I like the current meta...

in PvP

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

Am I the only one happy glass builds are becoming more and more viable and boring, unkillable bunker builds have slowly been getting shaved? Sure, everything isn’t perfect across all classes, but I confidently feel that bringing glassier builds to the top speeds up game play and further requires a higher level of skill/timing/etc than just face rolling through rotations on a bruiser scrapper/druid/tempest in the last meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

What part of DH, mesmer, war is glassy?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: TheNickPrice.8457

TheNickPrice.8457

Uhmm… the meta is building tankier comps then before because of the loss of cleric tempest..

Never engage an enemy more powerful then yourself. If engagement is inevitable, do so on your terms.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Am I the only one happy glass builds are becoming more and more viable and boring, unkillable bunker builds have slowly been getting shaved? Sure, everything isn’t perfect across all classes, but I confidently feel that bringing glassier builds to the top speeds up game play and further requires a higher level of skill/timing/etc than just face rolling through rotations on a bruiser scrapper/druid/tempest in the last meta.

There is still build with Marauder amulet that have “bunker” unkillable HOT passive/skills/traits.

DH, REV, Thief are like this.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

AOE condi spam is what is keeping the glass cannon builds down.

in PvP

Posted by: serj.8214

serj.8214

AOE condi spam is what is keeping the glass cannon builds down.

Only mesmers are prob with their non stop condi application =\

in PvP

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Why no one is mentioning scrappers? these things are nigh immortal…

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I like the current meta too Just grab 3 guardians and noone can hold a point 2 more and everyone insta dies Guardian FTW

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: serj.8214

serj.8214

Dunno Scrappers are now more easier targets then they was before patch.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Scrapper damage isn’t high so while they are as tanky as druids they provide little aoe heal and little damage these dayz

in PvP

Posted by: Light Of The Abyss.5927

Light Of The Abyss.5927

@Zelulose We get it. You hate DH. Stop posting it in every thread.

Delpfine Drake

in PvP

Cynz.9437

@Zelulose We get it. You hate DH. Stop posting it in every thread.

Why should he? DHs are kind of stupid atm given that other classes got nerfed and guards got buffs.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

I speak for the people. If class X is called op by lots, class x is prevelent in tpvp and used by the pros it is apparent something is wrong with the class. I won’t shut up until people stop complaining. I’m doing fine playing a DH/Thief in ranked so Idc if they get nerfed just DH when team has too many DH. But I wan’t this game to be good not a reroll DH fest in ranked. If people stop complaining about them in hotjoin and ranked I will stop complaining as well. (Notice as complaints on DH escalated my complaints did too.)

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

in PvP

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

I speak for the people. If class X is called op by lots, class x is prevelent in tpvp and used by the pros it is apparent something is wrong with the class. I won’t shut up until people stop complaining. I’m doing fine playing a DH/Thief in ranked so Idc if they get nerfed just DH when team has too many DH. But I wan’t this game to be good not a reroll DH fest in ranked. If people stop complaining about them in hotjoin and ranked I will stop complaining as well. (Notice as complaints on DH escalated my complaints did too.)

I think the problem was is DH was definitely significantly weaker prior to this patch at high-level play. In particular, I found it extremely difficult running medi trap DH against druids/tempests/scrappers not because they were just "too tanky", but because their up time with reflects was too much and it negated any continued pressure a DH could apply. So, Anet shaved their bunkyness a bit and nerfed their reflect up time overall, and then suddenly DH’s were a bit too overtuned (I agree). The one thing I don’t want to change though on DH’s is the burst they have, I would have just been fine with the shave to reflects (hell a scrapper pre-patch had reflect up like every 8 seconds) and still leave these classes slightly bunkerish. Now, where I don’t want to get in to a debate is about "hot join and low-level ranked QQ". Balancing a game around unskilled players is just a pointless concept and there are still currently more than ample counters to medi/trap DH => noobs just have poor awareness, reactions, etc and are more abundant than higher level players; it’s very easy to pay attention to trap placements, watch cooldowns, etc and counter guardians (those are supposed to be the things that separate good from bad players).

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

They are walking utilities. Mostly only useful in not dying 1v1 on point and occasionally a block, blind, or a cc here and there. Maybe they’re utilities are useful in higher leagues but in soloQ, I don’t like having them on my team.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

RiP Reapers, No more heal bot to babysit it

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Cynz.9437

RiP Reapers, No more heal bot to babysit it

Oh you are so wrong: necro with DH or druid works amazeh (i switch to necro every time we have 3 thieves on team).

All is Vain~

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

Since they have the most challenge to kill in 1v1 at equal skill level, I am sure you prefer to play something more DPS oriented.

Scrapper is bruiser support.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

They are walking utilities. Mostly only useful in not dying 1v1 on point and occasionally a block, blind, or a cc here and there. Maybe they’re utilities are useful in higher leagues but in soloQ, I don’t like having them on my team.

I still carry matches in soloq with scrapper, because all soloq players do offensive rotations while I do defensive one.