How to watch AT?

How to watch AT?

in PvP

Posted by: Empty Sky.6354

Empty Sky.6354

I was away from this game after HoT came out(like 2 months after it came out I stopped playing..waste of money on that expac),been back playing around month now or so and I am shocked at what Anet did. They killed real tournaments with real cash prizes,so of course almost all of their top players left. (btw I am not top player,just some feedback from average casual player)

And now you have AT, which you don’t really support. Unless you catch some streamer,you won’t see AT at all. You went from cash to AT for 5 g…..LOOOOOOOOOOOL. This AT is gonna die out so fast. I watched Sindrener’s stream and they didn’t even try that hard and won. Sure those are daily tournaments,but monthly will be same story. It would be pretty funny,if you had more people for ingame gold than real cash,but my…how “mighty” have fallen.

It’s time to stop re-skining every armor,those kittenty lama pets and actually do some work.

How to watch AT?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I like the AT. And let’s not pretend teams don’t dodge each other either. Much like Rank queue, it happens for the daily AT too.

I suspect the monthly tournament will be more competitive for obvious reasons. As well as Jebro’s tournament.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

How to watch AT?

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

One does not simply watch GW2 PvP.

How to watch AT?

in PvP

Empty Sky.6354

If teams are really dodging each other,that’s pathetic. But again playing for 5g and 500g at end of month is joke. Unless Sindrener’s team (don’t know what they call themselves) drop out or skip tournament,they gonna win everytime and people will get bored of getting smacked around and quit. Skill gap is just too big.

Will GW2 even stream monthly tournament?

And any tournament needs audience and viewership or else it’s like “no one knows,who won or cares”.

If 100000 $ was too much for Anet,they should drop it to 10k or 5k.

How to watch AT?

in PvP

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

Will GW2 even stream monthly tournament?

to put it honestly no they will never ever do that ever again . when they did it was more pain filled than it was to pve. and the people did not like it when anet did it even more so when that is all your saw on the load screens of every map you went to

And any tournament needs audience and viewership or else it’s like “no one knows,who won or cares”.

you answered your own question here. and that honestly is the general idea fully .
as these days there might be at the very best only 2 that do any type of at all streaming and they gone to doing that now to maybe 2 or 3 times a month at the most.

as pretty much every one has moved on to far more newer games or waiting for more newer games to come out . thus so the reason why esports died off when it was pushed onto the players . and then esports told anet good bye and walked away from them for good

no new system upgrades coming

How to watch AT?

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

If teams are really dodging each other,that’s pathetic. But again playing for 5g and 500g at end of month is joke. Unless Sindrener’s team (don’t know what they call themselves) drop out or skip tournament,they gonna win everytime and people will get bored of getting smacked around and quit. Skill gap is just too big.

Honestly, it’s not that big a gap. They just happen to be pretty much the only team with all former pro league players. Other teams have a few but the rest need to catch up. And they will, as soon as they get used to their teams and teamplay in general once again.

The team with Helseth, Misha and Sind will be very strong in the beginning, the first couple of months. But after the summer they’ll start losing tournaments to teams that adapt better than they do. Helseth is an impeccable tactician and a playmaker, and Sind has the best rotational skills and map awareness in this community, and they both represent the best 1v1 skills against other players of their own class; but that comp of players has 1 obvious weakness. With 2 players that won’t change professions (even when said professions are A class atm) in any situation, they are open to counter comping which a good enough team can take advantage of, and eventually someone will. They already lost rounds to other teams in UGO, and it’s only a matter of time when they lose two.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

How to watch AT?

in PvP

Empty Sky.6354

See I don’t tthink people will play AT for months and months. End goal or reward just isn’t worth it.

Gap is huge. They 500-0 one team, I watched Jebro’s tournament finals on Helseth’s YouTube video and game was decided in first 2-3min,rest was just waiting to hit 500 and end. And they are not even trying that hard on TS…if you lsiten to them it’s like “got 2 people on me,but it’s fine,just kill them on other points and come clean this kitten up later”

And let’s say someone actually beats them or they throw the game…if Anet won’t stream it,no one will know or care.

Community build up to tournaments with real cash. People come for real cash. Anet wants to invest 0 money and get out millions. Sorry to break it to you Anet,but it doesn’t work that way.

How to watch AT?

in PvP

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

And let’s say someone actually beats them or they throw the game…if Anet won’t stream it,no one will know or care.

Community build up to tournaments with real cash. People come for real cash. Anet wants to invest 0 money and get out millions. Sorry to break it to you Anet,but it doesn’t work that way.

Anet will never ever again stream another espot or anything pvp . after the last time they tried it and the people got very mad and upset being forced to see a loading screen telling them to come watch their e-sports and pvp matches . from every map you went to for whole two weeks . a lot of people stopped playing and i can not blame them for it .

and not only that but if i remember right e-sports told anet/guildwars2 goodbye and never speak of this again ever . which honestly is a good thing for a 5 yr old game with low end graphics that can not even handle the new ryzon cpus or the gfx 10 video card with out it crashing the game half the time with the gfx 10 video cards

How to watch AT?

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

If only there was a precedent…

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Observer_mode

^^^

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

How to watch AT?

in PvP

Empty Sky.6354

I did not know about Observer Mode,so can’t comment on it atm,but will check it out.

If Anet promoted tournaments inside their game it’s ok and they should do it. I was always in Heart of Mists,so I never saw those,but if they promoted it to PVE side it’s ok. Those dynamic events are joke…I rremember, when Jungle Wurm or what it’s called, died before it came out of ground. It died in 2s tops. That was at start of game.
Esports,esports,esports…who gives a kitten about this atm….at start people build up scene…Blu and Sireph and I think they got paid 0 for this. I started watching with those Tournaments of Glory. And from there it went to World Championship,they did get 1 caster,who was called Polaris or Klaris or something like that ? Anyway…all they need to do is stream tournament,when it’s on. I get why not maybe daily tournaments,but they gotta support monthly somehow.

And they could drop 500$ or 1k $ out of their pocket monthly. That would motivate players to win monthly and get better in game.

How to watch AT?

in PvP

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

I did not know about Observer Mode,so can’t comment on it atm,but will check it out.

If Anet promoted tournaments inside their game it’s ok and they should do it. I was always in Heart of Mists,so I never saw those,but if they promoted it to PVE side it’s ok. Those dynamic events are joke…I rremember, when Jungle Wurm or what it’s called, died before it came out of ground. It died in 2s tops. That was at start of game.
Esports,esports,esports…who gives a kitten about this atm….at start people build up scene…Blu and Sireph and I think they got paid 0 for this. I started watching with those Tournaments of Glory. And from there it went to World Championship,they did get 1 caster,who was called Polaris or Klaris or something like that ? Anyway…all they need to do is stream tournament,when it’s on. I get why not maybe daily tournaments,but they gotta support monthly somehow.

And they could drop 500$ or 1k $ out of their pocket monthly. That would motivate players to win monthly and get better in game.

not ever going to happen ever . your talking about something that is so dead in a 5 yr old game .with low end graphics . that can be bought off these days on gamestop for $20.00 the whole game mind you . so we know this will never happen ;/

(edited by WARIORSCHARGEING.2637)