How to win against dream team(s) ?

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Ask nicely for them to swap classes. Or I swap to what class seems to be most optimal.

Säïnt

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

If they are at least half decent then you can’t win. Some of your squishes have to reroll since hambow wars are just op.

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Toker and Caed’s streams have these situations. If you watch you’ll notice they’re winning the fights they’re in and rotating to +1. Easier said than done to win your fights, but they often do in solo q vs the general player base. You’ll have to look at past broadcasts though, last I saw Caed has lag when he streams so he doesn’t anymore, and Toker is exploring Wildstar.

Assuming similar skill levels though, you shouldn’t win.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Anytime this happens I explain to the team that going for mid is bad idea and I tell half the team to go far instead. Depends on classes I am vsing and what I am playing i will go mid to distract enemy team. By the time other team realizes what going on you have far and home and have killed one of there players. Basically you need to out rotate the and try force uneven fights as much as possible.

Its def bit harder a does req some communication but not impossible. Also it easier to just have a few of you guys reroll.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

turret engis are the new low risk / high reward build imho, even more-so than hambow,
switch your whole team to turrets and bathe in the tears of the hambows!

honestly its the easiest build to play in the game so its the best way to deal with hambows, fight a noob build with an even more noobish build!

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Try stacking in a corner of the map..this is pretty much the answer to all of Tyria’s problems.

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

When your team is 3 squishies without a bunker guard and the opposite team is 2 hambows + 1 bunker guard, how do you win in those situations? Going mid is pointless isint it?

I was wondering about the people with 65%+ win rate in Solo Q surely win some unlucky matches to be on the top. Because it happens quite often, you just look at the classes and kind of already know that it will be nearly impossible to win unlesss they are bad.

So yea what to with a sub par team comp?

relog to bunker guard?
In total: -1 squishie, +1 bunker guard

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

Skyhammer and spirit Watch can be won easily : 1st one obviously by kicking people off map, second one simply by ignoring the orb.
Other maps are too hard in my opinion. The worst case is if they decide to only use 2 points, and to ignore your home. The whole fight will be decided by whether your team has someone with stability or not. If not, the match will probably be lost in most cases.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

thats those 35% of games poeple with 65% winrate lose

otherwise never stomp, just cleave & pray

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

If they don’t have a thief, Use zerker Staff Ele to melt down all the bunkers. should win most if not every team fight

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

If they don’t have a thief, Use zerker Staff Ele to melt down all the bunkers. should win most if not every team fight

Oh gosh I had this happen to my team once kitten was annoying!

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Try stacking in a corner of the map..this is pretty much the answer to all of Tyria’s problems.

stacking work in pvp wut?

R.I.P Kumu <3

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

When your team is 3 squishies without a bunker guard and the opposite team is 2 hambows + 1 bunker guard, how do you win in those situations? Going mid is pointless isint it?

I was wondering about the people with 65%+ win rate in Solo Q surely win some unlucky matches to be on the top. Because it happens quite often, you just look at the classes and kind of already know that it will be nearly impossible to win unlesss they are bad.

So yea what to with a sub par team comp?

How to win vs a meta team with a team with random classes? If they’re not fully kittened the answer is easy…you can’t. Swap classes or lose, at the same skillevel there’s no way you can beat a good comp with a random one…would be hard even if you already are way better than them. But if you’re half decent there won’t be any problem since pretty much everyone with basic pvp experience can play more than one class and role.

(edited by Seifer Thalaen.7869)

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

I can laugh at zerk staff eles with bunker guardian (Not even caring while on warrior…double endure pain np)…and yeah with retaliation at the end of their meteor+ice bow+random crap spam they’re probaly gonna have less hp than me ready to be eaten alive by pretty much everyone passing by while i can just heal up and look at them being ganked. No need for thief anyway any decent dps would bring down a glass staff ele thief is needed for mesmers and power necros and for decap…but any decent spec would eat zerk staff ele alive

(edited by Seifer Thalaen.7869)