.

Playing 20+ games day for 8 weeks does not mean you’ll get to Legendary. Whoever told you that is incorrect. In fact, that’ll hurt your chances because you’ll be burned out meaning you won’t be playing at your A game. How I got to Legendary was anytime I lost 3 games in a row I’d call it a day. I’d also duo Q with friends who were good and had a decent knowledge of rotations. But most importantly, I knew when and how to milk win streaks. So if I won 3 games in a row I’d keep playing until I lose and then call it a day.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

-snip-

Playing 20+ games day for 8 weeks does not mean you’ll get to Legendary. Whoever told you that is incorrect. In fact, that’ll hurt your chances because you’ll be burned out meaning you won’t be playing at your A game. How I got to Legendary was anytime I lost 3 games in a row I’d call it a day. I’d also duo Q with friends who were good and had a decent knowledge of rotations. But most importantly, I knew when and how to milk win streaks. So if I won 3 games in a row I’d keep playing until I lose and then call it a day.

Doesn’t mean you will, but you most likely will lol.

No one told me anything.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

If you do not want to use a mouse, then just play a Scrapper or Reaper.