How you beat a thief when you got 5% HP left

in PvP

Posted by: Anastasis.7258

Anastasis.7258

http://www.twitch.tv/tarcisanastasis/c/2424378
(I’m the warrior that thief trying to kill)

Got this video from Ben Zy’s stream. I have to apologize to Ben but this video is really good for warrior players to learn something.

Before the thief coming in, I have killed a BM ranger. After that I saw thief is coming and my hp only have about 5% left, from my experience, I know this thief will mug me right away so I just count in a good timing and dodge all his attacks and survived.

I know that he will try to get into stealth when he failed so I just bulls charge him when he’s trying to heal. successes landed half of the hundred blade.

I guess every good thief in that situation will do the same thing as Ben did, because you only need to touch me once to down me. Ben Zy is actually a decent thief so I’m not insulting him. I’m just here to show people that warrior isn’t pathetic class, and showing people Longbow Warrior’s power when you mastered it.

(edited by Anastasis.7258)

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

You did not beat the thief.
Just sayin’.

in PvP

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

You mean count on a fluke and hope the thief doesn’t bother to use any of his gap closers ability 2 or 3 to finish you off? As a thief he didn’t bother to blind you even though he is running d/p, these are signs that the guy doesn’t know how to play d/p thief

in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

Tarcis my boy :’] so proud of you

in PvP

Posted by: fakeblood.2576

fakeblood.2576

Well I can say I’ve done this before as well but a good thief will kill you even at full HP no problem and be untouched .. I’ve watched your videos before and have seen you get slaughtered by a thief that focused you for all of 10 seconds in a 1v1 I find trouble using the longbow GS vs a thief .. No matter how skilled you are at warrior a good DP thief will just dominate you

in PvP

Posted by: Gmtsai.6349

Gmtsai.6349

The theif can’t even touch you once, I bet he was loss when he failed all his burst lol, even he was speaking japanese but i can still feel that he was confused. Ben Zy is a decent thief IMO so I got to say those repliers up there shouldn’t say this thief sucks or this thief doesn’s even know how to play d/p thief.

Tarcis my boy :’] so proud of you

(edited by Gmtsai.6349)

in PvP

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

How do I beat a guardian when I have 5% heath left?

You don’t.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

all i see is a thief that missed his burst then he starts running arround like a headless chicken screaming “aaaa”. this is like “hey guys pvp happen im going to make a forum post about it”, i mean come on man all of us probably killed some1 and never got touch but its not a big deal to make forum post about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

^ Extremely kitteny kittened kittens right. I’m sorry, but all I see are a bunch of kitten kissers defending their friend.

in PvP

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Another kisser of rear ends, I do see, has joined the thread.

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

Benzy is new to d/p, he was much better with d/d than he is with d/p.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

in PvP

Posted by: Anastasis.7258

Anastasis.7258

I guess every good thief in that situation will do the same thing as Ben did, because you only need to touch me once to down me. For his situation, he basically have no time to put his blinding powder because I already bulls charged him right after he go into stealth, and his stun break in cd. At beginning of the fight he did put blinding powder and heart seeker + mug but missed everything, and that still keeps him stay in stealth. In other words, I messed up his stealth rotation.

Ben Zy is actually a good, decent thief, so I’m not insulting him. I’m just here to show people that warrior isn’t pathetic class, and showing people how powerful Longbow Warrior is when you mastered it.

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

What a bunch of hypocrysis smoking out of this thread. Loved the video. We need more small videos of good plays like these. Cheers.

in PvP

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

I guess every good thief in that situation will do the same thing as Ben did, because you only need to touch me once to down me. For his situation, he basically have no time to put his blinding powder because I already bulls charged him right after he go into stealth, and his stun break in cd. At beginning of the fight he did put blinding powder and heart seeker + mug but missed everything, and that still keeps him stay in stealth. In other words, I messed up his stealth rotation.

Ben Zy is actually a good, decent thief, so I’m not insulting him. I’m just here to show people that warrior isn’t pathetic class, and showing people how powerful Longbow Warrior is when you mastered it.

Really? Even lv1 player thieves in hotjoin knows better than this and just use dagger 2 or 3 to just instant gib you. Only thing you showed was a fluke and that’s grounds to say how powerful LB warrior is? Also you still down but a necro came to save you. Should I make a video of be HB someone and put it in slow mode with some music in the background and in big flashing text “GOD LIKE”. That video is worse than people posting WvW solo roaming killing low levels who are retreating.

Also I’m not saying he’s a bad thief, I’m saying showing a video where someone made a mistake and you take it as you’re the best ever kind of BS.

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Really? Even lv1 player thieves in hotjoin knows better than this and just use dagger 2 or 3 to just instant gib you. Only thing you showed was a fluke and that’s grounds to say how powerful LB warrior is? Also you still down but a necro came to save you. Should I make a video of be HB someone and put it in slow mode with some music in the background and in big flashing text “GOD LIKE”. That video is worse than people posting WvW solo roaming killing low levels who are retreating.

Also I’m not saying he’s a bad thief, I’m saying showing a video where someone made a mistake and you take it as you’re the best ever kind of BS.

I just feel like you are extrapolating your anger. It was a good timed dodge which resulted in a good play because the thief was denied his burst. Are you mad with someone else and taking out on people who put videos on the forums?

in PvP

Posted by: Legacy.7360

Legacy.7360

Take the video for what it’s worth. A training tool. Don’t be a “tool” about it, honestly.. he’s giving the community some tips on how to typically avoid death at low health. Yes he was put down only because a 2nd person came through but rallied up right away.

Some people on these forums love to take things out of context for absolutely no reason.

To the OP: Kudos for putting this topic in light for those who lack the PvP common sense trait.

Guardian <3
Dragon
Platinnum – Zerker Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

You played well, but the thief played terribly.

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Nice play.
But i must say that it was the player and not the class who won the fight. You avoided all his moves but if the thief were as good as you and manage to do the same (he can do that more easely than you) you would never win that fight.

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

those zerker thieves or thieves as a class in general are basically the most easy thing to kill as a zerker war with skills off cd . you can always immo them and 100b then 3 the air they will come out down

even if you failed that, or not that good with GS

you can always just LB F1 3 and they pretty much down at that point

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

No offense to you or Ben zy, but no good thief would do what he did in that situation…he was just careless.

First off – he had basilisk up before he even went in…no good thief does that because any decent person (like yourself) would watch for his basi and dodge his first attack.

2nd – if he would have seen that you were trying to dodge my combo, he should have immediately switched to SB and immobilized you with surprise shot, then clusterbombed you to death and/or trick shotted you if he saw you use bulls charge. There is no way you could dodge all his surprise shots before he come out of stealth therefore you WILL definitely get immobilized. Instead, he spent all the time he had in stealth chasing you trying to land the backstab…

He just made poor decisions after poor decisions in that fight. I’m not taking away that you did well for the amount of HP you had because it I give you props for playing it cool without panicking, but it really was Ben Zy’s fault that you managed to kill him.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

(edited by Amaterasu.6280)

in PvP

Posted by: Defyx.3956

Defyx.3956

No offense to you or Ben zy, but no good thief would do what he did in that situation…he was just careless.
First off – he had basilisk up before he even went in…no good thief does that because any decent person (like yourself) would watch for his basi and dodge his first attack.
2nd – if he would have seen that you were trying to dodge my combo, he should have immediately switched to SB and immobilized you with surprise shot, then clusterbombed you to death and/or trick shotted you if he saw you use bulls charge. There is no way you could dodge all his surprise shots before he come out of stealth therefore you WILL definitely get immobilized. Instead, he spent all the time he had in stealth chasing you trying to land the backstab…
He just made poor decisions after poor decisions in that fight. I’m not taking away that you did well for the amount of HP you had because it I give you props for playing it cool without panicking, but it really was Ben Zy’s fault that you managed to kill him.

This

Plus you made some decisions which would have make you loose against a good thief as blowing your 2 (3?) dodges all at once. This time you were lucky (or maybe you knew what kind of thief he is as you seem to know him) coz the thief actually kept trying to land his backstab but if he had give up, gone away of your fire field and used his shortbow he could have done anything he wanted coz you had no dodge left.

Anyways you were obvioulsy better than the thief and you can be proud of that but with such an appealing title we expect a good level display from both side

Dr Hehz-Ele

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Maybe Ben Zy should upgrade to the thief controller, of which I cannot find a pic.

You know the one, the one with the joystick and 1 button with Heart Strike on it.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

A perfect mix of a skilled warrior, lucky dodges and a thief who screwed up.

Forum post worthy? ehh….

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Wait..so you tell me that the thief didnt play properly???
And you had to watch the video to realise this? Is there any other way someone at 5% hp can take on a thief?
Nice video btw!

in PvP

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Maybe Ben Zy should upgrade to the thief controller, of which I cannot find a pic.

You know the one, the one with the joystick and 1 button with Heart Strike on it.

15 chars///

Attachments:

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Well, funny vid. But to say, even the best warrior wouldn’t be capable of killing a BM-ranger. Not gonna happen outside of hotjoin.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

15 chars///

That’s the one

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows