How much is enough? - Enough is Enough

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Enough is Enough – SPvP’s neglection will be your downfall

Hello,

With the introduction of the most recent update, the Bazaar of the Four Winds, some things became very clear:

• PvErs are being favoured over PvPers
  • ArenaNet is forcing PvPers to PvE in order to get rewards for PvP
    (This last topic was obvious for a long time)

They assured us PvP rewards would be one of their top focus. With PvP rewards being introduced into Achievement Chests what does this mean for their goal?

PvErs have an easy access into the Achievement Score, so they will have an easier way into those PvP rewards and Zenith Weapons (which they can choose to use in PvE or PvP as they please).

Meanwhile, the majority of PvP-dedicated players dont get such an easy access to Achievements points, since Achievements in PvP is a painfully-long and dry road, absent of proper rewards.

An example of how imbalanced things are currently:.
In order to get my dragon wings in PvP I was forced into grinding PvE, just so I could use them in PvP, that is mockery and downright insulting.

Now on to a silly comparison since Bazaar of the Four Winds patch:

• PvErs can walk in to the Mists and they have access to the same stats (just for the sake of the comparison, I agree stats in PvP should be equal) and new shiny armor from PvE content, while PvPers need to grind for months to get the dungeon-PvE equivalent armor in PvP (PvErs can just grind it in a week or days, example, Citadel of Flame armor).
  • PvPers walk into PvE and they have no stats whatsoever, no armor whatsoever, not even some shiny armor-skin from PvP events, usable in PvE, because there is none.

See where Im getting at? There is NO equality between PvE and PvP.
They are not separated enough to be fair for both of them!

Where are our rewards?

In Guild Wars 1 we had this amazing continous global tournament, the Heroes Ascent. If you won you would get some good-looking PvP gear, a chance to get a unique minipet to that chest and your team’s name would be broadcasted throughout the server chat. How awesome was that?
And we aren’t even going to talk about the different game modes HA had, because thats another story for another time. There are more pressing matters exisiting for far too long!

First of all, I wanted to get this out of my chest and get your feedback on this. Devs reading this through, answers are needed to slow down the tides of frustated PvPers. Believe me when I say this topic it’s not the vocal minority.

• This is NOT good for the game as a whole, if a SPvPer was interviewed for a very important publication and asked his opinion about the game, would you be calm or anxious ArenaNet? If I were working in there I would be running to shut the guy up!

Things need to change.

Im hoping this to be a wake-up call for ArenaNet.
We can make this game work, but only with your help.

Thank you for your attention

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

in PvP

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

ANet’s order of updates. PvE > sPvP > WvW.. at least you guys get new maps, on the WvW side we’ve been stuck with the same ones for 10 months.

I’ve started to enjoy sPvP, I hope they restructure the reward/glory system. I really do.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in PvP

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

The funny thing is, I hear players complain about how they’re neglecting PVE content for PVP all the time.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

The funny thing is, I hear players complain about how they’re neglecting PVE content for PVP all the time.

Tis true haha. I wish you got more achievement points from PvP. Nope, just rank points that take forever to get =_=;

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Anet wanted GW2 to be a MMORPG and MMORPGs are heavily PvE when compared to PvP. MMORPG’s target market isn’t PvP, it doesn’t matter if they claim they have the best pvp either.

Look at LoL, starcraft that’s not a MMORPG but that’s a game with heavy pvp’ers when you compare it to MMORPGs like GW2, WoW, EQ those games are heavily dependant on PvE style. Even GW2 wasn’t a MMORPG but it had more PvE’ers than PvP because it was close to an MMORPG, just like Diablo2, both games had good pvp but the pve dominated the pvp.

in PvP

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Hum, do those players by any chance look like these?
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/14700000/Monkeys-monkeys-14750646-1600-1200.jpg

in PvP

Posted by: konvay.2157

konvay.2157

Hi, primarily PvE player here… didn’t they also take away your way to get Gems from tournaments? I can’t get enough of the PvE content that they release, but one of the reasons I don’t sPvP anymore is because there’s nothing for me, heh. I like sPvP from time to time, I even made it to rank 28 and slowly want to make my way up so I can /rank with cooler drops, but I completely agree, they just aren’t releasing sPvP at the same rate. New maps seem to be the easiest for them, but I think there’s enough of them now and they do need to focus on something else. They’re past their target release maps, which is great considering the game launched with half of their target, lol.

Devil’s Advocate time: sPvP requires careful balance, they can’t just throw new content out for the masses or they’re more likely to get whiplash from the issues in it. They’re trying to stick to the game mode that takes more teamwork, but I think they said they’re working on new ones.

in PvP

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

at least you guys get new maps

We didn’t want this skyhammer. This dammed “funny” map which was added to tournaments roster.

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

in PvP

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

In Guild Wars 1 we had this amazing continous global tournament, the Heroes Ascent. If you won you would get some good-looking PvP gear, a chance to get a unique minipet to that chest and your team’s name would be broadcasted throughout the server chat. How awesome was that?

I don’t understand how this is relevant to your argument at all. None of these rewards helped a PvP player become a PvE player, nor are they anything beyond cosmetic rewards that required a lot of dedication to get, kind of like what we’ve got now.

But yeah, something to bridge the gap would be nice. The two modes shouldn’t be equivalent and overlap due to the nature of the game, but a long-time PvP player should have an opportunity to move forward.

Maybe make the new Tomes of Knowledge (gain a level on use) a rare drop or buyable with like 10k glory? That way a PvP player can skip some of the leveling with enough PvP, but not all of it.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

We didn’t want this skyhammer. This dammed “funny” map which was added to tournaments roster.

You didn’t want this map. Skyhammer is important for casual players and for those who want to relax with something less serious every once and then. Being in the tournament might seem silly, but it’s a good way to test it and to get feedback. Of course, there are more important issues, like new game modes, but I wouldn’t say Skyhammer is useless.

in PvP

CutePicsHunter.7430

Saying “casual” and “pvp” in one post.
You’re doing it wrong.

HoT is just a cash grab.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Saying “casual” and “pvp” in one post.
You’re doing it wrong.

A-Net doing it wrong too.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: cippalippa.6483

cippalippa.6483

Hello,

With the introduction of the most recent update, the Bazaar of the Four Winds, some things became very clear:

They assured us PvP rewards would be one of their top focus. With PvP rewards being introduced into Achievement Chests what does this mean for their goal?

PvErs have an easy access into the Achievement Score, so they will have an easier way into those PvP rewards and Zenith Weapons (which they can choose to use in PvE or PvP as they please).

Meanwhile, the majority of PvP-dedicated players dont get such an easy access to Achievements points, since Achievements in PvP is a painfully-long and dry road, absent of proper rewards.

In order to get my dragon wings in PvP I was forced into grinding PvE, just so I could use them in PvP, that is mockery and downright insulting.

• PvErs can walk in to the Mists and they have access to the same stats (just for the sake of the comparison, I agree stats in PvP should be equal) and new shiny armor from PvE content, while PvPers need to grind for months to get the dungeon-PvE equivalent armor in PvP (PvErs can just grind it in a week or days, example, Citadel of Flame armor).
  • PvPers walk into PvE and they have no stats whatsoever, no armor whatsoever, not even some shiny armor-skin from PvP events, usable in PvE, because there is none.

Where are our rewards?

And we aren’t even going to talk about the different game modes HA had, because thats another story for another time. There are more pressing matters exisiting for far too long!

First of all, I wanted to get this out of my chest and get your feedback on this. Devs reading this through, answers are needed to slow down the tides of frustated PvPers. Believe me when I say this topic it’s not the vocal minority.

• This is NOT good for the game as a whole, if a SPvPer was interviewed for a very important publication and asked his opinion about the game, would you be calm or anxious ArenaNet? If I were working in there I would be running to shut the guy up!

Things need to change.

completely agree on everything … congratulations

in PvP

Feed Me Change.6528

My point was that WvW has had the same 2 maps (BL/EB) since beta/release. All of the Borderlands are carbon copies, at least different maps allow for tactic/build changes whereas the WvW remain the same layout. We’ve asked for new maps but yet to get them.

No rotation, no changes, zip nada

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

My point was that WvW has had the same 2 maps (BL/EB) since beta/release. All of the Borderlands are carbon copies, at least different maps allow for tactic/build changes whereas the WvW remain the same layout. We’ve asked for new maps but yet to get them.

He don’t understand we got 4 new maps since beta, temple, raid of Capricorn, spirit watch and skyhammer. While WvW got same 2 lame maps.

Some peeps just don’t like skyhammer because all they are is brute force, they have no smarts and get outsmarted/outplayed too much on skyhammer, they so use to just get in your face and throw punches they not use to tricks, smarts, wits and being outplayed.

in PvP

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

PVPers are not being ignored. Skyhammer is a very fun map. Yes I agree WvW is being ignored. No new maps there.

in PvP

Feed Me Change.6528

PVPers are not being ignored. Skyhammer is a very fun map. Yes I agree WvW is being ignored. No new maps there.

I’ve heard they are in the works, but of course that’s half rumors and other half wishful thinkin’… I’ve only played skyhammer 3-4 times and each time I’ve camped Point B because it seems to be where all the action is, not to mention I love fearing people off the cliff.

in PvP

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Hi, primarily PvE player here… didn’t they also take away your way to get Gems from tournaments? I can’t get enough of the PvE content that they release, but one of the reasons I don’t sPvP anymore is because there’s nothing for me, heh. I like sPvP from time to time, I even made it to rank 28 and slowly want to make my way up so I can /rank with cooler drops, but I completely agree, they just aren’t releasing sPvP at the same rate. New maps seem to be the easiest for them, but I think there’s enough of them now and they do need to focus on something else. They’re past their target release maps, which is great considering the game launched with half of their target, lol.

Devil’s Advocate time: sPvP requires careful balance, they can’t just throw new content out for the masses or they’re more likely to get whiplash from the issues in it. They’re trying to stick to the game mode that takes more teamwork, but I think they said they’re working on new ones.

New maps aren’t determining factors for the sucess of PvP. This is not PvE where people will cry if they dont get a new zone every 1-2 monthes or so.

We need a proper infrastructure with proper rewards, with proper distinction between PvErs and PvPers, we need unique rewards to PvP, we need separation of Premades vs SoloQueuers, we need a more detailed deathlog, we need more game types (Look up Heroes Ascent, GW1), we need more players in PvP.

Notice how the last need doesnt compute because the lack of implementation of all the other previous needs. They cant even release a PvP-only edition for a cheaper price because the state of PvP is so kittening fragile it would be marketing suicide for the rest of the game!

Adding more labyrinths for the mice to get lost in for a couple more time doesn’t make the problem go away. In fact, when the mice is done with the prolonged labyrinth will be even more kitten ed off.

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

I agree with OP, actually had a similar topic made in January only with total comparison between PvE and PvP content additions (how many new maps, new modes, new items did the mob grinding community got and how many things did we get). Too bad it got deleted shortly after : I

P.S. Adding a new crappy map every 2-4 months imho is not considered a well thought out PvP development strategy…

in PvP

CutePicsHunter.7430

Some peeps just don’t like skyhammer because all they are is brute force, they have no smarts and get outsmarted/outplayed too much on skyhammer, they so use to just get in your face and throw punches they not use to tricks, smarts, wits and being outplayed.

What do we have here? One more newbie complaining about how skill based this map is. As i said in another thread, on skyhammer you should use tons of stability and/or tons of knockbacks. If you do not have any of these things, then 1 mistake – and you’re dead, while people with stability or knockbacks can do much more than 1 mistake, be putted down to 1% hp and still kill you in one shot even if you have 100% hp. Knockback spam ftw.

HoT is just a cash grab.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Most of the balance changes that have happened have been spvp focused. Meanwhile in PvE it’s “Bring a warrior or guardian or gtfo our speed run”.

in PvP

Posted by: Drstranglelove.4391

Drstranglelove.4391

I seem to remember Anet talking about wanting to bring pvers to pvp

So what is the gameplan?

TO DO THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE DUH!!!!

Why would we ever want to bring our money makers into PVP when we could bring our non money makers into PVE

The fact is they Dont want pvers to pvp and anyone in Anet saying otherwise is either
A.) lying to you or
B.) doesnt have the power to do so

The bigger pvp gets the less money they get in thier pockets
they want to keep pvp as casual as possible so ppl will stick with pve

anyways i hope ppl see the reality here before they ban this post for telling the truth

(edited by Drstranglelove.4391)

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

And from what they said at release that isn’t going to change. Unless in an expansion.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

Is that PVE skin going to help you win s/tPVP matches? No.

Is a PVE player who has the skin going to take your spot on the leaderboards or crush you in a tournament? Not unless they are better at PVP than you.

Do you have more options in sPVP skins than a PVE player who just hopped into the mists? Yes, since most skins are rank-locked or require tokens/PVP crafting components which you can only get from PVPing.

So, the question is: Are PVE players being favored? No. They worked for their skins and you worked for yours. They can’t look like you do in the mists and you can’t look like they do in PVE.

Plus, Anet has already said that they are working on the sPVP reward system. Just because it didn’t happen this patch doesn’t mean you won’t get special sPVP skins that are rank-locked like the PVE skins are achievement-locked, meaning that they will only be accessible to folks who sPVP.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Is that PVE skin going to help you win s/tPVP matches? No.

Is a PVE player who has the skin going to take your spot on the leaderboards or crush you in a tournament? Not unless they are better at PVP than you.

Do you have more options in sPVP skins than a PVE player who just hopped into the mists? Yes, since most skins are rank-locked or require tokens/PVP crafting components which you can only get from PVPing.

So, the question is: Are PVE players being favored? No. They worked for their skins and you worked for yours. They can’t look like you do in the mists and you can’t look like they do in PVE.

Plus, Anet has already said that they are working on the sPVP reward system. Just because it didn’t happen this patch doesn’t mean you won’t get special sPVP skins that are rank-locked like the PVE skins are achievement-locked, meaning that they will only be accessible to folks who sPVP.

Except the amount of work to unlock skins between PvE and sPvP is completely disparate. I can get a full TA set in 4 days. I will not even get close to leveling one toon to rank 60+ in the same time frame.

Assume you gotta spend 2 weeks (stupidly generous, considering you can level a toon to 80 in a week or less with wvw nightcapping) to lv to 80 before doing TA for your set. Even at 1 month spent to get TA armor it’s still a lot less than the people it took to get rank 60.

And if you’re a sylvari toon, guess what, you’re stuck with crap armors that don’t match your race because both TA and cultural are ridiculous rank requirements.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

I’ve heard they are in the works, but of course that’s half rumors and other half wishful thinkin’… I’ve only played skyhammer 3-4 times and each time I’ve camped Point B because it seems to be where all the action is, not to mention I love fearing people off the cliff.

If you remember, before launch, Habib and the other original WvW dev explained that it had taken them, during development time (meaning they had full time available on testing and building the two maps), close to half a year for just a single map to be made, tested, and carefully “siege checked”. From that, WvW got two maps that were/are some of the best maps designed in this game (and many others given the kittenstain excuses for maps WAR provided).

Post development, how long do you think it would take to generate an equally sized, carefully tested map as EBG? Which is probably about 20x the size of a single PvP map which takes at least a couple of months of development and testing. And, if our .dat mining friends are at all smelling the bacon, something is very much being worked on and its EBG large. Now, the question is… do you want a kittenty map like what WAR spit out and effectively killed itself with terrible design or a well balanced map?

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: Nilvio.7941

Nilvio.7941

Anyone here remembers when ArenaNet promised us exclusive skins from SPvP? That are unobtainable from PvE? 10 months and we are still waiting for those

English is not my native language :)
RETIRED MESMER YO!

in PvP

Feed Me Change.6528

If you remember, before launch, Habib and the other original WvW dev explained that it had taken them, during development time (meaning they had full time available on testing and building the two maps), close to half a year for just a single map to be made, tested, and carefully “siege checked”. From that, WvW got two maps that were/are some of the best maps designed in this game (and many others given the kittenstain excuses for maps WAR provided).

Post development, how long do you think it would take to generate an equally sized, carefully tested map as EBG? Which is probably about 20x the size of a single PvP map which takes at least a couple of months of development and testing. And, if our .dat mining friends are at all smelling the bacon, something is very much being worked on and its EBG large. Now, the question is… do you want a kittenty map like what WAR spit out and effectively killed itself with terrible design or a well balanced map?

I do apologize, I got into GW2 during the last couple stress tests and missed all of the Beta Weekends and didn’t really follow the game beforehand. I’m not a game developer but I do work in System and Application Testing for a large IT firm, so I know a little bit about how this stuff is tested. I give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to creating maps but they have the foundation already laid out and simple changes would go really far with the WvW community (just to show us they are listening) and help create better dynamics.

I’m not sure what you mean by “WAR spit out”… I don’t have the insane background some of you have with other MMOs/games. I played Runescape for 11 years before moving to GW2.

The maps aren’t currently “well-balance” in any aspect for WvW but we make them work as we best we can.

Sorry for making this into a WvW discussion. I really like the sPvP forums, much better discussion here.

in PvP

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Long short story (and only about this topic, WvW PvE Spvp all same issue): the base isn’t bad, the potential is great, the devs are doing all wrong.

/sadtruth

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in PvP

Feed Me Change.6528

Long short story (and only about this topic, WvW PvE Spvp all same issue): the base isn’t bad, the potential is great, the devs are doing all wrong.

/sadtruth

And all the PvE’ers get new content every 2 weeks and complain more than we do..

Gonna go cry in a corner now

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

If they’re doing what they’re supposed to, then there isn’t really supposed to be rapid pvp content.
GW2 PvE as a b2p game with a cash-shop is showing its content output generally beats that of any subscription game.
PvP obviously has issues but well if it was done better it wouldn’t need frequent content updates. The Dev output schedule kind of reflects this even though I’d say they are behind where they should be.

Hero’s Ascent caused plenty of grief. Most people didn’t pay attention to the shoutout just cared if they got favor so they could farm Underworld. Basically any issue you had with Free tournaments in gw2 was there in HA, but the chest at the end was certainly better.
They should be looking back to the Balthazar faction model and translating that to glory. It was basically made so PvP players wouldn’t have to PvE but could still unlock what they wanted and simultaneously gave progression. Simultaneously hybrid players unlocked a lot of what they wanted in pve, but could get the last of what they need with the glory they accumulated. That progression could later be mostly ignored if you just wanted to pvp by getting some unlock packs to shoot past the process. Throw in the addition of Zaishen keys and it worked well.

Its funny but all 3 modes have vocal players saying they feel neglected.
WvW is treated better than Alliance battles ever was, except for not accumulating glory. PvE skill balance tbh doesn’t even matter. If all warrior teams were so effective in Underworld in GW1, they’d introduce a new monster that would weaken the warriors effect. Like when they brought in Skeleton of Dhuum to hit farmers. You can fix PvE mobs and implement different WvW skills/sieges, the balance hesitation based on PvE doesn’t seem right tbh.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

I’m not sure what you mean by “WAR spit out”… I don’t have the insane background some of you have with other MMOs/games. I played Runescape for 11 years before moving to GW2.

The maps aren’t currently “well-balance” in any aspect for WvW but we make them work as we best we can.

WAR was the last RvR game we got (it was made by the same dude who’s now taking people’s money to make Camelot Unchained) and it was utter crap. It was one of those MMOs that really was dying within a few months from all sorts of terrible decisions one of which was its terribly designed RvR. The maps were god awful as if they were thrown together, and later they released maps that were effectively empty…

The maps are well-balanced in that they are at their base carefully thought out even if people have long since taken advantage of every small nook and cranny of the maps. There is all of one spot in Cliffside/Crag/Dawns where you can siege uncontested, but then that is also the hardest to lose tower in the Borderlands. Structures are placed at carefully placed distances, there is a weird hierarchy between the keeps that is very unique and played at carefully (though this is largely a meta-evolution). Garrison > Hills/Bay with the later two borderland keeps having unique strengths and weaknesses.

Its not a map like PvE thats just thrown together, let’s put it that way. No map can be perfect when put in the hands of thousands of players but they’ll held up pretty well. :p

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Feed Me Change.6528

WAR was the last RvR game we got (it was made by the same dude who’s now taking people’s money to make Camelot Unchained) and it was utter crap. It was one of those MMOs that really was dying within a few months from all sorts of terrible decisions one of which was its terribly designed RvR. The maps were god awful as if they were thrown together, and later they released maps that were effectively empty…

The maps are well-balanced in that they are at their base carefully thought out even if people have long since taken advantage of every small nook and cranny of the maps. There is all of one spot in Cliffside/Crag/Dawns where you can siege uncontested, but then that is also the hardest to lose tower in the Borderlands. Structures are placed at carefully placed distances, there is a weird hierarchy between the keeps that is very unique and played at carefully (though this is largely a meta-evolution). Garrison > Hills/Bay with the later two borderland keeps having unique strengths and weaknesses.

Its not a map like PvE thats just thrown together, let’s put it that way. No map can be perfect when put in the hands of thousands of players but they’ll held up pretty well. :p

I agree, the maps are unique and balanced in terms of hierarchy of towers and keeps, but in terms of player movement it is larger designed to hold as many people in as small as an area possible aka zerg friendly. I do like that Hills is actually ON a hill and Bay has a nice moat around it, but they cater too much to casual players with the vast open spaces.

I would love another nice map, I understand it takes a long time to go from dev to testing to QA to live but some transparency on the issue would be nice.

It is sadly a point that doesn’t really mean anything to discuss, they’ll release it when they do.

OT: I wonder if ANet is thinking of releasing PvP/WvW specific items in the Gem Shop. They say they can sustain this game on that but only the PvErs currently have items to spend money on from there. I know if I had WvW specific armor resembling something from WH40K I’d buy it up in a hurry.

Also, do sPvP’ers consider the more hardcore WvW’ers like myself actual PvPers? Or are we just zerg happy press 1 to win players?

in PvP

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Perhaps the problem is that PvP isnt providing any money so Anet doesnt invest on it.
We already made suggestions for this to take place. Custom announcer voice packs, Custom engineer kit skins, permanent finishers, etc. There is a lot to pick up from, they just need to be creative.

Right now we PvPers cant just go ahead and buy gems just for sake of saying:

“Hey Anet really nice job you are doing, Im buying gems so that you know you are doing a great job and you should keep doing whatever it is you are doing in PvP!”

No, it doesnt and shouldnt work that way. I would buy PvP related stuff so they know that I like it and want to support PvP and want them to continue improving it.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Hello,

Where are our rewards?

Things need to change.

This game is made for wow pve farming kids and for those so called “casuals”…for sure pve>pvp and it’s a shame for a game called guild wars, pvp is gw endgame but right now its the total opposite..esports lol…not even close to gw1 random arenas..

in PvP

Quickfoot Katana.8642

GW1 Random Arenas is the equivalent of current SoloQueue, if your team has no bunker guardian and their team has, you are at a big disadvantage. It was the same situation in the “no-monk” teams vs 1-monk teams in GW1 Random Arenas

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

+1
all PvPers can do for now~~is GRIND the grinding hell toward the can-watch-can-never-catch Rank 80

WHICH IS BORING!!
why is such a primitive reward system even allowed to exist for almost 1 year within a game that TOTALLY emphasize on moving away from the traditional grindfest MMOs??

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

ANet’s order of updates. PvE > sPvP > WvW.. at least you guys get new maps, on the WvW side we’ve been stuck with the same ones for 10 months.

I’ve started to enjoy sPvP, I hope they restructure the reward/glory system. I really do.

To be fair WvW has received a ton of more attention then sPvP. sPvP has gotten spectating, custom servers, and a few new maps (most of which aren’t even liked in tpvp). WvW has received every armor stat setup for badges of honor and gold, new traps, skins only found in WvW, then you have a large amount of titles and achievements. If we’re only talking about rewards, i think WvW has received a lot more attention then spvp any day.

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Hello,

Copying from another topic:

My concern is that there’s no way to pass 4k+ AP being a pvplayer. I’ve been playing since launch, both PVE and PVP (mainly PVP since November), and I’m sitting on 4k AP. Now, the only way to get the pvp version of the set is via PVE (just like the past events: Adventure Box, F&F story jetpack, Dragon Festival skins, and the new Baazar items), since PVP AP’s are faulty and hard to come by. Just a lame system if you ask me.

in PvP

Feed Me Change.6528

To be fair WvW has received a ton of more attention then sPvP. sPvP has gotten spectating, custom servers, and a few new maps (most of which aren’t even liked in tpvp). WvW has received every armor stat setup for badges of honor and gold, new traps, skins only found in WvW, then you have a large amount of titles and achievements. If we’re only talking about rewards, i think WvW has received a lot more attention then spvp any day.

Every armor stat – you mean, finally EQUAL to PvE?
New traps – you mean ones that no1 ever uses because they serve 0 purpose?
Skins – You mean the PvE skins?
Titles & Achievements – you mean ones that take longer then PvE/sPvP ones? I’ve played WvW since release and I have more Ach Pts and titles from sPvP than WvW (rank 15)

Yeah.. we have it so good…

I don’t mean to be so sarcastic or anything but WvW has gotten this attention because we were behind PvE (WvW is a PvE area in ANet’s book) and this finally brought it up to pair.. almost. Spectating, custom servers and new maps is HUGE, if y’all don’t like the new maps you can simply not play on them, whereas WvW can’t.

Yeah, we have trait lines and some form of progression, it’s nice but doesn’t come close to getting what the pve side of the game has received.

in PvP

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

A. Warhammer Had more maps in some of its tiers, then Guild Wars 2 has in its entire game, Most of them were flat out better than what is available in GW2, Tor Anroc for example, Mourkains Temple, Better then GW2, the few maps it did release afterward were also way way better

http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Scenario

30 were Available at launch for example.

B. Warhammer Online died from its lack of going F2P, and its complete lack of attention EA gave it…GW2 would of have easily suffered the same fate as Warhammer Online if it wasn’t Buy 2 Play, so don’t kid yourself into thinking GW2 is marginally better. RVR Wise Warhammer online is frankly superior in every way to WvW in this game except for the fact that GW2 has 3 “factions”.

C. The Campaign Maps themselves were about the same as this games Borderland Maps, except they at least differed somewhat compared to this games Carbon Copy area….Praag looked nothing like Thunder Mountain, or Black Crag for example.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in PvP

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I think anet needs to make spvp players able to gain xp, gear, and everything u can get in pve while doing spvp. I honestly have no clue how to get that done but the rewards and progression in spvp are painfully slow. The only thing I look forward too are the finishers. Otherwise, I could careless what rank I am.

There’s 2 sides to this story. Pvers don’t come to spvp because they don’t get any rewards for thier main style of play. Pvpers don’t pve/wvw because they don’t get rewards for pvping that allow them to wvw/pve.

The pvp reward system is screwed up no matter what kind of player you are. If they fixed it this would be a much better game for everyone.

Just another noob thief…

in PvP

Quickfoot Katana.8642

I think anet needs to make spvp players able to gain xp, gear, and everything u can get in pve while doing spvp. I honestly have no clue how to get that done but the rewards and progression in spvp are painfully slow. The only thing I look forward too are the finishers. Otherwise, I could careless what rank I am.

There’s 2 sides to this story. Pvers don’t come to spvp because they don’t get any rewards for thier main style of play. Pvpers don’t pve/wvw because they don’t get rewards for pvping that allow them to wvw/pve.

The pvp reward system is screwed up no matter what kind of player you are. If they fixed it this would be a much better game for everyone.

Number one reason why PvErs dont PvP is because they dont like PvP. They even got access to the same stats and skills when they hop in.
Can you say the same about PvPers going into PvE? Ignoring the majority of PvPers who dont like PvE, the ones who do still dont go there as much because they are stripped off stats and armors and what not!
I just think its pointless trying to form 1 playerbase when clearly there are 3 masses who each prefer their own combo of stuff: PvE, WvW and PvP.