How to kill a G/S Herald

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

I’m playing this build cause its a lot of fun but I’m getting a little sick of the hate towards me because people don’t know how to fight against it.

In a team fight
Target the rev. They are squishy. There’s about 10-15s of block moves and then they’re vulnerable. They also do less damage per target in radius with Unrelenting Assault (UA) by about half. Soothing Bastion will kitten you off, I’d argue that needs a icd of more than 30s. Also conditions and unblockable skills should be used since there isn’t aa single thing they can do about it. Also revs aren’t very good at stomping or reviving so if they’re forced to revive or stomp they’ll pop impossible odds and will be extremely vulnerable since they’ll be out of energy and therefor stunbreaks.

In 1v1s
Most revs I see, as in almost everyone, will pop UA and Glint moves at the start. Block or dodge into a wall or behind where they started to survive this. Stealth won’t save you with the whole reveal thing. Use one autoattsck after. Then its either a block move or an auto attack. Just burst them at this point till they pop the Glint heal. Wait 3s then put them down. Revs are pretty strong at 1v1 scenarios so be careful.

In general/ tldr
Condis. Revs have no condi removal. Trap rangers are a hard counter to a rev with the pet taking half the damage and unblockable condi dealing traps. There’s not much revs can do for that.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Conditions kill everything, I honestly think it’s nearly useless besides AoE in team fights where you can kill him to stop it. I have 1 condition removed a second, damaging per 20 and movement impairment constantly but condition builds still kill me fast in 1 vs 1. Always funny to see a condition Engineer hit me with one poison volley shot after I dodge his confusion shot and see like 5 conditions on me.

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

The problem hoogley boogley is that rev is extremely easy and forgiving to play. You’re not even that good at it and you’re getting hate.

Vipassana

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

I’m playing this build cause its a lot of fun but I’m getting a little sick of the hate towards me because people don’t know how to fight against it.

It’s nice you’re trying to help people by explaining, but you will get hate regardless because people don’t want to learn how to play against you, they just want to win. And if that means crying till they are blue in the face they will.
People who send you hate are doing so because you hurt their ego. They aren’t supposed to die, it’s obviously because XYZ is overpowered. regardless of what counter’s what, people who don’t want to get better, won’t.

In a team fight
Target the rev. They are squishy. There’s about 10-15s of block moves and then they’re vulnerable. They also do less damage per target in radius with Unrelenting Assault (UA) by about half. Soothing Bastion will kitten you off, I’d argue that needs a icd of more than 30s. Also conditions and unblockable skills should be used since there isn’t aa single thing they can do about it. Also revs aren’t very good at stomping or reviving so if they’re forced to revive or stomp they’ll pop impossible odds and will be extremely vulnerable since they’ll be out of energy and therefor stunbreaks.

I would argue that soothing bastion needs a flat kitten CD to make it close to the other skills, that give you a second chance. But then I remember all the other skills that act as get outta jail free trait’s also let you move, and actually get out of jail. But we’ll see.

In 1v1s
Most revs I see, as in almost everyone, will pop UA and Glint moves at the start. Block or dodge into a wall or behind where they started to survive this. Stealth won’t save you with the whole reveal thing. Use one autoattsck after. Then its either a block move or an auto attack. Just burst them at this point till they pop the Glint heal. Wait 3s then put them down. Revs are pretty strong at 1v1 scenarios so be careful.

Yes and no
I don’t agree that stealth isn’t a counter since the 4 classes that can stealth at will without runes can pretty much kill you(almost) easily 1 v 1.Those classes also have the block’s, evades, invuln, and condi advantage. Classes that don’t have stealth also still have blocks,invulns, CC, and condi to deal with the Rev.

Honestly there isn’t a class that CANT kill a rev 1 v 1.

Similair to the necro. The Rev has great group presence, and decent sustain even for a murauder build.
Not so great 1 v 1 presence.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

The problem hoogley boogley is that rev is extremely easy and forgiving to play. You’re not even that good at it and you’re getting hate.

Extremely easy? How so, please tell. I wouldn’t say managing energy and the risk/reward high cost skills have or having to swap between weapons and utilities independently is particularly easy. Rev is a class that requires high apm and the know of how much energy should be saved up to be able to break stuns and negate damage in hectic fights. A reckless rev will spam his skills with find them-self with no cds or energy to be able to survive focus. The only thing making rev easy atm is that people aren’t going out of their way to learn the class and how to bait or counter them and rather are just complaining.

(edited by TheAngryDuckling.5481)

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Viiiiiiiiiiiip

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Oh..so thats the reason why fotm rerollers already gave up on rev? Good to know man!
Ps. what are you playing?

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I’d also like to point out that so many people are bandwagoning to revenant and simply playing the marauder build without trying anything else, while some of the other legends are a bit weaker than shiro, that doesn’t mean that other roles that use different legend can’t be played.

Except for Ventari. Comparing Druid to Ventari is like comparing mewtwo to a weedle.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

tbh, I prefer jalis over glint, but the herald traits are all (mostly) directed towards using glint and the few ones you can use universally are pretty meh. Jalis provides decent condi cleanse, a ton of damage mitigation, aoe stability in the form of an epic stone road and a trait to passively proc the elite. If people ran this over glint, you’ll find condi and focus fire to be alot less effective, but I suppose people are simply incapable of managing energy. Maybe someone will show it off one day and then the real QQ can begin.

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

tbh, I prefer jalis over glint, but the herald traits are all (mostly) directed towards using glint and the few ones you can use universally are pretty meh. Jalis provides decent condi cleanse, a ton of damage mitigation, aoe stability in the form of an epic stone road and a trait to passively proc the elite. If people ran this over glint, you’ll find condi and focus fire to be alot less effective, but I suppose people are simply incapable of managing energy. Maybe someone will show it off one day and then the real QQ can begin.

Jalis needs some slight improvements and it’ll be really good. You can run tanky Jalis/glint builds that do really well at point holding. But I’m personally talking about mallyx, probably the most underrated legend in the set. I do think it desperately needs a stunbreak, but perma resistance and ApE condi cleave backed with cele stats and mightstacks is really strong.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

glaphen.5230

But Jalis is the most useless one, only thing good about it is its trait tree but none of them require his form. Only any good for PvE and WvW where you get stability pulse but it’s way too slow for PvP and the chain is meh being the only not instant taunt in the game. Also if you are going for defenses Shiro gives you 4 .75 dodges per 10 seconds.

(edited by glaphen.5230)

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Rite of the great dwarf + vengeful hammer + forced engagement proccing improved agression. If all of these bonuses are additive, thats a solid 90% direct damage reduction and 20% condi reduction. If not, its still ALOT of damage reduction. You could take it a step further and take a valkyrie amulet since invocation gives a buffed fury for 40% free crit on what is more or less 100% uptime assuming your target has alot of CCs (I know one of my toons does) and basically tank like a champion boss. Shiro is definitely easier to use and more suited for 1v1s, but Jalis lets you do what warrior was meant to do which is leap in like a madman and smack faces in.

You could take it even further with mallyx and do necros job for them and make the enemy team regret bringing their burn guard.

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

I think people are using glint too much as a crutch,
Ive been running a shiro/jalis build with all the chance on hit heals and siphon traits and i actually find it has FAR better sustain than herald. Herald only beats jalis if your enemy attacks you durring the heal, otherwise vengfull hammers through evade frames and an on demand heal with condi cleanse keeps you up far longer and lets you apply offensive pressure way better than herald can

People are too addicted to blocks and invulnerablity

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Rite of the great dwarf + vengeful hammer + forced engagement proccing improved agression. If all of these bonuses are additive, thats a solid 90% direct damage reduction and 20% condi reduction. If not, its still ALOT of damage reduction. You could take it a step further and take a valkyrie amulet since invocation gives a buffed fury for 40% free crit on what is more or less 100% uptime assuming your target has alot of CCs (I know one of my toons does) and basically tank like a champion boss. Shiro is definitely easier to use and more suited for 1v1s, but Jalis lets you do what warrior was meant to do which is leap in like a madman and smack faces in.

You could take it even further with mallyx and do necros job for them and make the enemy team regret bringing their burn guard.

But that combination is impossible, Rite costs 50 and has a long cast time. Hammer has a huge upkeep and does no damage and kitten healing unless surrounded. Shiro only costs 30 per mobility impairment clearing that gives you .75 dodge and 50 endurance to dodge again, which you can get a trait to give stability after each dodge and the tree has a minor that gives as much as 10 seconds of vigor every 10 seconds too along with 20% ranged reduction and 10% of anything else.

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

You pop it at max energy assuming you’ve been kiting with hammer. Once you’ve kittened the enemy off enough with you blasting them with hammer skills, you should have more than enough energy if you aren’t spamming your skills and watching the state of the fight progress. This only works in team fights which is where jalis shines anyways since you’ll have more than enough targets to smack at for energy. For 1v1 encounters, shiro is obviously the better pick with sw/ax for the superior 1v1 dps, gap closers and control. You could always forgo all support from mallyx/ventari (lolsupport)/glint and go shiro/jalis with sw/axe + hammer and wipe everything in existance.

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

glaphen.5230

You pop it at max energy assuming you’ve been kiting with hammer. Once you’ve kittened the enemy off enough with you blasting them with hammer skills, you should have more than enough energy if you aren’t spamming your skills and watching the state of the fight progress. This only works in team fights which is where jalis shines anyways since you’ll have more than enough targets to smack at for energy. For 1v1 encounters, shiro is obviously the better pick with sw/ax for the superior 1v1 dps, gap closers and control. You could always forgo all support from mallyx/ventari (lolsupport)/glint and go shiro/jalis with sw/axe + hammer and wipe everything in existance.

So 10 seconds of being in combat for like 2 seconds of 90% and 3 seconds of 70% and then not being able to do it again for 20 seconds or complete immunity to physical damage for 5 seconds out of every 20 with stability spam. To have Rite be any useful you need the grandmaster for condition reduction too sacrificing 150 HPS.

(edited by glaphen.5230)

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

You can attack while enjoying that 90-70% immunity. Its basically a lower CD slightly lower effect EP. Also forgot to mention the passive jalis trait that lets you enjoy another 10% damage reduction below 75% hp which would essentially push that to a full 100% (assuming, again, its additive). So while you camp at range, disrupting with CC and ludicrous bursts of damage, you can then switch on full damage immunity if you get focused. You can do all of that with shiro and still dodge, but assuming you want to close in and bash their faces in with whatever you’re rocking for a melee set, you have that option without having to spam evades so you don’t get dropped.

You can’t attack while dodging. That’s essentially the trade off and it sounds fair in my opinion.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJAWinXNeNSqJvJR/kHlsgykS4Q5SJYrsrklTFhdZ0pqb6UKNQiHA-TZBBwASuAAkLDA4JAgb/BIHCAA

My current rev build, but its naturally a work in progress that I haven’t had much time to work on in game what with the current exams.

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

glaphen.5230

You can attack while enjoying that 90-70% immunity. Its basically a lower CD slightly lower effect EP. Also forgot to mention the passive jalis trait that lets you enjoy another 10% damage reduction below 75% hp which would essentially push that to a full 100% (assuming, again, its additive). So while you camp at range, disrupting with CC and ludicrous bursts of damage, you can then switch on full damage immunity if you get focused. You can do all of that with shiro and still dodge, but assuming you want to close in and bash their faces in with whatever you’re rocking for a melee set, you have that option without having to spam evades so you don’t get dropped.

You can’t attack while dodging. That’s essentially the trade off and it sounds fair in my opinion.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJAWinXNeNSqJvJR/kHlsgykS4Q5SJYrsrklTFhdZ0pqb6UKNQiHA-TZBBwASuAAkLDA4JAgb/BIHCAA

My current rev build, but its naturally a work in progress that I haven’t had much time to work on in game what with the current exams.

Seems like a good Bruiser build but once Coalescence of Ruin is nerfed it will be very weak and lacks anything but damage reduction and some condition immunity as defense, Reaper is probably stronger in both aspects. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsemnfNuNSuJ7JRJlZlsjyrS4SZVJorcsklTlRNjQOJNgEewO94rH-TJxHAB1+EAQqMAAnCAM2fAA is my idea of a support bunker Revenant.

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

CoR is getting a nerf? Since when? I NEED PROOF >:U. Reaper can do that, but weaker ranged weapons. I prefer this vs reaper because of the option to go ranged.

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

glaphen.5230

CoR is getting a nerf? Since when? I NEED PROOF >:U. Reaper can do that, but weaker ranged weapons. I prefer this vs reaper because of the option to go ranged.

It will probably get at least double the cooldown, way too strong of a skill to have a 2 second cooldown. If they nerfed Hundred Blades at launch because people kept getting Bull’s Charge->Hundred Blades I don’t see why they wouldn’t nerf this that does the same damage in a massive ranged AoE with 2-3 uses or even 1 if it bugs out and hits 2-3 times in one use.

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

sounds legit.

Even 4s wouldn’t be that big of a deal for a skill so powerful.

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Only thing that needs a fix with CoR is the situation when someone might be unlucky enough to be in between two impacts and get almost double the damage just like Mesmer in here.

While Hammer hits hard, it’s also predictable, can be sidestepped, lacks defense and utility compared to staff and in general works best as sniper/ambush weapon. Even in Berserker gear with almost full offensive setup you still might have problems killing Scrappers and Druids due to their tankiness, unless you of course manage to catch them in between two impacts.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

The same could be said about warrior 100b and its restricted to melee. That was still nerfed and it required more setup than CoR.

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Only thing that needs a fix with CoR is the situation when someone might be unlucky enough to be in between two impacts and get almost double the damage just like Mesmer in here.

While Hammer hits hard, it’s also predictable, can be sidestepped, lacks defense and utility compared to staff and in general works best as sniper/ambush weapon. Even in Berserker gear with almost full offensive setup you still might have problems killing Scrappers and Druids due to their tankiness, unless you of course manage to catch them in between two impacts.

Can also be hit if you teleport, Got hit 3 times when I teleported as soon as I got hit by a double, could possibly have even hit me 4 in one use if I teleported to a double zone again, was a fun instant death while going to the point.

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Most important thing to survive is being able to deal with Sword3 (block’s, evades) and to be able to kite the auto’s IMHO (CC, being ranged etc). This heavily depends on the build you’re running though.

What’s really helpful in terms of DMG are conditions (as stated by the OP) and boonremoval.

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Rev is not extremely easy to play and every class is easy to play (and forgiving at varying degree) if u know ur class mechanics and know how to work that keyboard n mouse magic. Your argument is flawed.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

How to kill a G/S Herald

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Only thing you have to watch is not heal them full with Glint heal, they are so squishy that they will go like stone if they don’t get enough heal from it.