How do you spend your glory?

in PvP

Posted by: Fantom.9217

Fantom.9217

How about a thread that isn’t balance whine for a change? Let’s talk glory.

What do you guys spend your glory on? Chests? Gear components for the forge?

If chests, do you always buy gold? Or do you buy a lower type.

Do you spend it at all? Are you saving it for higher ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Zeta Reticuli.9203

Zeta Reticuli.9203

After rank 20 I just started banking glory, I hated the way the 3 light armor dolyak sets looked, So I just planned to wait for Wolf gear.

I ran out of my glory boosters after it hit about 50k glory, so I bought about 40 silver chests (since you can get crystals from silver). I was able to make about 10 boosters with this. Starting to think it was a waste of glory. Unless you’re getting over 250 points nearly ever game, it seems like it costs more glory to make the boosters than you receive with them.

Or maybe I just have terrible RNG with crystals :/ I have over 250 orbs and over 15 slivers and never run tournaments, so all my stuff is straight from the vendor.

But what else is there to do with it besides create gear/consumables lol..

(edited by Zeta Reticuli.9203)

in PvP

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Not doing spvp for long, so I wonder if it’s worth buying gold chests or better wait.

i checked out several medium armor sets, and I don’t fancy much of it…

Mostly I’m interested in the hats you can get at higher rankings, maybe a chest piece or two.

I actually don’t know if it is worth saving up or not, I don’t see many spectacular things as engineer…

I found the armor models, but I can’t find the shield models so far/ Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place.
A cool pistol and shield, a great rifle… could be worth waiting for.

edit: silly me: the locker has preview on the items you don’t have yet as well… nm

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

(edited by Kimbald.2697)

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

i didn’t spend a single glory till rank 30 then i bough about 40 chests…now i wait till rank 40 to repeat it

in PvP

Posted by: Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

How about a thread that isn’t balance whine for a change? Let’s talk glory.

What do you guys spend your glory on? Chests? Gear components for the forge?

If chests, do you always buy gold? Or do you buy a lower type.

Do you spend it at all? Are you saving it for higher ranks?

I don’t spend it, there is no reason to. As soon as you hit 10,20,30,… You spend a bunch get the gear you want in that range with in the first 30min, of hitting that rank, then you just sit and horde it for another 10 ranks. And that’s even if you like what is in that rank range.

Setnnex-Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

I spend my glory points on gold plated chalices so I can drink the tears of the QQers with class.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: deapee.7516

deapee.7516

There needs to be more options to spend them on stuff…and I don’t like the random nature of getting gear either.

in PvP

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

Rank 20, haven’t used a single glory booster.

I have over 46k glory, and haven’t spent it. (ok, I spent 1k here and there to get some larger bags) Not liking the stuff I get out of chests…waiting until I get some fashionable gear

You can buy the armor sets you want??

in PvP

Posted by: Animosity.5231

Animosity.5231

I still have a stockpile of boosters I’ve been planning to use. Just never remember. I only spend glory to get bags, and salvage kits to salvage all the junk I get from rank/tPvP chests. Rank 23, waiting on Wolf to see if I get something new that I actually like.

in PvP

Posted by: Healingz R Us.7240

Healingz R Us.7240

Been hoarding for a while got about 200k glory rank 42 and don’t know what to spend it on

-Healy

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Saving it for the upcoming PvP reward changes

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

I would like to see some form of new rewards to buy with my 500k glory… Im only rank 50 lol.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

I simply don’t, not anymore….

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

You Don’t.

The second I hit rank 40, I spent about half my glory and got literally every piece I wanted for 40-50 a ton of crap for my bank, and a ton of mats. I will occasionally spend some glory “Just to do it”, and rarely get a dye I don’t already have, which is literally the only useful thing I could get out of that chest. It was almost entirely from screwing around in hot join (I wasn’t winning tons of tourneys for crazy fast glory accumulation). On top of that, I think i’m sitting on 300+ glory boosters – I’ve used maybe 10 in the year I’ve been playing this game, so it’s not like I’m farming as much glory as I can out of games.

I made a suggestion on the boards a few days ago that no one seemed to respond to, so I’ll lay it out here again. For every 10 dollars a player spends purchasing gems, allow them to spend X glory (lets say 10,000, but that number is up for debate) to obtain another 800 gems (10 dollars worth). This will give players a chance to use their glory to pick up things they wouldn’t usually spend money on (Dye packs, armor sets, finishers, etc), while making sure they have to spend real money as well.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I don’t. I spent my rank 20 glory on a huge amount of chests at one point for some reason (I think I wanted free bags and a lot of mats lol). But the ranks since then I’ve saved it, only using it for bags when I start a new toon.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: theonewhoknocks.8641

theonewhoknocks.8641

It was quite exciting in BWE’s when you received this sweet purple currency called Glory for your PvP endeavors. Every point capped was money in the bank and by god when you hit that Rank milestone of a new tier and got to buy some new sweet sweet loot. It quickly became evident that it’s absolutely garbage and now I just keep all mine in the wallet hoping that my integer is greater than someone else’s thus proving me the greater warrior.

in PvP

Posted by: djtool.8372

djtool.8372

I have all my glory in an off-shore account.

in PvP

Posted by: DevO.9854

DevO.9854

all dyes all the time.

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I spent a decent bit a while ago making dyes. I actually had some good luck and ended up getting a celestial dye. Since then, I mostly just spend it trying to get crit items. Can burn through a lot of glory fast if the rng isn’t on your side.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: aleks.5473

aleks.5473

there is cool gear for r30 and r 40 you will moust likly spend all of your glory for it but after tath lets do some math
for 1 rank after 40 you need 45k points ( glory ) and for 50 you need 75k tho many times you wil lget more glory then rank but for this example lets asume you get same amount
to get r 50 you have 45k X 9 + 75k X 1 = 480k
I’m rank 53 from time to time i get bored and sped 10-20k for chest to get finishes but now this ship is saild and you dont have to worry for it anyway i get 750k + glory and the truth is there is nothing you can do with it

Shadowsong Bg, Zagorka bg – r61
Champ mesmer, engy, rangar, necro, guardian, warrior