How on earth some scrubs make it to ruby?

in PvP

Posted by: Pridedemon.3041

Pridedemon.3041

Yes, this is totally beyond me. Its still early in the season so theoretically only good players should get into ruby yet right? Wrong.

We all encounter scrubs every once in a while but this one takes the cake, and he is RUBY.
So match start on forest, we wipe the other team on mid and get our beast as well enemy beast. We have 2 points now and about 100 points lead when the enemy respawn. I am druid and i see this scrapper coming close and i go to our point so we get into a deadlock and kind of an eternal battle, now our warrior decides to come help kill scrapper on our close EVEN i said i don’t need help 1 vs 1, we have the point i am on it but he comes and start hitting scrapper (who was definitely good). Now indeed the scrapper goes into invul @ 20% health and this warrior is continuously chasing him while our team is wiping 3 against 4 in mid.
So i decide to leave close as warrior refuse to let engie go and help mid but by the time i reached mid 2 of my team members were already dead so i refused to die in mid too and came back to our close and by that time the scrapper had already killed the warrior and was almost half way to capture point when i got back, from this moment the enemy completely close mid as they had a bunker ele and went on to hold 2 points for the most remainder of the game and won with 400-500 all thanks to the noob warrior.
Ofcourse i blocked him and i hope i don’t ever see him again in this or any other game for that matter.
Sorry about this long post, i had to vent this out.

in PvP

Posted by: baroi.3264

baroi.3264

Your warrior did a bad rotation making your team fail in a outnumbered battle.
But you failed again too when you left your fight to go to a lost battle in mid, you should finish home battle and get 15s advantage in the eng (because eng was 20% health), while your team mates regroup in spawn.

Subdrop

in PvP

Posted by: Mutaatti.2789

Mutaatti.2789

Your warrior did a bad rotation making your team fail in a outnumbered battle.
But you failed again too when you left your fight to go to a lost battle in mid, you should finish home battle and get 15s advantage in the eng (because eng was 20% health), while your team mates regroup in spawn.

What he said.

I’m ruby myself and wondering why I see so many people raging (ok, I have raged too couple times to teammates, sorry for that) instead of saying them directions OR (have seen too many french players…) just do the rotation yourself and carry your team as good as you can.

I know OP is frustrated because warrior didn’t care when he said he will be fine, but how could that warrior have knew you were good? I mean what if scrapper totally blasted you and then you start rageing “Why didn’t no one come to help me?” that’s the problem at start of the season, and even later in diamond/lege. If you play as a full pug team, how can you trust your teammates that they can handle 1v1?

They don’t get to legendary by doing only 1v1, even that they should know when they can handle it, and more importantly when teammate can handle it. But still this is about teamplay.

in PvP

Posted by: infinitenoah.8296

infinitenoah.8296

Maybe he was just tired? Or perhaps his little brother kept annoying him, so he was unable to concentrate? It could be a lot of reasons.

in PvP

Pridedemon.3041

I know OP is frustrated because warrior didn’t care when he said he will be fine, but how could that warrior have knew you were good? I mean what if scrapper totally blasted you and then you start rageing “Why didn’t no one come to help me?” that’s the problem at start of the season, and even later in diamond/lege. If you play as a full pug team, how can you trust your teammates that they can handle 1v1?

They don’t get to legendary by doing only 1v1, even that they should know when they can handle it, and more importantly when teammate can handle it. But still this is about teamplay.

Because i clearly said in team chat that i don’t need help, me and scrapper were dueling on point for about a min with both about 80%+ health and getting no where. I even said in /s chat to warrior to go (in-case he didn’t read team chat) but he didn’t care.

So what happened, at 20% engie’s invul proc and i think from this point the warr should be able to handle him and i try to get to mid as fast as i can and provide support but no, team members were already dead on mid and i guess engie used his healing to get back and went on to finish that warrior real quickly once he didn’t have support and 2 vs 1 advantage.

Anyway, i guess 5 vs 5 is lot more forgiving. As 4 or even 3 average players can carry couple of bad players because pug vs pug usually means 1-2 above average or good and 2-3 below average or abysmal players in both teams which usually balances out itself.

For this reason i think WoW’s rated arena games were much better, as 2 vs 2 or even 3 vs 3 your personal skill mattered a lot more and there was little to no chance of getting carried by other players to higher ratings if you were bad or below average.

in PvP

Posted by: INVU.5978

INVU.5978

Just assuming the warrior was condi meta build right now you shouldn’t have left him anyway, only a terrible engi would lose that matchup with the amount of clear and avoidance they can generate against bursts as well as stability and ability to kite the warr.

You can’t berate someone for making a mistake that you then basically replicated pal! As much as anyone should know that the engi wouldn’t kill a decent ranger (engi can’t have been as good as you say 1v1ing a ranger on a captured point…) but you then ditch a warrior to go to mid when it sounds like it was already lost. It also sounds like mid wasn’t contested when the warrior left and he was coming for the +1.

Now I will say this, the warrior is probably not a warrior player. Not that they are bad in +1 but they are not mobile at all so running for a +1, so it is never a good idea with the current LB/MSh meta to do so. He’s probably used to rotating on a class which can disengage properly in order to get back to the mid point.

I’d actually argue your rotation choice was more detrimental than the warriors!

However, to your main point… yes there do seem to be some rather appalling players in the ruby area, a number of ele’s I played with last night running to far for 1v1’s on already capped points springs to mind…

Anywho… What can you do?!

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

They get there the same way as any other player, luck of the draw. They get matched with strong players against weaker players, win their matches, and the cycle repeats. Those players advance, players with poorer luck in team-matching and matchmaking do not, and so players of all skill levels end up in Ruby. It’s not like this game is designed in any way to reward individual player skill.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Bazooka.3590

Bazooka.3590

The solution would be ez. You can play league matches only if you have at least a 1000 ranked palyed before. But anet dont give a kitten about the old players they only want to satisfy the wing hungry newbies.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Such things can happen. I also make bad decisions.
Example. Close match on foefire. One enemy at lord. Our warrior goes to defend lord.
No time to write long stories. I decide first he should be OK defending i get close back to win the game (which was the right decision). So i did… After caping close lord fight was still going on. I got unease if something was going wrong at lord and left the point. Bad decsicion it got decaped before a could come back after seeing war is fine, loosing the game by somethink like 2 points …. sigh … A few words on com like i am fine at lord would have won the match.
It happens and we are all humans. Many rage before even knowing how good someone might be. I already got lots of good feedback too.
Obvious some moves like double cap show a player is not realy knowing how to do conquest. This should not happen obove amber ….

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Maybe the war went low mid and the best thing he was able to do was: leave.

in PvP

Posted by: Weerus.3701

Weerus.3701

People are forgetting that for legendary achievement you need to play other classes, so when we get bad performing player in higher tiers its probably just a poor kitten being forced to play the class he has little knowledge of =/

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Pointless thread to try and shame someone for not playing how you wanted him to play and not knowing why he did what he did,then calling him a scrub and a noob and showing off how you blocked him..

Such an interesting story.

in PvP

Posted by: Kaijantoo.5796

Kaijantoo.5796

Pointless thread to try and shame someone for not playing how you wanted him to play and not knowing why he did what he did,then calling him a scrub and a noob and showing off how you blocked him..

Such an interesting story.

Yep, agree with you. Players like OP should take a break from guild wars and grow up for a few years and come back.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

The solution would be ez. You can play league matches only if you have at least a 1000 ranked palyed before. But anet dont give a kitten about the old players they only want to satisfy the wing hungry newbies.

Well.. your league will die.

Mostly, casual try PVP for 3 months and stop playing it.

How in the hell new players can go make 1000 ranked matches before doing League if it’s the only solution to get said ranked match?

Probably 1000 unranked matches could be an entry level. I would completely agree with this.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Cataca.3867

Cataca.3867

Dont be ridiculous. The issue of SPvP is lack of players, not “newbies ruining your fun”.

If you “incredible PvPers” would be half as decent as you suggest, a good amount of bad players would only help you, not the other way round.

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

happen to me too almost the same way but this time the engi was bad

sometimes you will have some players with wierd decisions which in their head were perfectly fine. so the gametype push you to carry their mistakes

like my team won close and mid. suddenly 3 players rush far … why to have 5v3…

they wiped so we back off and control close as we didnt want to die on mid…

we won but instead by 150 points it was 50 points…. just 1 bad decision.

(edited by messiah.1908)

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Seeing as you can only play ranked matches during the league, the idea is a non starter. Clearly your not as good as you think you are. You do know there are better players than you out there right? No matter how good you or anyone else thinks they are, there is always someone better. This is something people need to get use to if they are going to play PvP. Sure we have all been on that team where your team mates feel like they are playing PvP for the first time. As long as enough of your team know how to play better than the other team, that’s all that matters.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I’m ruby and I’m not even good at pvp. I’m a baddie. I don’t even know what rotations are or what they mean.

Just been riding condi warri this season from late emerald ALLLLL the way to ruby T1 with nothing but STRONGHOLD games because I’m a bogan.

Surprisingly it’s been very fun and my only problems was last tier of sapphire hitting a few losses and class stacking of necro’s or being hit with double ele’s and you can’t destroy their breakers… Maybe it’s just been good luck with getting decent team mates for me? I don’t know but I’ve made it this far and I’m having fun.

Well, I try to pull my weight through each game – warri has it so easy with all their passives…. it’s kind of lame in a way and yes I feel guilty of playing a class that has all that and can get away with it most of the time. I honestly gave up playing any FUN original builds… meta or face plenty of losses.

Now I’m hit with a 56+ minute queue time as I’m typing this. Fun, right? Before it was a 21+ minute one… I hope more people reach ruby and soon. I spend more time in the queue than I do actually playing pvp.

RIP me.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I’m ruby and I’m not even good at pvp. I’m a baddie. I don’t even know what rotations are or what they mean.

Just been riding condi warri this season from late emerald ALLLLL the way to ruby T1 with nothing but STRONGHOLD games because I’m a bogan.

Surprisingly it’s been very fun and my only problems was last tier of sapphire hitting a few losses and class stacking of necro’s or being hit with double ele’s and you can’t destroy their breakers… Maybe it’s just been good luck with getting decent team mates for me? I don’t know but I’ve made it this far and I’m having fun.

Well, I try to pull my weight through each game – warri has it so easy with all their passives…. it’s kind of lame in a way and yes I feel guilty of playing a class that has all that and can get away with it most of the time. I honestly gave up playing any FUN original builds… meta or face plenty of losses.

Now I’m hit with a 56+ minute queue time as I’m typing this. Fun, right? Before it was a 21+ minute one… I hope more people reach ruby and soon. I spend more time in the queue than I do actually playing pvp.

RIP me.

Try playing non condi,and see how “op” warr is.

in PvP

Posted by: Rigante.2470

Rigante.2470

The same way some scrubs make it diamond or legendary albiet it’s harder. By grinding a ton of games and getting lucky with win streaks.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

Maybe he was just tired? Or perhaps his little brother kept annoying him, so he was unable to concentrate? It could be a lot of reasons.

Or maybe his little brother was playing his account. Lol

in PvP

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

Answers to topic:

1. ArenaNet has a very good Match Making Rating promoting awesome play.
2. Players have lots of time at their disposal, and they love this game so much.
3. Customers love this game and great players constantly have a positive attitude, so they get lucky most of the times (Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat).

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

in PvP

Posted by: odstninja.1468

odstninja.1468

Lots of scrubs in ruby and lots of decent players who were ruby and diamond before now stuck in lower tiers b/c of bad luck with pugs lol. fun times.

in PvP

Alin.2468

Lots of scrubs in ruby and lots of decent players who were ruby and diamond before now stuck in lower tiers b/c of bad luck with pugs lol. fun times.

Stop playing solo friend.
This is an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game). If you want to have fun play whatever you want, however you want. But if you wish to win, embrace the concepts, tactics, subtleties, and enjoy together with others in premade teams using voice chat. That is how you win in a multiplayer game.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

in PvP

Posted by: odstninja.1468

odstninja.1468

Stop playing solo friend.
This is an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game). If you want to have fun play whatever you want, however you want. But if you wish to win, embrace the concepts, tactics, subtleties, and enjoy together with others in premade teams using voice chat. That is how you win in a multiplayer game.

Except I NEVER see any pvp guilds recruiting or even pugs forming teams. (which is weird to me anyways considering my past exp with mmos including gw1 and wow) usually you would see a ton of pvp guilds recruiting in pvp. Its the logical place to recruit.

in PvP

Alin.2468

Can not find a guild? Create one. Easy.

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

I have yet to actually get a ruby team when im in fact ruby…I always get sapphires or lower vs rubys…>.>Matchmaking 10/10 works as intended…yeyeright.

edit: serious question now. Is the playerbase THAT small that when im in ruby i dont even get ruby players but sapphires only in every match?

(edited by sanctuary.1068)

in PvP

Pridedemon.3041

Just assuming the warrior was condi meta build right now you shouldn’t have left him anyway, only a terrible engi would lose that matchup with the amount of clear and avoidance they can generate against bursts as well as stability and ability to kite the warr.

You can’t berate someone for making a mistake that you then basically replicated pal! As much as anyone should know that the engi wouldn’t kill a decent ranger (engi can’t have been as good as you say 1v1ing a ranger on a captured point…) but you then ditch a warrior to go to mid when it sounds like it was already lost. It also sounds like mid wasn’t contested when the warrior left and he was coming for the +1.

Now I will say this, the warrior is probably not a warrior player. Not that they are bad in +1 but they are not mobile at all so running for a +1, so it is never a good idea with the current LB/MSh meta to do so. He’s probably used to rotating on a class which can disengage properly in order to get back to the mid point.

I’d actually argue your rotation choice was more detrimental than the warriors!

However, to your main point… yes there do seem to be some rather appalling players in the ruby area, a number of ele’s I played with last night running to far for 1v1’s on already capped points springs to mind…

Anywho… What can you do?!

Its easy, because losing close on forest is temporary, unless teams are heavily mis matched skill wise its extremely difficult to hold far on forest, in my experience the team who holds the mid and rotates correctly wins on forest. So even if we lose close it was not going to be as big deal as losing mid thats why i left close.
I only went close to contend engie because i knew he was after the decap and it was 4 vs 4 mid so if warrior wouldn’t have left it was even fight everywhere.
And yes, when my team respawned they made short work of engie to recapture the close, and their engie went onto close their home which couldn’t be 1 vs 1 and we lost.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Can not find a guild? Create one. Easy.

Exactly. There is a huge hole to be filled for anyone who wants to create a “average/semihardcore-to-organized-average/semihardcore-friendly-but-constructive-lfg” guild.

I would totally do it myself, but I’m too much of a PvX’er to dedicate myself to any one game-type (not to mention I’m not on as much as I would like to be…).

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: manarchon.2089

manarchon.2089

The real question is not why is there so many scrubs in ruby. Cause it probably kittening sucks like it did before and always has.

The question is why doesn’t everybody suck my kitten.

There’s the real philosophical underlining issue. I need my kitten sucked and nobody will do it!

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I have yet to actually get a ruby team when im in fact ruby…I always get sapphires or lower vs rubys…>.>Matchmaking 10/10 works as intended…yeyeright.

edit: serious question now. Is the playerbase THAT small that when im in ruby i dont even get ruby players but sapphires only in every match?

I was like 5 pip from diamond when i vs a full sapphire team last night. I also got into games that were full diamond both sides except me. I think there isn’t a lot of actual ruby players still play, I know a few people who got to ruby and decided to wait a few weeks before playing to move up the ladder.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I will just leave this here for lulz

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

It’s actually 30 pips Cynz since it can take +-15 if that makes any sense.

See below: 21 pips diff at least

Attachments:

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

How long were you queued before you got those matchups?

in PvP

Posted by: Rankomonaut.4708

Rankomonaut.4708

Let me show u a screen that proves that Ruby is worth s |-| | t

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

It’s actually 30 pips Cynz since it can take +-15 if that makes any sense.

See below: 21 pips diff at least

he is right, i cant find the post , but in some theard anet said that the system starts with 15 pip range and the longer you wait in queue, the more the range expands. i dont know why people think that 15pips is the max range and not the start range, anyone got a link to an anet post about this? because i cant remember which season i saw the post with 15 pips as a start point…

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

I will just leave this here for lulz

Diamonds stole my rubys! So diamonds play vs rubys and rubys have to get mixed with sapphires, it all makes sense now…I should probably wait a few weeks until people catch up.