I don't like pvp anymore

I don't like pvp anymore

in PvP

Posted by: NineLives.8725

NineLives.8725

This won’t be a million words topic.

I don’t like when burst become the new supra meta. This is like to play with dices, and there is no point about this, especially in a game which banned healers.

Sorry but I definitly don’t understand where is the point in this, burst meta everywhere, no healers … Why ? Just … why ?

I left WvW because of this, and now I leave pvp and so the whole game because of this.

I don't like pvp anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I am confused as to why they introduced so many new defensive skills/traits considering they make no difference to how long you live…

Also toughness is now completely redundant.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

I don't like pvp anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

well thank you for telling us, can i have your stuff

I don't like pvp anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

just play mes, ele, guardian and have fun

I don't like pvp anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Same

Ranger | Elementalist

I don't like pvp anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

i just came back recently and i’m ready to take another long brake…

I don't like pvp anymore

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Wanna heal and support? There’s a shout, AH, bunker guard build making a come back. High healing power, really pumps out the support.

No matter your toughness, healing and health, you still gotta dodge though.

I don't like pvp anymore

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Same feeling. No reason to play anything but Mes/Ele right now. The game is broken.

I don't like pvp anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

I am confused as to why they introduced so many new defensive skills/traits considering they make no difference to how long you live…

Yeah, this has to be the first MMORPG I have ever played where armor offered only a visual difference and offered no protection or damage mitigation.

Same feeling. No reason to play anything but Mes/Ele right now. The game is broken.

I think the PvP servers I have seen recently would agree with that assessment. The last one I saw had 6 Mesmers (3 to a team), 3 Elementalists (2 on one team, 1 on another) and one Thief (boy did THEY feel out of place I am guessing).

I figured the time-to-live on that game lasted only a few microseconds, if that.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

I don't like pvp anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Yeah, this has to be the first MMORPG I have ever played where armor offered only a visual difference and offered no protection or damage mitigation.

I think the PvP servers I have seen recently would agree with that assessment. The last one I saw had 6 Mesmers (3 to a team), 3 Elementalists (2 on one team, 1 on another) and one Thief (boy did THEY feel out of place I am guessing).

I figured the time-to-live on that game lasted only a few microseconds, if that.

The only builds worth playing are: (not in any particular order).

1-Shatter mesmer, kite and insane burst.
2-Warrior, high burst, some CC, damage immunity on high CD.
3-Power ranger, high burst, some CC, damage immunity on high CD.
4-Power necro, high burst, some CC, second life in form of Shroud.
5-Power thief, high burst, lock down CC on CD, “immunity” in form of stealth.
6-Gimmicky burn guardian, high burst, gimmick burn, damage immunity on high CD.
7-Ele, currently broken, high dps, high burst, high sustain, CC immunity on CD.

Notice a trend there?.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

(edited by Apolo.5942)

I don't like pvp anymore

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

If you leave the game, strip all you toons of gear, sell your mats and collect as much gold as possible…

Next: Spend all your gold on Black Lion weapon skins, by the time you get back to the game in 6 months or what ever, the prices of the skins would have doubled/trippled so sell em off for tonnes of profit. (also works on higher quality dyes like abyss/celestial)

(I’m in the process of doing the same)

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

I don't like pvp anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

u wot m8?

i had 3 out 5 games yesterday with most people running bunker builds necros, eles and guards.

there are some classes that can burst pretty efficiently and fast but it’s not dice game AT ALL at this state.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

I don't like pvp anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

PvP was only good for reward tracks, and nothing else. The changes now reinforce that judgement for me.

I don't like pvp anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Sephius.2876

Sephius.2876

They just need to tone down several classes damage; like looking at mesmer and warrior’s Rampage.

I don't like pvp anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Boots.2849

Boots.2849

you guys do realize that yesterday’s daily was to win as a mesmer right? That’s why you saw so many mesmers