Humble Petition

Humble Petition

in PvP

Posted by: Tyrion.9015

Tyrion.9015

Hope you read it.
Hello, im writing this to you because it is important and i want to share with the devs if they agree. I already talked to a GM and loved the idea. Now it’s your turn to read me (or not)
You know Gw the Original has the best PVP ever. Noone has made a PVP that is as good as this was. Some people still play PVP nowadays because GW was half of their lives.
The reason i am writing this is because i want to ask you for something. I first played this game back in 2006 in a FREE PVP accounts weekend. My petition is for you to make this again and do it permanently. Make GW the Original free for PVP-only accounts. I am not asking for new content or that crazy thins. I know it might be difficult but i think it will be beneficial. I feel like we are loosing a KEY factor of online games today wich is TEAMPLAY and FRIENDSHIP. I made a lot of friends here. Used to play in thousands of guilds. In this era, we have games where you queue alone, you play alone and that’s it. This game made frienship and making a team a MUST and that’s very important in an online game.
I said earlier that it will be BENEFICIAL. Why? You would think. Once you taste it’s PvP you will LOVE IT and you will want to play the whole game (and pay for it). It is as easy as it looks on paper. This game is already full of gold sellers and botters so a bunch of free pvp accounts won’t damage it more.
The community can do AMAZING THINGS (i am talking about streamings, tourneys, etc.) with the RIGHT TOOLS given. Also, the more people you get the more publicity you will get for the GW SAGA.
It can be a good oportunity NOW, that other companies are making things with their legacy games. It makes you trust again.
I hope you read my letter and make it happen. You will make a lot of people happy and maybe you will start something BIG. This would be a nice 12 Y.O present.
Thanks, Tyrion.

Humble Petition

in PvP

Posted by: bulauchenka.5382

bulauchenka.5382

done!
free accounts can play pvp all week <(^_*)>

Humble Petition

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I have been spending more and more time in GW1. In fact, I just got back from the Ruins of Surmia. I haven’t PvP’d there yet…

Still, the community really is a community. If you ask for help you generally get it. The game play is all about strategy and management instead of reaction time.

I’m reasonably sure I’ll find the same in GW1 PvP, though I do expect a dose of salt too. You can buy the entire GW1, all the expansions for a bit less than HoT, if I’m not mistaken. So, I don’t see it going to free.

( On a personal note; Wow the GW1 Mesmer. They are fierce. The GW2 Mesmer doesn’t compare very well. )

Mesmerising Girl

Humble Petition

in PvP

Tyrion.9015

You can buy the entire GW1, all the expansions for a bit less than HoT, if I’m not mistaken. So, I don’t see it going to free.

A: The problem is that people may see buying an almost 12yo game stupid. I understand you but i think gw pvp free is the best option. If you like the game later, you can buy it. If not, you can just stick with the pvp

( On a personal note; Wow the GW1 Mesmer. They are fierce. The GW2 Mesmer doesn’t compare very well. ) A: I totally agree . Gw1 mesmer>gw2 mesmer by far

Sorry i quoted that really bad

Humble Petition

in PvP

Posted by: Itz Jay.8941

Itz Jay.8941

+1 I miss the gw1 atmosphere :/ gw2 seems like cod infinite warfare

Humble Petition

in PvP

Tyrion.9015

+1 I miss the gw1 atmosphere :/ gw2 seems like cod infinite warfare

Feet on the ground!

Gw1 has such an amazing pvp system and can actually be e-sport-able. People can promote it but we need pvp free for people to try it. Steam can be the platform to easily promote it!

Humble Petition

in PvP

Tyrion.9015

Humble Petition

in PvP

Tyrion.9015

http://i.imgur.com/a2MoOQq.jpg for the nostalgic ppl. If there’s someone still

Humble Petition

in PvP

Posted by: aggelos r.5387

aggelos r.5387

how much i loved palying gvg

Humble Petition

in PvP

Tyrion.9015

You can say how much i love playing gvg if you come back

Humble Petition

in PvP

aggelos r.5387

You can say how much i love playing gvg if you come back

the problem is that im from greece and there is no greek guilds any more and gvg needs good comunication

Humble Petition

in PvP

Tyrion.9015

But you can commnunicate in english right? It’s all about trying

Humble Petition

in PvP

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

There is a reason GW is unsupported now, they want you in GW2 not the original, they condemn everything about that game.

Humble Petition

in PvP

Tyrion.9015

There is a reason GW is unsupported now, they want you in GW2 not the original, they condemn everything about that game.

I bought gw2 when it was released. They got enough from me i think. They are different games and CAN co-exist one as a nice and coloured pve game (with extras) and the other as a competitive pvp focused game (with extras).

Humble Petition

in PvP

Rukia.9860

I bought gw2 when it was released. They got enough from me i think. They are different games and CAN co-exist one as a nice and coloured pve game (with extras) and the other as a competitive pvp focused game (with extras).

We can dream I suppose

Humble Petition

in PvP

Tyrion.9015

We can dream I suppose

They should copy Blizzard and they games politic (cross games rewards and stuff)

Humble Petition

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

In case people have forgotten what an extended team fight while leveraging momentum looks like in high end PvP

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Humble Petition

in PvP

Tyrion.9015

In case people have forgotten what an extended team fight while leveraging momentum looks like in high end PvP

For the ones that play LoL and follow it’s competitive scene. Jatt Kittenstomper is Riot Jatt

Humble Petition

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

For the ones that play LoL and follow it’s competitive scene. Jatt Kittenstomper is Riot Jatt

I remember hearing rawr’s voice com ages ago and Polly regularly came into people’s TS/Vent to help tutor up and rising guilds. As soon as I heard Jatt’s voice on one of the LCS commentaries I was like “wait a second…”

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Humble Petition

in PvP

Rukia.9860

To say it puts GW2 pvp to shame is what I would consider the biggest understatement ever.

Every time I see those vids I begin hating ANet all over again for creating this mainstream garbage in comparison.

Look what you threw away… imagine how huge the esport scene would be in GW1 TODAY, hell esport was completely new back then and people went crazy for GvG.

Biggest missed opportunity in the history of gaming for both the devs and the players. Now look at what they have to show, a dead pvp scene. Good job.. at least you made a ton of money tho right

Humble Petition

in PvP

Tyrion.9015

To say it puts GW2 pvp to shame is what I would consider the biggest understatement ever.

Every time I see those vids I begin hating ANet all over again for creating this mainstream garbage in comparison.

Look what you threw away… imagine how huge the esport scene would be in GW1 TODAY, hell esport was completely new back then and people went crazy for GvG.

Biggest missed opportunity in the history of gaming for both the devs and the players. Now look at what they have to show, a dead pvp scene. Good job.. at least you made a ton of money tho right

This is not dead until we can’t play anymore. The only thing this game needs is community again. If we can get a lot of people back, we can do something great. I will fight for it, trust me.

Humble Petition

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

This is not dead until we can’t play anymore. The only thing this game needs is community again. If we can get a lot of people back, we can do something great. I will fight for it, trust me.

How do you expect to get players to come back to it. When it has some of the worst PvP in all of current gaming? Plus you have to pay in order make believe you are competing. On top of that all of the games that have much much much better PvP are F2P with no strings attached.

Sorry I personally don’t see it. I bet ANet don’t see it either. Hence why they gave up on eSports, and more then likely the mode in general. But one can hope I guess. But with all of the actual fun, skill based, competitive PvP games on the market. What hope does GW2 have, when it’s dev team can’t even be bother to shake up the meta in over 6 months or longer. Let alone make a proper attempt at balancing around PvP? Let alone balance the game more frequently then 3 to 6 months? Sorry the realist in me just don’t see it happening at all.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

(edited by Reaper Alim.4176)

Humble Petition

in PvP

Tyrion.9015

How do you expect to get players to come back to it. When it has some of the worst PvP in all of current gaming?

Stopped here. Sure u didn’t play gw1 m8

Humble Petition

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

How do you expect to get players to come back to it. When it has some of the worst PvP in all of current gaming?

I not talking about GW1 I’m talking about GW2 you know the most infamous casual non P2W PvE MMORPG on the market. You are begging PvPers who want no part in such mockery to return to the one thing that they hated so much they’ve lefted regardless of how much time and money they’ve invested into this game. But yeah you can do like the rest and ignore such statements.

Facts are that GW2’s PvP is nowhere near fun, skill-based, or competitive as other PvP games on the market.

- GW2 PvE game mode’s are far far more valued. Then their PvP counter parts will ever be. (This alone is a huge part of the problem)

-GW2’s PvP has no balance team, and the PvE balance team only balances every 3 to 6 months. While other PvP games balances every 2 to 4 weeks sometimes faster should something be completely broken in their PvP. With complete Meta shifts every 3 months. (This is a big contributor to the state of the current day GW2’s PvP community.)

- GW2’s Business model is to sell power creep to make players effortlessly more powerful. Other PvP games just sell skins and XP bonus gains. (Which turns off many competitive PvPers, and prevents them from having a thought about returning.)

- GW2’s Ranked PvP Leagues are very Troll and Hacker friendly. In GW2 people purposely trolling matches are allowed to continue trolling match nearly Ad Infinitum with little to no recourse. In PvP games these players would have been suspended if not had their accounts perma-banned.

So again I’ll ask. How do you expect to pull players, who lefted GW2 for other PvP games, back without solving these issues? Sorry man/women but if you think by just advertising GW2, or offering more PvE rewards are going to pull these players back. Then you are more naive then I, and that is saying something.

TL/DR :

The only chance in hell ANet will get a shot, at pulling these players back to GW2. Is only when ANet completely resolves all of the issues that forced these players to leave for other PvP games, or MMORPGs in the first place.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Humble Petition

in PvP

Tyrion.9015

I not talking about GW1 I’m talking about GW2 you know the most infamous casual non P2W PvE MMORPG on the market. You are begging PvPers who want no part in such mockery to return to the one thing that they hated so much they’ve lefted regardless of how much time and money they’ve invested into this game. But yeah you can do like the rest and ignore such statements.

Facts are that GW2’s PvP is nowhere near fun, skill-based, or competitive as other PvP games on the market.

- GW2 PvE game mode’s are far far more valued. Then their PvP counter parts will ever be. (This alone is a huge part of the problem)

-GW2’s PvP has no balance team, and the PvE balance team only balances every 3 to 6 months. While other PvP games balances every 2 to 4 weeks sometimes faster should something be completely broken in their PvP. With complete Meta shifts every 3 months. (This is a big contributor to the state of the current day GW2’s PvP community.)

- GW2’s Business model is to sell power creep to make players effortlessly more powerful. Other PvP games just sell skins and XP bonus gains. (Which turns off many competitive PvPers, and prevents them from having a thought about returning.)

- GW2’s Ranked PvP Leagues are very Troll and Hacker friendly. In GW2 people purposely trolling matches are allowed to continue trolling match nearly Ad Infinitum with little to no recourse. In PvP games these players would have been suspended if not had their accounts perma-banned.

So again I’ll ask. How do you expect to pull players, who lefted GW2 for other PvP games, back without solving these issues? Sorry man/women but if you think by just advertising GW2, or offering more PvE rewards are going to pull these players back. Then you are more naive then I, and that is saying something.

TL/DR :

The only chance in hell ANet will get a shot, at pulling these players back to GW2. Is only when ANet completely resolves all of the issues that forced these players to leave for other PvP games, or MMORPGs in the first place.

We missunterdstood each other man. I’m talking to come back to GW1! even louder now that 2 “has been slain” PVP-wise . I think that GW2 is a MMO PVE oriented game and PVP in those games NEVER work. The first post asks for a F2P only for PVP accounts in GW1 to make people come back/to try. I also think that GW1 has one of the best PVP’s ever and with minor tweaks (and eager?) can make it to the esports (or at least do better than GW2, wich pretty ez).

Humble Petition

in PvP

Posted by: MatthiasL.5346

MatthiasL.5346

Would love to play gw1 pvp again. Gw1 shows what exactly went wrong with gw2: there is no energy system which prevent spell-spamming. Stuns can be spammed in gw2 as well whereas stuns in gw1 were rare and had to be used wisely. All in all there was best pvp in gw1 because of the pace the game had. People could counterplay each other due to longer casting time of spells.

Humble Petition

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I’m playing GW1 now, working my way through the Kryta story arc. I haven’t gone to PvP yet, but the gameplay is remarkable.

How I’d love to be able to play my GW2 Mesmer GW1 style.

Mesmerising Girl

Humble Petition

in PvP

aggelos r.5387

really Tyrion do you know who was pvp programmer in gw1 an what happen?

Humble Petition

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Do tell, I’m a big fan of history.

Mesmerising Girl

Humble Petition

in PvP

Tyrion.9015

Nope, but you are going to tell me right?

Humble Petition

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Gawd kitten it just bring it back!

JUST DO IT!

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Humble Petition

in PvP

aggelos r.5387

No i dont know but i think Kommando just tell us or not , but i dont know just ask

(edited by aggelos r.5387)

Humble Petition

in PvP

Tyrion.9015

No i dont know but i think Kommando just tell us or not , but i dont know just ask

Ah they may be in amazon games right? But i think they arent “making a RIOT” with GW1. Arenanet can make us happy really easy

Humble Petition

in PvP

Tyrion.9015

Remember to check my petition about eSports https://www.change.org/p/arenanet-make-gw1-playable-esport-able-and-competitive-again . I see that devs are working hard on spvp (LUL) because they dont even answer the community. Why are this forums still up if they haven’t even posted anything about the ESL thing? Whats the point of this forum?

Blizzard is killing you!