Engineer = +2
Necromancer = +3
Ranger = +3
Thief = +2
Mesmer = +2
Elementalist = -5
AFK person = -5

Yep, ele equals afk person

wouldnt an afk person be better because theere is a small chance said person might come, but an ele is still useless either ways.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

How to Tell the Victor...

in PvP

Posted by: Simplicity.7208

Simplicity.7208

As much as I love mesmer and wholeheartedly support how awesome the class is, I’m forced to at least somewhat agree with the OP.

Mesmer is the sort of class where you either get it or you don’t. It’s rare to find a sorta mediocre mesmer, you’ll either get a great one or a horrible one, and horrible ones dominate the spectrum, even though a great mesmer can easily carry a team.

Interesting. My mesmer is my least used character because I like it the least, but if I’m ever challenged to a 1v1.. I will always pick it, and I have always thought they were pretty easy to play.

I like how everyone assumes “I win in 1v1s” means the same thing as “I’m useful in a team based objective style game mode.” Lol. And don’t eles give free kills to the enemy? So wouldn’t an afk person be better since they don’t give 5 free points every 35 seconds? (seriously though, eles are in a sad place, I don’t play one and I still pity them)

in PvP

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

Makes me sad to be an ele (thus, why I don’t pvp). Never fun for your class to be essentially useless in an area of the game – moreover actually a hinderance for your team. Hence, re-roll.

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Ele´s are truly in a strange spot. They provide tons of aoe dmg in teamfights plus having some nice rezz control due to this, but they are rather weak in any 1on1 situation. For me they seem pretty good balanced, its just the game mode where they dont fit in, because of all the small scales and 1on1´s in tpvp.

But equaling them with beeing afk? No way.

My list would be:
Guard +3
Warrior/Necro +2.5
Engi/Ranger +2
Mesmer +1.5
Ele/Thief +1

Experience +10

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Ele´s are truly in a strange spot. They provide tons of aoe dmg in teamfights plus having some nice rezz control due to this, but they are rather weak in any 1on1 situation.

Staff Ele is an extreme version of that. With Fire+Air traits and Blasting Staff combined with Tornado (double power + precision), it’s possible to do HILARIOUS AoE damage.
Meteor Shower can crit around ~5-6K on low-defense builds, that’s EACH meteor randomly falling from the sky (no dodge queue) with a small blast radius of it’s own.

Unfortunately if anyone actually attacks the staff Ele it’s a guaranteed death unless teammates come to the rescue :P

in PvP

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Warriors are close to guardian now, but guardians are still on top.
I would put Engie directly under that, and above spirit ranger, even if you almost never die on a spirit ranger.
Necro and Mesmer are on par under this.
There are a lot of terrible thieves in spvp as compared to WvW. I’m not sure why that is, but it’s definitely not below or on par with Ele. Ele is dead last.

The main reason why eles are in a bad place is that they are always focused first, or 2nd after a thief. If they aren’t, the other team is just confused about how to play. I only ever play bunker D/D now, as I can’t stand getting slaughtered. I’ve won games just by having 3 people chase me all over the map instead of try to cap anything.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I think the OP is making less a point about balance than the type of player, playing a class.

If you have a Guardian playing soloQ, chances are high that he’s a bunker. As such, he gladly plays his role bunkering a point and helping his team succeed. This is an easy concept to grasp.

A Thief’s role on the other hand is that of burst assist and back-capping. That role is less straight-forward and requires lots of tactical awareness. And that’s not such a common trait. It also requires team-mates to fill roles the Thief can’t fill, such as bunkering.

Everyone can roam, but only some can bunker and as such the Thief is at much more mercy of his team than other classes. Hence they’re more prone to losses. That, and many Thief players are plain bad. And a bad Thief is useless, as opposed to a bad Warrior or Guardian who is still at least somewhat useful.

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

eles arent that bad. i’d say eles are much better than thieves. a team full of eles is much better than a team full of thieves.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

(edited by Valentin.2073)

in PvP

Posted by: Cosmos The Cat.2954

Cosmos The Cat.2954

One of the best PvPers I’ve seen was an Ele. Like me, most people just don’t know how to play Elementalist.

TC Thief
[DIS][STAR]