How does this matchmaking works?

in PvP

Posted by: Shimanagu.6215

Shimanagu.6215

Now i have rating 1837 (195 place atm). My last game was.. Against party Obindo(2013 rating, 11 place) + Metrix (2071 rating, 4 place). Just what?
Idk ratings another players in that game but i can be shure that 1 of my team was on my rating (190+- place).
How i can get higher raiting when i got top10 players party against me already at 200 places? And how this matchmaking works, can u explain me?

in PvP

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Here’s how matchmaking works:

It looks for 9 other players around your skill rating from the existing queue of players. If it can’t find that many, the search range is widened until it fills all 10 spots. Then, the teams are formed by trying to balance team MMRs as much as possible.

Those two 2000+ rated players didn’t have 8 other equally rated players to be matched up with at that given point in time, so the search was widened for them until the system found you and placed you in a match with them.

For matchmaking to work flawlessly, it needs to be able to draw upon a queue that has not only a diverse range of players at different ratings, but also have enough players at any given rating. Something on the order of 10s or 100s of players at smaller rating intervals (501-550, … , 1901-1950, 1951-2000,2001-2050, … , 2301-2350), all queuing simultaneously.

Of course, there’s no way to guarantee that that many people queue at the same time. It requires a much higher population of players than GW2 has for PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Dreamer.1952

Dreamer.1952

At least if there are a diversion of 200 points the rank4 and rank 10 shoudnt be in the same team, but they are probably having a DUO party, wich is making the DUO vs solo even more OP