How is the PvP balance at the moment?

in PvP

Posted by: NightClaw.4758

NightClaw.4758

So, I quit about 2 weeks after HoT launched. I got so frustrated with Druids and Reapers seeming to fulfill every position Warrior used to fill 2x better and the zerker meta seemed to still be alive and kicking. Additionally, I always felt that when I lost a fight to an elite spec it was simply because they were an elite spec and NOT because they were better than me. (GW2 being P2W now is a discussion for another thread, although it’s a discussion that I feel NEEDS to be had at some point)

How is the situation now?

Are elite specs dominating the field?

Does anyone still play the normal specs now?

Is critical damage / chance (zerker) still the only way to play warrior effectively?

How is Warrior’s balance now? Underpowered? Overpowered?

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Situation is still the same.
1) Yes.
2) Rarely, but generally always at a disadvantage.
3) Don’t know.
4) Balanced with base specs, underpowered compared with elite specs.

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Yes.

No.

Is critical damage / chance (zerker) still the only way to play warrior effectively?

Irrelevant (see below).

Worst class of the game.

in PvP

NightClaw.4758

Thanks for the information, I suppose I won’t be coming back to GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Midi.8359

Midi.8359

+1 to the above posts (haha +1, that’s what I do as a thief).

Meta is focused around bunkers atm, which take too long to die and just sit on point all day.

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Come back checking around February, when this first, patethic Season is over.

Maybe they’ll change things for good.

But I’d give my hopes up.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

good job Anet gratz

Attachments:

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Jokes
/15charactersallrunningbunker

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

Much worse than when you left. On top of a horrible meta we got a horribly implemented League division system. The whole community is poison.

in PvP

Posted by: Eliyahu.1467

Eliyahu.1467

Thief and Warrior are in bad spots. A good warrior or thief can contribute to the team, but that contribution is so situational that it’s better just to play one of the other classes. All of the other classes are perfectly competitive in ranked.

The general complaint though is that the meta right now is tanky builds out the kitten and is boring as hell.

Yes. Elite specs are almost universally better than their vanilla counterparts.

Some professions can make it work, but it’s really not optimal.

Nope. The somewhat successful warriors I’ve noticed in PvP have been running tank or condition builds.

Very underpowered. Bottom of the totem poll.

in PvP

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Everything will hopefully be nerfed to the ground by the end of January after the next balance patch and all will be peaceful again.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

If you’re a warrior player

1) Dont play base specs. In fact, you need to alter your outlook on speccing a GW2 character now (it will always be 2 core lines + 1 elite spec from here on out).

2) There are no bunker berserker specs. Zerker, maurauder, valk, and some condi ammy’s can be used on berserker, and some only in low to mid tiers. So long as you’re not going to play in the ESL, you should be fine running berserker (if skilled enough, with right build, with a well balanced team XD )

3) META is JAM PACKED with bunker builds. Only thing Berserker can truly bring right now is Bunker Buster roll (slash roaming, slash +1, slash DPS)

Here’s some recent footage if you care

Match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cYI4W9NLJc

Montage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj0ZvV0x_SA

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Everything will hopefully be nerfed to the ground by the end of January after the next balance patch and all will be peaceful again.

Scorching Earth (LB primal burst) should be nerfed by either increasing the CD from 2.5s to say, 4-5 sec or reducing the burn stacks. Other than this warriors sustain needs MASSIVE buffs and rework of adrenaline and traits.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in PvP

NightClaw.4758

1) Dont play base specs. In fact, you need to alter your outlook on speccing a GW2 character now (it will always be 2 core lines + 1 elite spec from here on out).

2) There are no bunker berserker specs. Zerker, maurauder, valk, and some condi ammy’s can be used on berserker, and some only in low to mid tiers. So long as you’re not going to play in the ESL, you should be fine running berserker (if skilled enough, with right build, with a well balanced team XD )

3) META is JAM PACKED with bunker builds. Only thing Berserker can truly bring right now is Bunker Buster roll (slash roaming, slash +1, slash DPS)

Match

Montage

“Don’t play base specs” And yet, if I remember correctly, I would have to buy HoT in order to play the elite specs. I neither have the money nor the desire to buy HoT, especially if the current state of GW2 PvP is as awful as other people have told me. If base specs are just worse than elite specs and elite specs are behind a pay wall… the game has gone Pay 2 win and I have no desire to ever touch it again.

I appreciate the advice and the information. It saddens me greatly to hear that GW2 is in such a bad spot right now.

in PvP

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

“Don’t play base specs” And yet, if I remember correctly, I would have to buy HoT in order to play the elite specs. I neither have the money nor the desire to buy HoT, especially if the current state of GW2 PvP is as awful as other people have told me. If base specs are just worse than elite specs and elite specs are behind a pay wall… the game has gone Pay 2 win and I have no desire to ever touch it again.

I appreciate the advice and the information. It saddens me greatly to hear that GW2 is in such a bad spot right now.

The thing that bothers me the most is that at a HOT presentation it was said the elite specializations are suppose to be on par with the core ones, that they were suppose to give classes play styles that they did not have before (like melee engineer). But what they did is make every single one op to make ppl want to buy HOT (going as far as nerfing one of thiefs core lines only to later sell it back as the elite spec).

This makes me wonder what will they do when they inevitably release the next expansion and a second set of elite specializations. Will they make them more op than the current ones to make ppl want the next expac?

see no evil ,until i stab you

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Match

Montage

If your issue is that you’re broke, turn off your games and go get a job.

If you had an abundance of money, throwing a few bucks at what could be hundreds, if not thousands of hours of gaming really wouldn’t be a problem. Honestly, first world problems.

If you just want to gripe about pay walls and how Anet has ruffled your feathers, well I suppose that’s a form of entertainment in itself. Have fun playing that game.

As far as things go, I brought HoT for two reasons, and two reasons only.

1) as a Mesmer main, I wanted to try out Chrono. I don’t PvE, I used to WvW exclusively but don’t even do that anymore, so I just wanted the new Mesmer stuff in PvP. That said, Chrono alone wasn’t enough for me to get HoT.

2) Pre HoT I’d decided that if there were some buff to killshot warrior, that I’d get HoT. This was the big seller for me since, while war was simply a kitten y alt for me, I loved playing killshot so much I’d pay for killshot enhancements or alterations alone. I wasnt disappointed, and frankly this alone has made playing HoT worth it

So you know, I can’t say what it is you’re looking for. Maybe GW2 was meant to fulfill something in you and hasn’t, or doesn’t anymore. What I do see is you’ve got a story running about paywalls and not affording to buy an expansion, and therefor have become very unhappy or dissatisfied about the whole thing. Change the story, change your world

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

ANET Oxford English Dictionary goes from Bake to Bald…..
The word balance somehow didnt make it in.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

ANET Oxford English Dictionary goes from Bake to Bald…..
The word balance somehow didnt make it in.

And today’s notable quote of the day goes to…..

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

First 2 pages full of threads about terrible balance…
Makes a thread asking about the balance…

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

NightClaw.4758

Took a look and I didn’t see any, my bad. I suppose I didn’t look hard enough.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

I am sorry if I come off as abrasive. In my car forum, people always jumping on someone for not searching. If this was a genuine question, I do not mean to offend.

Sometimes its just hard to tell if someone is trolling or not.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

NightClaw.4758

If you had an abundance of money, throwing a few bucks at what could be hundreds, if not thousands of hours of gaming really wouldn’t be a problem. Honestly, first world problems.

If you just want to gripe about pay walls and how Anet has ruffled your feathers, well I suppose that’s a form of entertainment in itself. Have fun playing that game.

1) as a Mesmer main, I wanted to try out Chrono. I don’t PvE, I used to WvW exclusively but don’t even do that anymore, so I just wanted the new Mesmer stuff in PvP. That said, Chrono alone wasn’t enough for me to get HoT.

2) Pre HoT I’d decided that if there were some buff to killshot warrior, that I’d get HoT. This was the big seller for me since, while war was simply a kitten y alt for me, I loved playing killshot so much I’d pay for killshot enhancements or alterations alone. I wasnt disappointed, and frankly this alone has made playing HoT worth it

So you know, I can’t say what it is you’re looking for. Maybe GW2 was meant to fulfill something in you and hasn’t, or doesn’t anymore. What I do see is you’ve got a story running about paywalls and not affording to buy an expansion, and therefor have become very unhappy or dissatisfied about the whole thing. Change the story, change your world

“Nor the desire” It had nothing I wanted. Warrior elite spec is meh to me. I never played PvE aside from leveling and making gold. I could buy the expansion, but I don’t want to. I oppose to buying power on a moral level and I would get no content I would actually play or enjoy.

in PvP

NightClaw.4758

I am sorry if I come off as abrasive. In my car forum, people always jumping on someone for not searching. If this was a genuine question, I do not mean to offend.

Sometimes its just hard to tell if someone is trolling or not.

Understandable, have a great day

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

So, I quit about 2 weeks after HoT launched. I got so frustrated with Druids and Reapers seeming to fulfill every position Warrior used to fill 2x better and the zerker meta seemed to still be alive and kicking. Additionally, I always felt that when I lost a fight to an elite spec it was simply because they were an elite spec and NOT because they were better than me. (GW2 being P2W now is a discussion for another thread, although it’s a discussion that I feel NEEDS to be had at some point)

Somebody asking “how’s balance?” on a MMO forum..it’s the equivalent of somebody asking “which one is the only true religion?”….*you’ll never get a straightforward peaceful answer!

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.9517

Michael.9517

hambow is still consider viable, just not great….

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

“Nor the desire” It had nothing I wanted. Warrior elite spec is meh to me. I never played PvE aside from leveling and making gold. I could buy the expansion, but I don’t want to. I oppose to buying power on a moral level and I would get no content I would actually play or enjoy.

You have your answer then. In fact, you had it all along!

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Balance… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNkrF43SZEU

I hope that expresses how I feel about it

But ye, War is not allowed to power anymore (yay for perma evade/block/invuln/protection/stability/resistance/regeneration/blur or…well…whatever else they may have). And barely condi. But its k, if you play Daredevil Thief you can…um…uh… do things?

Just play Celestial Tempest, air/earth/tempest with durability runes dagger/warhorn and just afk…. you’ll be far more productive. Rip war 2k15.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

If you’re a warrior or thief, an absolute disaster.

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Three days ago I started in Ruby. I decided I’d climb it with warrior. I’m up to tier 3 already XD

rofl

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

Three days ago I started in Ruby. I decided I’d climb it with warrior. I’m up to tier 3 already XD

rofl

Oh there are exceptions. :P
I’m almost at ruby myself!

However, its not the rule. Most people struggle with warrior or thief and sometimes stop playing it altogether. That needs to be addressed.

Heart of Thorns is ok, but pvp is an absolute failure.

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

rofl

Oh there are exceptions. :P
I’m almost at ruby myself!

However, its not the rule. Most people struggle with warrior or thief and sometimes stop playing it altogether. That needs to be addressed.

Heart of Thorns is ok, but pvp is an absolute failure.

The ease of running a bunker tempest IS ridiculous XD

It’s funny when you see people talking about afk’ing and playing windowed while watching youtubes, because it’s actually true.

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

Warriors and thieves should downright REVOLT at this nonsense.

in PvP

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I just returned as well and my first thought was to check the forums. It seems you and I are in the same boat. I suppose I won’t be returning either…

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in PvP

Posted by: Pirate.6257

Pirate.6257

Warriors and thieves should downright REVOLT REROLL at this nonsense.

Fixed.