I don't understand

I don't understand

in PvP

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

2 topics.

1) Why does it seem like every match I get is either competative or a total blow out, but it seems like it’s more a blow out than competative. And I’m not just complaining that I’m paired up with idiots who do really stupid things. I’m often on the winning team and see the loosing team doing really dumb stuff. Actual close matches are very rare.

2) Why is it that I have a 50/50 win loss, but I see people in my friends list and other lists that also have 50/50 win loss but are much higher in the ratings?

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

I don't understand

in PvP

Posted by: SilentSam.1589

SilentSam.1589

1) for the most part, it just comes down to the luck of the draw when it comes to the matchmaking system it tries its best to give competitive matches, but the system was designed for a much higher active population than what is currently available.
2) A lot of their wins were against higher rated players than a lot of your wins.

I don't understand

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

2) I think has a lot to do with placement games.

You can win 75% of your games and still be in silver/bronze. It will be a long climb, but you’ll climb. You could end up 500 wins and 100 losses but that guy who did well on placements can go 250 wins and 300 losses and stay on leaderboards.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

I don't understand

in PvP

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

As mentioned above biggest problem is population. U need a large amount of active players for any matchmaker to work properly otherwise u would need to w8 20 min or something for a match. Fixing the matchmaker itself is almost impossible at this point.

I don't understand

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

As mentioned above biggest problem is population. U need a large amount of active players for any matchmaker to work properly otherwise u would need to w8 20 min or something for a match. Fixing the matchmaker itself is almost impossible at this point.

And if you don’t fix the match maker to give good amount of competitive matches. That is on par with other PvP games. Then people will be hard pressed to even play, let alone play it seriously. The market just has too many competitive PvP titles for people to waste time not even having fun in this one.

That is part of the problem. The matches in this game are mostly just not even worth the effort. Which starts a snowball effect of other issues following. Why play GW2’s PvP when I can go elsewhere, and get constant high quality matches even in the lower tiers?

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys