I'm Ruby, I don't care anymore

in PvP

Posted by: weed.7938

weed.7938

I’m never on these forums, but I decided to check it out regarding the PvP situation today.

I don’t have to tell anyone the system/meta is completely horrible at the moment, so I’m not going to bother with that. All I want to say it as a Solo/Duo-player, reaching Ruby was sometimes a fun, sometimes the most horrible grind. I barely ever rage, but I did get annoyed massivaly the last few days. Running into 3-5man ESL player premades at anytime of the day who obviously play the most unenjoyable builds finally got me to the point I don’t care anymore. I played a variation of the power Revenant build up to ruby, but forced myself to switch to other classes. (Not playing bunker mesmer/condi rev though, I have dignity).

But for all you Solo/Duo-queuers out there, I have good news for you. After you reach Ruby, you don’t have to care anymore, you just don’t. And since you won’t care anymore, I started to enjoy pvp a little bit more. The gameplay is still far, far, far, far less enjoyable than it used to be, but not caring at all anymore, since you know you won’t go up to Diamond/Legendary as Solo gives some relaxing thought that you won’t have to try anymore.

What I mean to say is, that there is sunshine after the rain. Good luck!

in PvP

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

I thought you meant rubi (the employee). I was getting my popcorn ready.

in PvP

Posted by: Coedeax.2567

Coedeax.2567

I thought you meant rubi (the employee). I was getting my popcorn ready.

Same here!! I was excited for a bit of drama with my Dinner…..

Not that I don’t love Rubi <3

It’s not FAIR!

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Ruby has been a pain, I mainly solo que sometimes I duo. I’m sitting at Ruby t3 atm and it’s been a frustrating experience for the most part. Had to stop playing DH (even though I’ve been playing Guard since launch and have +5k hours on ) and switched to Rev. Since there really is no point in running DH against bunker mes, revs, and tempests. The amount of “pro” premades I go against is disgusting. The reason I say “pro” because most of these players aren’t mechanically skilled at the game. They are being carried by their builds and running full parties with ts. It’s even worse when they have to abuse the system by pairing up with Amber players just so they can lower their MMR to farm more easily.

Nevertheless, I don’t expect much from this community and this doesn’t surprise me. At the end of the day it’s just a game. I forget about pips and points and just concentrate on doing my best and enjoying myself. The minute things get too frustrating I just log and forget about it because it’s not worth getting upset over. I’m not worried about it, I’ll get to Diamond and Legendary with my own skill and willpower.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Ruby.7960

Ruby.7960

I’m Ruby and I really wish Anet didn’t name these divisions after gemstones. >:l

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

I’m Ruby and I really wish Anet didn’t name these divisions after gemstones. >:l

: ) That’s funny.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Can confirm, I feel just better since im Ruby. Just playing with no pressure of losing pips cause i know i wont ever be able to go diamond as long as im solo.

(edited by ImdA.4701)

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Ruby in one season is needed for leg backitem?

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Ruby in one season is needed for leg backitem?

You need 125 tokens. Ruby gets you 55 tokens.

That means you can do it in 3 seasons & you only need to get emerald in those seasons.

If you only get Emerald (35 tokens) it will take 4 seasons..

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

lol 10/10

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

I notice the gem stones color ranking are quite similar to karate belt color ranking, except Diamond should be lowest since it’s white color.

in PvP

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

I’m Snow and I’m no longer yellow

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

I totally grinded to ruby as well, but I don’t think it’s worth to try as a solo-Q’er that doesn’t abuse the system in ruby anymore.

I still try my best in games, but I don’t simply go main-class with tempest anymore and try to figure out stuff that might work in the current horrible meta and maybe only do a few games a day compared to the ~50 I did before to get to ruby.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I’m Snow and I’m no longer yellow

You know nothin’ Jon Snow :P

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Just keep in mind…that there is kill in skill ^_^