Posted by: Zlater.6789

Zlater.6789

Yes I am a scammer, confirmed.
Please convict me.

I love the new system thread

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I think the matchmaking issues are highlighting problems with the actual mmr calculation, that its simply not all that accurate with regard to player skill because it doesn’t take into account things like rotation, how you play secondary mechanics etc…

The main problem with mmr is that it’s supposed to reflect player skill, but instead is based on team performance. In the current league matchmaking system, that distinction has severe negative consequences.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: Siren.2843

Siren.2843

4 words: Skyhammer calibrated to red

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

System is great as long as you’re on the side of the equation that thinks you’re a winner. I’ve been on both sides. Truthfully the system eh.
I think they’re getting at the right idea. Where they screwed everyone is when they gave new players an average MMR that skews everything because as those “average” players enter games with are truly average players, and guess what… they aren’t average. They run around do very little or zerg. As a result they end up messing up the truly average players and sinking everyone.

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

yes i like the new matchmaking i can literally feel how good players like me rise easily to the top while bads who whine about matchmaking and necromancers stay 2 dvisions below us

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Torafugu.1087

Torafugu.1087

System is great as long as you’re on the side of the equation that thinks you’re a winner. I’ve been on both sides. Truthfully the system eh.
I think they’re getting at the right idea. Where they screwed everyone is when they gave new players an average MMR that skews everything because as those “average” players enter games with are truly average players, and guess what… they aren’t average. They run around do very little or zerg. As a result they end up messing up the truly average players and sinking everyone.

come everyone ! we have a kitten ! come worship him.
Enjoy the free ride up and one hour queue times.

in PvP

Posted by: Rain.7543

Rain.7543

yes i like the new matchmaking i can literally feel how good players like me rise easily to the top while bads who whine about matchmaking and necromancers stay 2 dvisions below us

Good players? Do you have any idea how many terrible players are being carried right now to top divisions, just because they abused and tanked their MMR last season? Now the system consider them good and because of that they ride the win streak wave and think themselves some pvp gods. To be honest if they were that good like you said, they would not want to be carried artifficially by a fundamentally broken system. They would want competitive games, where they can show their skill and emerge from a game with the knowledge that they ACTUALLY earned it and fought hard for it. The fact that the so called “pros” – (and yes the "" is intensional) were completely alright with cleaving through groups of new players a long the way tells me they are way less skilled then they make themselves to be.

The fact that you come here and straight away claim you are a good player, because ‘good players like you EASILY rise to the top ranks.’ is enough to know you are in fact a bad player caught in a lucky win streak. Any system that privilages a certain group of people, while ignoring the rest is not a good system, but its a flawed system.
The only way this system would ever be fair and balanced is if Anet finally open their eyes and remove MMR all together from ranked and league MM. The system must only consider pip range and division standing when calculates a MM.

During this first week, since the league started I lost count how many times I’ve seen some “pro” claiming the system is good, because it carries easily the “good” players through the rank. How is that a good system? And how are those a good players if they need to be held by the hand and carried? Skilled players are supposed to be skilled, right? Why then the so-called pro players are so afraid of facing even matches from the start of the league? Why do they need a system to carry them to the -supposed- high division they belong to. Yes this is the words of most of this supposed skilled players. That they belong in a highest division. Then PROVE IT. Dont have a broken system carry you, but prove that you belong in high division, by facing equally skilled players, not a completely new one. Too afraid of the rude awakening that maybe you are not so good after all? Of course you are, because its such a better ego booster to cleave through hordes of new players and think yourself the best players in the world.

No matter what you believe or like, the system is flawed, its being proven to be flawed, and thats the rude awakening, which you and the others like you will face very soon, when you hit the lose streaks or the 1-2 hours long queues. Enjoy your “amazing” season!

in PvP

Posted by: Beliyal.7085

Beliyal.7085

I think the matchmaking issues are highlighting problems with the actual mmr calculation, that its simply not all that accurate with regard to player skill because it doesn’t take into account things like rotation, how you play secondary mechanics etc…
It really should have been reset for the season.

Yeah. And not only that it doesn’t calculate properly, it also doesn’t pair teams with equal skill (judging by how many matches end with a complete slaughter). I wouldn’t mind this if the matchmaking gave me an equally terrible team to compete with, rather than pair one terrible team with a team that should’ve been 2 divisions higher. Losing like that not only keeps us low, but it actually worsens our positions and makes sure that we’ll never get out of it because each loss is a huge punishment.

At this point, you either give up or fight a futile battle.

in PvP

Lexander.4579

Good players? Do you have any idea how many terrible players are being carried right now to top divisions, just because they abused and tanked their MMR last season? Now the system consider them good and because of that they ride the win streak wave and think themselves some pvp gods. To be honest if they were that good like you said, they would not want to be carried artifficially by a fundamentally broken system. They would want competitive games, where they can show their skill and emerge from a game with the knowledge that they ACTUALLY earned it and fought hard for it. The fact that the so called “pros” – (and yes the "" is intensional) were completely alright with cleaving through groups of new players a long the way tells me they are way less skilled then they make themselves to be.

The fact that you come here and straight away claim you are a good player, because ‘good players like you EASILY rise to the top ranks.’ is enough to know you are in fact a bad player caught in a lucky win streak. Any system that privilages a certain group of people, while ignoring the rest is not a good system, but its a flawed system.
The only way this system would ever be fair and balanced is if Anet finally open their eyes and remove MMR all together from ranked and league MM. The system must only consider pip range and division standing when calculates a MM.

During this first week, since the league started I lost count how many times I’ve seen some “pro” claiming the system is good, because it carries easily the “good” players through the rank. How is that a good system? And how are those a good players if they need to be held by the hand and carried? Skilled players are supposed to be skilled, right? Why then the so-called pro players are so afraid of facing even matches from the start of the league? Why do they need a system to carry them to the -supposed- high division they belong to. Yes this is the words of most of this supposed skilled players. That they belong in a highest division. Then PROVE IT. Dont have a broken system carry you, but prove that you belong in high division, by facing equally skilled players, not a completely new one. Too afraid of the rude awakening that maybe you are not so good after all? Of course you are, because its such a better ego booster to cleave through hordes of new players and think yourself the best players in the world.

No matter what you believe or like, the system is flawed, its being proven to be flawed, and thats the rude awakening, which you and the others like you will face very soon, when you hit the lose streaks or the 1-2 hours long queues. Enjoy your “amazing” season!

thats quite a large post you’ve got there so ill only focus on its fundamental moment: opposite to the claims you made in your post there are actually very few players who say that the system is good, as it should be, since good players who are the minority are rewarded by the system and bad players which are the large and vocal majority are being encouraged to become better, but instead of improving they are complaining all over the forum and HotM map chat about losing

in PvP

Torafugu.1087

thats quite a large post you’ve got there so ill only focus on its fundamental moment: opposite to the claims you made in your post there are actually very few players who say that the system is good, as it should be, since good players who are the minority are rewarded by the system and bad players which are the large and vocal majority are being encouraged to become better, but instead of improving they are complaining all over the forum and HotM map chat about losing

Nobody will complain about being handed free stuff.

in PvP

Lexander.4579

Nobody will complain about being handed free stuff.

i wouldnt say that becoming good comes as “free stuff”, unless of course there is some algorithm conspiracy behind all that where some people are born as good players and some are doomed to be bad

in PvP

Torafugu.1087

i wouldnt say that becoming good comes as “free stuff”, unless of course there is some algorithm conspiracy behind all that where some people are born as good players and some are doomed to be bad

The algorithm hand out win streak to some people and loss streak to others.
And you are probably the only one who isn’t are of this by now.
Or perhaps you thought you won because you were awesome ?

in PvP

Lexander.4579

I dont think I win because I am “awesome”. I believe Im winning because of the time and effort I put into learning the game and becoming better

in PvP

Torafugu.1087

I dont think I win because I am “awesome”. I believe Im winning because of the time and effort I put into learning the game and becoming better

That is a very nice thought, but no.

in PvP

Lexander.4579

if you tried to do that too you would agree, but its easier to assume that you are hunted by the predatory algorithm of course

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

Lol u mad?
Wow could you be any more of a sore loser lololol
The system isnt giving away “free win streaks” its matching players together in the same division +-15 pips apart, the people getting win streaks actually have to PLAY the game and WIN and they do.
But Keep coming up with conspiracy theories about how anet rigged the system against you and how everyone in the higher divisions are just “bad players” who got magically carried with “free win streaks” yet still continue to progress while the amazingly skillful players such as yourself lose every game

in PvP

Torafugu.1087

if you tried to do that too you would agree, but its easier to assume that you are hunted by the predatory algorithm of course

Unlike you I can understand math.

in PvP

Torafugu.1087

Lol u mad?
The system isnt giving away “free win streaks” its matching players together in the same division +-15 pips apart, the people getting win streaks actually have to PLAY the game and WIN and they do.
But Keep coming up with conspiracy theories about how anet rigged the system against you and how everyone in the higher divisions are just “bad players” who got magically carried with “free win streaks” yet still continue to progress while the amazingly skillful players such as yourself lose every game

There is no conspiracy. The same braindead algorithm handing out of your wins is causing people to be repeatedly matched with/against same opponents, giving unlucky people huge loss streaks and causing your ever increasing queue times.

Maybe just take a nap while MM look for a game.

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Leagues are not a reward track. Not everyone is entitled to progress.

This

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

A troll detected, move along…

in PvP

Posted by: SqualZell.7813

SqualZell.7813

This

But if it’s not a REWARD track why is there a REWARD at the end?

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

This

It is a good thing to make something not everyone can reach. Like I said before, as far as I’m concerned the problem isn’t there.

I can totally live with people just being way better than me at something. However, I want something I deserve for good or bad.

in PvP

Rain.7543

Lol u mad?

How nice. When I see someone starting a sentence with ‘Wow u mad?’, not to mention the ‘lololol’ I immediately have a very clear sense of the said person intellectual level, which in your case in somewhere around that of an ameba.

Nevertheless I will try and explain to you my point, which I am almost sure it will yet escape your grasp, but I will give it a shot anyway.

The system is matching players together in the same division, yes! But also the system uses this thing called MMR, which in return causes all the issues.
The mmr differences between the teams matched to play against one another is the reason we are seeing such blowouts games, where the end scores are with huge gaps of 300-400 and sometimes even more points. It was said the system will smooth itself out after the first days, but there is no yet sigh of that happening. Anyway the way I see it if you have to wait a system to smooth -itself- out, clearly something is wrong with the system itself. A well designed system should function properly from the go on.

To the rest of your insults let me say that – I am not an amazing player and I never claimed to be one. I am a casual, avarage player with 50/50 win lose ration. I haven’t encountered any horrible lose streaks so far, so I am not sore about anything.
The reason I post here is because I want a competitive games. I want to have fun when I pvp. I dont see any of that now. When I win a game its usually a complete blowout with my team dominating the game and ending it with 300 or more point difference. When I lose its the same case scenario, because I end up with people rushing lord at 150 points, or dying at beast, or double capping or rushing again and again on certain point, even after they are getting wiped out repeatedly there.
I will try and spell it out for you easily – There is NO FUN in that. For EITHER sides.

The whole philosophy of an competitive league environment is to be competitive – The fact that such blowout games are happening so ofter is prove enough that the system is flawed.

I am also not saying ALL players in high divisions are bad. There are indeed many skilled players in this game, but its a fact that this season they climbed the divisions by being matched against people with much lesser skills then their own. Some of them steped up to spoke against the system, but many were perfectly fine with their easy wins. Many also came here and stated that the system is good, because it carries them easily to higher divisions. One of such statements being the original poster I quoted. And I still stand behind my statement that there is many bad players cluttered into the high divisions right now, who dont belong there, but they have being carried on the long win streaks, because of all the abusement and MMR tanking during Season 1.

Now is that a simple enough for your restricted IQ to understand, or have I carried myself away again and you will once more skip to read and grasp 99% of my post?

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

This

It is a good thing to make something not everyone can reach. Like I said before, as far as I’m concerned the problem isn’t there.

I can totally live with people just being way better than me at something. However, I want something I deserve for good or bad.

Don’t really care about this part of the argument, but I have to add that Anet has said EVERYONE gets a legendary backpack since the Year of Ascension achievement line is not limited to this year. It may take some people longer, but everyone will get the backpack eventually… so it is kind of like a reward track. Just saying.

Oh, and people who complain aren’t always sore losers, sometimes they’re just sore from losing. Maybe the system will all balance out in two more weeks, but then the question has to be asked, why did we have to wait 3 weeks to get balanced match-ups?

in PvP

Kayberz.5346

Same cyclical argument over and over, “i dont care about what division im in”, “all i care about is even matches”, “were not complaining about not getting a higher division, we just want competitive matches”, its all BULLkitten excuses, the reason your complaining is because you want a higher division, period

If all you REALLY care about is even 50/50 matches, PLAY UNRANKED, otherwise your just making bullkitten excuses to distract from your real intentions, to “get yours”

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

love new system too. especially pip streak!

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Posted by: Plykin.5764

Plykin.5764

Same cyclical argument over and over, “i dont care about what division im in”, “all i care about is even matches”, “were not complaining about not getting a higher division, we just want competitive matches”, its all BULLkitten excuses, the reason your complaining is because you want a higher division, period

If all you REALLY care about is even 50/50 matches, PLAY UNRANKED, otherwise your just making bullkitten excuses to distract from your real intentions, to “get yours”

Not really. I don’t care what division i am in, I just want to have fun(not get murdered 10/500) while also being able to know how well i am doing as a player (so i can tell if i am learning to play better or not). Unranked does provide fun. But there is no way for me to tell if i am playing fresh newbs or decent players. Also unranked does not really work when everyone is playing ranked and i have hour long queue times trying to play unranked.

You should read this if you think everyone is only concerned with the “reward” of being in a higher division.
http://www.mostdangerousgamedesign.com/2013/08/the-psychology-of-rewards-in-games.html

(edited by Plykin.5764)

in PvP

Rain.7543

How about you don’t tell me what to do, how to do it and where to do it, kid?
I don’t really care what you or anyone else with your lack of intellect thinks about me.
I tried to convey my point and how I see things on my end, without resorting to insults when that was possible, e.g before I was directly met with such.

And, yes! This is exactly what I want. I play this game to have fun and competitive games. I had fun playing Season 1 and I had many fun competitive games. This is not the case now. I know its hard for someone so intellectually deprived and yet full of himself to understand that, but there you have it. Also dont even bother answering to this post. I am done wasting my time with you.

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

You wouldn’t, per chance, also happen to be a climato-skeptic?

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It is a good thing to make something not everyone can reach.

Perhaps, but in this case this is irrelevant. As per Anet statements before the first season, this is a reward everyone should be able to reach, assuming they’ll want to keep playing. Good players are just supposed to get to that reward earlier.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: Jak Shadow.2864

Jak Shadow.2864

The old ladder system with MMR (not last ladder season when it was more grind based) was far superior.

Decent matches and players could see if they were improving. No rewards on offer except for top few.

Current season is worst PvP experience ever in both GW1 and GW2. Thinking of going back to LotRo at this point.

In spite of my 5,500 games and doing well in all previous seasons (top 10% in old MMR ladder which is good enough for me) this season has been a disaster on my main account. On my alt account it has been going pretty well but I don’t play it so much.

I appreciate the advice to just get good, but something ought to explain my terrible performance this season. Have I just become much worse? My alt experience suggests otherwise.

I hope they don’t change the system. I may not be playing next season or it can’t be as bad as this season. Maybe some of you GWAMMs can enjoy the other side of the coin next time around.

in PvP

Beliyal.7085

Same cyclical argument from your side, as well. People keep writing in-depth analysis of what is wrong (for them) with this system and we get people replying with infantilizing comments.

As if it is outright impossible for a system to be broken for a portion of the player base. As if this is outside of the realm of possibility.

It’s not. If you were lucky and started well, I assume you had no problems. Some people weren’t as lucky and got matched terribly, which commenced their losing streaks and destroyed their standing, regardless of personal skill.

Today I got slightly out of it, due to having luck, gaining a really good team at random and everyone in it was willing to team up. We ended up playing 7 more matches and winning 5 of those. No one from that team is a terrible player (for our skill level, of course). And yet we’ve been in a horrible position before teaming up. Together and against a team of even skill level, we do fine, we have interesting matches, even when we lost, no one was angry because the match was close and competitive. We also had a few slaughters and I feel bad when that happens because it’s 4 minutes of stomping the enemy for 500-40 result. It’s boring. This isn’t why I moved to ranked from unranked.

Unranked is a gamble, you have no idea about the players in your team and in the opposing team and what might be their skill level. But in ranked, I’ve never had this issue before Season 2. I knew that, by going in, I’ll be facing people who know how a map works. I’ve had a pleasant experience as a relatively casual player in ranked. However, Season 2 has been more like unranked for me than ranked. Thankfully, I may be getting out of MMR hell and it was definitely proven to me today that my loss streaks weren’t the consequence of me being a terrible player. With a decent team and when matchmaking actually matches teams of equal skill, all is going as it should. You win some, you lose some, matches are at least interesting. It’s a shame that it took over a week for this to happen and that the main advice for players so far has been “don’t play the game, wait for it to stabilize.” Yeah, when the advice is “don’t play the game,” something went wrong.

in PvP

Kayberz.5346

Its a competitive ladder system , actual GOOD players are progressing just fine, every good player i know has had no trouble at all getting to at least ruby division, everyone else ive seen complaining have been the players who claim to be “average” , “not the best, but still decent”, and “did decent enough last season” (despite last season being a complete joke where low mmr players only had to face other low mmr players)
Everyone thinks they are entitled to a high division, no one seems to want to admit that they are a emerald/sapphire caliber player, yet if the system is working correctly a MAJORITY of players SHOULD be there.
Using last season to gauge where you should be now doesnt work, because 1. Last season had the WORST matchmaking and was a complete gamble and 2. We arent even half way done with the season yet.
Entitled people love to find other entitled people and join hands in a “gimmie gimmie” mob mentality, kind of like unions.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The main problem with mmr is that it’s supposed to reflect player skill, but instead is based on team performance. In the current league matchmaking system, that distinction has severe negative consequences.

Quoted for truth

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Plykin.5764

Its a competitive ladder system , actual GOOD players are progressing just fine, every good player i know has had no trouble at all getting to at least ruby division, everyone else ive seen complaining have been the players who claim to be “average” , “not the best, but still decent”, and “did decent enough last season” (despite last season being a complete joke where low mmr players only had to face other low mmr players)
Everyone thinks they are entitled to a high division, no one seems to want to admit that they are a emerald/sapphire caliber player, yet if the system is working correctly a MAJORITY of players SHOULD be there.
Using last season to gauge where you should be now doesnt work, because 1. Last season had the WORST matchmaking and was a complete gamble and 2. We arent even half way done with the season yet.
Entitled people love to find other entitled people and join hands in a “gimmie gimmie” mob mentality, kind of like unions.

Enjoy your fake fabricated MMR “GOOD player” hope it helps you sleep at night.

btw how are you judging “every good player i know”.
Because i know plenty of people who have thousands + pvp games and have been playing pvp since release who are feeling the broken system.

This part is funny “despite last season being a complete joke where low mmr players only had to face other low mmr players”

Lol this season “where high mmr players/teams only have to face lower mmr players/teams”
Please tell me how this is better.
here is a photo someone else made for a visual.

Attachments:

(edited by Plykin.5764)

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

So if we are ruby and up will you believe it if with say something or you will still keep your climato-skeptic stance?

in PvP

Beliyal.7085

I guess we’ll simply have to agree to disagree. You didn’t see what’s happening to actual decent players, so it probably sounds as ridiculous “whining.” Season 1, to me, was difficult but manageable when you learn and put some effort. Season 2 is a literal gamble. And it was all decided in the first few matches of the season. If you were lucky at first, your standing wasn’t ruined and you progress normally. For a large player base, this wasn’t the case. It’s not a difficult concept to understand.

No one is complaining because they think they are entitled to a high division. Most of the people complaining I’ve seen have said that they’d be fine with Sapphire, me included. I’ve been in Emerald tier 1 for three days and this season Emerald tiers have 4 pips, unlike Season 1 where they had 5 and I progressed 1 tier per day (or half a tier if the day went badly). I don’t consider myself an awesome player, but I’m not so bad to be unable to leave first tier Emerald. As was evident today when I teamed up with a good team. We passed the tier in 3 matches. Because we’re good enough to pass Emerald and shouldn’t be struggling for 3 days in the first tier. Is this entitled? Are we entitled to think that we don’t deserve to be teamed up with people who literally don’t understand how the map works? I’m harsh towards my skill and consider it to be mediocre, but I know not to screw up the match by going to Tranquility three times when it’s not the time for Tranquility. How did that person end up in Emerald? Such good matchmaking. We have those people in the same division with actually decent average players who are trying to advance.

Also, I don’t find Emerald to be bad. I’m fine here, but I believe progress should have been made in the past three days. I was literally stuck in tier 1 (where I don’t belong, along with many other players) instead of slowly advancing. I feel I should have been somewhere towards the end of Emerald by now, considering my individual results, my effort and the fact that each tier has less pips than before.

Lastly, I’m not in this for the reward track, the Legendary backpack or whatever the hell is the reward. Many people have said the same. Why do people continue to decide in our name what we want and accuse us for stuff that no one said is beyond me.

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I guess we’ll simply have to agree to disagree. You didn’t see what’s happening to actual decent players, so it probably sounds as ridiculous “whining.” Season 1, to me, was difficult but manageable when you learn and put some effort. Season 2 is a literal gamble. And it was all decided in the first few matches of the season. If you were lucky at first, your standing wasn’t ruined and you progress normally. For a large player base, this wasn’t the case. It’s not a difficult concept to understand.

No one is complaining because they think they are entitled to a high division. Most of the people complaining I’ve seen have said that they’d be fine with Sapphire, me included. I’ve been in Emerald tier 1 for three days and this season Emerald tiers have 4 pips, unlike Season 1 where they had 5 and I progressed 1 tier per day (or half a tier if the day went badly). I don’t consider myself an awesome player, but I’m not so bad to be unable to leave first tier Emerald. As was evident today when I teamed up with a good team. We passed the tier in 3 matches. Because we’re good enough to pass Emerald and shouldn’t be struggling for 3 days in the first tier. Is this entitled? Are we entitled to think that we don’t deserve to be teamed up with people who literally don’t understand how the map works? I’m harsh towards my skill and consider it to be mediocre, but I know not to screw up the match by going to Tranquility three times when it’s not the time for Tranquility. How did that person end up in Emerald? Such good matchmaking. We have those people in the same division with actually decent average players who are trying to advance.

Also, I don’t find Emerald to be bad. I’m fine here, but I believe progress should have been made in the past three days. I was literally stuck in tier 1 (where I don’t belong, along with many other players) instead of slowly advancing. I feel I should have been somewhere towards the end of Emerald by now, considering my individual results, my effort and the fact that each tier has less pips than before.

Lastly, I’m not in this for the reward track, the Legendary backpack or whatever the hell is the reward. Many people have said the same. Why do people continue to decide in our name what we want and accuse us for stuff that no one said is beyond me.

I think this is what gets me the most from that kind of ppl and not just in the game but in life in general. They are so convinced others only want handouts and have no honor and no pride. They apparently can’t be like them because otherwise all their world would crumble on top of them and actually have to face a very different reality.

If only they could just show some empathy and acknowledge others legitimate burdens all the whining it the world would suddenly evaporate (a big chunk of it anyway). But, no, they have to try and crush others to feel superior and justified. They speak of others entitlements but are often the ones who are all about it when they feel threaten in their belief.

in PvP

Kayberz.5346

You dont care about the back piece? Then stop playing ranked and play unranked, problem solved

in PvP

Plykin.5764

You dont care about the back piece? Then stop playing ranked and play unranked, problem solved

Please kindly reread this for that go play unranked argument.

Not really. I don’t care what division i am in, I just want to have fun(not get murdered 10/500) while also being able to know how well i am doing as a player (so i can tell if i am learning to play better or not). Unranked does provide fun. But there is no way for me to tell if i am playing fresh newbs or decent players. Also unranked does not really work when everyone is playing ranked and i have hour long queue times trying to play unranked.

in PvP

Beliyal.7085

Well, I don’t think that really solves the problem of a system that isn’t working properly.

I moved to ranked because I no longer had fun in unranked. It was unpredictable and I felt like I could no longer truly enjoy playing with people where three of them go to close at the beginning and just stand there. And when you tell them to go, they don’t even listen. Not really my cup of tea now that I know how to deal with each map, this doesn’t provide an enjoyable PvP match.

Also, I’ll continue playing and give feedback. Things have definitely improved when I finally put together a decent team and kept it for the day, so I suggest people do that as soon as possible. Without that, it’s a gamble each match. Will I get a team of first time players? Will the enemy be ten times above my skill level? Who knows. Not me. Definitely not the matchmaking.

in PvP

Kayberz.5346

Please kindly reread this for that go play unranked argument.

I read it the first time.
Just sounds like more excuses, that are filled with hyperbole and false statements

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Did I say I do not care? I already have what I need for it. It’s only a matter of time now.

My problem was never about the back piece or whatever reward. My problem was always how some ppl like to make stats say what they don’t and how they would ridicule any of the legitimate claims made by ppl less lucky then them instead of just enjoying the fruit of their efforts and also their good fortune. Yes, blaspheme, I said good fortune. You never control everything in life. Too often not even close to the majority of the variables in the equation.

Believe me, I too wish those who are good at what they love get some legit recognition. Not because I think I’m THAT good but because I can relate to that desire. My problem is we aren’t there yet as there is a vice in the current system if you have soloq and or used riskier builds and paid for your audacity. You might end-up in a bad spot and actually be quite good. Just acknowledging that would have saved you so much whining you have no idea.

in PvP

Plykin.5764

@ kay. Please inform me what part of my statement is false.

in PvP

Kayberz.5346

The 500/10 game score, complete hyperbole, that is a very RARE occurrence
Queue times in unranked are no where near an hour long
And your statements about “being able to know if im getting better” can be said about ranked as well, especially if the matchmaking is as unbalanced as you claim

in PvP

Plykin.5764

The 500/10 game score, complete hyperbole, that is a very RARE occurrence
Queue times in unranked are no where near an hour long
And your statements about “being able to know if im getting better” can be said about ranked as well, especially if the matchmaking is as unbalanced as you claim

1. Yes that is a rare occurrence but so is a game where its 400/500. The majority of games are blowouts. A better example that i see all the time would be something like 222/500.
2. You want me to record this kitten for you too see. Remember not everyone plays when you do, so you might not be experiencing this. But i doubt you are even trying unranked queue because you are obviously one of these people who is getting free wins in ranked.
3. yes ranked is unbalanced as i claim but it does give me a tiny gauge to how well i am doing vs unranked with nothing. A broken rating system is better then no system.

FYI i am still curious how are you judging “every good player i know”. Since last season does not count and i know some people who have played since release who are stuck in emerald/sapphire.

(edited by Plykin.5764)

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Funny with this system I did better than last season, and I’m average at best. So I’m ether better than I think, or you are average too.

So am I a good player complaining with the average people, or are you just as average as me and not as good as you think you are?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Enjoy your fake fabricated MMR “GOOD player” hope it helps you sleep at night.

btw how are you judging “every good player i know”.
Because i know plenty of people who have thousands + pvp games and have been playing pvp since release who are feeling the broken system.

This part is funny “despite last season being a complete joke where low mmr players only had to face other low mmr players”

Lol this season “where high mmr players/teams only have to face lower mmr players/teams”
Please tell me how this is better.
here is a photo someone else made for a visual.

They’re in for a world of hurt with an upcoming losing streak and Punisher isn’t even going to run with guns (way too OP) even if they’re in his picture too:

Anyway, both seasons had terrible matchmaking for different reasons. Both metas are terrible and which one is worse depends on your individual circumstances. Chill needs some nerf somewhere maybe give it a duration cap (like maybe 3 seconds) and give all characters a 2 or 3 second resistance to it after its 3 seconds are up to avoid getting around the duration cap immediately.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Jak Shadow.2864

Jak Shadow.2864

This sums it up for me

5.5 k games and in top 10% in ladder where based on MMR.

Struck a losing streak from day 1 on main account. Played a few on my son’s account (which I play to get him Tomes to lvl up for PvP) and had a better success rate cos I won the coin toss.

I have tried to persevere on main account but increasingly hard to do so. Swapped to my son’s account and didn’t realise that (as he does being he wasn’t on top of the meta and found I was a druid with shortbow (no idea of ant of those skills) and no others. Still managed to win the game and contribute despite have no clue as to the class.

Just as well my MMR put me with “good” people.

Joke system where I could no more than press 1 and still do ok. I really do despair.

Attachments:

(edited by Jak Shadow.2864)

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

This sums it up for me

5.5 k games and in top 10% in ladder where based on MMR.

Struck a losing streak from day 1 on main account. Played a few on my son’s account (which I play to get him Tomes to lvl up for PvP) and had a better success rate cos I won the coin toss.

I have tried to persevere on main account but increasingly hard to do so. Swapped to my son’s account and didn’t realise that (as he does being he wasn’t on top of the meta and found I was a druid with shortbow (no idea of ant of those skills) and no others. Still managed to win the game and contribute despite have no clue as to the class.

Just as well my MMR put me with “good” people.

Joke system where I could no more than press 1 and still do ok. I really do despair.

This pretty much mirror my story too. To those who have get to the upper level faster and easier just enjoy it instead of belittling ppl stuck in these quicksands.