I know, everyone complains, but come on....

in PvP

Posted by: Sultane.9150

Sultane.9150

Screenshot taken on my alt account, play f2p in EU. Currently falling in and out of leaderboard….
Look, I understand that it was probably during downtime, especially cuz my timezone doesn’t line up with EU. But seriously?! -23 for one loss, +2 for a win?! What is this matchmaking?!!?

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

in PvP

Posted by: daw.4923

daw.4923

i have similar experience
+5
+6
rly takes all wind from my wings.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Screenshot taken on my alt account, play f2p in EU. Currently falling in and out of leaderboard….
Look, I understand that it was probably during downtime, especially cuz my timezone doesn’t line up with EU. But seriously?! -23 for one loss, +2 for a win?! What is this matchmaking?!!?

It is not much better during prime time. And the whole reason for such numbers is because rank gain/loss system assumes that matches are balanced and bases the rank points only on your MMR vs avg MMR of the enemy. It does not take into account that you might have had low ranked teammates that you had to hardcarry.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

…. do people really not inform themselves how this works?

The system tries to predict if you win or not. If you win, great, little gain because you are in the place you are supposed to be in, if you lose, well, system predicted you should be able to win, down a notch.

That’s how matchmaking is supposed to work, pinpoint you as best as possible with the variety of possibilities in mind.
Oh, wait, wait, you guys want to go up up up no matter what right?
So you don’t want matchmaking, you want a reward progression, great you have your reward tracks and the chests for the league.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

The system tries to predict if you win or not. If you win, great, little gain because you are in the place you are supposed to be in, if you lose, well, system predicted you should be able to win, down a notch.

That’s how matchmaking is supposed to work, pinpoint you as best as possible with the variety of possibilities in mind.
So you don’t want matchmaking, you want a reward progression, great you have your reward tracks and the chests for the league.

Yeah system totally predicted me to win facing top 5 players while me having teammates 2 divisions below the enemy…. i lose points worth of 2 matches for that at least. The problem remains, the rank gain/loss system is based on assumption that match was fair….. which is nearly unrealistic given current MM and lack of active population. It heavily punishes you for losing the lottery that you have no control over except for cheating/exploiting/wintrading/duoqing at 5 am etc.

You do realize that at the moment top 5 players have silver players in their matches. It IS thing. The consequences of it are quite severe and make whole system rather obsolete because what is the point of the system when you have top players facing/playing with not so experienced/skilled players in the same match anyway? You do realize it makes people simply quit game?

Nobody asks for climbing all the time no matter what. People just want decent matches and fair ranking system.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

Get more players to play then. The system itself is fine and not only used in GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Yeah system totally predicted me to win facing top 5 players while me having teammates 2 divisions below the enemy…. i lose points worth of 2 matches for that at least. The problem remains, the rank gain/loss system is based on assumption that match was fair….. which is nearly unrealistic given current MM and lack of active population. It heavily punishes you for losing the lottery that you have no control over except for cheating/exploiting/wintrading/duoqing at 5 am etc.

You do realize that at the moment top 5 players have silver players in their matches. It IS thing. The consequences of it are quite severe and make whole system rather obsolete because what is the point of the system when you have top players facing/playing with not so experienced/skilled players in the same match anyway? You do realize it makes people simply quit game?

Nobody asks for climbing all the time no matter what. People just want decent matches and fair ranking system.

+1 To this right here!

However on a side note…. I still only have those 2 ranked matches played this season. I actually how many in the same as me. Can’t provide me decent matches win or lose, then I just can’t bring myself to be miserable. More so when playing a game that I’ve spent money on. I’ll just continue to make believe that Ranked league just does not exist in GW2.

Again I wonder how many others are currently doing the same? As should you all.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Sultane.9150

Sultane.9150

You buffoon.

That is not at all the point of this post. Of course I understand why it works. The whole point is why on earth would I even get paired with players so below my MMR that I only gain 2 for winning?!