How have i ever killed daredevil?

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

I actually find it a bit amusing how many thieves come to threads like this and claim thieves are not good atm or that daredevils are east to beat.

Its just amusing. of course you’re going to say they’re not good… XD

But idc really. Anet isn’t very good at the whole balance thing imo. It’s not really a surprise.

Anet tries to form a rock/paper/scissors type of “strategy” behind the game. Condensing classes into a very particular style of play to counter the other very specific type of build since those builds are the only viable ones.

Reapers are supposed to AOEspam conditions and tank just to counter the overly abusive evades daredevils have and daredevils are supposed to counter the non-aoe bunkers and the bunkers blah blah blah

It’s a rather boring, stale, and unfun way of playing. You can easily just stop what you’re doing when you’re facing some build that directly counters your own.

As a matter of fact. You might as well play the game that way. So say you’re build counters somebody esles, just say “hey mine is X build and counters your build” and they can just hit the auto-death button. Why waste time going through the motions?

lol i keed. I’m only half serious. I really don’t care. r/p/s based pvp games get a bit stale that’s all.

(edited by TheDevice.2751)

in PvP

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

Thief is the second most frustrating class to play against right now, because of the continual stunbreaks and immob clears.

It’s balanced if not actually underpowered, but it basically negates absolutely everything you can throw at it (until you hit a certain point and it dies instantly, but most builds can’t hit that point)

Pls what?

There are at least 4 classes more “frustrating” to play against than thief (condi-berserker, condi-chrono, tempest, scrapper and even DH, if you are thief).
Then there is the point of “continual stunbreaks”. Do you know how many stunbreaks the meta-build actually has? ONE, except for a second the next few seconds after the first one. Then it is on cd for 50sec. Thieves can have more with bandits defence by sacrificing blinding powder which is superior in pvp in the eyes of most thieves (at least in most cases).

The feeling that they “negate absolutly everything you throw at them” comes from their active defence that feels slippery and “cheaty” for the one confronting it.
Such a fight demands good reactions, timing and knowledge from both sides to win.

Anyone can spam dodges on thief, stances on warri, shatters on mes, auras/healing on ele, blocks and traps on DH, condis on necro, buttons on scrapper, etc.
At the end the ressources need to be used smart and correctly in order to win.

The game gotmore spamming, on EVERY class. That is the current situation and you need to adapt.

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

in PvP

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Just bought new character slot and made a thief.
After trying it out on my new computer, i can say that AOE is real problem for thieves. That aside, how have i ever killed any of them? I am killing people 1v1, 1v2 and sometimes 1v3, if they lack AOE. Used to be guardian main, but i can’t even compare these two. If Anet aren’t going to nerf thieves, then i found my new main.

My question, though, how other thieves perma-dodge everything and why other thieves don’t view that as broken?

They really don’t — a good thief is in and out of the fight. Strikes hard and fast, sticks around to finish the job, and leaves. Some builds have built-in dodges that allow them to stick around for fights longer, but they sacrifice some of the burst damage.

The counter? AoE’s, reflects, and retaliation. Condis can work wonders too if you can get them to land. Thief has barely any condi cleanse besides shadowstep.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in PvP

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

I think Daredevil is way OP. Why did thieves get so much evade when they already had an almost exclusive hold on Stealth? Evade was a Ranger mechanic. It is not right that there are players much running around PvP almost invincible except to AOE. Even CC isn’t very effective.

I say this as a 2-year ranger who has tried taunting, blocking, and kicking them. They just stealth and stun break, while throwing deadly conditions and evading at the same time. Played against 2 daredevils today in my super healing Cleric build (over 2K power and toughness and almost 1400 healing) and still died to these daredevils in about a minute each. This is nuts.

I have been playing Druid for 2 or 3 days now. I have run into many thieves and none could take me down unless I was pressed hard by 2 or 3 other people just before the daredevil engaged. As a cleric bunker druid, I honestly don’t think you should be dying to daredevil. I just don’t see this happening UNLESS you blew a ton of cooldowns and maybe had less than full hp from a previous fight. Just because of this now I am going to try to find a high level Daredevil to see if he can take me down that quickly or at all.
If anybody wants to experiment let me know It could of been that Ive only ran into mediocre DD but I will try to find someone and report back.

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

After trying it out on my new computer, i can say that AOE is real problem for thieves. That aside, how have i ever killed any of them? I am killing people 1v1, 1v2 and sometimes 1v3, if they lack AOE. Used to be guardian main, but i can’t even compare these two. If Anet aren’t going to nerf thieves, then i found my new main.

My question, though, how other thieves perma-dodge everything and why other thieves don’t view that as broken?

They really don’t — a good thief is in and out of the fight. Strikes hard and fast, sticks around to finish the job, and leaves. Some builds have built-in dodges that allow them to stick around for fights longer, but they sacrifice some of the burst damage.

The counter? AoE’s, reflects, and retaliation. Condis can work wonders too if you can get them to land. Thief has barely any condi cleanse besides shadowstep.

Yeah, AoE and retaliation are good against aggressive burst down characters. I’ve noticed quite a few players don’t seem to notice when you have retaliation and end up killing themselves lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Yeah, AoE and retaliation are good against aggressive burst down characters. I’ve noticed quite a few players don’t seem to notice when you have retaliation and end up killing themselves lol.

Yeah, and people bursting ranged weapons often don’t realize that reflects are up until it’s too late. Overly aggressive thieves will find themselves in condi hell if they aren’t careful.

I’ve seen a P/P thief kill himself on my engineer’s reflects. Was hilarious.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in PvP

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

Apparently the key issue is that I don’t use Druid, because I don’t have HOT. I was just using signets, greatsword, horn and axe. Still can’t take on a condi Daredevil. Oh well. I’m not buying the expansion.

I think Daredevil is way OP. Why did thieves get so much evade when they already had an almost exclusive hold on Stealth? Evade was a Ranger mechanic. It is not right that there are players much running around PvP almost invincible except to AOE. Even CC isn’t very effective.

I say this as a 2-year ranger who has tried taunting, blocking, and kicking them. They just stealth and stun break, while throwing deadly conditions and evading at the same time. Played against 2 daredevils today in my super healing Cleric build (over 2K power and toughness and almost 1400 healing) and still died to these daredevils in about a minute each. This is nuts.

I have been playing Druid for 2 or 3 days now. I have run into many thieves and none could take me down unless I was pressed hard by 2 or 3 other people just before the daredevil engaged. As a cleric bunker druid, I honestly don’t think you should be dying to daredevil. I just don’t see this happening UNLESS you blew a ton of cooldowns and maybe had less than full hp from a previous fight. Just because of this now I am going to try to find a high level Daredevil to see if he can take me down that quickly or at all.
If anybody wants to experiment let me know It could of been that Ive only ran into mediocre DD but I will try to find someone and report back.

in PvP

Posted by: Unlikely.3627

Unlikely.3627

If you lose to it, must be nerfed!