How to catch ele?

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

For me (necro) ele is most untouchable class (if he knows how to play ofc). Even with engineers i don’t have such problem.

Ele have too many different block, knockback, stun, move skills. When he is on low hp – he just move in 2k range in bloody second and i’m unable to chase him.

I’m understand for being good on ele you have to properly use all 4 bars, but still, so OP.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

How to you catch anything on a necro…

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

How to catch ele? Play almost any other class in the game. Our mobility is so bad now it’s not exactly hard.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Chill/Immobilize. Dead ele incoming.

For a longre read – Elementalists have 3 abilities that move you.
Ride the Lightning
Burning Speed
Lightning Flash

Out of 3 of those, 2 are negated with Immobilize (Ride the Lightning, Burning Speed) but only 1 is affected by Chill (Burning Speed).

Ride the lightning and Lightning Flash can be used by any elementalist that has a dagger offhand and slots Lightning Flash as a utility, Burning Speed is by dagger mainhand. Both Ride the Lightning and Lightning Flash have a cooldown of 40 seconds (if the elementalist uses Ride the Lightning to escape).

Otherwise there are no more movement skills. Learn to recognize when an elementalist will use Ride the Lightning (most often when he is around 50% health or has a lot of conditions on him) and will switch to air. Use an immobilize then and then he will not move anywhere and also be stuck for 3 seconds.

Hope this helps.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

A necro calling an ele op, now I’ve seen it all.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

For me (necro) ele is most untouchable class (if he knows how to play ofc). Even with engineers i don’t have such problem.

Ele have too many different block, knockback, stun, move skills. When he is on low hp – he just move in 2k range in bloody second and i’m unable to chase him.

I’m understand for being good on ele you have to properly use all 4 bars, but still, so OP.

Either trolling or super bad

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

When you think they’re about to rtl chill them with staff #3 Then when they do go to DS and #2 it will port you to them like 900units away? and then omg Do a lot of fun stuff spam all your condis fear fear fear and PLEASE After he mists PLAGE STOMP HIM

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

>Blocking

I’m sorry, what?

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

it’s called a warrior, brah.

For necro, you could pop on some swiftness, signet of locust and hop into DS and do Dark Path or just before your target gets too far away, pull em back with Spectral Grasp.

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Sigh..
Ele blocks?

Sigh..
Ele’s mobility was nerfed really hard. If you can’t catch an ele, I don’t how you can catch a thief/ranger/warrior/guardian.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

• Dark Path for a teleport.
  • Chilblains , Spinal Shiver for chill.
  • Spectral Walk for swiftness.
  • Locust Swarm is the best skill for chasing enemies. You got swiftness to speed you up and you got cripple to slow the enemy down. You can also use Wail of Doom to stop players from leaping away. You can get a nice lifesteal when traited 15 to Blood Magic.
  • Spectral Grasp if you want a pull.
  • Doom and other shutdown skills to keep your enemies where you want them.
  • Tainted Shackles a on-demand immobilization and Torment to punish enemies that moves.
  • Minions like Bone Fiend and Flesh golem have a auto- attack that causes cripple.
  • Signet of the Locust for a faster speed.
  • Dark Pact for immobilization. This is best combined with Locust Swarm. When you immobilize the enemy, you are now able to chase the enemy player. Put up Locust swarm as well, this way when the Immobilization is gone, the enemy is crippled while you have swiftness.

If you are letting enemies go as a Necromancer, you are just plain bad. We do not need fancy leaps and gap closers to chase enemies. Spam these condis on them and then they can never escape.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

>Blocking

I’m sorry, what?

Yes Ele can!

But I assume that OP is talking about Mistform.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

When I saw the title, I thought someone bumped a 6 month old thread. :P

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

>Blocking

I’m sorry, what?

Yes Ele can!

But I assume that OP is talking about Mistform.

Yeah, I thought about it awhile afterwards.

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: SonOfKrypton.4357

SonOfKrypton.4357

TL DR;
Necromancers are the rodents of GW2. Who cares if you don’t get a kill you’re safe if the Elementalist runs regardless.

Necromancer is the most overpowered class in the game at the moment. It’s not the Elementalist’s fault that you can’t catch him/her.

I like to think that the Necromancer having no mobility is balanced by the amount of skill that is required to play the class.

Perhaps ArenaNet figures that if you can’t play the easiest class in the game and kill your opponent in 5 seconds flat then you don’t deserve the kill.

Have you ever thought that people might run away cause they don’t want to have to deal with all the condition spam that erupts from the Necromancer’s staff when he presses 2, 3, 4, and 5?

I personally don’t bother with them. Such a waste of my time. As soon as they fear me away I assume they’re trying to put distance between us and just keep running in that direction.

Why do you care if you get the kill anyway? If the Elementalist is gone, you’re safe either way, he can’t do damage if he’s running and you’re free to go back to raising minions and practising dark arts or whatever it is Necromancers do.

Attempting to contact arenanet.support seeking counselling expenses.

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

not sure if serious… he is asking how to catch ele and not how to catch warrior?

oh well, he dont need to catch warrior, because warrior dont need to run away, instead of ele…

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

This is the best thread on the boards bar none, commendations in order to the OP for his keen and sparkling insight.

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

I find it harder to catch warriors and thieves than eles in this meta. But then again, if you’re a necro, you don’t try and chase anyone anyway. Really. XD

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Jackial.2457

Jackial.2457

Is not the Eles being OP, is you being UP.
Necros is almost a counter-profession to Eles atm.

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Sometimes i have the same problem..As a Ranger.Ele no matter what they say are good in escaping..They can heal with Water attunment and move pretty fast with teleports and kittens….Still tho why to catch or chase an Ele.Its a conquest game.As long as hes not capping your point why to bother?Why bother chasing any class?Didnt you realize?Conquest sucks..Its not like LoL or any other moba where you find someone unprepared, you kill him and you get an advantage…In GW2 if you dont cap points you lose, and by capping means that you may never kill anyone at all….

Those boring homepoint BM Ranger dayz..Where you stood in your homepoint, noone came cause they couldnt beat you and you couldnt join a teamfight cause you had 0 team support.So you stayed on one point doing nothing at all……Yeee Fun

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Haha, necro complaining about ele.
Just stay on your point.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Why do you even want to catch an ele? You can just sit there spamming kitten and kill him, if he goes away another war/necro/s/d thief is going to kik him to doom somewhere else..

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Greek.4396

Greek.4396

you can use signet of spite that takes all the skill of a condi build and combines it into one easy skill that does everything!!!!

Heck it will even wash your car, do the dishes, and fold your clothes too!

Server – Blackgate | Rev Main
Main Guild – oPP/RIOT/yumy(Booty Bakery)
IGN- Greek Kenpachi | Champion Ritualist

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Flamfloz.6732

Flamfloz.6732

The plague.

How to catch ele?

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

you can use signet of spite that takes all the skill of a condi build and combines it into one easy skill that does everything!!!!

Heck it will even wash your car, do the dishes, and fold your clothes too!

Awesome, I should make remake a Necro. had to erase mine to make room for an Engineer.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.