How does it feeling destroying necros?

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

I don’t know about you, but for me it just removes one class from the game.
My guardian and mesmer used to go 50/50 against necros, now not a single necro is able to do anything. Had to place traps separately, use smart tactics when fighting reaper with my guardian. Now i just run to their faces and destroy them.
Is anyone gonna miss reapers in pvp?

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

They are far from gone, they just work differently now.
You are playing:
a) What many considered to be the direct counter for necro.
b) The single strongest dueling class.
They moved from ‘slightly op’ to ‘lower average’ so ‘hardcounter or ’completely broken’
has an easier time destroying them.
On my thief I found fighting them actually to be a little harder (still possible) since we cant cleanse one of the main damage sources on every dodge anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

It hardly removes them from game. +1 to what Astrat said.

Also, you are testing these changes in unranked, where you can come across the loliest of the loliest bad players. Even Nosoc isn’t sure if they’re removed from meta yet till he gets sufficient scrim time against other pro players.

They needed nerfing. Anet just missed a few classes.

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

You are playing:
They moved from ‘slightly op’ to ‘lower average’ so ‘hardcounter or ’completely broken’
On my thief I found fighting them actually to be a little harder (still possible) since we cant cleanse one of the main damage sources on every dodge anymore.

Well, thiefs were beyond broken good at fighting 1v1 and can destroy absolutely anyone. But i don’t play thief, so i don’t know if killing necro with a thief got easier or harder.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in PvP

Asrat.2645

Sure. Thieves are the kings of 1v1. There is no way you can kill them. (srsly? Are you stuck in 2013?) Ok actually there IS no way you can kill them…and vice versa. You attack them, they have to run away.

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Can’t tell if Regon is troll or…

not even going to try

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

You are playing:

Do you know what is really funny necro was a a (hard-)counter on a basic lvl, I mean how do you fight low cleanse, boon reliant builds? You apply condi’s and corrupt their boons maybe?

EverythingOP

in PvP

Asrat.2645

Ohhh I didnt try it out. I dont play guards. But several experienced players have stated meditrapper to be a counter for necros. Both sides, necros and guards.
Mb only states ‘power based builds’ as counter, so I guess there is some truth to it.

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Ohhh I didnt try it out. I dont play guards. But several experienced players have stated meditrapper to be a counter for necros. Both sides, necros and guards.
Mb only states ‘power based builds’ as counter, so I guess there is some truth to it.

Funny my experiences were the opposite but I ran cpc for a long time. Even when I didn’t I had a good chance because I just placed a wurm on the traps and they triggered without problem. Still meta was low-cleanse high boons (rev and scrapper are the clear examples ele the exception) and people complained reaper was OP. And now I have to hear about counters.

EverythingOP

(edited by Tim.6450)

in PvP

Posted by: Rap Tiger.1257

Rap Tiger.1257

Then the reapers you faced are very noobs, the only thing that had nerf was chill and still received more buff as in spinal that takes 40% damage.

Not me who warrior game and ranger walk crying so the nerf in smokescale and brist pet, or any other nerf it has received, and looks that these classes are competitive compared with reaper just press a button and corrupts the boons and plays 10 conditions of time.

I think the reapers want to have the power that warrior had in 2012, did not take too much damage and survive and beat a lot too, they were almost immortal.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Has this been your experience in unranked? Because if so, the quality of the necros your facing is questionable.

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Even without the chill damage MediTrappers should be easier to deal with now for necros since true shot had its damage toned down

just dodge the spear pull and let rise trigger the traps.
use CPC if you trait MoC at the cost of a stunbreak

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

You are playing:

Well, thiefs were beyond broken good at fighting 1v1 and can destroy absolutely anyone. But i don’t play thief, so i don’t know if killing necro with a thief got easier or harder.

2013 called, they want they’re thief back.

in PvP

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

it was a huge nerf chill damage aplication and time got nerf rs 4 and 5 got nerf with that nerfing condi application on the spin and affecting power reaper as well that was in a mediocre spot also stab got a little nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Yeah it’s a pitty, i no longer kill people when switching to staff when my hydromancy procs on the revenant

/s

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

The problem here is that every one wants to run the same skill or build call it wtv, and do well in 1v1 and team fights and have all the sustain at the same time also.

Lets talk about reapers atm , this class performs better in team fights imo, i always run a build to help team fights , so when im 1v1 a thief for example i shouldnt just win easy ( usually i do cause 90 percent cant play thief) but when i face a proper thief like sindrener or sizer or red levin its almost impossible to win because they dont just eat aoe and desingage if they need to .
U need to look at your build also and see against what classes u r up against then think what to do .
Reapers are not weak imo but having no invuls or blocks and now losing the chill damage hurts the class.
So less burst now, i see it as a big nerf to the class, and i need to adjust my build over this change .

I would like to suggest adding 2 stacks torment to chill damage insted of 1 bleed.

in PvP

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

I honestly could care less about the deathly chill nerf. It’s the infusing terror nerf that makes Reaper’s job a lot harder as you now have to rush to use the fear faster which means less stability.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

My guardian and mesmer used to go 50/50 against necros, now not a single necro is able to do anything. Had to place traps separately, use smart tactics when fighting reaper with my guardian. Now i just run to their faces and destroy them.

The circle of life (nerfs/buffs) continues to spin.

Warriors turn to step up a bit after sitting on the bench for 2 seasons.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Most of these people don’t care. They are just happy that if they play a strong class/build and it wasn’t nefed then everything is right with the world. It doesn’t matter to them that these kind of severe nerfs, while other powerful things are left untouched, shows how stupid the devs involved in balancing are. Paging Karl and Evan.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

The problem here is that every one wants to run the same skill or build call it wtv, and do well in 1v1 and team fights and have all the sustain at the same time also.

Lets talk about reapers atm , this class performs better in team fights imo, i always run a build to help team fights , so when im 1v1 a thief for example i shouldnt just win easy ( usually i do cause 90 percent cant play thief) but when i face a proper thief like sindrener or sizer or red levin its almost impossible to win because they dont just eat aoe and desingage if they need to .
U need to look at your build also and see against what classes u r up against then think what to do .
Reapers are not weak imo but having no invuls or blocks and now losing the chill damage hurts the class.
So less burst now, i see it as a big nerf to the class, and i need to adjust my build over this change .

I would like to suggest adding 2 stacks torment to chill damage insted of 1 bleed.

?

but when i face a proper thief like sindrener or sizer or red levin its almost impossible to win because they dont just eat aoe and desingage if they need to .

??

sizer

??? Wasn’t he in jail?

in PvP

Brokensunday.4098

The circle of life (nerfs/buffs) continues to spin.

Warriors turn to step up a bit after sitting on the bench for 2 seasons.

necro was in the bench for 3 years =[

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

But yet revenants work well in team fights and 1v1, so does engi, so does mesmer, same thing with ranger. This argument is invalid and is pretty much the same flawed logic Anet is using.

in PvP

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

But yet revenants work well in team fights and 1v1, so does engi, so does mesmer, same thing with ranger. This argument is invalid and is pretty much the same flawed logic Anet is using.

Sounds like you’re just mad your OP reaper got hit with a nerf and refuse to learn how to play a better balanced reaper :P, Ragion.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Sounds like you’re just mad your OP reaper got hit with a nerf and refuse to learn how to play a better balanced reaper :P, Ragion.

What are you talking about dude, unlike you meta zombies i dont play condi necro plus i play mainly revenant these days. What you’re saying doesnt disprove my point either

in PvP

Brokensunday.4098

lol there is no balance reaper with this nasty power creep r now is useles or low tiers

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Far from removed, if anything Anet unknowingly buffed necros. Before the patch I could deal with necros (2 vs 1) by taking runes of the Svanir and 33% chill red trait.Post patch: Instead of chill, they are condi bombing me with torment, which I have yet to found a counter for. The 20% incoming condi red or 25% from holbrak or melandru, respectively, are crap compare to the 83% chill red I used to have with Svanir.

So it’s a buff for those who main necros.

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

Far from removed, if anything Anet unknowingly buffed necros. Before the patch I could deal with necros (2 vs 1) by taking runes of the Svanir and 33% chill red trait.Post patch: Instead of chill, they are condi bombing me with torment, which I have yet to found a counter for. The 20% incoming condi red or 25% from holbrak or melandru, respectively, are crap compare to the 83% chill red I used to have with Svanir.

What? All their damage is coming from bleed now.
I dread when i see reaper in my team, because they can’t 1v1 anyone and in team fights they are dead in seconds. Reaper in team – lost game.

Just started playing warrior and i bomb reapers like nothing. With my main, guardian, i usually ignore reapers, because they do no damage and can’t keep their chills for long.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Torment application is completely unchanged from before. You’re not getting any Torment bombs that weren’t already happening.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Reaper is hilarious to face on my ele now. I used to have trouble with reaper’s and engineers on my ele. Now I can 3v1 them all day long and they don’t even have a prayer of killing me.

With so much less chill, there are just less conditions to clear so bleed is always cleared, it can never even get close to the stacks required to compensate for deathly chill change.

I suspect people are still seeing fear + chill + bleed + vuln all pop on their bar at once, panicking using a condi clear and leaving their bleeds on. Of course the fear, chill, and vuln now last for 1-2s max so you just count to 1, take very little damage because it takes so long for bleeds to stack up and chill doesn’t tick hard then casually clear the bleed and laugh in the necros face.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Reaper is hilarious to face on my ele now. I used to have trouble with reaper’s and engineers on my ele. Now I can 3v1 them all day long and they don’t even have a prayer of killing me.

With so much less chill, there are just less conditions to clear so bleed is always cleared, it can never even get close to the stacks required to compensate for deathly chill change.

I suspect people are still seeing fear + chill + bleed + vuln all pop on their bar at once, panicking using a condi clear and leaving their bleeds on. Of course the fear, chill, and vuln now last for 1-2s max so you just count to 1, take very little damage because it takes so long for bleeds to stack up and chill doesn’t tick hard then casually clear the bleed and laugh in the necros face.

Try with something that doesnt have broken sustain.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Yes please nerf sustain. I am face rolling necros on every class with condition removal.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

“How does it feeling destroying necros?”

Good. It feels good. :-)

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Back in their rightful place as the GW2 soccer ball.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

Sure. Thieves are the kings of 1v1. There is no way you can kill them. (srsly? Are you stuck in 2013?) Ok actually there IS no way you can kill them…and vice versa. You attack them, they have to run away.

on my druid ranger a thief has never been able to run away because has soon has i daze them they are rooted and get bleeds plus what ever else i want to do to them before they die. well there was one the other day that saw me and just ran the other way. only time they can kill me is if they get me while i am busy fighting someone else

master jedi david

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I don’t get it… I was playing Necro before it’s scepter AA bandwagon tho, just remade my build a little but it feels just as good as ever.

The chill doing damage, I don’t miss it, it was broken when combined with terrormancer traits anyway but 1 stack of bleed does seem like a bit of an overhaul… 3 stacks maybe would have been good.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Asrat.2645

on my druid ranger a thief has never been able to run away because has soon has i daze them they are rooted and get bleeds plus what ever else i want to do to them before they die. well there was one the other day that saw me and just ran the other way. only time they can kill me is if they get me while i am busy fighting someone else

That sounds like you are facing very bad thieves. With unhindered combatant there is no reason to be immobilized anymore.
Rangers are prey. The pet is somewhat of a problem and the glyphs are due to all the visual noise.
I play both classes and kiling rangers on my thief is not easy but doable, killing thieves on my ranger is much harder. Im happy if I manage to keep them off me.