I guess the blog meant nothing

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

It’s almost the end of 2013 and most of the plans for PvP have been non existent! the only feature that was implemented in this article was solo queue and that was announced before the blog.

I have huge doubts that anything is coming out this year at all, they would have at least hinted something huge by now.

I was really excited for the legendary part, but looks like none of that is coming this year.

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

How about you wait to the blog post comes out next week and stop jumping the gun.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

How about you wait to the blog post comes out next week and stop jumping the gun.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Chase.8415

I have a feeling the “blog” post will be more something among the lines on how developing PvP is a hard process on the hardware and developer level and we’re postponing these features announced until mid 2014

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

I have a feeling the “blog” post will be more something among the lines on how developing PvP is a hard process on the hardware and developer level and we’re postponing these features announced until mid 2014

What does your signature even mean. LOL

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

He’s got every right to doubt. That blog post came out in July and they decided to wait five months before giving us our next update on what’s gonna happen. So far, the year is very close to over and we still have the same game mode, the same balance problems, only a few new maps, very few traits, no new skills and now the PvP population has dwindled further.

Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Chase.8415

And what are blogs are for? To tell us on upcoming features, unless those features are coming out on the same month, don’t get your hopes up. I mean look at the last blog, that was several months ago

in PvP

clint.5681

Looks like those features are coming out in December. But i would wait to complain until your at least halfway through the month so you can see if its gonna happen or not.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Anyone else remember the “tip of the iceberg” blog post from way back?

I stopped believing in them after that deception.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

You really going to believe what they write in the next blog post? lol.

So often you guys say things like this. “Wait for the patch!”. Yeh, we waited for the big pvp balance patch and all they did was buff the hammer on warrior (hammer 4 got mega buffed) to the sky. Which are ALREADY the best spec. And this is the patch they made us wait after PAX for – and pax was in the summer lol.

This is what they will achieve in 2014:
- About 2 balance patches which only add more cheese and make things worse.
- More broken features/maps which they just never fix – leaderboards, skyhammer, spectator mode
- More ways to take money from us on pointless bs like custom arenas which you buy and then they take away from you if you dont renew it (lol)

The thing is, it sounds harsh I know. But when you go to dota2 you see how they should do things. Man look at their spectator mode. You log on, your friend is playing, and you can watch him play on a 2 minute delay. It is hilariously poor that you cant spectate tournaments on a delay in gw2. This is 2013…most game companies realise how games are often social platforms. People like to play together and to have NO way to watch each other is a joke.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

clint.5681

I didn’t read your response but all you can really do is wait and see if they carry out their promises or not. Complaining and such on the forums will really get you nowhere, I think we all know that.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

but it suck when they write again in coming months or in 2 months will we do this and in 4 this and 2014 will come whatever.

i can understand this from a company point but it suck as player to know you have to play this now how it is for atleast 2 months until something will change – and gw2 history say after this 2 months nothing will change

so – we will see

or i could bet they write tomorow release date we will give out end december or january
something like this and january they write than they will bring it march

arenanet troll us now more than a year and i dont trust them anymore^^

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Chase.8415

So after the blog, my suspicions are correct. Nothing in the blog is happening this year. Legendaries don’t seem to be coming until 2014. And as I stated before, looks like it’s going to take “many months” at least according to the new blog.

So we got another blog, basically telling us to wait for upcoming features.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

So after the blog, my suspicions are correct. Nothing in the blog is happening this year. Legendaries don’t seem to be coming until 2014. And as I stated before, looks like it’s going to take “many months” at least according to the new blog.

So…did you not read the blog? A bunch of these changes are coming December 10th.

One of those changes is that you can level a character in PvE through doing sPvP. That’s huge!

If anything, this blog shows you on how wrong you were with your original post. =P

in PvP

Chase.8415

So…did you not read the blog? A bunch of these changes are coming December 10th.

One of those changes is that you can level a character in PvE through doing sPvP. That’s huge!

If anything, this blog shows you on how wrong you were with your original post. =P

I suspect like most games, it will be unreasonable to gain any levels just through PvP. It will take like 10 times longer. I’ve been through it many times before when games make it possible to level in PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I suspect like most games, it will be unreasonable to gain any levels just through PvP. It will take like 10 times longer. I’ve been through it many times before when games make it possible to level in PvP.

What games were you playing?

I leveled characters in WoW through PvP and it was only slightly slower.

Besides, it really seems like at this point you’re determined to assume the worst possible scenarios for anything not explicitly outlined. With that perspective, I don’t see how we can expect anything constructive to come from here…

in PvP

clint.5681

Yeah the fact that the post talked about most of the stuff happening next year is disappointing as someone who is looking for a reason to log in and play pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

I completely agree with the original post. The fact they gave us a blog about whats upcoming again is kinda ridiculous. We waited so many months to only hear about whats coming up in the future again. Next blog post will talk about whats coming up in 2015? The things we are getting are only gold from what I saw and a way to level in PvP.

Now they are asking questions in another thread about what we would like to see. They are asking these questions now? I mean cmon, they shouldve been asking us these questions when they went into development already 4-5months ago.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Posted by: risenlord.2035

risenlord.2035

I’m giving anet a chance on this one. Season 1 spvp which is what this sounds like would bring a ton of new players into spvp. However I agree we’ve heard this upcoming changes bs far to often with nothing changed.

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Be patient guys we will release it when it’s finished.. ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

I’m giving anet a chance on this one. Season 1 spvp which is what this sounds like would bring a ton of new players into spvp. However I agree we’ve heard this upcoming changes bs far to often with nothing changed.

The changes are useless.

More rewards?
Well guess were seeing more PvE’ers splashing over.

Anyways…
If Anet wanted to do something like seasons, if Anet wanted to make anything that can at all referance a LoL term, they had to make the game work first…

On the very highest level…
The que system is bullkitten.
There are only ranked que matches and shenanigans SPvP…
There isn’t even a rank requirement on ‘tournies’ or a way to practice off-toons without playing for rank… that unlone makes the game impossible to take seriously (ELO hell is massive and a dozen times worse than in LoL, at least in LoL it took months of dedicated play and an actual want to play competitively at that moment to do ranked matches).
In GW2 there are no requirements, there is no middle ground (solo unranked Q)… there is no social que…

The game doesn’t even have any interesting off-modes to PvP in….
It’s a mess.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

spvp is just practice mode for testing wvw builds.

in PvP

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

New rewards are intresting, but it’s new game modes we really needed..

I know they will add them some time, but in the meanwhile we’re stuck with conquest..and i really didn’t need new rewards, i kept playing that mode for killing sake for a year, not much will change, i won’t like it more if they give me 1g after each match..(which they won’t, we’re gonna laugh when we see how many coppers is their “giving us gold”)

in PvP

Posted by: Vincesco.8340

Vincesco.8340

so we have to wait for blogposts now??

far back we had to wait for patches

Kleiner K