Ashron Valhalla.8369

Hey guys,

If you want to avoid this kind of game :

Attachments:

How to avoid TopTeam-Amber Mix in Ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Ashron Valhalla.8369

Ashron Valhalla.8369

Just do that ! (Instead of having a real soloQ)

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Arutha.9874

Arutha.9874

To be honest there is no difference except time between rubies and ambers so who cares. If you lost you lost because they were better not because 1 one diamond and one was Amber. Now if you show that your losses to those teams were -3pips you might get a reaction out of me but that Matchmaking seems appropriate to me.

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

To be honest there is no difference except time between rubies and ambers so who cares. If you lost you lost because they were better not because 1 one diamond and one was Amber. Now if you show that your losses to those teams were -3pips you might get a reaction out of me but that Matchmaking seems appropriate to me.

You realise that 90% of the time this is used by “pro” teams to abuse matchmaking MMR to farm easy pips…?

in PvP

Arutha.9874

You realise that 90% of the time this is used by “pro” teams to abuse matchmaking MMR to farm easy pips…?

Okay but the point is that this system is still better than the old system it is just now we can point at a yellow pip to say that is the problem. But a diamond doesn’t equal a professional player, losing is what implies that the opponent team were better than yours nothing to do with the divisions.

in PvP

Ashron Valhalla.8369

You can’t say, having its head in the fire and feet in ice, that the temperature is pleasant.

Unfortunately matchmaking is like this.

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

So… What I need to do is look for an awesome pre-made team to carry my terribad PvP self because my low ranking will drag down their MMR? Thanks for the advice.

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

You can’t say, having its head in the fire and feet in ice, that the temperature is pleasant.

Unfortunately matchmaking is like this.

LMAO, this couldnt have been more on point on whats going on!

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Okay but the point is that this system is still better than the old system it is just now we can point at a yellow pip to say that is the problem. But a diamond doesn’t equal a professional player, losing is what implies that the opponent team were better than yours nothing to do with the divisions.

So why have divisions at all then? They don’t work in this game obviously.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Hey guys,

If you want to avoid this kind of game :

No more rooting for Rank 55 Dragons.

in PvP

Fortus.6175

I think rank should be no weight in determining MM. Right now it account for 50% of MMR. I also think they shouldn’t show it at the end of the match.

If you are good, and your premade is good, then average the MMR for that and bump it up by more than 2% per teammate in the same party. Then match agaisnt someone with the same or around MMR without taking into account divisions either.

I dont mind fighting diamonds, I do mind being given team mates that just farmed to sapphire and the MM thinking they are good just because they got there. I know plenty of good emeralds, i know plenty of decent ambers. Give me those players if their MMR is good enough to give me a “fairer” match.

Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Ashron Valhalla.8369

Lot of top teams have this famous “amber friend” not only 55 dragons and everyone knows he’s here to drag down global MMR to get easier match-up. How can we speak about “e-sport” with this kind of unsporting behavior?

(edited by Ashron Valhalla.8369)

in PvP

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

ppl have right to queue up with anyone they want

Anway with this necro and rev you were done from the start…

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I think rank should be no weight in determining MM. Right now it account for 50% of MMR. I also think they shouldn’t show it at the end of the match.

If you are good, and your premade is good, then average the MMR for that and bump it up by more than 2% per teammate in the same party. Then match agaisnt someone with the same or around MMR without taking into account divisions either.

I dont mind fighting diamonds, I do mind being given team mates that just farmed to sapphire and the MM thinking they are good just because they got there. I know plenty of good emeralds, i know plenty of decent ambers. Give me those players if their MMR is good enough to give me a “fairer” match.

I vaguely remember reading that the matchmaker already inflates your MMR if you’re in a team.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Ashron Valhalla.8369

of course you can queue with anyone you want, but here it’s for abusing system

in PvP

Fortus.6175

I vaguely remember reading that the matchmaker already inflates your MMR if you’re in a team.

Yah, it does. How much seems unknown, but according to their data it works.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3vdaxe/slug/cxn6o9k?context=3

Imho? it doesnt for the most part. I think the fact that pros are using fresh F2P accounts mess up the rating, and MMR is not volatile enough to rank them in time. The outliers seem to mess up their system quite hard.

Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Can i be a top team’s “Amber Friend”?

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Arutha.9874

Hi so are we all in agreement though that this would not cause any problems if wins losses always awarded +1 and -1 points respectively?

The percentage of good players with amber rank is exactly the same as the percentage of good players with low MMR, because in both cases these “PRO” players had to buy a new account or just start playing to be that low.

In any case that team’s MMR is equal to yours even if that Amber player was diamond with bad MMR.
And if that really is a bad player / starter that you lost to then it is your teams fault that they lost a 5v4 no matter how many diamond players there are in the opposing team.

And Fortus, 50% really? Are you serious? If you have this magic knowledge please go update the wiki page on gw2s matchmaking…

in PvP

Arutha.9874

Again people need to stop pointing the finger at “he is Amber D-:”

This is a stable system so long as the pip +- is stable, which it will be if the opposing teams MMR is approximately equal which it will be because that is the goal of the Match maker and the OP has shown no indication that it is failing.

Now I do suggest that for that win the opp team receive 0 pips for the diamond 3 pips for the Amber and 1 pip for the rubies, but that is a different discussion.

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

Wait what? According to TyrnotianYeti or w/e his name is, only NA was doing this. EU does this too??

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Wait what? According to TyrnotianYeti or w/e his name is, only NA was doing this. EU does this too??

Looks like disease reached our candy land ;(
You see, we will get more and more kittenty behaviour (known as exploiting) if abusers aren’t punished…

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3w7ptt/first_eu_player_reached_legend_doing_the_mmr/

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer