How does you hot join work excatly?

in PvP

Posted by: Sweeps.3059

Sweeps.3059

I have been playing pvp for 3 hours now trying to get my daily’s done and why exactly am I being placed in games with Phoenix and Dragon ranked players when I am only Bear rank?
How exactly does your game decide who joins what???

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I think you need to join the unranked queue. Hotjoin is a place for pve bullies to farm new players as far as I can tell.

in PvP

Sweeps.3059

I a\m in the unranked queue thats the problem,

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Sweeps the HoT join is completely separate from the Unranked, yes neither contribute to your Mmr ranking and are thus unranked but the Unranked Pvp mode is different.

in PvP

Sweeps.3059

Ohhhh ok so you mean I should select a game from the game browser instead of pressing the Unranked arena button???

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Your post title says Hot join, not Unranked, which are 2 different game types, second your little pvp “rank” be it rabbit, bear, shark, phoenix, or dragon, means absolutely next to nothing when it comes to match making, since you can lose every single match and still achieve those “high” ranks.

Anet uses an invisible number called your Mmr (Matchmaking Rating)which you only build or lose while playing in ranked matches, afaik they have a separate Mmr for unranked.

So if you want the proper answer, post the proper question/thread title.

(edited by BlaqueFyre.5678)

in PvP

Sweeps.3059

Ah i see ok then i apologies and thank you for the information.
Also I guess I should play more to learn these things and get better as I suck right now :p
Thanks again