I love decap engi

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

Before, it used to be “oh god, there’s an engi on our team”, because the state of the game was such that there wasn’t a serious engi build.

Now there’s a real engi build.

You guys mad?

What are you talking about? Do you just make things up and post them on the forums for kittens and giggles? Engineers have always had a serious build. I mean, alone, what is the monster that is bomb/nade, is that just nonexistant to you?

Just to prove how wrong you are, here’s a screenshot of the leaderboards in december, before decap engi became fotm but still the same balance patch:

And valantin, if you think that a zerker LB ranger is some kind of OP counter to engineers (that aren’t even decap) and that you’ve never been beaten by an engi, then I’d be happy to be the first – IGN to the left or in sig. Keyboard turning doesn’t make you cool like stunningstyles btw

i didnt say zerker ranger is OP, dork. whats a matter with you? so what if i keyboard turned? i didnt use it to turn 160 degrees and it only took me a fraction of a sec. is internet the only place you get to bully people. get a life, dude. not everyone is an RPG geek like you,

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: xoom.4918

xoom.4918

The thread has derailed much too far. Since Jax has called you out, go 1v1 him and show your worth Valentin.

Back on topic: Decap engie – just the newest form of cancer builds to be played.

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

The issue with decap engi is that it is way too easy to play given its effectiveness. That plus all of the healing makes it over the top right now

Regardless, ANET has already said they are taking a look at this spec, so I wouldn’t expect it to last for long.

Yes, it may only last 10 months, instead of 12.

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Reevz.2617

Reevz.2617

i eat engineers for lunch on my zerker ranger.

http://youtu.be/-HiYUlhsO_M

so skilled, much wow

engineers are crap. ive never been beaten by an engi both on my spirit and zerker ranger in tpvp. i dont even need to try. the only professions that can beat me 1v1 are condi warriors and minion necros when i’m playing as a spirit ranger.

I know plenty of engineers that will wreck you lol nice clicking and keyboard turning in your vid

oh yeah! quite funny because i couldnt even count how many engineers ive pawned since ive played gw2. i havent even beaten by a single engi in a dueling arena on my zerker ranger.

btw, that was the first video i made and my first attempt. i wasnt even playing my best on that video and i was playing in a dark room.

a dark room? do continue the rest of the story! don’t just leave us hanging!

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Reevz.2617

Reevz.2617

Before, it used to be “oh god, there’s an engi on our team”, because the state of the game was such that there wasn’t a serious engi build.

You guys mad?

What are you talking about? Do you just make things up and post them on the forums for kittens and giggles? Engineers have always had a serious build. I mean, alone, what is the monster that is bomb/nade, is that just nonexistant to you?

Just to prove how wrong you are, here’s a screenshot of the leaderboards in december, before decap engi became fotm but still the same balance patch:

And valantin, if you think that a zerker LB ranger is some kind of OP counter to engineers (that aren’t even decap) and that you’ve never been beaten by an engi, then I’d be happy to be the first – IGN to the left or in sig. Keyboard turning doesn’t make you cool like stunningstyles btw

you didn’t highlight me, i’m an engi ;/

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

I’ve played against a few decapers and they are annoying as all hell. They don’t even do noticeable damage. It is just all pushbacks and knockbacks combined with immobilizes.

Builds that don’t hurt just hurt the team because they will still die against focused fire but won’t even have taken some HP off the enemies to help the team.

Regarding the duel of ranger and engineer. You’re missing the point. A bunker’s job is to steal a point. Bad players will try to go toe to toe. Good players will try to kill from range. Excellent players will mix it to decap so the bunker does not keep on reaping points for their team.

A lot of bunker buster builds are crap for team fights (PVT heroes), and on the times I find someone who is better than me and can kick my kitten I retreat, go the long way around and re-cap the point once they leave (or if they don’t leave I help my team since they now are doing teamfights at 4 VS 5. You know, the sort of thing team PvP is about, strategy.

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

valentin r u a troll or some kind of inbred monster? cant figure it out yet

Valentin is a ranger that cried about thieves in wvw because apprently he can kill them easily but they somehow manage to beat 3 ppl when Valentin is part of that group (ik, confusing). To prove his skill, he made this video as well as posting screenshot of his amazing pvp archives. I did offer him to make a thief and fight me (using any other common meta class/build) but he refused.

Yes, this guy is serious, yes he believes he is good player and doesn’t need keybinds. Also, according to him, people who invest some time learning how to play class and counter other as well as proper keybinding, are geeks.

I expect a lot of good from this thread.

As far as engi goes, devs did say that they are looking at how to deal with decap engi so i hope something will happen. I was unlucky enough to face Grouch “trying out” decap engi in yoloq the other day.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

If they took Skyham out of solo q, decap engis would still be OP, but not as bad as they are now. As it is, they are the solo q heroes since they can contest a point on their own so well while also being able to gank with almost no counter in Skyham.

I love decap engi

in PvP

Valentin.2073

so skilled, much wow

engineers are crap. ive never been beaten by an engi both on my spirit and zerker ranger in tpvp. i dont even need to try. the only professions that can beat me 1v1 are condi warriors and minion necros when i’m playing as a spirit ranger.

I know plenty of engineers that will wreck you lol nice clicking and keyboard turning in your vid

oh yeah! quite funny because i couldnt even count how many engineers ive pawned since ive played gw2. i havent even beaten by a single engi in a dueling arena on my zerker ranger.

btw, that was the first video i made and my first attempt. i wasnt even playing my best on that video and i was playing in a dark room.

a dark room? do continue the rest of the story! don’t just leave us hanging!

do you really want to know? you gotta pay though (paypal). i’ll send you the link if you want.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

mesmer hate=nerfed every patch
Ranger=nerfed every patch
ele hate=nerfed beyond belief
thief hate=nerfed every patch
necromancer hate=nerfed every patch
guardian hate=massive health nerf straight out of beta
warrior hate=buffed once, nerfed ever more after.

Enjoy your day in the sun. Like all other professions that have risen, it is not long before the fall comes. History tells us that it will be nerfed more than it was ever buffed..the same as every other class.

Short memory. Engineer already has been nerfed hard. Remember 100nades? This is the 2nd day in the sun.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

valentin you are a great guy keep it up

I love decap engi

in PvP

Valentin.2073

valentin you are a great guy keep it up

thank you. lol

I love decap engi

in PvP

Valentin.2073

i dont play pvp that much anymore because of how easy it is. if i played a spirit ranger i would beat all the heck out of you engineers with minimum effort. lol

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

Funny enough I love spirit rangers and MM necros. Used to hate them with a passion due to the body blocking, but now they are fodder to feed the flame god (and no, I don’t use flamethrower).

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

I enjoyed reading this thread so far.

Thank You

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Builds that don’t hurt just hurt the team because they will still die against focused fire but won’t even have taken some HP off the enemies to help the team.

Mathematically, if you manage to decap a point and live for just a few seconds, it’s a net benefit in points to the team considering that it takes 12 seconds to cap a point from scratch and the enemy team only gets 5 points when you die.

As a decap engi, I live a hell of a lot longer than a few seconds. Usually several minutes…and can live a nice long time even against two people on a decapped point. This is a massive boost in points for my team not just because I’m preventing their close from ticking, but because I keep one or more people engaged with me. And I do this repeatedly. All the while, our close is happily ticking away (unless the enemy has a decap engi too!)

Bottom line: Bunkers who can decap are priceless. Try having a team of 5 decap engis. You won’t need to do any damage, but you get all the points. gg.

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Mike.4830

Mike.4830

so skilled, much wow

Hello my name is Backpack. I play Engineer. Please come reck me. Il be in the dark alley (watchout there are no lights). Lets 1v1…

Backpack God
The Absurd [RIP] ESL Go4 Weekly Winners
Outplayed By Children [GG] ToL 2 Winners

I love decap engi

in PvP

Valentin.2073

Mathematically, if you manage to decap a point and live for just a few seconds, it’s a net benefit in points to the team considering that it takes 12 seconds to cap a point from scratch and the enemy team only gets 5 points when you die.

As a decap engi, I live a hell of a lot longer than a few seconds. Usually several minutes…and can live a nice long time even against two people on a decapped point. This is a massive boost in points for my team not just because I’m preventing their close from ticking, but because I keep one or more people engaged with me. And I do this repeatedly. All the while, our close is happily ticking away (unless the enemy has a decap engi too!)

Bottom line: Bunkers who can decap are priceless. Try having a team of 5 decap engis. You won’t need to do any damage, but you get all the points. gg.

it’s a different story when there’s a dps class to challenge you off the point. the issue really here is the meta since most players playing now are bunker types. it’s best to play 3 bunker types and 2 dps types in tourneys. that setup is the most ideal in tpvp, imo.

I love decap engi

in PvP

Juan Ignacio.8903

hey take what u said mister , valentin is a great player

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

so skilled, much wow

Hello my name is Backpack. I play Engineer. Please come reck me. Il be in the dark alley (watchout there are no lights). Lets 1v1…

Please make it Bo27 and have Bear/Bry shoutcast, That would be quality entertainment

Ranger//Necro

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

You guys mad?

Dear OP, may i remind you, that condispam engie has been around almost a year? Ostrich, teldo, super…all non serious players

The difference is, that the build is so stupidly effective, that even you have had success with it. And many others, hence the build is spreading like a plague.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: rAzAc.8402

rAzAc.8402

This thread is extremely funny and since this is Arenanet… extremely dangerous…

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

I cant wait til they nerf decap engies and (hopefully) buff/fix turrets. Will become much more interesting when people switch from complaining about decaps to complaining that their warriors cant beat a power engy thats setup on a point with 5 turrets out.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Wow, this has all been wildly entertaining. Amazingly, I have never come across a decap engi.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

GW2 “pvp” isnt pvp at all. Well it is pvp but actually player vs point

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

i’m vee wee, engi player and world first rank 80. you’re all bad.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

I knew Valentin was a baddy but I can’t believe how right I was.

That was the most pathetic display of kitten -backward scrubbery i’ve seen in a GW2 video. Terribad isn’t even the beginning of how awful that crap was. Puke-tier trash gameplay carried by Anet’s ineptitude

Anet take notes. If a keyboard turning clicker can win 1v1s then you’re doing it wrong. Really wrong.

This goes to show why this game will never require any semblance of skill and why nothing Anet does is ever going to fix that.

They cater to idiots and morons

you’re an idiot calling people baddies. who the hell are you anyway? you got nothing, dude. i’ve been on top 600 on teamq and top 300 on soloq before i stopped playing pvp and moved to wvw. you’re just another thrash-talker scrub.

Im currently r9 Team leaderboards (2 is highest) and r27 Solo (4 is highest), I find myself more than qualified to call u bad….. You not only have no clue about the game, but after watching your “tutorial” i have confirmed u are terrible at it
-Backpacko aka Blackpack aka The juggler

was i talking to you? do not be an attention wh***. if you wanna duel me just msg me, ig. stop butting in to other people’s conversations. btw, the reason i quit pvp was because of people using third party software in teamq (speedhacks). you might have gotten your rank through that.

By speed hacks do you mean keybinds?

Ranger//Necro

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

That was the most pathetic display of kitten -backward scrubbery i’ve seen in a GW2 video. Terribad isn’t even the beginning of how awful that crap was. Puke-tier trash gameplay carried by Anet’s ineptitude

Anet take notes. If a keyboard turning clicker can win 1v1s then you’re doing it wrong. Really wrong.

This goes to show why this game will never require any semblance of skill and why nothing Anet does is ever going to fix that.

you’re an idiot calling people baddies. who the hell are you anyway? you got nothing, dude. i’ve been on top 600 on teamq and top 300 on soloq before i stopped playing pvp and moved to wvw. you’re just another thrash-talker scrub.

Im currently r9 Team leaderboards (2 is highest) and r27 Solo (4 is highest), I find myself more than qualified to call u bad….. You not only have no clue about the game, but after watching your “tutorial” i have confirmed u are terrible at it

was i talking to you? do not be an attention wh***. if you wanna duel me just msg me, ig. stop butting in to other people’s conversations. btw, the reason i quit pvp was because of people using third party software in teamq (speedhacks). you might have gotten your rank through that.

lmao. This thread is so great.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

I love decap engi

in PvP

Valentin.2073

no, smart kitten . i mean people who use speed hacks to jump all over the map. necro’s rezzing themselves after being killed 1v1. the usual thing you see in wvw but people got braver and brought it to pvp. that ruined pvp. havent you noticed nobody plays pvp anymore? i couldnt care less if everyone gets nerfed to oblivion.

(edited by Valentin.2073)

I love decap engi

in PvP

Juan Ignacio.8903

we need to start using VAC

I love decap engi

in PvP

Valentin.2073

here’s an example of what the hackers do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCSYfJZNYLY

dont be so naive. you all know they exist in tpvp now. who would want to play against cheaters? i sure wouldnt.

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: December.3946

December.3946

That video is dated Oct. 2012. From more than a year ago. I have not seen any hackers in high level tPvP. Like. Ever.

dont be so naive. you all know they exist in tpvp now. who would want to play against cheaters? i sure wouldnt.

Physicks [The Dankening]

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: kai.4629

kai.4629

more vids please!!! that lb5 was awesome

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

no, smart kitten . i mean people who use speed hacks to jump all over the map. necro’s rezzing themselves after being killed 1v1. the usual thing you see in wvw but people got braver and brought it to pvp. that ruined pvp. havent you noticed nobody plays pvp anymore? i couldnt care less if everyone gets nerfed to oblivion.

No…. bad mechanics and balance ruined pvp… Not the almost-zero amount of hackers that have nearly completely been banned out. I’ve seen one ever and that was in 2012.

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Well of course he’s never lost to an engy, he never plays pvp duh.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: xoom.4918

xoom.4918

Haha, Jax is indeed, bored. But thanks for linking the thread, Silven.

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Marsuew.8216

Marsuew.8216

I’ve tested with a friend decap engi in 1v1 room, a pure DPS build can kill decap engi really fast, for example, full zerker ele, one-shot thief, well necro, mix-damage engi, which can kill any bunker easily, including decap engi. Maybe that’s the counter build, but they also can be destroyed very very easily if they were being targeted in a team fight, so they are not viable, just like Valentin.2073’s full zerker ranger.

We can count decap engi as a “new meta” build, that’s mean it could be possible counter older meta builds efficiently.(though it’s not really new) That’s why devs keep watching is there any new build can counter decap engi, as same as hambow warrior. So the nerf won’t come that fast, unless no one found any chance to counter them.

And I hopes Devs are makeing some buff to other professions, not a nerf to engi, since those past nerfs to ranger and ele are really terrible.

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Counter to decap engi already exists. It is called glass cannon. But people would like to play bunker builds and counter the engi. That’s not possible.

I love decap engi

in PvP

Valentin.2073

That video is dated Oct. 2012. From more than a year ago. I have not seen any hackers in high level tPvP. Like. Ever.

i’ve seen them in different occasions. I don’t care what you people say. Me and my team have seen them multiple times in team arena. I’ve seen necro’s rezzing themselves multiple times even after getting downed in 1v1. I’ve seen players flying around the map. You can keep your dying section of the game. I don’t care. Just go ahead and defend your crappy community of cheaters and live in your puny world.

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Noc.2459

Noc.2459

You love this engineer build?

One more person on my ignore list. :P

Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc

I love decap engi

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Playing a decap engi, today I met a warrior on a point who didn’t have stability…

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Dancing Face.4695

Dancing Face.4695

not all the warriors got stability like not all the classes got it as well. it’s the build diversity. you can have a stun break to balance your build, but surwly you can’t build you character just to counter a spamming knockback broken profwssion

Gandara

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i honestly wish ppl would stop playing decap engis, 90% of them suck and can’t even get decap…they just feed far point and cause 3v4 in mid, so team loses mid too…

0 contribution to team

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

i honestly wish ppl would stop playing decap engis, 90% of them suck and can’t even get decap…they just feed far point and cause 3v4 in mid, so team loses mid too…

0 contribution to team

That’s actually a valid point. I’ve had some truly great decap engis on my team that help win by handling far by themselves.

However, it’s pretty common to get a team where either 1) the engi can’t handle far by themselves or 2) one or more teammates follow them over to far and at best barely cap it for a few minutes while we get wasted at home and mid.

I love decap engi

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

not all the warriors got stability like not all the classes got it as well. it’s the build diversity. you can have a stun break to balance your build, but surwly you can’t build you character just to counter a spamming knockback broken profwssion

I think a warrior not having stability…well in my opinion it’s a poor choice of build. As was evidenced when he met a decap engi. I didn’t even break a sweat to cap the point all out. Normally I need to either wait out a warrior’s stability boons or remove them.

But this was just too easy. Opportunities don’t come along like this very often. I could hardly believe it!

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

You guys mad?

Actually Engi has multiple viable builds and people play it very well without playing decap like Ostrich Eggs and Five Gauge.

You’re just bad and think that somehow being able to instantly knockback people off point the whole game while being absurdly tanky makes you good at pvp and/or is good for the game.

Thats the difference..good engis don’t play decap, decap is like going phantasm instead of shatter with mesmer…there are cheese builds suited for turds (That everyone with 2 functional hands can play and no skills needed) that are way too effective for the effort they take and there are builds working only if played good (That almost noone uses cause why tryhard if you can go cheesemode?)

Real problem with this pvp is the effectiveness of noskill specs (Decapper, all sort of war with hs, spirit ranger, mm and so on…) compared to hard specs that don’t have enough reward for the effort….i mean why should i go shatter mesmer having to play perfectly just to not being facerolled by some random spam if i can just grab a warrior being more effective while playing with my elbows?

(edited by Archaon.6245)

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

Valentin is back trolling you guys again. He was crying about the OPness of MM necrosis a few months back. I thought he was leaving for Wildstar though. He also thinks warriors are perfect the way they are.

I love decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: BertBoy.9031

BertBoy.9031

“…and i was playing in a dark room.”
tell us more please

i didnt have the lights on, Einstein. dont hate because your class got pawned by an underpowered spec.

I don’t think you understand that barely beating a newbie engineer player doesn’t count as valid evidence that engineers are bad. In fact, you were at 2k health at the end of the fight and your pet was dead.

what build do you think i was using? if i was playing a braindead spirit ranger like you i wouldnt even think of getting that duel captured.

The sad thing is you said you played spirit ranger…

Bert -Rifle engi till i croak
www.Twitch.tv/gravityily