How play against warrior?

in PvP

Posted by: Fredjesus.7085

Fredjesus.7085

Impossible kill warrior except all 5 play hit him. they have the best HP on game and the best armor bonus, passive immune against conditions passive god mod, 8+ sec CC AOE with hammer, passive 100% critical chance amd best one hit damage, can run away like no other, best healing skill of the game (10-12k).
why not change the game name to Guild Warrior?

in PvP

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Some pro tips:
- Stability?
- Block?
- Blind?
- Run?

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in PvP

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

Impossible kill warrior except all 5 play hit him. they have the best HP on game and the best armor bonus, passive immune against conditions passive god mod, 8+ sec CC AOE with hammer, passive 100% critical chance amd best one hit damage, can run away like no other, best healing skill of the game (10-12k).

What are you running as build, from that players can actually give you decent advise to counter warriors to the best possible.

I can name everything a warrior counters, that doesn’t help you or your build

EDIT:
I had the same problem with mesmers, so I went to the guardian section and made a topic how to fight mesmers and included my build in there.

I got so many usefull responses, I’m able to kill them now

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

I dono, they are the easiest thing to just ignore, or even kill if they get annoying enough, id rather worry about the necro.

What class and build were you playing?
What weapons?

The immunities all have long cooldowns with a clear buff indicator, just watch that indicator while kiting him, then blast him to bits when it stops.
Hammes has VERY obvious telegraphed skill, so you can easily see which ones should be dodge.

Armor types mean nothing in this game.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Not sure if trolling, or highly misinformed…

“best armor bonus” – maybe best base bonus, but no protection uptime and lowest number of evades and teleports
“passive immune against conditions” – For like 8 seconds out of 60.
“passive god mod” – 4 seconds out of 60…
“8+ sec CC AOE with hammer” – all of which are extremely easy to dodge
“passive 100% critical chance” – For 3 hits on weapon swap, the worst of which is esy to dodge
“and best one hit damage” – Clearly you haven’t played against a d/p thief, s/f ele, shatter mesmer, etc…
“can run away like no other” – This is a joke right? They have like the lowest mobility in the game unless you run with sword or GS (and it looks like you’re talking about hambow)
“best healing skill of the game” – Healing turret combo is higher burst, d/d eles have higher sustained healing.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

so you are losing to a hammer war, one of the super weak builds?

what is this, 2013?

in PvP

Posted by: Fredjesus.7085

Fredjesus.7085

i have one of each class lvl 80, main thief d/p + SB, i burst warr but on 25% he become imune (6 seg with trait), then he heal 10-12k, block and stum, if he stum me my hp just desapir.
when i play with my warr i hit 26k+ with hammer + GS, just jump with earthquake (4k damage 3 seg stum +20% all damage) hundred blade(22k in 3seg), and all play in this area just die.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

i have one of each class lvl 80, main thief d/p + SB, i burst warr but on 25% he become imune (6 seg with trait), then he heal 10-12k, block and stum, if he stum me my hp just desapir.
when i play with my warr i hit 26k+ with hammer + GS, just jump with earthquake (4k damage 3 seg stum +20% all damage) hundred blade(22k in 3seg), and all play in this area just die.

Zerker Warriors are melted in seconds by anything… in most cases you can just kite Warrior while his Stances are up and burst him after.

in PvP

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

I’m going to assume you’re trolling, so instead I will mention the fact that your post is barely readable.

Some things to note though:
Endure pain lasts 5 seconds with trait, not 6.
Who uses healing surge over healing signet these days? So obviously he’s not going to heal 10-12k all at once. Healing Surge is a bad heal, either way.
Even if the warrior is zerk, they’re not going to hit for 22k with HB in pvp. It might be possible in wvw against someone with zero toughness.
Earthshaker is a 2 second stun at full adrenaline, not three seconds.

Well aren’t you a wealth of misinformation.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

There is nothing in this game more telegraphed than Warrior skills

So you use Zerker amulet and Unsuspecting Foe and a greatsword in PvP?

You have much to learn my friend

in PvP

Posted by: Shintei.9061

Shintei.9061

you know a short cut to type warriors is wars yeh?

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

There is nothing in this game more telegraphed than Warrior skills

So you use Zerker amulet and Unsuspecting Foe and a greatsword in PvP?

You have much to learn my friend

Not that GS isnt viable in PVP if used wisely, but nobody in their right mind with a reasonable amount of sense would hang around for a Hundred blades and Earthshaker.

Warrior is strong, but its also telegraphed, has stupid dps on ranged items, and suffers from condi (or trades all its dps to not suffer as much from condi.)

Protip: “Don’t hug the warrior.”

This is not prepatch GW2 where warriors actually -were- a threat.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Not sure if trolling, or highly misinformed…

“best armor bonus” – maybe best base bonus, but no protection uptime and lowest number of evades and teleports
“passive immune against conditions” – For like 8 seconds out of 60.
“passive god mod” – 4 seconds out of 60…
“8+ sec CC AOE with hammer” – all of which are extremely easy to dodge
“passive 100% critical chance” – For 3 hits on weapon swap, the worst of which is esy to dodge
“and best one hit damage” – Clearly you haven’t played against a d/p thief, s/f ele, shatter mesmer, etc…
“can run away like no other” – This is a joke right? They have like the lowest mobility in the game unless you run with sword or GS (and it looks like you’re talking about hambow)
“best healing skill of the game” – Healing turret combo is higher burst, d/d eles have higher sustained healing.

Since we’re being critical:

“maybe best base bonus, but no protection uptime and lowest number of evades and teleports”

A lot of Warrior builds can maintain a high uptime of Vigor, and some permanently. My build can keep at least 18 seconds of 100% Endurance regen. That’s a significant number of evades I have over someone with little-to-none.

“For like 8 seconds out of 60.”

Or 10 seconds. Then count the Adrenaline gained from Berserker’s Stance, which clears another three. Shouts to remove a few, and Warhorn as well. We have some pretty decent cleanse options depending on the build.

“4 seconds out of 60…”

5 Traited for a good number of builds. Most Warriors I see in the Arenas that aren’t Hambows Trait Defy Pain for another 5 seconds. So that’s 10 seconds out of 60 that we’re in “God-mode” as far as damage is concerned. We could also be immune to Conditions, and have Stability for the same amount of time.

“all of which are extremely easy to dodge”

In a 1v1, sure. A 2v2 on mid node in Foefire? Sure. In a team fight where you’re having to kite and dodge others? Not really, unless they themselves have a large access to Vigor, Blinds, and Blocks.

“This is a joke right? They have like the lowest mobility in the game unless you run with sword or GS (and it looks like you’re talking about hambow)”

If a Hambow’s following Metabattle ( and common sense ), they’re taking Warrior’s Sprint. Perma 25% IMS, along with 8+ seconds of Swiftness from Balanced Stance, and 25+ from Signet of Rage. Couple that with having access to Vigor, a sword of one flavor or another, and we can get out of some sticky situations. Even with Hambow, if a Warrior’s force to kite a player or two, skill 3 Cripples, 4 provides Knockback, a single-target Knockdown, and an AoE Stun. Then of course, is skill 5 for Longbow to help put some distance between the players.

(edited by Copestetic.5174)

in PvP

Posted by: blackysharky.7581

blackysharky.7581

GS / Greatbow Masterrace!

I love playing my little Warrior, although I get a lot of hate all the time for playing it.

But that’s just the way I like to play my warrior, and I much more prefer playing the way and build fitting my playstyle instead of some current meta build which everyone plays and needs to play, otherwise you’re a noob and it’s instantly your fault if your team lost, and if you play it but suck at playing that build it’s also your fault, so no matter what you do, it’s always your fault of losing, never somebody elses Shocking news, I know.

Also I think it always adds a little spice to the match for the enemy, cause a GS build is amongst the most unsuspected, so if you play your build well enough you can even be an deciding winning factor in a match.

But well to get on topic, wait for stances to wear off, stun / bind warrior and burst him or apply your mass condis on him, and he’ll be dead, easy.

Sir Masao
Warrior
Elonas Reach [EU]

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

I think warriors are in a good place now, they used to be a little over the top but with the adrenaline change they are fine in my opinion. The warriors that just rush into battle and blow all their stances are essentially a free kill if you have a way to out last the 8 seconds of face roll.

in PvP

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

Clearly someone has never played Guardian

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Clearly someone has never played Guardian

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Judge%27s_Intervention

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Hammer warrior? You can dodge. Actually easy to beat now.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Poison lots of it , reapply when needed and avoid the big Telegraphed moves , when they use whirl evade don’t side step dodge through them to gain more ground , if you are melee dodge back on the spot short a distance as possible and open with a utility rather than waste a cc weapon skill because it might get evaded or dodged then you can carry on with the bigger attacks.