How to deal with teams that summon AIs?

in PvP

Posted by: Kharne.8613

Kharne.8613

The question is pretty much in the title. I’ve ran into this issue many times now, how do you deal with armies of shambling horrors, mesmer illusions and rangers with their pets? I struggle getting even close to them and aoes just never seem to hit any of them because of the targets limits.

in PvP

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Positioning, timing your dodges, cleave/aoes, if it’s only 1 enemy with those, shouldn’t be too big a deal generally.
For Mesmer clones, watch when they all converge on you, dodge out.
Necro minions don’t bother me much, aside from the golem KD. Should just be able to cleave these.
Ranger pets.. Treat em as another weaker player, watch where they are, but focus on the ranger. Movement skills, blinks, keep moving, pet attacks don’t hit as easily.

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Positioning, timing your dodges, cleave/aoes, if it’s only 1 enemy with those, shouldn’t be too big a deal generally.
For Mesmer clones, watch when they all converge on you, dodge out.
Necro minions don’t bother me much, aside from the golem KD. Should just be able to cleave these.
Ranger pets.. Treat em as another weaker player, watch where they are, but focus on the ranger. Movement skills, blinks, keep moving, pet attacks don’t hit as easily.

You should dodge into the shatter for a mesmer. Otherwise you’ll still likely get hit. You’re invlun for the dodge frames so you trigger the shatter without taking damage if you dodge into the converging illusions. As for mesmer phantasams attacking, simple watch and they’ll pause shortly before attacking. You have quite a while to respond.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in PvP

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Ooh good to know. I even play Mesmer but never paid attention to that lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I find necro minions the worst because there are so many. If you lose the necro target you have to cycle through all the minions to get them again.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Moa Transform hard-counters Minion Necros

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long