I love the new system thread

in PvP

Posted by: popaz.1524

popaz.1524

Hey guys!! Since there is many threads complaining about the new matchmaking, I think it’s only fair for people who actually enjoy it to have their own thread aswell.

Please use this thread to share and express how you love and feel about the new system.

p.s.: no trolls or haters allowed, you guys already have many threads of your own.

in PvP

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

There are already threads like this, there all shoved down the forum because there the minority.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I’ve been having the most balanced matches I’ve ever had by far. Hopefully all the baddies get stuck in ruby and then you get 10 players you know can carry their weight every match.

in PvP

Posted by: HipposWild.7185

HipposWild.7185

The system isn’t designed to reward good players…. it’s designed to group good players who carry a ton of bad players…. chances aren’t that you’re winning because of any skill. More like your performance is a negative binomial and you’re just waiting to get enough fake good players on your team to break your MMR.

The argument that people who are unhappy are the only people that talk is ridiculous. Did you even visit other games forums before assuming that? I looked at smite and lol because I considered the possibility of being wrong. Did you?

Additionally it’s not just the people who are having losing streaks who think it’s a bad system. You’ve realized that right? Maybe it’s easier to think people are a cesspool then consider the possibility that you’re somewhat lucky and not a keyboard god.

#1 of all #1 players as ranked by a fair and unbiased committee

in PvP

Posted by: SqualZell.7813

SqualZell.7813

ok time for an unbiased statement

It doesn’t matter if you think the system is good or is bad or just don’t care. from what I am seeing on the forums and in game map chats there are more players disgruntled with the new system than players who think it’s fine.

Obviously the top players who got to the top where they should be are happy about it. lets take an arbitrary number of about 10%

Players that are not as good are stuck somewhere in the middle unable to advance. being stuck at some level unable to advance be it because your team mates are bad or simply because you are not up to par to go forth, there is no progression in this case.
lets take an arbitrary number of about 20%

and then you have the rest of the population, who is just not good, at least not on par with the game difficulty. these people will never leave amber no matter how much they try. again no progression.
lets take an arbitrary number of about 70%

so now you have the elite 10% that will be having fun and progressing. then you have the middle class who does not progress anymore… some will work and move up eventually. others will just quit. and then you have the base that will slowly bleed players.

in the end all you have is your 10% +-5% from the middle playing pvp… the rest will move on. either quit pvp all together (lets be serious, they won’t go back to unranked) or simply quit the game.

either way you are alienating a big chunk of your paying customers… who will not pay anymore. your 10%-15% of your elite will have long queues and be matched against each other just on rotation. and eventually those will also move on… with such bad press from a huge chunk of the GW2 community people won’t want to PvP thus you wont be able to replenish your pool of pvp players…

TL:DR.
doesn’t matter if the system is good or bad. You depend on your playerbase. It is in your best interest to keep the majority happy and paying.

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

It doesn’t matter if you think the system is good or is bad or just don’t care. from what I am seeing on the forums and in game map chats there are more players disgruntled with the new system than players who think it’s fine.

Obviously the top players who got to the top where they should be are happy about it. lets take an arbitrary number of about 10%

Players that are not as good are stuck somewhere in the middle unable to advance. being stuck at some level unable to advance be it because your team mates are bad or simply because you are not up to par to go forth, there is no progression in this case.

and then you have the rest of the population, who is just not good, at least not on par with the game difficulty. these people will never leave amber no matter how much they try. again no progression.

so now you have the elite 10% that will be having fun and progressing. then you have the middle class who does not progress anymore… some will work and move up eventually. others will just quit. and then you have the base that will slowly bleed players.

in the end all you have is your 10% +-5% from the middle playing pvp… the rest will move on. either quit pvp all together (lets be serious, they won’t go back to unranked) or simply quit the game.

either way you are alienating a big chunk of your paying customers… who will not pay anymore. your 10%-15% of your elite will have long queues and be matched against each other just on rotation. and eventually those will also move on… with such bad press from a huge chunk of the GW2 community people won’t want to PvP thus you wont be able to replenish your pool of pvp players…

doesn’t matter if the system is good or bad. You depend on your playerbase. It is in your best interest to keep the majority happy and paying.

Leagues are not a reward track. Not everyone is entitled to progress.

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I don’t love the new system. Conversely, I don’t hate it either. (Even as frustrated with it as I am)

I think Anet has the right general idea, but its poorly implemented. Which, unfortunately, results in one group or another suffering while they work out the kinks.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

HipposWild.7185

….

But you should at least be sure that the good players are the ones being rewarded. Last game I saw a pistol pistol thief winning by a landslide because he got tossed in the high MMR category. Do you think it was skill carrying him?

in PvP

Salamander.2504

….

But you should at least be sure that the good players are the ones being rewarded. Last game I saw a pistol pistol thief winning by a landslide because he got tossed in the high MMR category. Do you think it was skill carrying him?

It must have been his skill carrying him, for him to make p/p thief work.

in PvP

Posted by: SqualZell.7813

SqualZell.7813

you know that,
I know that (which is why i don’t pvp in this game)

but tell that to the rest of the community and hope they listen… cuz clearly, as seen on these forums it’s not the case. Also there are not real restrictions in place, thus people assume it’s for everyone,

it doesn’t matter if they are right or wrong! you are losing players (and paying customers) every day due to this, and eventually when not enough players pay? well ill let you figure out what happens to a company when they stop getting income.

in PvP

HipposWild.7185

….

You’re logic is so determined to prove itself right it could be ANET’s spvp matchmaking algorithm…

in PvP

Salamander.2504

you know that,
I know that (which is why i don’t pvp in this game)

but tell that to the rest of the community and hope they listen… cuz clearly, as seen on these forums it’s not the case. Also there are not real restrictions in place, thus people assume it’s for everyone,

it doesn’t matter if they are right or wrong! you are losing players (and paying customers) every day due to this, and eventually when not enough players pay? well ill let you figure out what happens to a company when they stop getting income.

Look at the front page of these forums in the past few days. We’ve had posts complaining about 20+ loss streaks right next to posts complaining about a 50% win-ratio because it prevents their progression! That is not a design flaw; it’s an issue in player perception and sense of entitlement. I don’t remember anyone complaining about a 50% loss-rate in Ranked before leagues—most of these players wouldn’t even step foot in ranked, but now all the sudden it’s supposed to be family friendly?

in PvP

Salamander.2504

….

You’re logic is so determined to prove itself right it could be ANET’s spvp matchmaking algorithm…

I have an entire thread dedicated to determining what’s wrong with ANet’s matchmaking—I’m not defending anything. But yeah, if someone using a bad build is winning by a landslide, chances are they are just very skilled to compensate—your logic didn’t make sense to me.

in PvP

Posted by: Barzhal.2640

Barzhal.2640

Not everyone is complaining due to lack of progress. I personally am complaining due to lack of competitive matches. Even when I win, most times I’m not happy because the other team never had a chance. Sure, I like to progress, but there’s no point in playing most of these matches with the current matchmaking.

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

People enjoying this season are mostly IN GAME progressing

You got it wrong. The people that are progressing are enjoying the game. And not even all of them, because, to tell the truth, having blowout victories is boring.

Yes, that’s the problem – that some people are entitled to progress, apparently, while others aren’t. And often it doesn’t have anything to do with their skill.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

Actually my friend this League IS a reward track because you cannot go down divisions. This system requires time to equalise. There WILL be people who’ve been unlucky and will eventually rise in division. There WILL be people who have been lucky and would drop division only it’s not allowed.

Rank isn’t going to equalise becasue Anet won’t let it. Anet won’t let it because MMR is in a mess. Anet won’t let it because a lot people will be bouncing up and down like yoyo’s. Anet won’t let it because the season isn’t long enough. The shear amount of RNG at play here should be obvious. MMR is invisible because how are people going to feel when they see that they have higher MMR than people in the division above them?

Rank is like a pendulum and MMR is the force that moves it only the pendulum is being prevented from freely returning.

People are vying for meaningless gems. Some people will deserve exactly what they have, but so many won’t it will detract from their achievement anyway – just like last season but with more bad feeling.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

There are already threads like this, there all shoved down the forum because there the minority.

People post on forums mainly because they are not happy with the game. Majority of players never even visits forums. Also, players that are happy with the game tend to play it instead of complaining about it.

Back to topic: i like current system. It is definitely more about skill than previous system.
I also think devs did great job on reducing solo vs premades match occurrences.

What definitely needs improvement is placement at begin of the season so inexperienced players don’t get farmed by top/better players for days/weeks.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

HipposWild.7185

….

I have an entire thread dedicated to determining what’s wrong with ANet’s matchmaking—I’m not defending anything. But yeah, if someone using a bad build is winning by a landslide, chances are they are just very skilled to compensate—your logic didn’t make sense to me.

That player was dead within 3 seconds of entering battle every time. It was like they were playing 4-manned. It just so happened that the other four team members were good enough to carry his dead weight. That is a staple of this season.

in PvP

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

I think that, and I could be wrong, that the new system does very well in rewarding skilled players with a good starting MMR or good players with good teams. I’m sure those people are having fun.

The issue has always been with average or below players. Those will have some issues because MMR is not calculated well.

A third note, if the system can not help to promote a healthy win/loss ratio where there is a true sense of progression, then this is what will happen: Amber and Emeralds will cease to exist which will make sapphire more challenging since it will only be able to pull from Sapphire or Ruby (+/- 15 pips rule). This in turn will create frustration with Sapphire/Ruby players and their matches. So the true answer to the whole Amber/Emerald mess is in a week or two to see if we have a healthy Sapphire and Ruby league or if we get Q time complaints or match complaints because the system failed to help promote play at low levels.

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

If all you care about is even matches, then play unranked, otherwise your just grasping at straws and finding excuses to complain, because the REAL reason your complaining is because you feel entitled to a higher division/ legendary back piece and your instant gratification mentality is making you feel you arnt progressing as fast as you should be (want to)

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I don’t think the problem is ppl wanting a reward track so much as being rewarded as they believe they DESERVE. Somewhere deep down there something on the level of justice that bothers ppl being victim of a system (any given system) while, not surprisingly, the successful aren’t seeing it that way at all or even as a problem…

in PvP

Posted by: jessiestiles.9437

jessiestiles.9437

I don’t think the problem is ppl wanting a reward track so much as being rewarded as they believe they DESERVE. Somewhere deep down there something on the level of justice that bothers ppl being victim of a system (any given system) while, not surprisingly, the successful aren’t seeing it that way at all or even as a problem…

+1 Very insightful

The pathology of power and the naure of evil: A person with power becomes addicted to it and they don’t respect people who have no power.

in PvP

Salamander.2504

+1 Very insightful

The pathology of power and the naure of evil: A person with power becomes addicted to it and they don’t respect people who have no power.

So these forums are becoming the Stanford Prison Experiment?

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

Not everyone is complaining due to lack of progress. I personally am complaining due to lack of competitive matches. Even when I win, most times I’m not happy because the other team never had a chance. Sure, I like to progress, but there’s no point in playing most of these matches with the current matchmaking.

This guy gets it. I’m in ruby now, I’m progressing, and I will get to legend solo this season, just like I did last season. By all accounts, I’m one of the beneficiaries of this new match making. Yet I am not happy with the system as it currently stands. Why? Because I don’t believe this match making and ladder system is sustainable long term. I don’t think it provides competitive matches and meaningful value for time invested for a very large portion of the player base. The lower half of the bell curve will grow tired of being stomped for the first 14 days of every season and quit PvP long before the ladder sorts itself out organically. As a fan of GW2 PvP, this concerns me greatly, because I see a future where the player base dwindles due to entry barrier issues. Currently, if you are a low to mid-tier player, the experience in amber and emerald must resemble waterboarding. Yet, to combat churn, we need some of those ambers and emeralds to keep playing, develop and eventually become the next Rank 55s and Abjureds of the scene. I don’t believe the current ladder accomplishes that goal at all.

A ladder should be a platform for player growth and provide a sense of accomplishment and meaningful time invested for players in diverse individual skill brackets. All the current ladder teaches is that mediocre players should not play for the first 14 days of a season. Not and ideal situation.

Two things require urgent fixing:

• Expectation management needs to improve. Anet needs to engage the PvP community in dialogue over the direction of seasonal play and proposed changes. A blog post (like the one we we had prior to season 2) is a good start, but only a start, a preface to the actual dialogue. Utilize Twitch more, utilize crowdsourcing, utilize your top ESL players. Review and implement their feedback.
  • Future ranked seasons need to include placement matches for new players, and former diamonds/legends should start their seasons at emerald/sapphire. A no-brainer.
Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Then why stick something like a legendary back item as a reward for competing in the league, and let’s not forget ANet said that everyone could earn it. That means that everyone should be able to progress high enough to make it, not anytime soon, but eventually.

What you seem to want is a league for the “pro’s”. Where only the beat can play and the “entitled” folk are not permitted. The problem is the league is open to everyone, with rewards for progressing, like a reward track……. So the league really is a reward track, just not a simple one, or one you are guaranteed to finish. But the carrot is there to get people to play. With out that carrot the uptake would be small, and would not promote the ESport direction ANet want to take with PvP.

You are missing the point of the league. It’s to get people playing PvP. To make it popular. To grow talent. With out new players coming into PvP thanks to MMR people will start to see the same people all the time. This then gets boring at some point.

While I agree not everyone is entitled to get to ruby diamond or legend rank, they should still feel progression to some point, not spend days in the same T.

Ask your self this. If you hit a “skill” brick wall that you alone can not overcome, there are 4 other people on your team that need to be able to carry them self’s, you stop playing. There are something we all can not do. The PvP league requires us to be at the mercy of 4 other people to progress. Sure getting a team might be the answer to some, but not everyone knows 4 other people who are “good” enough at PvP who are not already in there own team, or do not play when everyone else they know can. This answer is one coming from people who think that if you cannot spend enough time playing, you should not be playing PvP in the first place.

Of course if someone from ANet wants to come in and tell us that your right, we need to be of a skill level to compete in the league and if we don’t meet that level to go play unranked. I will gladly never play PvP again.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Salamander.2504

Then why stick something like a legendary back item as a reward for competing in the league, and let’s not forget ANet said that everyone could earn it. That means that everyone should be able to progress high enough to make it, not anytime soon, but eventually.

What you seem to want is a league for the “pro’s”. Where only the beat can play and the “entitled” folk are not permitted. The problem is the league is open to everyone, with rewards for progressing, like a reward track……. So the league really is a reward track, just not a simple one, or one you are guaranteed to finish. But the carrot is there to get people to play. With out that carrot the uptake would be small, and would not promote the ESport direction ANet want to take with PvP.

You are missing the point of the league. It’s to get people playing PvP. To make it popular. To grow talent. With out new players coming into PvP thanks to MMR people will start to see the same people all the time. This then gets boring at some point.

While I agree not everyone is entitled to get to ruby diamond or legend rank, they should still feel progression to some point, not spend days in the same T.

Ask your self this. If you hit a “skill” brick wall that you alone can not overcome, there are 4 other people on your team that need to be able to carry them self’s, you stop playing. There are something we all can not do. The PvP league requires us to be at the mercy of 4 other people to progress. Sure getting a team might be the answer to some, but not everyone knows 4 other people who are “good” enough at PvP who are not already in there own team, or do not play when everyone else they know can. This answer is one coming from people who think that if you cannot spend enough time playing, you should not be playing PvP in the first place.

Of course if someone from ANet wants to come in and tell us that your right, we need to be of a skill level to compete in the league and if we don’t meet that level to go play unranked. I will gladly never play PvP again.

Hard to argue with this. =)

in PvP

Posted by: Beliyal.7085

Beliyal.7085

A lot of people think the complainers only want to get to Legendary with little effort, but that’s not really true. I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t deserve to be in Legendary or even Diamond, perhaps not even Ruby divisions. I’m not even aiming for that. I aim for 4-5 matches per day with 2-3 wins, maybe more if I have more time and I feel like it.

I’m fine with Sapphire and it took me about two weeks of really casual PVP-ing in Season 1 to get to Sapphire (second to last tier). I progressed at a slower, but steady pace and enjoyed my time while not being a burden to the team, instead actually being a pretty valuable player, even receiving party invites several times. The problem is, right now I can’t get out of first tier Emerald, no matter what I do. I simply get paired with people of low skill.

And you might say that my skill is indeed also low, and I’ll agree that I’m not exactly an amazing player, but I’m not barely Emerald. I’m especially not supposed to be getting 15 loss streak because my team doesn’t know how to hold a point. And I’m not supposed to be in a team where people can barely contribute 70 points, while I have over 220, earned by caping, decaping, defending, communing, killing bosses, reviving… Basically, I do the most I can while having zero support from my team, or maybe having only one other player who knows what they are doing, while the rest go and die between points. Most of these people are even unresponsive when given instructions. This is bad even for unranked.

I most certainly do not belong in that skill group. And yet, the more I lose, the more I’m stuck with those players. And the more I’m stuck, the more I lose.

So yeah. There’s definitely an issue with matchmaking. Again, I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not Diamond material, but I don’t think it’s normal for me to be stuck in first tier Emerald, especially considering that I did rather fine in Season 1. At this point, I’m not encouraged to keep playing, while in Season 1 I felt like I was learning, getting better and gaining actual experience (and this was evident through my 54% win rate).

in PvP

Posted by: jessiestiles.9437

jessiestiles.9437

+1 Very insightful

So these forums are becoming the Stanford Prison Experiment?

As this forum is neither a prision nor a social experiment I can assume your question was rhetorical. Studies of human behaviour give us a broader understand than only within the confines of the study parameters. But yes there are some interesting and observable similarities with this league, the gaming community and the Stanford Prison Experiment. It is worth a read.

in PvP

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

time to move on to a different game guys, how many more chances are you going to give these developers? – It’s clear after 3 years they have NO idea what they are doing and each attempt the game gets progressively worse.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Least vocal, and most likely spending more time in-game actually enjoying it. *

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

LanfearShadowflame.3189

time to move on to a different game guys, how many more chances are you going to give these developers? – It’s clear after 3 years they have NO idea what they are doing and each attempt the game gets progressively worse.

snort

I’ve been hanging around since 2006…. perty sure I aint going nowhere after being around this long. Glutton for punishment, that’s me.

Eventually it’ll get better….. and then they’ll touch it again. XD

in PvP

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

I think we’re all assuming we’re either in the majority when we post regardless of side and no one can prove that this is not the case without Anet letting us know.

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

snort

I’ve been hanging around since 2006…. perty sure I aint going nowhere after being around this long. Glutton for punishment, that’s me.

I completely agree. Been playing GW/GW2 way too long to stop. Just because I’m not a fan of the current system, dose not mean it cannot/ will not change.

ANet have done enough good to keep me around. Sure they don’t always get everything as I see it right. But then I never get thing right all the time as my wife would tell you.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

in PvP

Posted by: Plykin.5764

Plykin.5764

Snip

+1 to this. I don’t think i am “entitled” and deserve diamond or legendary. I don’t even give a kitten about the rewards. All i want are decent games not 20/500 where i spend my time the entire game 1v5 or 2v5 while the rest of my team does nothing.

I have talked to these people after we get murdered and asking them what they are doing. Know what the top response is from the ones that respond. “I don’t like pvp” or “i dont usually play pvp” or “that was my first game” and “i just want wings”. (They are just looking for people to carry them so they can buy the kitten wings and go back to pve).

The only problem with this is when you have a team of 3-4 pves looking to get carried and 1-2 actual people who like pvp there is no carrying.

in PvP

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

snort

I completely agree. Been playing GW/GW2 way too long to stop. Just because I’m not a fan of the current system, dose not mean it cannot/ will not change.

ANet have done enough good to keep me around. Sure they don’t always get everything as I see it right. But then I never get thing right all the time as my wife would tell you.

This is true, but ask yourself, when was the last time you had one of those “Wow, what an awesome feature” moments, or “Man, that was so much fun” moments.

Different folks different strokes, just saying don’t be afraid of change, you might surprise yourself!

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

snort

This is true, but ask yourself, when was the last time you had one of those “Wow, what an awesome feature” moments, or “Man, that was so much fun” moments.

Different folks different strokes, just saying don’t be afraid of change, you might surprise yourself!

When I started playing DH.in PvP, then unlocked it in PvE, I really didn’t like the thought or sound of the class, but I love playing it. So probably late January.

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

There are already threads like this, they’re all shoved down the forum because they’re the minority.

How does one mess up a pretty decent mic-drop, kitten you even have ‘There are’ at the VERY START OF THE LINE!

I need a table to flip.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

A lot of people think the complainers only want to get to Legendary with little effort, but that’s not really true. I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t deserve to be in Legendary or even Diamond, perhaps not even Ruby divisions. I’m not even aiming for that. I aim for 4-5 matches per day with 2-3 wins, maybe more if I have more time and I feel like it.

I’m fine with Sapphire and it took me about two weeks of really casual PVP-ing in Season 1 to get to Sapphire (second to last tier). I progressed at a slower, but steady pace and enjoyed my time while not being a burden to the team, instead actually being a pretty valuable player, even receiving party invites several times. The problem is, right now I can’t get out of first tier Emerald, no matter what I do. I simply get paired with people of low skill.

And you might say that my skill is indeed also low, and I’ll agree that I’m not exactly an amazing player, but I’m not barely Emerald. I’m especially not supposed to be getting 15 loss streak because my team doesn’t know how to hold a point. And I’m not supposed to be in a team where people can barely contribute 70 points, while I have over 220, earned by caping, decaping, defending, communing, killing bosses, reviving… Basically, I do the most I can while having zero support from my team, or maybe having only one other player who knows what they are doing, while the rest go and die between points. Most of these people are even unresponsive when given instructions. This is bad even for unranked.

I most certainly do not belong in that skill group. And yet, the more I lose, the more I’m stuck with those players. And the more I’m stuck, the more I lose.

So yeah. There’s definitely an issue with matchmaking. Again, I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not Diamond material, but I don’t think it’s normal for me to be stuck in first tier Emerald, especially considering that I did rather fine in Season 1. At this point, I’m not encouraged to keep playing, while in Season 1 I felt like I was learning, getting better and gaining actual experience (and this was evident through my 54% win rate).

I dont see your point
You said you got to saphire last season playing really casual for TWO weeks, its only been 1 week and your almost halfway there already, and you have FIVE , count them, FIVE more weeks left in the season, over twice as much more time to do it again.

All im seeing here is impatience and a need for instant gratification

in PvP

Posted by: MetalJacket.2307

MetalJacket.2307

I LOVE IT! bunch of Drumpf supporters that play classes that required min skill in order to boost their ego…i can cherish the thought that humans haven’t advanced at all especially the Americans that want everything handed down to them easy on a platter just cuz they bought the expansion and got their Heralds, Traps and Necros.

I LOVE IT! ANET just doesn’t give a hoot and still gets ur money, they don’t even have to do anything…NEW WINGS yes! they look cool, nice pixels but what about fixing game? balance? who cares when i look fly right?!

haha oh yeah and i’m one of those that bought the game and some in game stuff, i love the pve just not the pvp. Will i uninstall, maybe, why keep playing? good Q will i pvp as war ABSOLUTELY! why? cuz i want to challenge myself. Will ANET fix anything NO! will guards trap EVERY game YES!

kk my reply was pointless, life has no meaning

in PvP

Posted by: Torafugu.1087

Torafugu.1087

Free wins are great bro. The new system is awesome.
Now I said it, where is my free win streak.

in PvP

Posted by: Plykin.5764

Plykin.5764

Free wins are great bro. The new system is awesome.
Now I said it, where is my free win streak.

I am contemplating making new accounts until i get my first 10 games on the winning side of the slot machine so i can have all these free wins too.

in PvP

Posted by: Beliyal.7085

Beliyal.7085

I dont see your point
You said you got to saphire last season playing really casual for TWO weeks, its only been 1 week and your almost halfway there already, and you have FIVE , count them, FIVE more weeks left in the season, over twice as much more time to do it again.

All im seeing here is impatience and a need for instant gratification

The issue is that in Season 1 the punishment for losing wasn’t the same. Right now, each time I lose, the system messes up my standing and throws me lower with worse teams. In Season 1 (in pvp in general for as long as I played), my biggest loss streak was 6-7, usually mended by having several days of 3-4 win streaks. Today I got to 15 losses in a row (or more, I’m not sure). It’s… weird because most of those losses were completely out of my hands. The progression is far more unpredictable.

Patience is not my problem. I know I have enough time until the season ends. However, the way progression works now is far more discouraging and frustrating than it was before. I’m currently at 2 pips in tier 1 Emerald and judging by how things are going, I’m gonna lose them tomorrow before gaining two more to move to tier 2.

Also, too many losses end up being things like 500-100. This was very rare for me before, for any team to lose with such low points, even when one player disconnects. Currently, this seems to be the standard. I really don’t understand why this happens and if the matchmaking decided that I’m a terrible player, why not pair my terrible team with another terrible team? I just don’t have fun playing like this, even when I’m on the winning side (and I’ve been there a few times this season). Judging by some other comments on the forums, this issue isn’t an exception.

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Least vocal, and most likely spending more time in-game actually enjoying it. *

Maybe. But they still are only a small minority.

I think we’re all assuming we’re either in the majority when we post regardless of side and no one can prove that this is not the case without Anet letting us know.

Significant drop in sPvP population (that can be seen through queue times) strongly suggests that disappointed players are in majority.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

Wait… you mean to tell me there are more bad players than good ones?! So that’s what percentile means…

in PvP

LanfearShadowflame.3189

snort

Lol no…not afraid of change. If I was…I probably wouldnt be here to begin with, let alone still here…

As for “man that was so much fun” …kicking Mordy’s butt Sunday. Finally got around to playing HoT’s story, and I had a blast in the last instance.

in PvP

Torafugu.1087

Wait… you mean to tell me there are more bad players than good ones?! So that’s what percentile means…

We are telling you the season stuck itself in snowball hell. People leaving causes longer queue time and that lead to more people leaving.
And pull your head out of the sand about “bad” players. you can put the best player in the world at 300 MMR and he’d never be able to pull out of it as long as he solo queues.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The issue is that in Season 1 the punishment for losing wasn’t the same. Right now, each time I lose, the system messes up my standing and throws me lower with worse teams. In Season 1 (in pvp in general for as long as I played), my biggest loss streak was 6-7, usually mended by having several days of 3-4 win streaks. Today I got to 15 losses in a row (or more, I’m not sure). It’s… weird because most of those losses were completely out of my hands. The progression is far more unpredictable.

I think the matchmaking issues are highlighting problems with the actual mmr calculation, that its simply not all that accurate with regard to player skill because it doesn’t take into account things like rotation, how you play secondary mechanics etc…
It really should have been reset for the season.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Zlater.6789

Zlater.6789

I’ve really been having really great fun with pvp this season. While I have been losing a lot and winning a bit less, most of my matches are really close and it’s been satisfying. Just don’t be disswayed by the people on these forums or the people in team chat. I usually swap to combat chat unless I’m in a premade because there are a lot of sore losers in the game, and they always seem to be on my team lol.

There is one thing I noticed, the people who complain and moan the loudest are the ones they are complaining about. So be encouraged, and keep fighting, you’ll get there.

in PvP

Torafugu.1087

I’ve really been having really great fun with pvp this season. While I have been losing a lot and winning a bit less, most of my matches are really close and it’s been satisfying. Just don’t be disswayed by the people on these forums or the people in team chat. I usually swap to combat chat unless I’m in a premade because there are a lot of sore losers in the game, and they always seem to be on my team lol.

There is one thing I noticed, the people who complain and moan the loudest are the ones they are complaining about. So be encouraged, and keep fighting, you’ll get there.

A scam takes two person.
Guess which side this one is on …

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

A scam takes two person.
Guess which side this one is on …

Ditto.