I don't think devs play Necromancers

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

This isn’t exactly some salt thread or just some venting, I honestly don’t believe that the devs who work on the necromancer profession, play the profession.

I actually think this would help very much to give them a first hand look into the daily frustrations of many necromancers.

Try playing ranked pvp and try getting to legendary solely on necromancer.

You’ll understand the frustration of getting singled out every game and not having adequate defenses to actually play the game in front of you lol. Try it. give it a go :P

A while ago some dev posted the stats of an anet employee who plays necromancer… Now i never did think of it at the time; but I have no clue which department that guy even worked in lol. He could very well be a janitor or like work in marketing or something. Who knows. The point is that I don’t believe anyone with any actual influence on the profession plays the profession.

in PvP

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

Do you remember in the previous meta, when not only many necros reached legendary playing solo, but it was actually one of (if not) the easiest class to do so? And you woud find 3~5 necros in each match?
I do. The meta changed, some things got stronger and other things got weaker. But necro weaknesses by class design were exactly just the same.

Pumpkin – Mag

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Is Robert Gee still working with Necromancers and Mesmers?

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

What? Ah ah funny joke OP
Go ask thieves if they think devs can play their class.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in PvP

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

There was an Anet tag farming jq with the yb troll zerg today, and he was a Necro.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I play Necromancer for most of my ranked queue and I’m in diamond Tier 4 now. I don’t even play that often. Just over a over a 100 games played this season and last season I used Necro to get to Legendary with just about 150 or slightly more games played.

So whilst Necro always gets focused (because the top teams have conditioned people to do this), I’ve been able to circumvent that by careful rotation, positioning and timing.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Doctor.1905

Doctor.1905

I think all the top teams in the world championship had a signet condi necromancer on them. The winning EU team (Denial) had Drazeh play a signet condi reaper. It’s true that necros get focused down pretty hard and it’s also true and necros are pretty crappy in 1v1 right now but they act as the artillery of the group. In a team fight, the signet reaper is definitely the most dangerous force because of the way they can condi bomb and shred down anything due to their signet boon strips. Staff 2345, scepter 2, reaper 354, well of corruption, and chilled to the bone can be used to cleave the downed bad guy and his bad guy rezzing buddies straight down into hell where they can think about what they did before they respawn. I feel like necros are pretty balanced in conquest right now.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.3817

Nova.3817

i basiclly only play necro and prestige 2 legendary or w/e you wanna call it mostly done on solo que….

your right and your wrong

your right that necro doesn’t have enough defense to defend themselves with skills or dodges to survive a focused burst ( more so at start of game if you have no DS).

however, fixing this is fairly easy all you have to do is in big team fights and you know you dont have DS just hang back if the enemy team over extends to kill you just LOS them or run around being as defensive as possible (drop a few marks behind you etc..) if they are pushing to focus you… then they arent focusing your allies, meaning they can free cast on them…… as they blindly go for you… if you do get caught by rev/ guard with a tele or somthing then pop DS and leap away and continue to run until they decide to focus something else and rinse and repeat as focus returns

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I have had no issues getting wins on necro. Maybe the OP should change their build?

in PvP

Nova.3817

the only thing necro needs as far as buffs is maybe to GS or focus since neither are viable in really any game mode

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

the only thing necro needs as far as buffs is maybe to GS or focus since neither are viable in really any game mode

Well GS is somewhat viable in WvW zerg fights (and open world pve but you can run anything in open world pve..) but generally i think all power necro weapons are not in a good spot. Condi necro is meta for pve, spvp and WvW roaming. Power necros are only really meta in zerg fights due wells.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

That is a problem with the class. Necros have extremely poor damage mitigation and mostly laughable stability. If you get hard focused, you’re going to get downed unless your team mates work fast. The extra health from shroud is neutralized by the power creep. Secondly, most necro builds have very little and poorly reliable condi cleanse in shroud – so just immobilize them and pound away.

You can try positioning to reduce the focus, but many classes can port right to you. I hang way back or make sure I’m the last person to reach the point but you still get focused. Flesh worm can help but guards, thieves, etc can still follow.

in PvP

Nova.3817

Well GS is somewhat viable in WvW zerg fights (and open world pve but you can run anything in open world pve..) but generally i think all power necro weapons are not in a good spot. Condi necro is meta for pve, spvp and WvW roaming. Power necros are only really meta in zerg fights due wells.

yeah you “can” use GS in pve but from what im told (i dont pve) its not optimal most want a condi necro in pve content

and i have done some wvw so i know power necro is used there but even then u run dagger warhorn or axe warhorn…..i couldnt imagine trying to go in for melee with GS in wvw and being very effective

edit- i have roamed with GS but i was forcing it lol was tired of dagger which is clearly the best choice.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Let me help you out. I don’t think devs play.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

i basiclly only play necro and prestige 2 legendary or w/e you wanna call it mostly done on solo que….

your right that necro doesn’t have enough defense to defend themselves with skills or dodges to survive a focused burst ( more so at start of game if you have no DS).

however, fixing this is fairly easy all you have to do is in big team fights and you know you dont have DS just hang back if the enemy team over extends to kill you just LOS them or run around being as defensive as possible (drop a few marks behind you etc..) if they are pushing to focus you… then they arent focusing your allies, meaning they can free cast on them…… as they blindly go for you… if you do get caught by rev/ guard with a tele or somthing then pop DS and leap away and continue to run until they decide to focus something else and rinse and repeat as focus returns

This is an excellent post because it saves me the time of explaining why Necro is the worst class in the game. I play rev, if you did this, i will follow you even if it is off point. The last thing I need is for you to reset and come back then i would have to avoid your condi spams all over again. You going off point away from the team makes my life easier because i have less things to evade since no enemies and marks are unblockable .

Other classes dont try to escape with skills that arent even really escape skills and hang back hoping nobody chases.They use their defenses and take the focus or quickly counter burst someone to get them to back off, none of which necro is able to do. This is why i left necro after playing only necro for 2 years

in PvP

Nova.3817

This is an excellent post because it saves me the time of explaining why Necro is the worst class in the game. I play rev, if you did this, i will follow you even if it is off point. The last thing I need is for you to reset and come back then i would have to avoid your condi spams all over again. You going off point away from the team makes my life easier because i have less things to evade since no enemies and marks are unblockable .

Other classes dont try to escape with skills that arent even really escape skills and hang back hoping nobody chases.They use their defenses and take the focus or quickly counter burst someone to get them to back off, none of which necro is able to do. This is why i left necro after playing only necro for 2 years

the key is necro is in a weird spot its strong in organized groups that know how to peel for us but in solo que if your team doesnt think i need to watch our necro then they will be killed eventually….

this issue is with Teleports in the game there so spam happy nowadays that even if you manage to get away from the first one there is plently more where that came from….

what id like to see to counter this is flesh wurm buff not sure how OP or UP this would be but id like to see….flesh wurm to instead of you killing it when you tele to it instead it swaps places with you…. meaning you could use it multiple times to get away from tele harass and of course itll get cleved down instantly if you do it to get away from a aoe bomb but alteast then single target dmg would be kiteable for a period unless the wurm was killed….thought ive had for a long time there…

id also like to see healing thru DS possible from outside sources it frustrates me to no end when im getting pressured so hard and i call for help but im forced into DS to live and my druid drops all this healing that i completly miss where as any other class that goes invulm or blocks or changes form would get the heal NP it doesnt make sense to me.

(edited by Nova.3817)

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

yeah you “can” use GS in pve but from what im told (i dont pve) its not optimal most want a condi necro in pve content

and i have done some wvw so i know power necro is used there but even then u run dagger warhorn or axe warhorn…..i couldnt imagine trying to go in for melee with GS in wvw and being very effective

edit- i have roamed with GS but i was forcing it lol was tired of dagger which is clearly the best choice.

Nope you can actually run gs in WvW zerg fights. In a midline build you can actually take it as an alternative to the axe/wh combo. Hence why i said somewhat. That said i think necros are best in their backline postion but then they dont even take reaper. Lifeblast is actually quite good with is baseline piecing and no damage falloff.

And yeah you are right that gs is part of the better necro power builds in pve but i think that condi builds are superior in pve or in other words power necro is not meta in pve.

in PvP

Nova.3817

id also love to see Healing and regen from outside sorces be able to work thru DS as nothing frustrates me more then getting pressured at the start of a match and calling for help and my druid comes to drop a heal bomb only for me to be forced into DS right before and miss every bit of the healing….. any other class when using there defensive method (blocks, invulms, transforms etc) would get the healing so i see little reason why we shouldnt get any of it being in DS maybe add it as a trait of diviners boon so you have to trait for it even….. just fruit for thought

in PvP

Nova.3817

Nope you can actually run gs in WvW zerg fights. In a midline build you can actually take it as an alternative to the axe/wh combo. Hence why i said somewhat. That said i think necros are best in their backline postion but then they dont even take reaper. Lifeblast is actually quite good with is baseline piecing and no damage falloff.

And yeah you are right that gs is part of the better necro power builds in pve but i think that condi builds are superior in pve or in other words power necro is not meta in pve.

well its been a longtime since i was in the WVW scene so my insight to that is limited at best! ( i think the back line variant in wvw is way better then GS so its hard to compare the 2)

and thats kinda the point no one even wants to take a power necro since condi is kinda a no brainer atm