How much longer for the Condi Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

It has been about 4-5 months of condi meta? Being one of the longer lasting ones I wonder how long will this continue? Will it phase out of into another set of top of the food chain builds, will we see more balance across the board, or will the current Meta stand?

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

omg where do u see condi meta??!! Now teams are running 2 wars/thief/mesmer , i see bearly teams running with necro or engi.

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Its not a condi meta..Thieves-Mesmers-Ele-Warriors, all go power dmg..

Some classes dont have many options in survivability with Power builds (Rangers-Engi-Necros) so they kinda need the extra toughness from amulets..Or their power builds arent effective enough.

So if you are playing some of these classes you feel like there is a cond meta..

I play Ranger for example and im using cond builds for a long time now..

in PvP

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

Could I politely ask what planet the above two players live on?

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

did u guys watch the last esl tournament?

on the streamed games (including finals) there were

no necro no engi no ele

only “real” condition class was bunker/evade ranger with settlers amulett (shamans).

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

For as long there is no power build to counter it.

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

Could I politely ask what planet the above two players live on?

lol, a different one then ours apparently

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

The thing is anet and the forum heros are about 2 monthes behind the times. That is why everybody quit. Snails pace balancing, and by the time they balance it is completely out of touch with the current situation. Look at the last “big pvp patch” which WAS NO BALANCE except a huge buff to warrior hammer 4 (lol anet) to make it so even rank 1 can stun lock chain someone.

There hasn’t been a condi meta for a while. Necros get hard countered by warriors for example. S/d if he sets up his sword 2 out of los on a different y-axis will also smash any necro with ease. Together in a team fight necro just gets farmed by these two. Cant even peel for himself due to zerk stance/evades

Alot of teams previously with less than good results have moved to 2 warrior/ranger/guard/thief/bunler engi type set ups. They have instantly achieved great results because this set up is op. My team, we are still new and learning but previously we beat teams running other set ups. Now THE SAme players switch to bunker set ups and they instantly beat us by 200 points. So it is a 400 point swing just because of their set up. It is easy mode for the bunker teams because they can just play 3 points all game and just outlast you an destroy you. And this is irrespective of the players. As I said anyone running this bunker set up has been beating us, even if previously they cant beat us. Rotations are so easy with such a bunker set up, and so forgiving. 2v3 for 30 seconds? NP – healing signet and evades will survive neway

Anets solution to fixing bunker meta is to nerf dps whilst not nerfing sustain. Which is completely ridiculous.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Wonder how long stealth meta continue.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

@Lordrosicky I understand you find yourself as a Tpvp player ahead of the times. And we all know that a proper team set up in most cases should be successful at defeating all types of opponents. And while I do understand this it would seem you are behind the times in general builds and upcoming nerfs. The assumption that because your team runs something opposite meta is that it is meta is just that. Meta has to do with works well right now. While your teams dynamic set up where you covers each others flaws through communication and builds built around supporting each other is admirable it is not the reality for most of the dwindling Spvp population. The current meta for many players revolves around being condition spammed or doing it yourself. Many players take the way the minority play (ie the Tpvp team speak, codependent build crafting) as justification for meta. That is if you organized team of 5 individuals who play together consistently can do it why can’t a players in mismatched hodgepodge of matches do it too? I get what you are saying but you are playing in the minority of the minority. Warrior overall will see some nerfs next patch especially to those power builds. Thief S/D the same. Perhaps you should have taken the time to read the proposed upcoming changes but it matters not.

And even in your team set up I doubt the ranger is power as power rangers are rare bunker engineer is generally a condi build as it is. Additionally the assumption that the only condi spamming class is Necro faulty. Necro does have a hard counter in warrior stun lock which we nearly see daily complaints about as it is.

Wonder how long stealth meta continue.

In general there is no stealth Meta. You can not contest a point while stealth. It is the main reason PU doesn’t get more complaints (that and being relatively good in just 1 v 1).

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

ok i trie it in my bad english

problem atm is warrior is so op it let everything other shine in a not so shiny light anymore and this is not only necro or engi

warrior counters everything atm

but once arenanet start to fix warrior and bring it down to human lvl than we still have this kitten anoying condimeta we sit in now for months
nothing changed on necro since the patch where necro got buffed in oblivion and necro will faceroll everything again

ye maby in teamQ you dont have a condimeta – sure – ppl there go for comps to counter other comps so they all play faceroll hammermonkeys BUT this will not last forever

and how i said – once arenanet nerf warrior we still have this op-beast called necro facerolling everything

a class more op than the other op class dont make the other class NOT op

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

The fun thing about hotjoin is whatever you want to run is the meta. I even see a decent amount of elementalists there

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Its the bunker meta guise

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]