How to improve from here?

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

One of the linked videos (I thought I queued unranked but was a humiliating blowout and massive upset for the other team as they had two ambers) is unranked but think my major problem was being too afraid to hit the other node. For Tempest I’m running Mender’s and for Revenant I’m running Marauder. I need to work on trying to create better stomping opportunities.

A third Tempest video (ranked)

I’m starting to pay much closer attention to the minimap but notice my teams tend to scatter about so it’s tough trying to follow them. Didn’t know Bandicam would capture the music lol! Yeah I got some really old school tastes.

My builds are here,

Tempest:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWn0XCVYiFYCeOAcYiFRAbIAMAufERgEwBwttOXzrA-TJxGABA8AAsvMA5XAAf2fAA

Well I mainly go Eye of the Storm but go Aftershock against projectile heavy comps.

Revenant:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAscmn3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdskFNFqdABoB2DMhRUtG5oHA-TZBFABAcKAG4BAwwRAok9HEvMAA

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Just watched the first several seconds of first video.
You went into a teamfight and it didn’t start too well. Before long, your teammates are feeling the pressure. However, you were still staying in air/fire most of the time trying to do damage instead of actually helping them surviving.

Remember as an ele, your job is supporting and healing. Watch your teammates health bar and use your healing support at right time.

Start of the third video game: Again your team wiped at the start in the mid fight. As a support ele, you want to go to team fight at all times. So it is a bad decision to grab home. The best home grabber are druid/thief/rev/mes who has good mobility and decent 1v1.

I would suggest you playing d/f cleric aurashare tempest. It is much easier to survive and provides amazing projectile hate that hardcounters dragonhunter which a lot of newish players have trouble against.

(edited by Exciton.8942)

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Thanks man. I try but am used to people lasting longer so my feel for switching to water was skewed and thought reflects were more appropriate at the time. Air has CC and a blind so I thought that might help while water feels kinda vulnerable. I still stand by the three/two split I recommended at start lol! Then you still have to bait interrupts so you have a chance at a safer water overload.

I knew going home wasn’t the best idea but I wanted almost guaranteed points because if your score is 0 you don’t even get 15 silver and I was on a massive unlucky streak.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

The first reply really undersells how you poorly played in the first push of the first video (which is all I watched). First of all I have no idea why you are playing staff, but whatever. Two people died and you didn’t even attempt Wash the Pain Away, or even a shout of any kind. You may as well not have even been there.

It’s hard to suggest improvements when you don’t even seem to understand what your role is, so start there.

Also: can you read that mini map at all? It comes off incredibly small in the video. I get the whole “small UI” thing, but if you can’t tell where people are at a glance then you really need to evaluate that choice.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Thanks man. I try but am used to people lasting longer so my feel for switching to water was skewed and thought reflects were more appropriate at the time. Air has CC and a blind so I thought that might help while water feels kinda vulnerable. I still stand by the three/two split I recommended at start lol! Then you still have to bait interrupts so you have a chance at a safer water overload.

I knew going home wasn’t the best idea but I wanted almost guaranteed points because if your score is 0 you don’t even get 15 silver and I was on a massive unlucky streak.

Would suggest watch a few top streamers video to get an idea of the best way to play a class. Yeah I know some ppl might want to figure out a way themselves but it can be sometimes discouraging and painful.

I also watched your Rev play video. Overall, I would say your playstyle is not aggressive enough. In the first teamfight, you started in Glint and stay in Glint and staff most of the time. After you swapped to shiro, the fight is pretty much over. You noted you should be in Glint. However, what you should have done is start in shiro after stacking boons and play ultra aggressive on their squishy target. Then you swap into glint after using up your energy.

A lot of times you could shiro teleport on someone for a surprise burst but instead you walked up in glint. This is definitely not the best way to play shiro.

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

You need some actual coaching on how to cast spells quicker with Staff. Try to do more swap to fire, burning retreat + Lava Font on queue combo. Your water attunement did not seem too natural either.

Also, the current Staff Tempest (support) as you attempt to do is not viable anymore. It would be viable if there was not that crippling bug on Elemental Enchantment (Arcane) not affecting Overload Cooldowns

Alerie Despins