How to check my skill level?

in PvP

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Before the leaderboard ranked by MMR so I could compare myself to other people. Now it seems that LB rank is based on points which depends on how much I play. So my question is is there any way to check my MMR or my skill like before?

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in PvP

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

How determine your skill level:
You wave your hands and make it up.
Try to mention that you’ve played over 2 years on 1 class – basically saying time put in automatically equals you having skill. *
Or you say you’re better than X and X is better than Y so transitively you’re better than Y.

*(Yes, if you put time towards something, actively trying to get better at it then you will. But people develop skills at different rates. And if you put in time but don’t actively try to better yourself then you could have not put in any time in at all. So, telling someone you played 2 years of only class X in pvp it’s not really a clear indication of skill – though hopefully you’re a bit better than you were 2 years ago.)

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Your skill level is a combination of how mechanically inclined you are, your ability to play with teammates, your ability to play against opponents, and your knowledge of maps and their objectives.

You cannot simply say “this is my skill level” because it doesn’t really exist that way.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I recently got matched against a well known player in NA, so I automatically assume I am in the top echelon :P

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

(edited by Sube Dai.8496)

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

You judge your skill level by fighting me. If you win your class is OP and needs nerfed. If I win you’re just bad and need to learn how to play because your build obviously counters mine. Good luck!

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

You judge your skill level by fighting me. If you win your class is OP and needs nerfed. If I win you’re just bad and need to learn how to play because your build obviously counters mine. Good luck!

Pvp in a nutshell.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

you’re above average like everyone else

in PvP

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Pvp in a nutshell.

One – Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Before the leaderboard ranked by MMR so I could compare myself to other people. Now it seems that LB rank is based on points which depends on how much I play. So my question is is there any way to check my MMR or my skill like before?

The more AP ( Achievement points ) you have the better you are at PvP.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream