Humiliation

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Qudinal.7392

Qudinal.7392

Humiliation is a real good idea – keep up with that.

Nothing is better after humiliating your enemy after a 500/499

I wish they would implement a /spit emote for that.

kk thx ez topic ez life

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

/kick in the nuts

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Leafstorm.1349

Leafstorm.1349

Rofl! Yeah, it’s a great way to keep people from quitting SPvP.

Leafmender, Leader of Lion Knight.
Zoe Nightmare (Necro)

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

According to Guild Chat, it’s a fun way to end the match. I know I’m highly motivated to play often when I watch the winning team dance above my corpse.

Mesmerising Girl

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Qudinal.7392

Qudinal.7392

Please Arena Net – give us some option to disable this “fun way to end the match”.

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

If you lost the match, chances are there where many times during the game where you where dead on the ground with a enemy standing over you, I don’t understand why having it at the end of match is a big deal.

Also don’t get why people trigger over this, but are fine with finishers.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

If you lost the match, chances are there where many times during the game where you where dead on the ground with a enemy standing over you, I don’t understand why having it at the end of match is a big deal.

Because finishers add mechanical flavour to the game. Dancing over a corpse just adds humiliation. A finisher can be humiliating, but it’s also interesting and can even be a little humorous. Dancing over a corpse is not interesting. It’s humiliation and nothing else. Perhaps a replay of any finishers used against the losing team during the game would be more appropriate. If no finishers were used, then some stock footage of one using models of characters from that game would be fine. This will still add a little humiliation, but not to be demoralizing, unless you’re super sensitive, in which case you probably shouldn’t be playing PvP game mode.

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

I mean if it’s really that big a deal you could either look at the pvp menu which obstructs your vision of that or you could leave the match so you don’t see it. I’m not exactly a fan of straight humiliation to an already volatile playerbase but there are ways right now to deal with it if it’s a problem.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

It’s humiliation and nothing else. Perhaps a replay of any finishers used against the losing team during the game would be more appropriate.

Yeah like Overwatch, play of the game showing what won the match!

epic music playing
camera zooms in from above the battlefield
epic text with the player name

15s of a bunker guard standing on an uncontested point while there is cricket noise

Humiliation

in PvP

Ario.8964

It’s humiliation and nothing else. Perhaps a replay of any finishers used against the losing team during the game would be more appropriate.

Yeah like Overwatch, play of the game showing what won the match!

epic music playing
camera zooms in from above the battlefield
epic text with the player name

15s of a bunker guard standing on an uncontested point while there is cricket noise

Not gonna lie, that’d be pretty funny to watch the first few times.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfeen.6310

Wolfeen.6310

People QQing about the end of a match because they lose ahah Jesus christ this world we’re living in is lost.

Asking Anet to change this because you ain’t able to change your game into a win isn’t a solution. You’ll still lose anyway, git güt and you’ll be on top of ennemis’ body !

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

If you open the panel to see the top stats you’ll not see the pile of corpses, otherwise just click to exit from the match.

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Spoichiche.1290

Spoichiche.1290

Man, a /spit would be so good. Anet, please, make this a thing !

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

pssstt… you’re not asking for it right. try something like this

ahem

I would pay 400 gems for a /spit emote

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

ahem

Winner winner this man may have just broken the forums. Yess we need to request things here now with the offer to buy gems for it.

“Anet I would kindly ask for a queable 2v2 and courtyard tdm que. I will be willing to pay in gems”

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

ahem

Winner winner this man may have just broken the forums. Yess we need to request things here now with the offer to buy gems for it.

“Anet I would kindly ask for a queable 2v2 and courtyard tdm que. I will be willing to pay in gems”

thumbs up

it’s also good to name your price too. for example

anet i would pay the price of 1000 gems for entrance into a 2v2 queue

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

What else do you want after a loss ? An Anet employee to come to your house with a big box of tissues and a shoulder to cry on ? Grow some cojones ese !

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

And thus PvP continues to only be good for reward tracks and dailies.

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

I dont get the complaint.
Personally, I just leave the match once the score’s been decided and queue up again, win or lose (unless I’m really curious about how the scores were for a match).

Being on the losing end and left on the floor dead while the victors do whatever on their podiums doesn’t bother me any. I’m not flustered by some aesthetic to the game mode. What led to us being on that losing end is something worth more frustration and energy than something like this.

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I would love the ability to replay a match on video after it’s over. Would help one study what went wrong during a match. Both with your team as well as with your own missplays.

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

I think that showing the winners dancing over the dead body of their opponents doesn’t bring really good emotions to the game:

Winners have the win itself that matters far more, so unless it was a really close match (that are so rare) or are fighting vs someone that trash talked probably wont really care.

Looser, on the other hand wont have fun of it… ever.

I think that Heroes of the Storm has a better idea: Instead of just showing the winners, better show the players that did most for their team from BOTH teams. Now the screen can make feel more kitten the winners that scored higher and feel better the best players from the team that lost.

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Marciolegal.3461

Marciolegal.3461

Because finishers add mechanical flavour to the game. Dancing over a corpse just adds humiliation. A finisher can be humiliating, but it’s also interesting and can even be a little humorous. Dancing over a corpse is not interesting. It’s humiliation and nothing else. Perhaps a replay of any finishers used against the losing team during the game would be more appropriate. If no finishers were used, then some stock footage of one using models of characters from that game would be fine. This will still add a little humiliation, but not to be demoralizing, unless you’re super sensitive, in which case you probably shouldn’t be playing PvP game mode.

A small video with random cool coments would be great too, if possible.

Humiliation

in PvP

Dawdler.8521

I think that Heroes of the Storm has a better idea: Instead of just showing the winners, better show the players that did most for their team from BOTH teams. Now the screen can make feel more kitten the winners that scored higher and feel better the best players from the team that lost.

Waaaaaaaat nonono I think you have GW2 confused with some sort of PvP game where the players are in focus.

Conquest is only about the random team you had the random luck to get randomly assigned to. Clearly better than any such laughable non-competetive game no one has ever heard of (how can you be a hero of a storm anyway, did you beat up the storm in combat? Or did you save the storm and is now its hero?).

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

meh people must have some really thin skin to be bothered by this. I actually like it because i can review stats in peace. Many times in the past ive won or lost a match and want to review stats but the enemy player wants to keep fighting me. If i ignore him he actually believes he beat me in the 1v1. lol

Match is over! Anything done after that is irrelevant.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

meh people must have some really thin skin to be bothered by this. I actually like it because i can review stats in peace. Many times in the past ive won or lost a match and want to review stats but the enemy player wants to keep fighting me. If i ignore him he actually believes he beat me in the 1v1. lol

Match is over! Anything done after that is irrelevant.

It doesn’t bother me, per se. However, I do feel its implementation was in poor taste.

They removed certain emotes and changed how other emotes worked in game with the the original implementation because they wanted to keep things “friendly.” For example, you can’t point and laugh at someone. It was adjusted (between GW1 and GW2) to be laugh with someone. That is a very distinct and obvious choice. It seems with the introduction of finishers, oh so long ago, this approach has changed.

To add a “gloat” option like this is essentially just promoting poor sportsmanship. Which I neither condone, nor approve of, but that’s just my personal opinion on it.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Humiliation

in PvP

Ario.8964

I’m honestly just curious now as to what the reasoning was behind this being put in over other possible things. Who thought “forget build templates, let’s put in a humiliation system at the end of matches”?

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I think you guys are taking this game way too seriously and end of match screen way too seriously.

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

I think you guys are taking this game way too seriously and end of match screen way too seriously.

I think that every single people that complains about others in a disrespectful way instead of ignoring them or giving tips/explaining what and why he should have done other thing take the game too seriously and personal. But thats what I think.

What I know is that well designed systems have influence in how we react to situations: In games when you hear “double”, “triple”, “quadrakill”… the system is encouraging to go for the penta, to keep playing aggressively. In real life when you go to a Mc Donalds and find “not that comfortable” fixed chairs its because they are a fast food enterprise and don’t want you to stay there all the day: just long enough to eat and let others sit.
There are real study’s on those things, and as much as they can be used in detriment of the consumer, they can be used to give the players better experiences too. Promoting toxicity, even in a really small way, is not good in my opinion and doesn’t really cost too much to fix.

Humiliation

in PvP

Hot Boy.7138

I think that every single people that complains about others in a disrespectful way instead of ignoring them or giving tips/explaining what and why he should have done other thing take the game too seriously and personal. But thats what I think.

What I know is that well designed systems have influence in how we react to situations: In games when you hear “double”, “triple”, “quadrakill”… the system is encouraging to go for the penta, to keep playing aggressively. In real life when you go to a Mc Donalds and find “not that comfortable” fixed chairs its because they are a fast food enterprise and don’t want you to stay there all the day: just long enough to eat and let others sit.
There are real study’s on those things, and as much as they can be used in detriment of the consumer, they can be used to give the players better experiences too. Promoting toxicity, even in a really small way, is not good in my opinion and doesn’t really cost too much to fix.

I don’t think the end of match screen is toxic at all. It’s a joke. The toxicity during the match from people on the same team is real toxicity, and that’s 100xs worst than the end of match screen.

(edited by Hot Boy.7138)

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Abraxxus.8971

Abraxxus.8971

Just do what I do, exit the match as soon as it’s over, win or lose.

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Sherman.4631

Sherman.4631

People saying it brings toxicity is nothing more than an extension of the community (sPvP) which is the most toxic I have ever seen in any video game, so pretty much adding gasoline to the fire for them

We’re out of chicken

Humiliation

in PvP

Hot Boy.7138

People saying it brings toxicity is nothing more than an extension of the community (sPvP) which is the most toxic I have ever seen in any video game, so pretty much adding gasoline to the fire for them

That makes sense. Spvp community in this game is also the most toxic community I have ever come across in any game.

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

That makes sense. Spvp community in this game is also the most toxic community I have ever come across in any game.

guess you haven’t played very many games.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Humiliation

in PvP

Dawdler.8521

guess you haven’t played very many games.

Last time I tried to play a moba I got kicked 30s after joining my first match with reason stated as “noob”. I dont even remember if it was dota, lol or whatever. It doesnt really matter, does it?

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

voice chat in overwatch can get pretty bad. but it’s pretty much what you’d get in team chat in gw2 but in voice form.

I’ve found interesting parallels between the sombra or mei who whine about comps when we have 3 dps already to the people in gw2 who are the first to bad mouth their team when their gameplay ain’t any better.

anyway, the end screen is the least of my concern. getting a fa ele or pistol thf triggers me more.

(edited by Kuya.6495)

Humiliation

in PvP

Dawdler.8521

I’ve found interesting parallels between the sombra or mei who whine about comps when we have 3 dps already to the people in gw2 who are the first to bad mouth their team when their gameplay ain’t any better.

Now imagine if each overwatch character had 10 different stat sets ranging from dps, bunker, tank, healer and combinations of each… then on top of that, everyone had different builds that made them more dps, tank or healer. And then on top of that you gave everyone a free selection of different weapons and combat skill.

Then when joining a match none of this is shown to other players so you have to guess the composition.

Overwatch would be awesome, right? Lol.

Structured PvP is a lie.

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Alehin.3746

Alehin.3746

I love when people get mad over such small things. Some days ago i was roaming in wvw, i killed a thief next to a camp and said thief whispered “2v1, you’re so good, f****** f*****”" just because i killed him while my friend watched us from ~2.000 distance. i love when they get all salty and crispy, and make excuses for dying. Its almost like dying in a game = dying irl. lmao

Y’all should stop being mad at everything that happens to you, its just a game. If a video game character dancing makes you so mad, why do you even play it? God, how i loved people like this on Archeage, making money while making carebears cry… hmmm!

ps: found the screenshot! hah!

Attachments:

hi (sorry for bad english)

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Its almost like dying in a game = dying irl. lmao

That’s when you know you’re living too vicariously through yourself.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

This screen isn’t about humiliation, it’s a response to toxicity

Attachments:

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: timetopat.7921

timetopat.7921

Ive never seen anyone ( winners or losers) hang around long enough to even utilize the screen. Most groups usually just disband within a few seconds of the game ending. I’m sure someone put work into it but it seems incredibly flawed if everyone leaves after the match.

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

The people that get upset at stuff like the end of match screen when they lose you really shouldn’t be playing anything competitive as far as I am concerned you can’t handle it. And really when you do something badly you should feel a little humiliated. Thats the problem with modern society in general is no one thinks they ever do anything poorly and no one thinks they should ever feel bad about anything even for a 1 second. Not that that stupid screen is meant to be anything but a light hearted joke.

(edited by steelheart.7386)

Humiliation

in PvP

Alehin.3746

Playing condi rev -> providing resistance for the team during a teamfight against a condi heavy team -> our necro run away from us and die instead of just staying inside the heals/boons area -> “everyone just left, kitten ” -> i tell him he ran away from the point, not vice-versa -> they block me

I love soft skin players hahaha

Attachments:

Humiliation

in PvP

Alehin.3746

Some days ago i was roaming in wvw, i killed a thief next to a camp and said thief whispered “2v1, you’re so good, f****** f*****”" just because i killed him while my friend watched us from ~2.000 distance. i love when they get all salty and crispy, and make excuses for dying. Its almost like dying in a game = dying irl. lmao

ps: found the screenshot! hah!

Same dude whispered me while i was afk on my frontline guard, but he called me a “condi kitten”. This guy needs to stop playing this game. hahaha

Attachments:

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

POTG would have hilarious salt generation in gw2.

>a condi thief spamming 4 on nilfel mid while not even strafing
>a full trapper dh killing somebody with ult while somehow missing their auto attacks
>A scrapper just doing normal scrapper things on mid

Humiliation

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Its almost like dying in a game = dying irl. lmao

That’s when you know you’re living too vicariously through yourself.

“Death, good!”

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube