How to fix Courtyard:

How to fix Courtyard:

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Post your suggestions here.

Example: Disable respawning. Round ends when all players on a team die, the round automatically resets, best out of three rounds (or five, etc) wins the match.

Example: Disable rallying on Courtyard.

Thoughts?

How to fix Courtyard:

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

I like your first example, but this doesn’t really need to be done in the map functionality, people can just wait in their base after respawn if they think they would just come in a die instead of turning the tide… and if they think they can turn the tide, it’s ok to let them go… they have a choice…

How to fix Courtyard:

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I like your first example, but this doesn’t really need to be done in the map functionality, people can just wait in their base after respawn if they think they would just come in a die instead of turning the tide… and if they think they can turn the tide, it’s ok to let them go… they have a choice…

Exactly. I don’t understand what is the problem with that map. People aren’t forced to be lemmings. Beside, it’s the only death match map we have…

How to fix Courtyard:

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

- Courtyard queue
- 3vs3
- Visible Rating
- Anyone can spectate (this is not conquest where you can be ghosted)
- Respawn is disabled. There’s a bo3 system (best of three)
- Maximum stealth time: 5 seconds

How to fix Courtyard:

in PvP

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Fix? If your team is outmanned, fall back to to regroup. That’s the whole thing.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

How to fix Courtyard:

in PvP

Posted by: Rusc.4978

Rusc.4978

I’d like to see wave respawning.

It’s very easy to snowball on that map as it currently stands, partially because it’s too hard to regroup after one lost fight. Wave respawning would allow for a stronger second wind.

Prosper

Brought to you by ArenaNet. Soon™.

How to fix Courtyard:

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Random spawns. Larger map

/15char

How to fix Courtyard:

in PvP

Posted by: Volarican.2157

Volarican.2157

- Courtyard queue
- 3vs3
- Visible Rating
- Anyone can spectate (this is not conquest where you can be ghosted)
- Respawn is disabled. There’s a bo3 system (best of three)
- Maximum stealth time: 5 seconds

This would be my dream come true

How to fix Courtyard:

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Courtyard is fine.

But additional TDM maps should include things like environmental hazards, and/or buffs on the other side of the map

What would elevate courtyard from fine to awesome is to make it a three team 5v5v5 map, like the GW1 courtyard map.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

How to fix Courtyard:

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Add save/load build template option “as it existed in Guild Wars 1” so that we can quickly load in zergier builds when landing in Courtyard or remove Courtyard from the conquest que.

I like Courtyard actually but the problem is that it is in the conquest que. When I am forming 5-man premade teams, we are building our comp around conquest, not Courtyard. We focus on 2 point holders, 2 DPS roamers, 1 far point decap or harassment. We are not focusing on frontline, midline and backline zerg tactics and builds “which is what is rewarded in Courtyard”. Again, add save/load build template option or remove Courtyard from conquest que.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

(edited by Trevor Boyer.6524)

How to fix Courtyard:

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

B-B-B-B-B-Build templates!!!