How is Superior Rune of Vampirism not Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

15% to cause my next attack to life steal = 1k dmg and1k heal each 25s
After using my healing skill i get life steal = 1k dmg and 1k heal each time i use my heal skill
Whenever i get struck bellow 20% i go Mist Form for 3s

Am using it in my zerker Ranger, zerker thief and zerker phantasmesmer and i feel the diference between Vampirism and any other rune miles ahead!

The burst u get from life steal is wonderfull, realy adds up to Fire procs and Air procs from the sigils.

The mist is wonderfull, in my ranger mixed with troll ungent means that i can use my troll ungent at 30% hp, get mist proc on 20% and i get the full heal, back to the fight with 60% hp and full endurance.

On my thief to reset the fight, and on my mesmer, allows me to get distance whille my phantasm finish my wounded target.

It’s the perfect Rune!

And Superior Rune of scavenging is also dam great for condition builds, why is no one using this runes like crazy?

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

woops all your leeches just got wasted by blinds, invulns, blocks, evades, or poison

vampirism is only good on engie cause you can activate any toolbelt skill while in mistform even if it’s on cooldown (lol) and can synergize with leeching sigils as well since it’s on swap and engie is good with those

otherwise pack runes are way better

in PvP

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

I have been seeing way more people running vamp runes, its honestly a really annoying rune but i get why they use it.

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

Ever tried to heal when the rune kicks in? Oops, it interrupted your heal and you just died. This is why no one uses it.

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Ever tried to heal when the rune kicks in? Oops, it interrupted your heal and you just died. This is why no one uses it.

Actually tons of people use it.

in PvP

Posted by: Justin Synth.5604

Justin Synth.5604

Vamp runes are meta for cele engis and panic strike thieves.

Just A Noob Thief [BLNT]

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

They are used, and are quite popular atm. They saves mesmers and thieves from being 1 shot. Mesmers can use shatters while in mist, before they die. Necros can use all 5 DS skills while in mist. Engis can use their toolbelt skills while in mist. If warriors didn’t need their soldier runes, they’d be using them too.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

It’s time to complain about screw up buttons to be honest. Vampirism is a screw-up button in my eyes and the mistform function needs to be nerfed.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

That mist form will screw you as much as it’ll save you. Need to heal because you’re getting low? Ok, good ahead. Then have the mist form pop up, interrupt the heal, and now you have no chance to recast it again once you come of of the mist form, dying to your enemies anyways.

If it didn’t interrupt any currently casting skills, it would actually be much better, though those life steal dealies are sometimes not the best value. Depends on the particular scenario.

And while the mist form can save you in some scenarios, it’s a poor-mans mist form. You can’t use it in an intelligent fashion. You’re basically making yourself into a day 1 ele who just uses mist form when they get low health because they don’t know how else they’re supposed to use it.

In general, a better plan is to not need it in the first place.

There’s also the fact that they were bugged up for the longest time. In fact, they still might be bugged, you can never really tell anymore. One small update, and they could be broken again, I don’t know.

I’ve used them on one necro build for some time (mostly for WvW though), but I don’t know if I’ll be keeping them around.

in PvP

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

It will also break your transformations (lich, plague, etc).

in PvP

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I should also mention it can prevent you from attacking people. So if you have your enemy on like 5%, and you get knicked below the threshold, you’ll go into mist form and can’t kill the guy that’s low. Thus, they have a few extra seconds to heal up, escape, or have their allies come and help.

I mean, would you pop your mist form as an ele as you were going in for the killing blow? That wouldn’t make any sense. But if you’re using these vampirism runes, that can end up being exactly what you do.

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

I chuckle when I see them dying from condition damage they can’t cleanse in Mist Form. But I do get your point, it’s very good most of the time.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Not Meta?

In the ESL-Cups, about 80% of Players use this rune…..

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

woops all your leeches just got wasted by blinds, invulns, blocks, evades, or poison

vampirism is only good on engie cause you can activate any toolbelt skill while in mistform even if it’s on cooldown (lol) and can synergize with leeching sigils as well since it’s on swap and engie is good with those

otherwise pack runes are way better

Running it with Static Discharge Engi and Elixir S is pretty funny cause you can use your 2 damage toolbelt skills then toss down the Elixir S for stealth which means you can reposition or heal.

It can sometimes really screw you if you really need that heal and it interrupts it.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

It’s time to complain about screw up buttons to be honest. Vampirism is a screw-up button in my eyes and the mistform function needs to be nerfed.

If only! I have nothing against screw-up buttons. But with this rune you don’t even need reflexes: it activates for you. If a thief is bad enough to eat an entire GS shatter combo, he should not be allowed to survive, refuge and leave.

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

Those runes are just making the game easier and that’s about it. Its not like they were " omfg so OP, I lost cuz dis guy haz vamp runes"

It just allows you to faceroll instead of actually playing carefully. . Although they can be exploited by using the F skills while in mistform. I don’t think it was intended.

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

dont forget the ultimate synergy with thief stealth trait (below 25%), kittening op is the right word for it? and the almost spammable heal to get everything 100% of this rune.

runes should be bonuses not hard counters.

(edited by Covis.6037)

in PvP

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

OP here, i use this runes with zerker builds and in zerker builds, if you reach 20% you are most likely dead!

20% of a zerker build is ~3k HP and 0 toughness

Thats my Greatsword Ranger Auto Attack Crit…

I should also mention it can prevent you from attacking people. So if you have your enemy on like 5%, and you get knicked below the threshold, you’ll go into mist form and can’t kill the guy that’s low. Thus, they have a few extra seconds to heal up, escape, or have their allies come and help.

I mean, would you pop your mist form as an ele as you were going in for the killing blow? That wouldn’t make any sense. But if you’re using these vampirism runes, that can end up being exactly what you do.

My targets never reach 5%, they are either 50% or above or dead, if you read my post u see i wrote zerker builds.
I play around bursting and avoiding combat.

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land