How to kill a Condi Necro?

in PvP

Posted by: Aethercat.7906

Aethercat.7906

What would be most effective against a condi Necro (typically 1v1)?

in PvP

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

ehm, a condi necro or a 1500 range LB ranger??

Condi necro so you can regift the conditions with offhand dagger, utilities and staff 4, sigil of generosity

ranger so you can shoot it from far far away.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

in PvP

Aethercat.7906

ehm, a condi necro?

Yeah the thing that spams fear, poison, a million stacks of bleed, freezes you and basically everything that hinders you and hits like a truck especially at 25 corruption stacks.

in PvP

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

ehm, a condi necro?

Yeah the thing that spams fear, poison, a million stacks of bleed, freezes you and basically everything that hinders you and hits like a truck especially at 25 corruption stacks.

Yes and good counter = a condi necro…. now you again. or stay away from it max range an pew pew it to death…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

CC and hit & run tactics are universally effective against Necros. Other than that, it’s learning which skills are the heavy hitters you need to dodge and when to use your cleanses.

Longbow Rangers have a pretty good upper hand on Necros as well, since Necros have a hard time closing the gap. Doesn’t work quite as well in sPvP, but works fantastically in WvW.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

They are the bane of my sPvP existence. I pretty much just steer clear of them when I see them (I play Guardian).

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in PvP

Aethercat.7906

CC and hit & run tactics are universally effective against Necros. Other than that, it’s learning which skills are the heavy hitters you need to dodge and when to use your cleanses.

Longbow Rangers have a pretty good upper hand on Necros as well, since Necros have a hard time closing the gap. Doesn’t work quite as well in sPvP, but works fantastically in WvW.

I have tried on my ranger and the necro jumps into their deathshroud thing, closing the gap and I’ve tried kiting but already the conditions are swarming on me. I could give generosity sigil a go but their heal makes condis heal them more?

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I have tried on my ranger and the necro jumps into their deathshroud thing, closing the gap and I’ve tried kiting but already the conditions are swarming on me. I could give generosity sigil a go but their heal makes condis heal them more?

Have you tried Point Blank Shot or retreating? It’s very easy to keep a condition necro off of you with Ranger Longbow. If you can’t keep them out of range of Dark Path, try outrunning Dark Path (very possible from range) or dodging it. That is the only way they have to catch you.

Longbow Ranger is a condition (and most Power variants) bane because the Necro simply cannot reach the Ranger to do anything to them. Just Dark Path.

Hunter’s Shot is also rather useful, as it denies a number of skills. This can be handy after the Necro caught up to you (usually through your mistake) to give yourself a bit of breathing room or reposition for a better spot. Better still to hit them at longer range with it and use the full stealth duration.

EDIT: And of course the mods moved it to PvP, although we still don’t know if the OP is asking for PvP or WvW help. the responses differ some.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Gabelstabler.6905

Gabelstabler.6905

well first off all you should check out necro skills and maybe Play nec for your own for some matches… then check out what causes the lose for you…consider how to avoid that. for example use your Point blank shot after his gap closing, or whenever he wanna use his heal skill. Use a build with more condi remove… and just practice, i guess youre rather new in pvp?

in PvP

Aethercat.7906

Have you tried Point Blank Shot or retreating? It’s very easy to keep a condition necro off of you with Ranger Longbow. If you can’t keep them out of range of Dark Path, try outrunning Dark Path (very possible from range) or dodging it. That is the only way they have to catch you.

Longbow Ranger is a condition (and most Power variants) bane because the Necro simply cannot reach the Ranger to do anything to them. Just Dark Path.

Hunter’s Shot is also rather useful, as it denies a number of skills. This can be handy after the Necro caught up to you (usually through your mistake) to give yourself a bit of breathing room or reposition for a better spot. Better still to hit them at longer range with it and use the full stealth duration.

EDIT: And of course the mods moved it to PvP, although we still don’t know if the OP is asking for PvP or WvW help. the responses differ some.

My retreat is the lightning reflexes skill thing and I try to get away from them but still hitting them because if I’m not then I’m the one with the health going down.

I mean for this as in roaming WvW but anywhere really if I come across one.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Medi guard, SD theif, and mesmers outta nowhere seem to hit me the hardest

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

My retreat is the lightning reflexes skill thing and I try to get away from them but still hitting them because if I’m not then I’m the one with the health going down.

I mean for this as in roaming WvW but anywhere really if I come across one.

If it’s roaming WvW, then back away and strafe. It’s exceedingly easy to prevent the Dark Path from hitting you and, if you prevent that, you prevent the Necro from killing you. Rapid Fire is very good at baiting out dodges and Point Blank Shot/Barrage are good at keeping him at a distance. Just be sure to use Point Blank Shot when he heals (or don’t bother, since it just means 2-3 more auto attacks from you).

And worry more about keeping range than hitting the Necro. Necro sustain outside of the #6 skill completely depends on hitting an opponent.

Oh, and have your pet attack them. This does a few things for you.
1. More CC options. A good number of pets (including the hugely popular wolf) have cripples or knockdowns.
2. Prevents the Necro from tracking you through stealth
3. More damage
4. Possible distraction/bodyblock. Dark Path can be bodyblocked, and you don’t really care if he jumps to your pet that is already in his face. Unless he’s terrible, he won’t bother trying to kill the pet while you are still shooting from far away. This can also be used to your advantage if you are actually a Beastmaster Ranger.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Pew Pew Ranger — Condi Necomancer has no defenses at range and will just die.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Necroes have tools against pewpew rangers too. Just FYI. Most necrosis just don’t know what they are or how to use them. But yeah lb ranger will wreck most necros.

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

I hate to point out the obvious, but that’s like a diamond skin ele’s calling in life lol.

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Necroes have tools against pewpew rangers too. Just FYI. Most necrosis just don’t know what they are or how to use them. But yeah lb ranger will wreck most necros.

The 600 range gap between traited Longbow and Scepter/dagger (the longest range damage weapon) is very significant, and the only gapcloser Necros really have only works if the opponent starts within ~700 range (otherwise, the projectile just gets outrun).

Factor in limited dodges and no projectile defense and closing that gap is a lot more difficult than you would think. Even Doom doesn’t help close the gap, as then the Ranger is running away from you at the same speed.

It’s possible for the Necro to close the gap, but that fight is really down to the Ranger misplaying in WvW rather than the Necro’s skill.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Tman.6349

I never mentioned scepter though…

in PvP

Tman.6349

It’s not "more difficult than I’d think " b/c I wreck them all the time.

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I never mentioned scepter though…

Then it gets even harder due to 600 range on axe and dagger 3.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Mesmers!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Tman.6349

I play Power Necro but condi can be just as effective with his strategy. First of all let me point out that I PvP, so open spaces in WvW or getting caught off guard can be a bit trickier but still is achievable following the same method. So far you’ve listed everything that I’m not talking about. Scepter, daggers, deathshroud, and or off hands are NOT the ‘longest range attacks and are all futile. As long as you see the Ranger and aren’t ambushed, STAFF (which should be on every Necrosis bar for the utility and other good stuff in XvX node fights) is your go-to for turning the tides in this matchup to your favor.

As soon as you see the Ranger, immediately swap to staff. Start running toward him. His first couple of attacks are gonna be autos to try to get you to burn dodges (and make sure you’re in a good range, so he can open up with Rapid fire. Dodge forward through the first Long Range shot, be prepared to possible eat a second one. By now you should be right at about 1000-1100 range. This is where you want to get to. AS SOON as you come out of the dodge roll, drop Chillblains immediately followed by Putrid Mark right on top of the Ranger. Chillblains will create a Poison combo field and Putrid Mark is a blast finisher. The mean that the Ranger will have Poison, Chill AND Weakness on them for a moment as you continue to advance toward them. At this point, they will mostliky try to use RF which will have much less affect or they use one of there defensive abilities or possible Barrage. You should be well within 900ish range by now and dropping Reapers Mark (and then swapping weapons)to interrupt any of these skills in order to close the rest of the gap and get in his face in order to force more panic play, or at least, even the odds. Also, not that any of those skills are gonna be affected by Chill and Weakness and also that Poison is gonna be detrimental to a LB Ranger at the start of the fight, b/c all the counters he will have to this approach are not something he wants to have to use in the first 10 seconds of the fight, BUT now you’ve turned the fight around and it is, at least fair if not much in your favor depending on what kind of spec you’re running. If scepter, you can now Cripple the ranger and his pet. Locust swarm to build LF and keep then in your control. Enfeebling Board for another large area weakness to counter the Ranger Great sword that might come out next.etc.

My apologies for this wall of texts but I truly helps you in the future.

I am Tman, Guild Leader of Violence Is Passion [ViP]
Aka. Razing The Dead

Good luck and say “HI!” If we ever happen to run into each other! /wave

in PvP

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Interrupt Mesmer.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in PvP

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

and then at some random point you will be knocked all the way back again by their longbow…. if you can dodge 0.5 second cast time hats off to you.. i have given up trying, even if i react as soon as i see their animation change it will still hit thanks to lag.

in PvP

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

i also dont see your problem against them… they have terrible lf generation and it takes so long to kill anything if your team knows how to rotate then they will usually end up in a 2v1… also.. blinds nullify all fears

(edited by unlucky.9285)

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Its not very popular anymore, but hambow warrior became a thing specifically for this situation. Between the cc, cleanses, and berserker’s stance, they were the perfect tool to lock down and kill a necro.

Now I know the build has been nerfed a decent amount, but I think it would still do quite well in this matchup.