How would you balance eles?

in PvP

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

What really hits hard in mist form (part of the condition immunity nerf) is that it is no root break.
You go into mist form => they root you.
So Mist Form is basically even useless if you just want to use it in order to get a better position (getting out of enemy splash dmg).

And thats what i dont understand, bleeding … okay, poisoning … okay, but rooting, i mean u are MIST , and some nasty little roots keep you in position?

Afaik right now condition cleanse is the only thing to get rid of rooting right now (for elementalist) and at current meta, where condition spamming is one of the most things thats done its not even sure u remove the right conditions.

#ELEtism

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

First you start by nerfing thieves.

in PvP

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

Increase health pool and their MOBILITY. Its silly that the profession
with the least amount of HP has such low mobility, and yet the two
classes who need it the least have the best (warriors who are high HP
and thieves who can just stealth to avoid danger).

My lord, my thief can get away from any situation OR catch anyone.
Shadowstep alone has a 1200 teleport while the ele has a 900!! What!!?

in PvP

Posted by: DanSH.6143

DanSH.6143

Well, i don’t think ele’s need some major changes, just a bit of tweaks here and there.
They’re not viable in tourneys because they get hard-countered by the meta builds (terror necro, d/p thief, hambow).
condi-burst meta should be toned slightly. thieves should be less effective since there’s no reason to use any other roamer class spec. And warriors are getting theirs soon enough.
I think ele’s are going to become viable soon. I really do.

Griften

in PvP

Posted by: Swagginator.3246

Swagginator.3246

I think I’d keep them the same and just make them medium health pool characters.

yes i think so too.

since the problem is mainly how fast they can die, just increase health pool.

but no for increasing armor if healing abilities stays the same, if toughness goes up, healing must go down.

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I’ll swap their base HP pool with mesmers, see how things go, and balance from there.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: MrYay.7063

MrYay.7063

Nerfing Thieves won’t change a thing. Elementalist needs more immediate damage and less useless/unusable skills, effectively more synergy between their skills.

Strangely, also, condition builds on Ele do not work that well. In a condition based meta, no wonder why they can hardly make it (and no, adding more purge is not an option).

Peace

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.4816

Phantaram.4816

Nerfing Thieves won’t change a thing. Elementalist needs more immediate damage and less useless/unusable skills, effectively more synergy between their skills.

Strangely, also, condition builds on Ele do not work that well. In a condition based meta, no wonder why they can hardly make it (and no, adding more purge is not an option).

Peace

Changing thieves will change a lot.

in PvP

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

being unkillable bunker doesn’t mean you are dam pro if you cant take anyone down neither.

my personal wish its just …. reducing swapping and don’t have to trail for it

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

I’d start with:
1) Increase Ele base health to 15k
2) Lower attunement cooldowns to 8 secs baseline, 6 secs with 30 Arcana. Currently the core mechanic feels more like a frustrating hindrance than something useful.
3) Lower Ride The Lightning cooldown to 20 seconds regardless of hit. The repeated nerfs to this ability were very poorly thought-out by ArenaNet.

Ele’s have plenty of condition removal with Ether Renewal + Water traits (or Evasive Arcana), the problem is that they don’t have enough health to even USE a lot of their tools. They just die in seconds lol.

(edited by Wintel.4873)

in PvP

Posted by: KarsaiB.9475

KarsaiB.9475

You currently can’t balance ele properly without causing casualties to other classes. At this point, you either revamp the pvp side of all classes completely which every knows is unrealistic and could make the game even worse as from what the patches from the last year have been, is a completely plausible possibility, or you can limit the casualties by slightly upping ele sustain while NERFING ITS OVERALL DAMAGE BY A GOOD 10%. Implying you nerf thieves and necros and warriors and kitten. Gl.

55 HP Monks // Random scrubadub

in PvP

Wintel.4873

You currently can’t balance ele properly without causing casualties to other classes.

That…makes no sense.

in PvP

Posted by: KarsaiB.9475

KarsaiB.9475

Ele burst is already controversial as it is that powerful despite the class being that easy to kill. Add survivability to it and think about what’s coming next, for mesmers, engis, even thieves and such.

55 HP Monks // Random scrubadub

in PvP

Wintel.4873

Ele burst is already controversial as it is that powerful despite the class being that easy to kill. Add survivability to it and think about what’s coming next, for mesmers, engis, even thieves and such.

I dunno, what’s coming next? Mesmers, Engis and Thieves can already do 95% of Ele burst while having significantly more survivability. Also their abilities aren’t locked-away behind insanely long cooldowns, so they can do it far more frequently. Not to mention if a Thief or Mesmer decide to run away from a fight, there is no stopping them.

I don’t get some people.

Ele’s used to be able to use Ride The Lightning to as a getaway tool because they were so incredibly fragile, , but ArenaNet decided that was overpowered and nerfed it to oblivion….ON TOP of nerfing all our healing coefficients and blast finishers. It’s like there was a gas leak at ANet offices during that time or everyone started taking crazy pills.

(edited by Wintel.4873)