How is this acceptable?

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: Revelstoke.8924

Revelstoke.8924

I realize I am re-hashing a long since beaten horse, but nothing is being done and I can’t wrap my head around why anyone at ANet thinks this is fair.

My stats for this particular tourney attached. Warrior mace/shield + gs spec, 30/10/0/30/0, not glass cannon but not a ‘tank’ either. Earth runes for protection, accuracy/blood sigils. Pretty ‘tanky’ spec overall.

Top Chat Log: 96% of my health was obliterated in the span of 2 seconds in four abilities.

Bot Chat Log: The thief *AUTO ATTACK* lotus and wild strikes hit for 3k each? Additionally, my stun break was on CD so every one of those hits landed in a single basilisk venom.

I don’t have the ss of taking a backstab for 13k unfortunately… So here are my questions

1) ANet, why is this happening? I mean…I don’t think it takes months of QA or a rocket scientist to see how outrageously overpowered that damage is.

2) What’s the point in adding any kind of toughness whatsoever if it doesn’t seem to have an effect on damage mitigation worth a kitten I purposefully focused on raising toughness from the 966 default to the midway point to 2k solely to mitigate these types of ambushes…so what I took away from that is if I didnt have the toughness I had…I’d have been hit…harder?! You’ve got to be kidding me.

So really you’re telling us, the player, that there are 2 classes to play in competitive pvp…glass cannon thief and your-favorite-bunker-here. After all, the only game mode is conquest…and what’s better for taking and holding a node than a bunker. For a game that touts its flexibility you sure have pigeon holed us pretty well.

Im sorry to drag this topic up yet again but this has got to stop, plain and simple.

Oh and the kicker? Here’s the best part. Mid-way through the round that player switched from Engineer to Thief….I won’t even start as to who thought that mid-round class swaps during a tourney was a good idea….

Attachments:

Shrubfelty – 80 Ele
Angus the Black – 80 War
Adrich – 80 Thief

(edited by Revelstoke.8924)

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: barti.7685

barti.7685

yea bunkers and burst. i experienced the same thing you experienced as an even more tanky fighter.. toughness does lill for true burst like that notice that his lightning strike hit also in between. problem is toughness scales poor in comparision to power.. so power always wins.. theres tons of scources for might and hardly any for toughness buffs..

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

Balanced specs are there, and very viable, but since stats get watered down in the middle, it’s all about the playstyle, and most tPvP teams don’t bother with it, since it’s easier just to take burst and bunker.

But to me, it’s not limited to Thief burst, that’s just the one burst style that catches the most people off-guard, and are just silly in 8v8, which shouldn’t even exist IMO.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: MindlessRuff.1948

MindlessRuff.1948

yea bunkers and burst. i experienced the same thing you experienced as an even more tanky fighter.. toughness does lill for true burst like that notice that his lightning strike hit also in between. problem is toughness scales poor in comparision to power.. so power always wins.. theres tons of scources for might and hardly any for toughness buffs..

I know there is protection, and every profession can take runes which will give you a chance on hit to gain it, in addition to professions which can utilize it themselves.

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Revelstoke.8924

@Mindless – Yes, and protection is even more ridiculous. Why is the caster wearing cloth armor with no toughness able to mitigate damage better than a plate wearing heavy class/soldier with a shield and high toughness kitten

I realize im stereotyping here but ‘trinity’ or not…these are basics. And for the record, I am using Earth runes – fat lot of good it would do…

Shrubfelty – 80 Ele
Angus the Black – 80 War
Adrich – 80 Thief

(edited by Revelstoke.8924)

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: barti.7685

barti.7685

I know there is protection, and every profession can take runes which will give you a chance on hit to gain it, in addition to professions which can utilize it themselves.

warriors to my knowledge dont have protection, only true bunker classes have protection. so we first need to roll a 20 sided dice to get a chance to get 5 sec protection on a 30 sec cooldown.

i ll roll with those runes and next time i get ambushed by a thief i will ask him nicely to please wait with his burst untill i hit him enough times for my protection to go off.

i’m sure he will oblige.

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: Eduardo.4675

Eduardo.4675

I dont get the point of the OP… top chat 96% health in 2 secs? with only 4 key presses? i see a lot of key presses in top chat log, and all of them equate to around 20K, which is far from 96% of almost 27k HP, which is what you have…

Adapt or die. I never die.

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Revelstoke.8924

The bottom chat log is what I was referring to, sorry they got flipped. And the 96% health is an exaggeration to prove a point. Its obviously only 20k out of 27k health…instantly…silly me…

Shrubfelty – 80 Ele
Angus the Black – 80 War
Adrich – 80 Thief

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

MindlessRuff.1948

warriors to my knowledge dont have protection, only true bunker classes have protection. so we first need to roll a 20 sided dice to get a chance to get 5 sec protection on a 30 sec cooldown.

i ll roll with those runes and next time i get ambushed by a thief i will ask him nicely to please wait with his burst untill i hit him enough times for my protection to go off.

i’m sure he will oblige.

Why should the most tanky class in the kitten game get an additional 33% reduction in damage on demand? Oh wait warriors already have multiple abilities which give 100% damage reduction, (endure pain utility, endure pain trait, and shield block weapon skill). Cloth wearing classes NEED protection because they have the least armour and health in the game and this boon gives them the boost they need to survive.

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: Raytek.6193

Raytek.6193

You didn’t die in 1 venom combo even without using any stun breakers.

You were hit for 19k including his rune proc and you yourself have around 27k HP. If you’re building a tanky warrior there are so many traits that you can in Defense including Last Stand and Defy Pain. Not to mention Svanir runes which prevent insta-gibs. You can also dodge/shield block, but lets assume every one of your traits and utilities are on cooldown. You still would have lived with 8k hp, I’m not seeing the issue here.

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

It’s not really worth arguing anymore, I’m so tired of the Thief threads… but also, 1400 toughness for the sake of just toughness isn’t anything. If there’s a trait you wanted there, then you get that trait and hey, a little bonus to toughness, but if you’re taking that just for the sake of “getting a little toughness” I don’t think it’s a good strategy.

1v1 burst Thieves should be one of the easiest kills in the game… in a group, I see the problem, they pick off weak players instantly. But 1v1… they should seriously be the flat out easiest kill in the game, because you know exactly what to expect.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

1v1 burst Thieves should be one of the easiest kills in the game… in a group, I see the problem, they pick off weak players instantly. But 1v1… they should seriously be the flat out easiest kill in the game, because you know exactly what to expect.

Seriously , but not everybody want to stay in their base with a Soldier Amulet and their bomb kit, and proclain everything is fine
Group based ,cant Theifs stay in the back and use their Shortbow ?
They have to fight in meele range and die from the aoes ?

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

@ MindlessRuff Yes cloth wearers do need protection to survive, but how much protection do they need? If anything cloth wearers are like the one man army next to guardians when it comes to pvp.

@Raytek 27k hp is easy to burst through on a warrior because they don’t have very much toughness not like toughness matters much for a warrior They may have some defense trait but any genius player can wait for the defense buff to go away to open another burst damage attack again as if nothing happen.

@Aydenunited I’m sorry that you view thieves way when it comes to 1 vs 1, but don’t forget that thieves have good survivability to escape from danger better than a warrior or ranger. The worst part is they come back with full hp opening up with another burst attack.

I think what would make pvp a lot better if they hotfix teleport break stun moves to only work in pve than in pvp because the classes that can do that already have a stealth ability to get away. Having two great escape moves is overpowered in pvp while other classes only have one or zero at that if you want to include the non teleport break stun abilities.

P.S. I don’t know why guardians have teleports, but that’s another story.

Pineapples

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

MindlessRuff.1948

Are you actually telling me that guardians are weak in PvP Brutalisk? Do not forget they also have access to protection, the heaviest armour set, retaliation, as well as countless other defensive skills. A guardian symbol and shouts build with GS and Mace/Shield, is literally the ONLY build I cannot beat 1v1 ( ends up being an endless stalemate ).

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

Are you actually telling me that guardians are weak in PvP Brutalisk? Do not forget they also have access to protection, the heaviest armour set, retaliation, as well as countless other defensive skills. A guardian symbol and shouts build with GS and Mace/Shield, is literally the ONLY build I cannot beat 1v1 ( ends up being an endless stalemate ).

I didn’t think a one man army was considered weak. If anyone wants to play a warrior in pvp then it should be a guardian. No lie..

Pineapples

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Toughness should mitigate more damage. Even @ 3100 armor I’m still getting crit for over 6,000+ by numerous classes using physical attacks.

Siege weapons in WvW don’t even hit me that hard.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

MindlessRuff.1948

I didn’t think a one man army was considered weak. If anyone wants to play a warrior in pvp then it should be a guardian. No lie..

Well in your other post you compared cloth wearers, calling them one man armies ( I assume you mean bunker eles ), to guardians which are just and strong at bunkering. I would agree that no one would take a warrior bunker over a guardian or ele bunker.

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Revelstoke.8924

So if the guardian is the best tank.
And the thief is the best pure melee burst.

What’s a warrior for?

I’ll just stand here next to my banners knowing im the only class in the game that can give you a paltry 70 condition damage in a small AOE circle.

Yippee.

And whoever thinks that cloth wearers need protection should probably actually play PVP first. I don’t even bother trying to take down elementalists anymore. I’ve seen them take on 5+ attackers at a time and walk away scratch-free.

Shrubfelty – 80 Ele
Angus the Black – 80 War
Adrich – 80 Thief

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

Toughness should mitigate more damage. Even @ 3100 armor I’m still getting crit for over 6,000+ by numerous classes using physical attacks.

Siege weapons in WvW don’t even hit me that hard.

It would be great if they designed toughness to work that way in pvp, but I guess that’s the reason why Anet treats toughness as it is in Spvp/ Tpvp so that players can stand a chance against those with heavy armor like engineers, thieves and rangers. Casters and those who spec for conditional specs don’t have to worry about it much because conditional damage can go through toughness.

Well in your other post you compared cloth wearers, calling them one man armies ( I assume you mean bunker eles ), to guardians which are just and strong at bunkering. I would agree that no one would take a warrior bunker over a guardian or ele bunker.

Yeah bunker eles are a big annoyance, but they don’t have stealth or teleport breaks stun moves so I do cut them some slack on survivability. It still does not clarify on how tough they are to kill though.

Pineapples

(edited by Brutalistik.6473)

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

MindlessRuff.1948

What’s a warrior for?

I’ll just stand here next to my banners knowing im the only class in the game that can give you a paltry 70 condition damage in a small AOE circle.

Yippee.

And whoever thinks that cloth wearers need protection should probably actually play PVP first. I don’t even bother trying to take down elementalists anymore. I’ve seen them take on 5+ attackers at a time and walk away scratch-free.

Lol, going to call bullkitten on that last claim, unless the 5 people attacking the elementalist were new to sPvP which make it believable, but since bunker eles had their healing potential reduced in the last patch, it is quite difficult to hold out against 3 or even 2 good players. Oh and they are also 0 threat to you since they deal miniscule amounts of damage.

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Revelstoke.8924

You still would have lived with 8k hp, I’m not seeing the issue here

You must play a thief to ‘not see a problem’ with taking 20 THOUSAND damage in mere seconds with no chance to react from 3 abilities. Or that a face-roll auto-attack ability crits for 3k….twice.

Let me put it another way.

Steal ->5 -> 1 = 20k in 1.5 seconds

Show me another class that can do that and I’ll eat my shoes. “Warrior with hundred blades, man!” Nope. Requires a 40second CD to initate, a 60 second CD to haste, and then you have to be dumb or unlucky enough to stand there and get hit by every swing while it channels. No comparison.

Fix this ez-mode thief BS please before every PVP game winds up like …

Attachments:

Shrubfelty – 80 Ele
Angus the Black – 80 War
Adrich – 80 Thief

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Revelstoke.8924

Oh and they are also 0 threat to you since they deal miniscule amounts of damage.

People always try to use this as a defense for those guard/ele bunker specs but its pure crap.

If the bunker can consistently out-heal the DPS, ANY (and I do mean any…even 1HP) will EVENTUALLY win because the DPS is unable to get ahead of the healing. Plain and simple.

Hooray! I hit for 900, you hit for 50. Too bad you heal for 1000 and I have one 30 sec CD…but don’t worry, ‘youre not a threat’.

The numbers are obviously fabricated but given we’ve all seen then take on 2-3 opps at a time, I dont think its unreasonable to think they can very easily out-heal a single DPS…

…unless of course it’s a thief.

Shrubfelty – 80 Ele
Angus the Black – 80 War
Adrich – 80 Thief

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

MindlessRuff.1948

Oh and they are also 0 threat to you since they deal miniscule amounts of damage.

People always try to use this as a defense for those guard/ele bunker specs but its pure crap.

If the bunker can consistently out-heal the DPS, ANY (and I do mean any…even 1HP) will EVENTUALLY win because the DPS is unable to get ahead of the healing. Plain and simple.

Hooray! I hit for 900, you hit for 50. Too bad you heal for 1000 and I have one 30 sec CD…but don’t worry, ‘youre not a threat’.

The numbers are obviously fabricated but given we’ve all seen then take on 2-3 opps at a time, I dont think its unreasonable to think they can very easily out-heal a single DPS…

If you can’t outheal the dps of a bunker, you probably have a full damage build with kitten survival capabilities, so yes if they manage to mitigate your burst damage and outlast you , yes they can kill you eventually. Why not take a page out of thier book, you do NOT have to go full tank, but take some defensive traits or utilities so you last longer and don’t have to rely on one burst or bust.

(edited by MindlessRuff.1948)

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

I play a toughness/healing Guardian and if people let you get your mace symbols down you can sit there and heal through them almost indefinitely. The only stat you really give up is precision and crit damage because all your gear is stacked with power.

Thiefs are manageable in sPvP, but in WvW you can’t see them because of culling issues.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

If you can’t outheal the dps of a bunker, you probably have a full damage build with kittenurvival capabilities, so yes if they manage to mitigate your burst damage and outlast you , yes they can kill you eventually. Why not take a page out of thier book, you do NOT have to go full tank, but take some defensive traits or utilities so you last longer and don’t have to rely on one burst or bust.

and still end up dead. If anything you’re saying is become a playful cushion pinata for them to beat up on.

Pineapples

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

MindlessRuff.1948

If you can’t outheal the dps of a bunker, you probably have a full damage build with kittenurvival capabilities, so yes if they manage to mitigate your burst damage and outlast you , yes they can kill you eventually. Why not take a page out of thier book, you do NOT have to go full tank, but take some defensive traits or utilities so you last longer and don’t have to rely on one burst or bust.

and still end up dead. If anything you’re saying is become a playful cushion pinata for them to beat up on.

You forgot the part where they literally cannot kill you unless they are either: much more skilled, outplaying you, or your build is not good and you are making too many mistakes to win.

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

You forgot the part where they literally cannot kill you unless they are either: much more skilled, outplaying you, or your build is not good and you are making too many mistakes to win.

I put my bet on unbalance mechanics cause we all know for sure that pvp isn’t balance.

Pineapples

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

30/10/0/30/0…

You know why you’re free food to burst damage? Its because you’re using shouts or some mediocre banner build that can’t really tank any burst. Until they buff tactics tree, don’t even bother using them in sPvP.

TL;DR Shouts don’t make you tank or able to trade hits efficiently. Banners are mediocre.

Because you only really get tankiness to trade hits effectively. Going glass cannon with skills like skull crack or endure pain does the job anyways.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

Endure pain has a long-ish cd … in which case the thief just stealths and come back.

Anyway … any one else noticed the trend of thieves realizing they have to specc into a little survivability and then be able to survive a whole lot more while still being able to apply ridiculous pressure?

Full glass-cannon isn’t even that big an issue … it is just a symptom of how much is possible with the class.

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Revelstoke.8924

@Schwarheit – Good catch, I put that last 30 in the wrong slot. I have no points in tactics (for just the reasons youve stated).

My exact build is:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAR5ejgOxuxQ2OMxBE0jqAMEQzjjQ8AiTBlA;T4AA2Cno2xsjYH7Oudk7sgYYxpiNCvKmYA

Shrubfelty – 80 Ele
Angus the Black – 80 War
Adrich – 80 Thief

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

What’s a warrior for?

Yippee.

Lol, going to call bullkitten on that last claim, unless the 5 people attacking the elementalist were new to sPvP which make it believable, but since bunker eles had their healing potential reduced in the last patch, it is quite difficult to hold out against 3 or even 2 good players. Oh and they are also 0 threat to you since they deal miniscule amounts of damage.

I have destroyed Bunker Ele’s with a Mesmer, not that hard 1v! it usually ends up in a stalemate, then again 1v1 per any bunker build and good player usually ends up in stalemate.

Warriors are the highest Burst class out there. I have seen Burst Glass Canons Obliterate people in a fraction of seconds. I have also seen Glass canon Warriors run at me and one knocked back stops it and they die just as fast.

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

What’s a warrior for?

Yippee.

I have destroyed Bunker Ele’s with a Mesmer, not that hard 1v! it usually ends up in a stalemate, then again 1v1 per any bunker build and good player usually ends up in stalemate.

Warriors are the highest Burst class out there. I have seen Burst Glass Canons Obliterate people in a fraction of seconds. I have also seen Glass canon Warriors run at me and one knocked back stops it and they die just as fast.

The thing about glass cannon warriors is that if experience players already know their routine and moves since they do it over repeatedly with their limited utilities they have which is why warriors die faster than any class in pvp.

Pineapples

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: Elloni.2473

Elloni.2473

Bottom line it isn’t acceptable. Anet has created one of the most lopsided PvP games I’ve ever played and they seem to not take balance very seriously. I’m all for taking adjustments slowly but when the bugs and balance issues are easy to spot and should be fixed asap.

I tried to get three of my friends to join on the free weekend and everyone one said the same thing. “Why would I subject myself to PvP with theifs and mezers so broken?” Also as new players getting dumped on by HB spaz warriors was frustrating as all hell for them.

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Kaimick.5109

What’s a warrior for?

Yippee.

The thing about glass cannon warriors is that if experience players already know their routine and moves since they do it over repeatedly with their limited utilities they have which is why warriors die faster than any class in pvp.

Umm yeah but that is why there is skill involved in it, I can stop a HB Glass canon warrior with easy if I see him coming But that doesn’t always happen it isn’t so much about not fair my GC canon can’t Canon anyone cause I die to fast, as it is your GC needs to pick the time and place. That is the key to GC builds, the fight has to be on your terms if not you will die. I can make a Bunker build think twice about sticking around with a GC Warrior, and give me usually enough time to semi burst them again. It is all about how you approach the fight in turns to doing the fight with GC builds.

With Bunker builds it is not how you do the fight or approach the fight it is how you control the fight.

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Kaimick.5109

Bottom line it isn’t acceptable. Anet has created one of the most lopsided PvP games I’ve ever played and they seem to not take balance very seriously. I’m all for taking adjustments slowly but when the bugs and balance issues are easy to spot and should be fixed asap.

I tried to get three of my friends to join on the free weekend and everyone one said the same thing. “Why would I subject myself to PvP with theifs and mezers so broken?” Also as new players getting dumped on by HB spaz warriors was frustrating as all hell for them.

PvP is more balanced here than in most games I have seen. With that said PvP here in GW is more about knowing your class knowing how things work and understanding things in the game. There are a lot of First time players that get dumped on, I did till I learned how to work with it and turn it against them. Unlike most other games this game requires skill to be good. Not sure why people think that Mesmer’s are broken, for your common Shatter builds you realize how many things have to be done in order to spike ?

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

PvP is more balanced here than in most games I have seen. With that said PvP here in GW is more about knowing your class knowing how things work and understanding things in the game. There are a lot of First time players that get dumped on, I did till I learned how to work with it and turn it against them. Unlike most other games this game requires skill to be good. Not sure why people think that Mesmer’s are broken, for your common Shatter builds you realize how many things have to be done in order to spike ?

I can agree the pvp is a bit balance in this game, but only to a certain extent because their will be those players that know the system on how to make the pvp in this game unbalance whether its based on skills or not.

Pineapples

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Kaimick.5109

I can agree the pvp is a bit balance in this game, but only to a certain extent because their will be those players that know the system on how to make the pvp in this game unbalance whether its based on skills or not.

You mean the point when a player understands how stuff and skills work and how to play to their full capability to maximize the build they choose? Cause that is not unbalancing that is called a learning curve, and admittedly the Learning curve is unforgiving in GW2 as it was in GW.

No Offense but that is like saying
I am really smart, I just don’t take test well, you mean the part where we test you to see what you have learned?

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

You mean the point when a player understands how stuff and skills work and how to play to their full capability to maximize the build they choose? Cause that is not unbalancing that is called a learning curve, and admittedly the Learning curve is unforgiving in GW2 as it was in GW.

I am really smart, I just don’t take test well, you mean the part where we test you to see what you have learned?

You can call it a learning curve if that’s how you view it. I call it cheating the system cause once you learn about it you start to overuse it cause what’s going to stop ya from using it over and over knowing good and well it won’t be touch until someone complains about it.

Remember thief whirlwind when they stole it from a warrior? 100% evade when using it and recently it got nerf which I’m glad it did.

Pineapples

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: Stin.9781

Stin.9781

You can call it a learning curve if that’s how you view it. I call it cheating the system cause once you learn about it you start to overuse it cause what’s going to stop ya from using it over and over knowing good and well it won’t be touch until someone complains about it.

Remember thief whirlwind when they stole it from a warrior? 100% evade when using it and recently it got nerf which I’m glad it did.

It did need a nerf but now about balance.

In gw2 experiance is very important, the better you know all classes the better you can play yours. If you want to be on same level as people with 10x experiance you have, and ask for nerfs, to be on same level instead of learning, you are a scrub.
Thief no longer is even at top of touraments lately. Yet you want to nerf something obviously balanced in top tier level down since it is too powerfull in lower scale of experiance. How is that acceptable to thief players who play in paid touraments, and allready have a hard time.

Former Devils Inside Thief R43

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

In gw2 experiance is very important, the better you know all classes the better you can play yours. If you want to be on same level as people with 10x experiance you have, and ask for nerfs, to be on same level instead of learning, you are a scrub.
Thief no longer is even at top of touraments lately. Yet you want to nerf something obviously balanced in top tier level down since it is too powerfull in lower scale of experiance. How is that acceptable to thief players who play in paid touraments, and allready have a hard time.

To be specific me and Kaimick want something to be nerf. Mine is more towards teleport break stuns while his is towards heart seeker damage.

Pineapples

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Stin.9781

To be specific me and Kaimick want something to be nerf. Mine is more towards teleport break stuns while his is towards heart seeker damage.

Its allready 50 seconds cooldown… not sure what there needs a nerf as a stun breaker on 50 seconds cd is pretty long allready.
Heartseeker does not need damage nerf, it needs leser leap distance instead of 450 maybe 350 or 300. Thats that. But i cant accept nerfs untill they fix forever broken skills like Flanking strike. Btw as thief vs thief HS is allready crap,(personal opinion)

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

You must play a thief to ‘not see a problem’ with taking 20 THOUSAND damage in mere seconds with no chance to react from 3 abilities. Or that a face-roll auto-attack ability crits for 3k….twice.
Let me put it another way.
Steal →5 → 1 = 20k in 1.5 seconds
Show me another class that can do that and I’ll eat my shoes. “Warrior with hundred blades, man!” Nope. Requires a 40second CD to initate, a 60 second CD to haste, and then you have to be dumb or unlucky enough to stand there and get hit by every swing while it channels. No comparison.
Fix this ez-mode thief BS please before every PVP game winds up like …

I’ve been lurking the endless river of tears for a while now, gonna react this once and leave it at that…

I’ve been playin on my sin since day1 using and refining my build revolving around the whole backstab rotation.
Since day1 as in, before it became known.

Since that time, i’ve encountered every type of players.
To sum up :

The most of them, clueless, rushing straight to me, not packing any kind of defensive utility, free food. Sadly yes, this is the majority of the players and this is actually what is sad, the terrible players.

The minority of them, reactive and smart, always react properly to my rotation. And these guys are NEVER “bunkers”. I’ve fought necros, eles, mesmers, engies, and even a few rangers who gave me a hell of a hard time. Some i could beat, some i couldn’t.
But none of them for kitten sake, read this for once and try to think outside the OMGOP box, none of them felt for the standard rotation.
Funny part is, my main weapon is actually my shortbow, D/D pops only when i know i have an opportunity, and the better the player, the thiner it is.
Of course when i see some headless chicken randomly looking for mushrooms i just harvest him. Like anyone. Especially a warrior or an ele.

When i’m saying “minority” that is still a certain number of players considering i do pvp since gw2 was released.
So what ? They survived, you don’t, thieves should get the nerf ? Is there any kind of logic behind this ? Do you ever consider adapting ? Do you realize that it will help you do better against anyone, and not only thieves ?
Also, note that i didn’t include warriors neither guardians in my list.

So let’s put it that way : maybe you guys need to be looked at and buffed OR maybe you shouldn’t go all berserk soon as you see a thief, unload everything you have on me while i lazily evade everything you throw at me and wear you down using my shortbow, and burst you down while you’re still under frenzy.
I am trying not to be patronizing here but every single time i’ve fought warriors, and thats a lot of them (excuse me but i could take some meaningless screenshot too showing 50% warriors or guardians or mesmers too) it’s always the same.

Also, why is it that me, along with the players of various classes i mentionned above, never die to this rotation unless exhausted from previous fights ?
Grab that panick button skill remember it and soon as you get stunned from basilisk venom, press it… And it works against 100b, and eles, and mesmers, and, well, yea, it’s a stun breaker.
But in the case of a thief you evade it, he should die or at the very least run away if you fail to mop the floor with his head.
I’m running with 900 toughness and 14k hp and never died to it unless completely out of options.

Oh and on a side note all of those screenshots, everywhere showing how INSANE backstab is, i’d love to see along with the numbers, how bad you guys were debuffed before you ate the rotation.

Now on a final note and i’m done throwing more water into water, stop comparing rotations when you don’t have a clue of what you’re talking about.

I’m glad you realize there is a CD ont the whole 100b rotation but why do you even use it as an argument against the BS rotation ? Don’t you know steal and assassin’s signet are on a 45s CD, and Haste on a 60s CD… ?
Why would you even defend 100b this way… ?

I really don’t understand what’s going on. I can fight it and i’m on the extreme end of the squishy side, i’ve fought against many players who can stand their ground before it (and actually that made me improve my shortbow skill), so, in my experience, it is fine, what is not fine is how unwilling the player base is to get better.

TL;DR ~what can i say, yea, that’s some sort of a l2p wall of text, sorry about that.

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

Its allready 50 seconds cooldown… not sure what there needs a nerf as a stun breaker on 50 seconds cd is pretty long allready.
Heartseeker does not need damage nerf, it needs leser leap distance instead of 450 maybe 350 or 300. Thats that. But i cant accept nerfs untill they fix forever broken skills like Flanking strike. Btw as thief vs thief HS is allready crap,(personal opinion)

You’re referring to shadow step cooldown, but I’m referring to sword thief since I play one its constant depending how much initiative I have left. It’s probably the same for mesmer but with a lesser cooldown like 6 seconds.

Pineapples

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Stin.9781

You’re referring to shadow step cooldown, but I’m referring to sword thief since I play one its constant depending how much initiative I have left. It’s probably the same for mesmer but with a lesser cooldown like 6 seconds.

I play one myself. And yes, it is insanely good utility, and…. only skill worth spending innitiative for if you dont need CnD to get stealth and if you need to engage someone or setting it up before fight as stunbreaker in skill slot. Yet i start with with 3 less innitiative=25% less maximum Whats the problem in it ?

(edited by Stin.9781)

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

@muscarine
The key sentence, that you yourself wrote is this:
“Also, why is it that me, along with the players of various classes i mentionned above, never die to this rotation unless exhausted from previous fights ?”

You, as thief, can cause that situation yourself or you can ever so often jump the ones, that happen to be in that situation. That is (imo) the problem in a nutshell. Stealth and/or resetting the match enables you to provoke a cd … and then you can just return when the cd is down.

As you speak of clueless people facing thieves, I can tell you right away, that clueless thieves cause me no problems … even with my cd’s down. The better ones do know how the ropes work however.

As a necro or ele I easily dip down to 50% hp while fighting in a group vs another group. You do realize what that means in the presence of a thief right? Why should another player only be able to briefly dip me down a bit if I play well, but if a thief comes along, he can blow out my candle before you can say “alakazam”? Seems weird, isn’t it?

(edited by Poxxia.1547)

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: Jonny.9370

Jonny.9370

Not trying to sound douchy or anything but uh… you had 0 points into Defense, the toughness tree.. I’m not tourney material, but just saying, my hammer warrior has 1960 toughness, 3k armor and my gear isn’t even set up with toughness/vit sigils. I never get hit for more than 10k and thats probably only against a crit with multiple might boons backing it. Final tier of Defense also gives you 5 secs of retal when receiving a crit every 15 seconds.

All I’m trying to say is that you could still do much more to reduce incoming damage. Currently my novice eyes see you as a glass cannon with no cannon.

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Kaimick.5109

Wooo I never said I wanted Heatseeker’s damage to be nerfed I said that a Kitten Thieve player shouldn’t be able to spam one skill ( like heartseeker ) and come out with just as much damage as someone using a string of 6 or 7 skills. My exact statement was put a cool down on it. Please I respect you as a poster but if your going to quote me do it right.

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: Coffee.6394

Coffee.6394

TL;DR:

the people in charge of pvp at the office dropped the ball, and continue to do so. pvp sucks in gw2, having the opposite of what the game mechanics are advertised as.

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

I realize I am re-hashing a long since beaten horse, but nothing is being done and I can’t wrap my head around why anyone at ANet thinks this is fair.

My stats for this particular tourney attached. Warrior mace/shield + gs spec, 30/10/0/30/0, not glass cannon but not a ‘tank’ either. Earth runes for protection, accuracy/blood sigils. Pretty ‘tanky’ spec overall.

Top Chat Log: 96% of my health was obliterated in the span of 2 seconds in four abilities.

Bot Chat Log: The thiekittenAUTO ATTACK*** lotus and wild strikes hit for 3k each? Additionally, my stun break was on CD so every one of those hits landed in a single basilisk venom.

I don’t have the ss of taking a backstab for 13k unfortunately… So here are my questions

1) ANet, why is this happening? I mean…I don’t think it takes months of QA or a rocket scientist to see how outrageously overpowered that damage is.

2) What’s the point in adding any kind of toughness whatsoever if it doesn’t seem to have an effect on damage mitigation worth a kitten I purposefully focused on raising toughness from the 966 default to the midway point to 2k solely to mitigate these types of ambushes…so what I took away from that is if I didnt have the toughness I had…I’d have been hit…harder?! You’ve got to be kidding me.

So really you’re telling us, the player, that there are 2 classes to play in competitive pvp…glass cannon thief and your-favorite-bunker-here. After all, the only game mode is conquest…and what’s better for taking and holding a node than a bunker. For a game that touts its flexibility you sure have pigeon holed us pretty well.

Im sorry to drag this topic up yet again but this has got to stop, plain and simple.

Oh and the kicker? Here’s the best part. Mid-way through the round that player switched from Engineer to Thief….I won’t even start as to who thought that mid-round class swaps during a tourney was a good idea….

There is no balance. It’s bunkers and burst and only a handful of professions need apply. Structured PvP is where balance is put to the test. The results of that test have been consistent since players figured out what works about a week after launch. It shows the failure of the design and they have not made this a priority.

Most of my hatred (yes, hatred ArenaNet) towards the company behind this game is around sPvP. It has so much potential. When you do manage to get two fairly matched teams in a hot-join scenario where no none of the unfairly balanced meta builds are being utilized you see what they had on their hands. Simply the best sPvP experience to be had. But the balance isn’t there and a lot of the core things sPvP needs have not materialized fast enough.

You will rarely have an enjoyable game in sPvP or tPvP.

So yes, I’m very disappointed in the company and I hate them honestly. I hate them because of the unfinished mess the game shipped in. Their lack of support for casual players (sorry, some recreational hardcore types want something more the just hot-join madness, which I would argue really has no structure at all making it’s name a misnomer).

Why do I stick around? I can’t explain. Hope I guess. It’s a difficult transition for me accepting the amazing product it appeared was coming in late beta and three months post release accepting the garbage the game actually is… It’s very difficult.

How is this acceptable?

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

Wooo I never said I wanted Heatseeker’s damage to be nerfed I said that a Kitten Thieve player shouldn’t be able to spam one skill ( like heartseeker ) and come out with just as much damage as someone using a string of 6 or 7 skills. My exact statement was put a cool down on it. Please I respect you as a poster but if your going to quote me do it right.

Sorry I thought it was about damage because it does too much damage that you wanted it to be on a cool down. However that won’t likely happen because thieves mechanics doesn’t work that way. It’s all about initiative and the max HS spam you can do is about 3 times at the start if the thief doesn’t do any other move. The only thing that makes HS very deadly is haste and if your hp is low. I think the only way they can fix that problem is rescale toughness where you absorb the damage, but then bunkers specs will be impossible to kill.

My only thing about this game when it comes to pvp is about survivability like classes that has teleport break stuns combine with stealth and ability moves that makes you evade attacks by 100% a.k.a mesmers sword ability. If teleport break stun was hotfix to being only available in pve then I can careless about the rest.

Pineapples