I am trying but...

I am trying but...

in PvP

Posted by: Mssg.7804

Mssg.7804

So we didnt get leaderboards, all info about “almost ready” are lies… game Pv kitten till in beta or at least looks like. However! I am still trying to play for fun, solo que is now only option but, look at the picture and tell me how I can enjoy playing PvP in GW2? the only good system in PvP is just combat mechanic, we can play PvP only for fun because there is no competition… but how without any punishment for afking, without good working matchmaking, without players because there is less and less players every day!

Devs will say – “yea we can see stats and there is more players playing PvP” Yea, those people are PvErs who come to have done thier daily faster. Wake up devs!

Attachments:

I am trying but...

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

why is ur screen black and white

I am trying but...

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Was your entire team afk?
tPvP is in need of a rank restriction. Ok, I know people would hate it: “it’s against what was stated in the manifesto: any newbie could join full pvp right away, from lv1”, but the amount of newbies that doesn’t even know how to move around the map is too high.
Either lv restriction (r15 <, maybe), or put a giant red arrow pointing to the hotjoin npc.

I am trying but...

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Actually that’s a very well balanced match.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

I am trying but...

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

why is ur screen black and white

Because he is dead.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

I am trying but...

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

This has been posted since BETA.

People have been leaving consistently since beta.
Nothing really has changed but a few balancing tweaks.

It is still an utter pain to meet up with players of your skill level.
It is still an utter pain to find a good match in conquest.
It is still an utter pain to deal with the twitchy bunker/spike meta.

Just makes you think how lucky Anet was that they actually managed to have one good game…

I am trying but...

in PvP

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

Lol’d pretty hard.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

I am trying but...

in PvP

Posted by: JoopFOX.9510

JoopFOX.9510

I can’t believe that peoply still think rank is somehow indicative of skill.

Professor James – Mesmer

I am trying but...

in PvP

Posted by: Nunganok.4590

Nunganok.4590

Lol’d pretty hard.

Same here, lolol.

Did you notice the part where his teammates had 0 points for the entire match?

I can’t believe that peoply still think rank is somehow indicative of skill.

So you’re saying someone that’s rank 10 is as good as someone thats been spvp’ing since launch and is rank 45? Please, explain how this is possible.

Its not that rank is indicative of skill. A skilled pvp’er that’s rank 15 is not going to be better than a skilled pvp’er that is rank 40. The point of the rank restrictions is that people want to pvp with other people that have the same experience in the meta and understand the meta and the little ins and outs of the game. Not everyone wants to sit there and babysit a noob because they are skilled in pvp but new.

(edited by Nunganok.4590)

I am trying but...

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

This is going to happen in any game with solo queue, if you were up against a pre made that may be a different story.

And @ rank v skill, there are people (and teams) that stopped playing months ago that could come back and likely dominate the NA scene within a few weeks. Some people are just naturally better at video gaming than others, regardless of time spent.
For example:
I have a RL friend named Robert who used to play WoW on a professional level (for whatever that’s worth). I’d be playing a game for months -like any type of game, I remember I played this Tony Hawk Downhill racing game on the Wii for like 2 months straight and he came over one day, picked up the controller while I was in the bathroom, played for like 20 minutes and beat all my high scores.
Not to completely disregard time spent or anything, it’s just that the quality of time (in terms of skill progression) is much greater for some people than others. It all just goes back to quality > quantity, but that’s not to say that there aren’t any really strong high rank players and teams at all, just that there will be some bad r50+ and some amazing r20- people. Sorry for the messy explanation! – I might write an article about it sometime to help clear all this up, I have a few friends that are in grad school for psychology and I’d like to get their opinion to further clarify my experience with this topic.
TL;DR: quality of time > quantity of time

Neglekt

I am trying but...

in PvP

Posted by: Nunganok.4590

Nunganok.4590

This is going to happen in any game with solo queue, if you were up against a pre made that may be a different story.

And @ rank v skill, there are people (and teams) that stopped playing months ago that could come back and likely dominate the NA scene within a few weeks. Some people are just naturally better at video gaming than others, regardless of time spent.
For example:
I have a RL friend named Robert who used to play WoW on a professional level (for whatever that’s worth). I’d be playing a game for months -like any type of game, I remember I played this Tony Hawk Downhill racing game on the Wii for like 2 months straight and he came over one day, picked up the controller while I was in the bathroom, played for like 20 minutes and beat all my high scores.
Not to completely disregard time spent or anything, it’s just that the quality of time (in terms of skill progression) is much greater for some people than others. It all just goes back to quality > quantity, but that’s not to say that there aren’t any really strong high rank players and teams at all, just that there will be some bad r50+ and some amazing r20- people. Sorry for the messy explanation! – I might write an article about it sometime to help clear all this up, I have a few friends that are in grad school for psychology and I’d like to get their opinion to further clarify my experience with this topic.

So basically you are agreeing with me? That rank means nothing, the only people that care about rank are implying rank restrictions because they are people that want to immediately pvp with people who already understand the meta.

I made the comparison between a rank 10 and a rank 40 because even if someone thats rank 10 and quit months ago came back right now they would not be as skilled as a rank 40.

Yes I agree there are people that CAN come back and SPEND TIME acclimating themselves to the game in its current state and quickly compete on par with the upper echelons of the community. Anyone can, all they have to do is not be a total noob to pvp, watch streams/videos, research the meta and practice.

The point I was making about rank restrictions is that some people do it because they are looking for random people that they need to know are knowledgeable of the game already.

If a rank 10 whispered you and said “Im really good, trust me” and a rank 45 whispered you and said “Yeah Ill come do tournaments with you” which would you take? Would you possibly waste your time with the rank 10? Maybe he actually is good? Or would you take the rank 45 since they clearly already know whats going on?

If I was forming a team, I would GLADLY take someone thats a boss at gw2 pvp that quit months ago and work with them for a couple weeks. But thats not what rank restrictions are for…they are for grabbing people quickly and getting in a few rounds.

…But that was never the issue we were adressing or discussing. Thats you explaining a hypothetical scenario that benefits your argument. So basically its just a what if statement….

(edited by Nunganok.4590)

I am trying but...

in PvP

Posted by: SwickHobo.5096

SwickHobo.5096

For example:

So basically you are agreeing with me? That rank means nothing, the only people that care about rank are implying rank restrictions because they are people that want to immediately pvp with people who already understand the meta.

I made the comparison between a rank 10 and a rank 40 because even if someone thats rank 10 and quit months ago came back right now they would not be as skilled as a rank 40.

Yes I agree there are people that CAN come back and SPEND TIME acclimating themselves to the game in its current state and quickly compete on par with the upper echelons of the community. Anyone can, all they have to do is not be a total noob to pvp, watch streams/videos, research the meta and practice.

The point I was making about rank restrictions is that some people do it because they are looking for random people that they need to know are knowledgeable of the game already.

If a rank 10 whispered you and said “Im really good, trust me” and a rank 45 whispered you and said “Yeah Ill come do tournaments with you” which would you take? Would you possibly waste your time with the rank 10? Maybe he actually is good? Or would you take the rank 45 since they clearly already know whats going on?

If I was forming a team, I would GLADLY take someone thats a boss at gw2 pvp that quit months ago and work with them for a couple weeks. But thats not what rank restrictions are for…they are for grabbing people quickly and getting in a few rounds.

…But that was never the issue we were adressing or discussing. Thats you explaining a hypothetical scenario that benefits your argument. So basically its just a what if statement….

You missed his point entirely….. Currently your rank in pvp signifies nothing but your time spent playing pvp. Experience does indeed mean somethings, but its not everything. I know i personally learned a lot more from watching streams then actually playing. If i spent half my time watching videos of good players and the other half playing i may be lower rank then the person who does nothing but play. But it doesn’t mean i’m worse then him. In fact i prolly have twice the knowledge of him despite his rank being almost twice as high as mine.

tldr: Time spent playing=/= skill level.

I am trying but...

in PvP

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

if you learn more from watching than playing then you’re not trying different things

I am trying but...

in PvP

Posted by: Hanzo.9624

Hanzo.9624

Red Team Rank Total: 77
Blue Team Rank Total: 83

I am trying but...

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

For example:
I have a RL friend named Robert….

Uhm.

He says rank is a easy way to quickly see if someone is experienced with the game.
You say rank doesn’t tell you everything about skill.

Brace yourselves….
Both are true.

(edited by garethh.3518)