How to fight DH premades/soloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Tired of all the complaints and bad rotations so here you go.

What you need to know
F2 Wings of Resolve – cleanses & 4k heals
F3 Shield of Courage – blocks 5s
Renewed Focus – invuln 3s

Purification – A heal that triggers on activation.

Unless you’re a Rev + Thief + Ranger duo or trio burst champs, you’ll likely not touch a Guard for at least 13 seconds minimum or longer if his Purification triggers.
If DH are on 1-hander weapon sets, pressure in moderation while kiting him the best you can as stacked symbols deal quite a bit of aoe damages. Make him drop Purification in a place where it will less likely trigger. Force him to eventually strafe in that area, limiting his Smite Condition, melee range, etc. A half healthed DH means he can be retargeted and focused down.

If he uses LB? Have Thief or Rev or Mesmer pressure burst him the moment he swaps to that weapon set. It has such ridiculously 0 defenses that DH is forced to use virtues and dodge rolls immediately, leaving him defenseless later as he’ll quickly run out of defensive options in 10s.

Vs Stacked DH team
Force the DH skirmish to fight off point, strafing and forcing him to place traps in areas away from clutter. Space out equally around the skirmish so you can force the multiple DH’s to place traps in unwanted areas. Their first F1 pull should fail given classes stability passives or team member’s stability boon. It’s imperative to focus burst after their traps finalize and after their F3 but be mindful of their cds in the fight.

DH Pro – Cons
DH bigger weaknesses are Rev, Druid and +1 Thieves. Play sides with these classes to split their comp up and burst when DH has limited cds.

DH themselves can excell vs everyone except Revs & Rangers. Good Wars could out play DH by bursting us at half health + cc. Same goes for Mes but makes for a tougher fight. Ele doesn’t stand a chance.

I said prepatch that DH needed Virtue changes to increase our sustains but no one beleived me, not even Arken. Now DH sustains better and players wonder why… well our weaknesses lessened; F2 & F3 no longer gets interrupted randomly and other classes received their minor shave of nerfs which was good. But…

• 1-hander symbols could use a 5% to 7% damage nerf as it’s AoE is slightly better than Hammer. That’s because it goes through reflect & DH F3 block effects, making it ideal.
  • That said, Hammer trait hydromancy needs a 100% hit rate on crits rather than 50% because the burst needed during the right clutch moments isn’t there.

Ele needs their bruiser buffs now that Clerics are removed and Engi needs.. idk, it feels like they’re missing something..

This isn’t a “omg you solved the mystery” post, there’s just so many players who simply have no clue how to fight DH… let alone multiple ones in SoloQ.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: kornfanxxx.9143

kornfanxxx.9143

uhm, ele’s were the one thing that made dh’s useless, last season, projectile hate, straight up reflects, and invulns made dh’s a laughable matchup. can’t say they can KILL a dh, but i still SERIOUSLY doubt a dh could kill a competent magi ele.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

If the Guardian is smart and maintains Retaliation the elementalit will destroy itself forcing it to run around purely defending itself from eminent death.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

I said prepatch that DH needed Virtue changes to increase our sustains but no one beleived me, not even Arken. Now DH sustains better and players wonder why… well our weaknesses lessened; F2 & F3 no longer gets interrupted randomly and other classes received their minor shave of nerfs which was good. But…

• 1-hander symbols could use a 5% to 7% damage nerf as it’s AoE is slightly better than Hammer. That’s because it goes through reflect & DH F3 block effects, making it ideal.
  • That said, Hammer trait hydromancy needs a 100% hit rate on crits rather than 50% because the burst needed during the right clutch moments isn’t there.

Ele needs their bruiser buffs now that Clerics are removed and Engi needs.. idk, it feels like they’re missing something..

This isn’t a “omg you solved the mystery” post, there’s just so many players who simply have no clue how to fight DH… let alone multiple ones in SoloQ.

“Lessened weaknesses”

understatement of the year. Dragonhunter has literally no weaknesses whatsoever now. they have no problem against condition specs, they have no problem against power specs, they have no problem against CC, they have no problem against anything.

tactics wise, they have no weakness against kiting (the only profession that can kite them is Druid, everything else doesn’t even come close to having the ranged pressure needed to do this, and this is barely doable for even good Druids), attrition, heavy pressure, or burst. they can respond to all of it.

the worst part is that it’s completely unskillful too. there’s absolutely no worry with managing CDs because you can just rotate through them all without issue, and the tiny gaps between those are covered by the passive traits you guys can freely invest in; and if people do manage to cut through the avalanche of mitigation DH has, they can just heal to full with Purification/Wings of Resolve, which now are pretty much free casts thanks to the additional stability they now have.

we went from having barely any DHs in ranked to there always being at least 2-4 in every single game. we’ve seen this happen before with most professions: Elementalist, Engineer, Warrior, Mesmer, and Revenant namely- and they’ve all been nerfed as a result. a mere 5-7% damage nerf on Symbol DH won’t dent it in the slightest.

If DH are on 1-hander weapon sets, pressure in moderation while kiting him the best you can as stacked symbols deal quite a bit of aoe damages. Make him drop Purification in a place where it will less likely trigger. Force him to eventually strafe in that area, limiting his Smite Condition, melee range, etc. A half healthed DH means he can be retargeted and focused down.

1. your suggestion for playing against Purification is impossible in conquest. a good DH will almost always drop it on point. poison wont work either because of Smiter’s Boon and Hunter’s Fortification.
2. you can’t kite a Symbol DH. they can close gaps pretty easily and Scepter can handily respond to most ranged weapons, they also have various shields and blocks which again makes this a bad idea for anyone save for Druid.

the unavoidable truth is that Purification needs to be nerfed to either not heal if the trap doesn’t actually hit a player or just get nerfed in overall healing. aegis/stability up-time needs nerfs. S/F + Sc/Sh needs a 10-15% minimum overall damage nerf. these sets are just outright too defensively substantive to be doing the kind of damage they do.

Symbol DH now parallels pre-nerfs Scrapper 1:1 – way too much healing, way too much damage, way too much mitigation (blocks/condi cleanse/stability); therefore DH should be treated with nerfs as Scrapper was. it’s that simple.

in PvP

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

sinject.4607 Every single season after HoT is on low division many DH and why ? Noobs dont learn this game. I have zero problem with DH when i play Revenant,Necromancer,Engineer,Ranger or Mesmer.

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

in PvP

sinject.4607

sinject.4607 Every single season after HoT is on low division many DH and why ? Noobs dont learn this game. I have zero problem with DH when i play Revenant,Necromancer,Engineer,Ranger or Mesmer.

your insight is as good as your English. come back when you improve both.

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

It’s quite simple: The best way to fight a Dragonhunter is to play a Dragonhunter.

Attachments:

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

balance :

healing trap needs a nerf either the cast time or allow people to dodge it and maybe prevent minions active it .

fix f1 pull

reduce healing power gain from block from 50 to 30 or reduce the the lasting time for each stack (prefer late change )

increase sword 2 cd but make sword 3 mobile

scepter 3 could be something like thief wire , work same way as it is but with clear visual effect .

reduce heal from f2 or reduce the condi removal from 2 to 1

make f3 active effect :reapply aegis to guard and allies every second , with current version it just looks cool but very buggy to use or play against .also its crazy how you could use it then channel buff in temple

longbow 5: stunbreak teleport skill should let player fly away without more knockdown .
Hunter’s Fortification, damage reduce should be around 7% or 5% .

Hunter’s Determination is too strong but idk what to do with it , with nerfs above it should be fine .

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

snip

The meta may change but Sinject will never change……thief is fine nerf the rest..by a thief

one thing is sure..after dragonhunter you’ll come here asking for nerfs on druid …ofc mesmer/rev and thief are fine as they are and if you die to them it’s because you’re noob and ele is completely fine no need to buffs, the nerfs were justified

By

Sinject Thief Supremacy Pro Campaigner since..forever

PLs nerf rock, paper is fine

Yours faithfully

Scissor

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

snip

The meta may change but Sinject will never change……thief is fine nerf the rest..by a thief

one thing is sure..after dragonhunter you’ll come here asking for nerfs on druid …ofc mesmer/rev and thief are fine as they are and if you die to them it’s because you’re noob and ele is completely fine no need to buffs, the nerfs were justified

By

Yours faithfully

Scissor

Sounds like atleast 98 percent of the players who still plays GW2’s sPvP as a competitive sport. All competitiveness has left this mode soon as ANet’s sPvP dev team threw up their hands and told us, they can’t balance sPvP they can only add and take out amulets and runes.

I still can’t comprehend how these players act like there is any type of competitive action here still. There as much competitive action in GW2’s now that there is in Pokemon GO.

Far as DH goes only a few classes can deal with them, which is good. However try to get PUGs to switch classes before the final bell rings. I mean come on Traps that are that powerful and cover %98 of the point is just bad conquest pvp design. Either the capture point should be bigger or the traps should maybe only take up half of the point.

Also until ANet decides to allow the sPvP dev team to make separate balances to their game mode. It’ll continuously be viewed as the greatest successful attempt at pushing most, of the GW2’s competitive sPvP players away to other action sPvP games. There are other words I like to say but at this point ANet moderators are just have a bulls-eyes on me(which I give only a little care about).

TL:DR

If you are finding yourself suck in the illusion that GW2’s sPvP mode is anything competitive, or that any other real sPvP game just is too “Grindy” because they make you play many many hundreds of matches before allowing you into their Ranked systems. I challenge you to ask your self why do you even care about making other classes inferior to yours. I challenge you to ask your self why do you think that your class should even come close to being face roll them all class. I challenge you to ask your self other then the legendary back piece what are your looking for in this game’s sPvP system that others can’t give you. I challenge you to ask yourself are you even looking for a sPvP system to flaunt your skills, or a system where you can put the minimal effort into and mostly plays itself for your victories. I challenge you just evaluate yourself as sPvPer. Are you really a sPvPer or are you just a PvEer. One that is looking for the absolute easiest and cheesiest playing ground in gaming without using CE and macros.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I just bring full balls to the wall DPS rifle war/berserker with double might sig, and gun them down.

Then I have to hope the rest of my team don’t die to all the DH’s and fight for the points.

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

balance :

healing trap needs a nerf either the cast time or allow people to dodge it and maybe prevent minions active it .

fix f1 pull

reduce healing power gain from block from 50 to 30 or reduce the the lasting time for each stack (prefer late change )

scepter 3 could be something like thief wire , work same way as it is but with clear visual effect .

make f3 active effect :reapply aegis to guard and allies every second , with current version it just looks cool but very buggy to use or play against .also its crazy how you could use it then channel buff in temple

longbow 5: stunbreak teleport skill should let player fly away without more knockdown .

Hunter’s Determination is too strong but idk what to do with it , with nerfs above it should be fine .

These are all awful changes, I’m sorry but you don’t understand anything about class balance. DH is in a ok spot right now, other classes like Mesmer and Rev outshine them. All the complaining is a L2P issue. Hopefully Anet doesn’t give into absurd whining such as this.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

balance :

fix f1 pull

These are all awful changes, I’m sorry but you don’t understand anything about class balance. DH is in a ok spot right now, other classes like Mesmer and Rev outshine them. All the complaining is a L2P issue. Hopefully Anet doesn’t give into absurd whining such as this.

ANet as lately will give in. It’s the only way that ANet can keep the casuals or noncompetitive sPvPers interested in sPvP in GW2. More so since ANet and the sPvP community effectively pushed most of the competitive players away from this game’s sPvP. ANet is now forced to cater to the casuals or risk their sPvP mode’s even earlier and untimely death.

If you want real sPvP action then you have to play a real sPvP game that supports balancing their sPvP system. Other then that, all is in vain.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

sinject.4607

snip

By

Yours faithfully

Scissor

way to completely ignore any of the points i put forward and then try to be cute about it.

the only people that ever say the tired old “you’re just paper asking for nerf to scissors!!!” argument are people playing/defending stupid builds that have always gotten nerfed. it’s a lazy way to try and invalidate the other side of the argument and nothing more. I have never campaigned for a nerf that hasn’t happened, because unlike you I’m able to articulate my reasoning and am able to identify things that are objectively overpowered. you aren’t contributing anything but your bitterness to this conversation.

you’re the only person I’ve ever heard complain about thief that hasn’t just got the game. Herald and Chronomancer are only slightly overtuned, but the fact you try to defend Druid and Dragonhunter as balanced shows you have such a distorted perspective on balance that nobody should take you seriously.

after dominating each meta since I can remember, I really don’t care if ele is dead. the profession has done nothing but push cancerous gameplay since the dawn of celestial d/d.

you must be in water attunement irl to cry this much.

“there are two other overpowered professions this makes mine okay”.

don’t have a joke for you, your argument is already funny enough.

(edited by sinject.4607)

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

@sinject.4607 I couldn’t have said this better myself. Well said. I’ve been talking about the DH/Druid issue for a while now.

in PvP

Posted by: DesuNyan.4783

DesuNyan.4783

Currently in the high lvl game.

Druid>Rev>Mesmer>Ele=Warr=DH=Thief
Engi and Necro are weird, engi has great sustain but just it gets randomly bursted now, a good player can still do offpoint bunker to annoying lvls.
Necro is just instantly taken out qutie a bit.

NOT COUNTING SAID WORLD QUALIFIERS NECRO+ENGI COMP. That has not popped up for me in yolo que yet thankfully.

in PvP

sinject.4607

Druid>Rev>Mesmer>Ele=Warr=DH=Thief

here’s an actual ranking:

s-tier: (overpowered)
Beserker = Dragonhunter = Druid > Chronomancer = Herald

a-tier: (well balanced)
Daredevil = Reaper = Scrapper

b-tier: (slightly underpowered)
Tempest

c-tier: (underpowered)
Few Non-Elite builds

d-tier: (unusable)
Most Non-Elite builds

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Again you read my mind. This is 100% what I have observed.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashamir.9574

Ashamir.9574

Nice how OP never once mentions the word “scrapper” in their post.

Scrappers are cancer to Dragonshunters. They can block projectiles, they have tons of sustain, they have easy stuns available, they can either moa DHs or go invis, and they also pack tons of condis.

Condis kill a Dragonhunter.

A Meditrapper has 3 condi removes: the F2 (Wings of Resolve), 1 ultility (Smite Condition or Contemplation of Purity), and the healing trap (Purification; heals only through trait that grants Smite Conditions on healing ability). That’s usually 6 condis cleansed.

Since they are running Marauder’s amulet they will die from condi if they can’t remover them or have a healer nearby. Blocks work on physical damage, but condi ticks on.

As a Necro just kite the dragonhunter with staff. Unless it is your point and there is no other team mate there to keep it capped just stay away from the DH. “You can’t kite a DH” only applies if the DH doesn’t need to hold the point. If they have to they are rooted in there, can’t port to you as then they leave the point open, and so 1 of their weapon sets as well as their traps are petty useless. Apply condis to them from the sidelines and once they run ot of cleanse byebye.
If you have to engage then wait for the traps to be on CD, go shroud, 5+4 and nuke them down. Don’t stay melee. Don’t let them knock you back with the LB.

Druid was already mentioned here. A good bunker Druid laughs in the face of a DH. They have too much sustain, they can disengage with stealth if necessary, they stun you like a kitten, and ofc some taunt you with their HoT pets that deal enough to damage to be potentionally very dangerous to a marauder. Not to mention the stability to walk through traps.

What else? A Mesmer packs a good ammount of condi and one well-placed shatter can be the end of the DH. Again, blocks are useless to condi and they have all the daze to make your life hell. Also moa.

A Dragonhunter is easy to predict: they place traps on the point, they wait for you to come in range, they pull you with Spear of Justice (F1) and then knock you back right away with LB. Test of Faith does the most damage if you cross it’s border, that’s why that combination hurts so much.
If they are good or simply lucky their traps will off CD again at that point, so they port to you with Sword 2 (Symbol of Blades) or Judge’s Intervention and put them right beneath your feet this time. Game over.

Dodge through the point initially, go into there invuln (distortion, blocks, whatever) or send a pet/minion there to activate the traps. Only go melee after they placed their traps and they were activated. All traps have 20 sec+ CD so that’s your time to burst them down.

The Symbolic DH differs to the Maurauder only slightly.
They lack the “virtues” trait so no stunbreak and stability on F3, and a weaker F2 that doesn’t heal condis of their allies. Also they cleanse condis with blocks and take less damage if they don’t have condis on them. Be aware that their symbols are larger, last longer, and heal allies.

Symbols and traps are where their damage comes from. The sword symbol gives fury, the scepter symbol might. Don’t stand in the symbol, and try to not fight them while they are standing in it.

If you know how the class works a DH isn’t that hard to kill (unless you are a thief or ele).

Yesterday moring (EU) I killed an enemy DH with my DH 1 vs 1 in 15-20 seconds (mid-sapphire). Why? The person didn’t have experience with the class. They knew the mechanics of block, pull and play traps, but their utilization was sloppy. You can easily tell the difference between a person that knows how the class works and a guy who just picked it because it’s an easy, viable build now.

Don’t whine about something that kills you simply because you don’t know how it works.

(edited by Ashamir.9574)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

There are 2-3 DHs on every team in ruby right now….

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Supreme.3164

snip

By

Yours faithfully

Scissor

way to completely ignore any of the points i put forward and then try to be cute about it.

the only people that ever say the tired old “you’re just paper asking for nerf to scissors!!!” argument are people playing/defending stupid builds that have always gotten nerfed. it’s a lazy way to try and invalidate the other side of the argument and nothing more. I have never campaigned for a nerf that hasn’t happened, because unlike you I’m able to articulate my reasoning and am able to identify things that are objectively overpowered. you aren’t contributing anything but your bitterness to this conversation.

you’re the only person I’ve ever heard complain about thief that hasn’t just got the game. Herald and Chronomancer are only slightly overtuned, but the fact you try to defend Druid and Dragonhunter as balanced shows you have such a distorted perspective on balance that nobody should take you seriously.

after dominating each meta since I can remember, I really don’t care if ele is dead. the profession has done nothing but push cancerous gameplay since the dawn of celestial d/d.

you must be in water attunement irl to cry this much.

“there are two other overpowered professions this makes mine okay”.

don’t have a joke for you, your argument is already funny enough.

Hmm…do you realize that there will be always a spec that will eat thieves? If such a spec doesn’t exist..thieves get nerfed hard enough for that spec to exist..how can I ever lose?^^

http://imgur.com/a/h8o4T

Multiclassing is the perfect road to eternal victory my friend.

in PvP

Posted by: DesuNyan.4783

DesuNyan.4783

Yes non-hot specs are still unviable, tho funnily while i was still in ruby we had quite a few wins with a non-hot guardian.

Berserker is not OP in Spvp, its impact in quite a few matches is lacking in some senses, I’d rather a thief who knows what they are doing then a berserker.

Saying reaper is balanced is also wrong, bursted hard, HARD like I swear I can’t play mine because if im soloing I just get 1 thief/rev combo rotating on me all day killing me, its just that reaper has no invulnerability frames other then dodge and port with flesh wurm, just damage and cc. Still best source of boon corrupt in the other game, if a tankier class gets better access to boon corrupt, they lose their place entirely.

Once again not counting downstate necro build. Nos is a god for using necro last season.

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

Every game…even in the higher ruby bracket (at present) features nothing but DHs.

There is a minimum of 3 and usually 5 per game. It’s a total cluster….

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

“Lessened weaknesses”

understatement of the year. Dragonhunter has literally no weaknesses whatsoever now.

Was speaking in relation of prepatch to post patch, our weaknesses prepatch was addressed but other classes received nerfs as well.

tactics wise, they have no weakness against kiting (the only profession that can kite them is Druid, everything else doesn’t even come close to having the ranged pressure needed to do this, and this is barely doable for even good Druids), attrition, heavy pressure, or burst. they can respond to all of it.

You’re right, we can respond to most instances. So can Rev, War & Druids. Our weaknesses are the same as Revs. Only differences, Revs skill floor is higher and I absolutely wish DH was at that level mechanically.

1. your suggestion for playing against Purification is impossible in conquest. a good DH will almost always drop it on point. poison wont work either because of Smiter’s Boon and Hunter’s Fortification.
2. you can’t kite a Symbol DH. they can close gaps pretty easily and Scepter can handily respond to most ranged weapons, they also have various shields and blocks which again makes this a bad idea for anyone save for Druid.

the unavoidable truth is that Purification needs to be nerfed to either not heal if the trap doesn’t actually hit a player or just get nerfed in overall healing. aegis/stability up-time needs nerfs. S/F + Sc/Sh needs a 10-15% minimum overall damage nerf. these sets are just outright too defensively substantive to be doing the kind of damage they do.

You have to look at what was changed on DH and what was nerfed on other classes. You can’t think like a Thief when it comes to balances. Here’s an example:

• Symbols were added to Sword&Scepter post patch. Prepatch, we had issues with Engi due to all of his reflects but now Symbols do full damage despite his shielding. This is an easy fix without even touching dh 1-handers, it’s an Engi thing. It will also further support his allies on point, limiting DH 1-handers a bit.
  • Engineer’s bursts were also nerfed. This means he can’t burst DH quicker, forcing us to use a cd sooner. Less bursts means our cds have time to recover quicker. Anet has a habit to turn burst damages on a class into residual. The issue is the residual looks fine on paper but you just increased the time it takes to kill – dh sustains longer than scrappers in a 1v1 due to scraps lesser dmges.

I think traps in general should have half radius, 40% reduced cooldown but have less damages in compensation so the skill factor improves rather than it being faceroll in lower tiers. That I can agree on but i’m not entirely sure if that’s the right route to take.

Actually I briefly said, “they were missing something”. I didn’t go into much detail because it didn’t matter at the time. DH obliterates them 1v1, it’s not even funn

(prepatch we actually got them below 20% health in competitive dueling on meta builds before we died. Now their nerfs and our buffs made the gap too big in the Guard’s favor.)

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Purification is the only thing that makes the build so strong imho

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Supreme.3164

“Lessened weaknesses”

understatement of the year. Dragonhunter has literally no weaknesses whatsoever now.

Was speaking in relation of prepatch to post patch, our weaknesses prepatch was addressed but other classes received nerfs as well.

You’re right, we can respond to most instances. So can Rev, War & Druids. Our weaknesses are the same as Revs. Only differences, Revs skill floor is higher and I absolutely wish DH was at that level mechanically.

You have to look at what was changed on DH and what was nerfed on other classes. You can’t think like a Thief when it comes to balances. Here’s an example:

• Symbols were added to Sword&Scepter post patch. Prepatch, we had issues with Engi due to all of his reflects but now Symbols do full damage despite his shielding. This is an easy fix without even touching dh 1-handers, it’s an Engi thing. It will also further support his allies on point, limiting DH 1-handers a bit.
  • Engineer’s bursts were also nerfed. This means he can’t burst DH quicker, forcing us to use a cd sooner. Less bursts means our cds have time to recover quicker. Anet has a habit to turn burst damages on a class into residual. The issue is the residual looks fine on paper but you just increased the time it takes to kill – dh sustains longer than scrappers in a 1v1 due to scraps lesser dmges.

I think traps in general should have half radius, 40% reduced cooldown but have less damages in compensation so the skill factor improves rather than it being faceroll in lower tiers. That I can agree on but i’m not entirely sure if that’s the right route to take.

Actually I briefly said, “they were missing something”. I didn’t go into much detail because it didn’t matter at the time. DH obliterates them 1v1, it’s not even funn

(prepatch we actually got them below 20% health in competitive dueling on meta builds before we died. Now their nerfs and our buffs made the gap too big in the Guard’s favor.)

Do you realize that dragon hunter is the only thing currently keeping in check DD and chronomancers?

Nobody anymore save dh can hold a point now, a chronomancer would drop a gravity well and just spam shatter till you won’t die or force you out of the point, portal/sb for quick map rotation and nothing that can stop them 1vs1 at equal skill level.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

No it isn’t with the DH condition removal trait on block Shelter can do wonders with a good blocking rotation but most of the masses prefer a massive heal to account for all the damage they don’t dodge because… they don’t really have to… In short it is a strong heal compared to all the others yes but they still have equivalent options upon its removal.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

“Lessened weaknesses”

Do you realize that dragon hunter is the only thing currently keeping in check DD and chronomancers?

Nobody anymore save dh can hold a point now, a chronomancer would drop a gravity well and just spam shatter till you won’t die or force you out of the point, portal/sb for quick map rotation and nothing that can stop them 1vs1 at equal skill level.

It’s so easy to force a chrono off point it’s not funny.

And they’re far easier/quicker to DPS down than a DH currently.

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

As a Necro just kite the dragonhunter with staff. Unless it is your point and there is no other team mate there to keep it capped just stay away from the DH. “You can’t kite a DH” only applies if the DH doesn’t need to hold the point. If they have to they are rooted in there, can’t port to you as then they leave the point open, and so 1 of their weapon sets as well as their traps are petty useless. Apply condis to them from the sidelines and once they run ot of cleanse byebye.
If you have to engage then wait for the traps to be on CD, go shroud, 5+4 and nuke them down. Don’t stay melee. Don’t let them knock you back with the LB.

you do realize the goal of the game is to hold a point right? so if the enemy is always holding 2 points on a 3 point map they win. since your forced to kite the dragon hunter and he never has to leave the point because hurr necro cant force me off.and since they can just pull you into their traps what good does running do?

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Ashamir.9574

Ashamir.9574

you do realize the goal of the game is to hold a point right? so if the enemy is always holding 2 points on a 3 point map they win. since your forced to kite the dragon hunter and he never has to leave the point because hurr necro cant force me off.and since they can just pull you into their traps what good does running do?

Did you read at all what I said? Serious question.

You don’t force the DH off. You kite them with condis and at some point they will go low or down because they don’t have the cleanse to deal with constant condis. Then you go melee with shroud to kill them.
Their most effective weapon are their traps. You stay out of them = they can’t do kitten to you.
And please don’t tell we that you can’t dodge one simple Spear of Justice – because if that’s the case all the advise here will be useless for you.

in PvP

Velimere.7685

And please don’t tell we that you can’t dodge one simple Spear of Justice – because if that’s the case all the advise here will be useless for you.

What? Spear of Justice is impossible to intentionally dodge. If you manage to dodge it, it’s by random luck.

in PvP

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

What? Spear of Justice is impossible to intentionally dodge. If you manage to dodge it, it’s by random luck.

?? Spear of Justice is slow projectile = easy to dodge. I guess you mean Hunter’s Verdict =)

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

in PvP

Velimere.7685

?? Spear of Justice is slow projectile = easy to dodge. I guess you mean Hunter’s Verdict =)

You are absolutely incorrect. While it has a deceiving animation, it is 100% instantaneous upon completion of the 1/4-second cast. Feel free to test it with a friend as I have. You will not be able to intentionally dodge it unless they tell you they’re casting it.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Not sure why you say druid can counter a DH and put it down in under 13 seconds. They don’t have that kind of damage. A druid can’t hold a point against a dh. DH has too much close quarter damage, knockbacks, and your pet is going to set off it’s heal trap. They can kill them and disengage, but it isn’t a good use of time to stick around long enough to kill them. Once the DH has the point a druid would be of more use somewhere else.