How many classes do you play?

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

And if it’s only one, how did you decide on that class?

I have the hardest time picking/sticking to a class or build.

I dunno how people can play only one class and one build all the time like many high ranked players do :/ I can’t remember the last time I played the same build for more than 10 games in a row.

I play thief/necromancer but I’m always switching up my build and whenever I get bored I play mesmer or guardian or ranger (and my MMR gets absolutely wrecked)

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Some people just love that one profession and only play it.

Some people have multiple accounts and you never know they were dabbling in other professions. They can play their best profession when they go serious mode or in tournaments and then switch to other profession/accounts to fiddle around.

You just haven’t found that right build that fits your playstyle yet. Once you find it then it can easily last 10+ games =]

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I play engineer probably 95% of the time but I always change builds every 30-40 games. If you play too much of one build you start to slip into “routine”, and that loses you fights because you’re not actually thinking about what you’re doing.
I have a certain build that I’m pretty sure is “the best” that I keep coming back to, tweaking, etc, but it’s always good to switch it up a little.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

You just haven’t found that right build that fits your playstyle yet. Once you find it then it can easily last 10+ games =]

What he said.

I play 3 or 4 professions but I’m on my ele most of the time. The others are just there to faceroll-revenge when I get too frustrated getting beat on my ele.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

I’m currently playing d/p thief the most after playing shatter mesmer for most of october. Before that i played alot of engineer till before the condition disaster meta. Before that I played alot of d/d ele till it was nerfed to oblivion.
So I have a close game distribution between ele/thief/engineer, mesmer a close 2nd and haven’t really played much of the other 4 classes, although I’m thinking about starting to play dps guardian because I have no idea how it works and I’m getting my kitten handed to me by good guardians. Playing so many classes kinda stops your leader board progression, but I prefer fun over kitten :d

It’s the best thing about gw2 and the main reason why i think this game has the potential to come from this completely stale state of pvp, how you can play whatever you want at any time.

in PvP

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I play only engi. Actualy I have also 4 engi alts (created in past for story completition, SP and gift farm) because its simply most fun class:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I have over 5000 games on ranger. But being the “jack of all trades” I do change builds around A LOT because the class allows me to do that. But ya, still play everything else on the side. Except warrior, guardian, ele, engi, thief, mesmer, and necro.

(edited by Eurantien.4632)

in PvP

Posted by: SuperHaze.4210

SuperHaze.4210

I play necro mostly but as a DS power necro. I don’t like the condi spamming so I choose not to play it even tho it’s the more effective build atm. I also play a power rifle hgh engi. I try to stay away from the fotm builds and classes because I don’t like getting whispers from players saying I’m using a fotm build/class. I also played warrior in between the frenzy nerf and stopped after hambow and skullcracker became popular.

in PvP

Posted by: Zeon.8239

Zeon.8239

Started with Elementalist. S/D Zerker Fresh Air Burst. Picked up D/P Zerker 10/30/0/0/30 Thief on the side about two months later. Played it until I felt I learned it pretty well, but went back to primary Elementalist.

Now I’m learning Dagger/Warhorn Zerker Death Shroud Necro. Will probably go back to Ele when I’m done learning this.

#ELEtism

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Here’s some delicious pie, pie chart that is. Guard is my main, always has and always will be. I tried every class at least once with the exception of thief. I just don’t like the play style at all.

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Thief (Unload troll in hotjoin, not going tpvp atm, left it cause i didn’t want to play fotm s/d kitten) Mez and Guardian…tried ranger but deleted it…feels too dumb and not even fun to play, already have boring bunker guardian so no thanks…starting engi or ele soon (Just gave them a try but nothing serious, big fun with them but waiting for dec patch to chose one)

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Here’s some delicious pie, pie chart that is. Guard is my main, always has and always will be. I tried every class at least once with the exception of thief. I just don’t like the play style at all.

Drop dat save yourselves and go for purging flames + low cons cd trait already…give it a try man, with save youselves necros with corrupt boon will kitten you up in no time

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Aside from short breaks with other classes, I’ve been running d/d ele since I started playing. Small build changes here and there, but essentially the same. It’s just the only thing in this game that holds my interest. There are fun aspects to other classes, but coming from a MMO that actually had challenging mechanics, playing anything else turns into a snooze fest pretty fast.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Drop dat save yourselves and go for purging flames + low cons cd trait already…give it a try man, with save youselves necros with corrupt boon will kitten you up in no time

I’ve never been a fan of Consecrations. I don’t like being constricted to a certain area, and I don’t play bunker too often that’s why I say this. PoV + soldier runes are still good, and it’s also a stun breaker. Yeah SYS isn’t as good as the PvE/WvW version, but it’s still worth it if you run a shout build. Also Purging Flames isn’t that helpful if you don’t go up against a heavy condition players. On the other hand SYS is helpful in any situation.

Just my opinion some people love Consecrations.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Archaon.6245

I’ve never been a fan of Consecrations. I don’t like being constricted to a certain area, and I don’t play bunker too often that’s why I say this. PoV + soldier runes are still good, and it’s also a stun breaker. Yeah SYS isn’t has good as the PvE/WvW version, but it’s still worth it if you run a shout build. Also Purging Flames isn’t that helpful if you don’t go up against a heavy condition players. On the other hand SYS is helpful in any situation.

Just my opinion some people love Consecrations.

Well keep in mind we’re into condition spam meta atm….and there’s almost always a necro spamming on the bunker guardian at midfight, sys it’s just like a big KILL ME sign over your head if he runs cb (And if he runs epidemic too is going to be a disaster)…still going shout but found out pf to be much better than just another shout possibly turning into a kittenload of conditions for you (And maybe your mates too) and on a long cd

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Trying to play everything. Enough to get a decent impression of a professions strenghts and weaknesses. And ive always been a decent multiclasser (read no life).

in PvP

Posted by: Soyboy.3548

Soyboy.3548

I just play 1. Mesmer. The other professions don’t interest me. I know what I like, and it’s habit. It’s a unique class in MMOs that other games didn’t have, and I always play some sort of mage caster that specializes in control over nuke damage…even if I play the nuke damage class “bad” because I specialize in their control abilities.

I’m sure it’s no different than being single and polygamous versus married and monogamous.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I’ve played all 8 professions at least a little but you’ll rarely find me on anything besides an engineer build. I like theorycrafting, and engineers are the most theorycraftable. Plus, they’re the most fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Vile.5678

Vile.5678

As someone who really, really, really likes experimenting with builds and other classes. All of them of course. Seriously, I’ve probably tried nearly ever build type (condition, burst, bunker, power, minions, etc.) for each class at least once. With the exception of Necro, on account I find it so dull to play. But even then I know what’s happening when I play against them and how to counter them.

Though I must say…

I can’t stand people who attempt to talk about balance when they only play one class or build. Most of the time it’s ignorance and unwillingness to learn, which frustrates me to no end.

But that’s just like, my opinion man.

Warrior – Whrawl
Thief – Radderic
Mesmer – Smash Kablooey

in PvP

Posted by: Kugron.5128

Kugron.5128

3966 games played…100% of them as warrior

I only play one class.