I'm Sorry Thieves

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

I really thought today was going to be your day. I respect all of you that still play that awful class. You are true martyrs. But please, only queue onto the enemies team for now on.

Baer

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Thieves are also still missing the 10% base healing power buff that Withdraw supposedly got in the June 23rd patch.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

I really don’t feel sorry for thieves. I remember a time when mesmers wher lunch to the thieves 1 & 2 no skill supremacy. & you had them telling off mesmer players to get some skill’s. How the wheel have turned. Hey thieves, get skill’s!

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: SuperduperMLGbsns.9345

SuperduperMLGbsns.9345

Hey thieves, get skill’s!

>playing Thief
>running into a stack of guard track
>dieing instantly

Skilled gameplay 2015. Well done.
And no, traps are meant to lay them hidden, so people run into them without knowing that.

Whoever is in charge for Thief and Guardian balancing needs to be fired. He seems to hate his job.
But hey, nothing will be changed as long as there are enough scrubs who yell “l2p” under every comment.
9.2k true shot on an 11k hp Thief. Legit.

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.

(edited by SuperduperMLGbsns.9345)

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I really don’t feel sorry for thieves. I remember a time when mesmers wher lunch to the thieves 1 & 2 no skill supremacy. & you had them telling off mesmer players to get some skill’s. How the wheel have turned. Hey thieves, get skill’s!

Who is this “skill” and what should I get betting from him or her?

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Einlanzer.1627

Hey thieves, get skill’s!

>playing Thief
>running into a stack of guard track
>dieing instantly

Skilled gameplay 2015. Well done.
And no, traps are meant to lay them hidden, so people run into them without knowing that.

Whoever is in charge for Thief and Guardian balancing needs to be fired. He seems to hate his job.
But hey, nothing will be changed as long as there are enough scrubs who yell “l2p” under every comment.
9.2k true shot on an 11k hp Thief. Legit.

Yeah, I don’t know if I’ve ever seen balancing been handled worse than it is for the Thief.

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

But its k, Thief is apparently still op to players like “Vieux P.1238” so nerf us more. This totally isn’t December 10th all over again. Nope.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

It seems Anet has firmly taken a stand to eliminate thieves from being viable in this game.

The least they could do is offer an explanation to all those poor people who decided to main the class.

Really sad for them tbh

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

People.
People.
People.
Anet doesn’t want any class be be bad. If they could choose through a simple button press, they would make the classes balanced and the people happy. Stop pretending like “Anet rally hates thief”, and anything of that sort. It reeeeaally does not help.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

People.
People.
People.
Anet doesn’t want any class be be bad. If they could choose through a simple button press, they would make the classes balanced and the people happy. Stop pretending like “Anet rally hates thief”, and anything of that sort. It reeeeaally does not help.

CiS in grandmaster and revealed skills/traits – ’Nuff said!

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

People.
People.
People.

There is no pretending at all. Just watching what they’ve done to the class is all one really needs to see to be able to deduce what their true feelings are.

You have to transcend the period of time where we were countered by thieves in PvP, and if we were all honest with ourselves would admit that a S/D thief only countered a specific build in PvP. In no way shape or form did they counter us as hard as Guards/Engies/Eles/etc. countered them.

Let it Go

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: incisorr.9502

incisorr.9502

are you kittening kidding me? thieves are the most overpowered and forgiving class at the moment

i dont know what more do you kittening want when each of your skills is a dodge, gap closer, cc, 10k dmg, you literally only have to spam one button and you even cry about it? rofl

imagine if you had to play another class

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Einlanzer.1627

are you kittening kidding me? thieves are the most overpowered and forgiving class at the moment

i dont know what more do you kittening want when each of your skills is a dodge, gap closer, cc, 10k dmg, you literally only have to spam one button and you even cry about it? rofl

As someone who plays several classes, no they aren’t. They’re just effective against bads.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

People.
People.
People.

CiS in grandmaster and revealed skills/traits – ’Nuff said!

Let’s not forget killing S/D and gutting Acro to sell us Daredevil and Staff.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Guys, anyone who think they left thief unchanged last patch is wrong! They received 2 nerfs: Disabling Shot and the Impaling lotus nerf. (the latter is a quality of life change for PvE players so it’s understandable). But disabling shot is unarguably worse. These were also the only changes to thief so… no comment. (Yeah they gonna make a balance change after they are done with the tournaments but they should have already balanced everything beforehand.)

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

People.
People.
People.

I think everyone knows this but the fact that Anet are BY FAR the most stubborn designers I’ve ever come across does not help. Other companies I’ve seen, not necessarily MMO companies, will change or overhaul if something isn’t working or needs tweaking. In smite, which yes I know it’s a different genre but still the same principal, some gods have gone through complete design and overhaul changes when they found they were not being utilized or played how they envisioned them. If wanted, I’ll be happy to name a few.

Thief though is a great example of Anet stubbornness, as they are tied and weighed down by stealth. Their damage, their survivability, sustain, utility, everything is based on and revolved around by stealth, it’s easy to see that by just taking a peak at their shadow arts tree and comparing it to acrobatics, and no I won’t say daredevil is a viable evasive alternative, because being an evasive ninja type character SHOULD BE BASELINE.

Also not trying to come off as hostile to ya, sorry if it seems like that, I just despise fighting thieves in this game more so than any other game that offers the same archetype. (Stealthy assassin)

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

(edited by TheLastNobody.8319)

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Fizz.8763

Fizz.8763

I’ve been doing pretty well with Staff Thief recently. I think it’s pretty strong :o

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Have you tried pressing buttons when there’s a Thief around?

Alright meow, where were we?

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Have you tried pressing buttons when there’s a Thief around?

He complains on anyone with Stealth. Despite all classes having access to stealth…

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Snow.2506

Snow.2506

Are you kittening kidding me? Thieves are the most overpowered and forgiving class at the moment.

I don’t know what more you kittening want when each of your skills is a dodge, gap closer, cc, and 10k dmg. You literally only have to spam one button and you even cry about it? Rofl.

Imagine if you had to play another class.

Lol, troll detected. You cannot have played 5 seconds of this game around a thief and really believe that. I swear thieves will probably get a permanent de-buff soon called “existing- Lose 50 hp every second for eternity.”

Also, I added capitalisation, punctuation, proper spelling, and grammatical sentence structure to the quoted portion of text. I can only hope that my ability to think can be conveyed to you through the correction of your mistakes.

For the love of the high damage, high mobility, glass cannon. Thief to the bitter end.

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Are you kittening kidding me? Thieves are the most overpowered and forgiving class at the moment.

I don’t know what more you kittening want when each of your skills is a dodge, gap closer, cc, and 10k dmg. You literally only have to spam one button and you even cry about it? Rofl.

Imagine if you had to play another class.

Lol, troll detected. You cannot have played 5 seconds of this game around a thief and really believe that. I swear thieves will probably get a permanent de-buff soon called “existing- Lose 50 hp every second for eternity.”

Also, I added capitalisation, punctuation, proper spelling, and grammatical sentence structure to the quoted portion of text. I can only hope that my ability to think can be conveyed to you through the correction of your mistakes.

Nononono, don’t help him. Let him keep bashing the second weakest class in the game. I suppose he gets the privledge of doing so since he’s playing the weakest class currently.

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I also don’t feel too sorry for thieves, remembering the time they used to make life hell for glass mesmers.

But now the tables are reversed, and tbh… it’s satisfying.

They’ll get their fixes eventually.

Having said that I do feel a small amount of remorse when I put down thieves, because it is an unfair fight and that’s a shame. Whatever’s happened in the past, balance is more important than personal prejudice.

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

Thief is the strongest class vs n o o b s you know?

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Dakarius.3284

Dakarius.3284

I also don’t feel too sorry for thieves, remembering the time they used to make life hell for glass mesmers.

Having said that I do feel a small amount of remorse when I put down thieves, because it is an unfair fight and that’s a shame. Whatever’s happened in the past, balance is more important than personal prejudice.

yeah 1 spec was countered by thieves vs the entire thief class being countered by scrappers, chrono, and tempests. Oh not to mention the fact that DH hard counters thief. Thief is in a pathetic state atm, but I guess we’re good as +1 pet. I miss being able to compete 1v1.

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Kayji.4390

Kayji.4390

People.
People.
People.

I think everyone knows this but the fact that Anet are BY FAR the most stubborn designers I’ve ever come across does not help. Other companies I’ve seen, not necessarily MMO companies, will change or overhaul if something isn’t working or needs tweaking. In smite, which yes I know it’s a different genre but still the same principal, some gods have gone through complete design and overhaul changes when they found they were not being utilized or played how they envisioned them. If wanted, I’ll be happy to name a few.

Thief though is a great example of Anet stubbornness, as they are tied and weighed down by stealth. Their damage, their survivability, sustain, utility, everything is based on and revolved around by stealth, it’s easy to see that by just taking a peak at their shadow arts tree and comparing it to acrobatics, and no I won’t say daredevil is a viable evasive alternative, because being an evasive ninja type character SHOULD BE BASELINE.

Also not trying to come off as hostile to ya, sorry if it seems like that, I just despise fighting thieves in this game more so than any other game that offers the same archetype. (Stealthy assassin)

I actually remember following the original GW beta and they specifically said they wanted to keep stealth as a defensive utility ONLY with not too much access for thieves because they recognized back then that stealth was powerful and not easy to balance around. But this philosophy seems to be more true on other classes now. Then they decided to add stealth skills and I remember reading the uproar because the the thief community said that this would favor stealth gameplay and will be balanced around such, killing build diversity. Guess they were right. Its difficult to see them buffing thief out of stealth survivability without also buffing stealth builds. I would also advocate that while stealth skills are fine, there needs to be alternative ways of accessing them outside of stealth to just help with build diversity.

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Eisenwald.8562

Eisenwald.8562

+1 for OP

I main thief (pretty much only class I play) and after this, not only am I done with thief but PvP in general for this game. They know full well the kitten hole they’ve created out of PvP and still fail to even address the issue in a dev post much less address it in the form of balance changes.

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Guardian Test of Faith – 5k PER PASS, fire and forget AoE
Thief Backstab – 5k is lucky, stealth required (initiative/cd draining), single target, melee, reveal after attack

But thief is permastealth evadespam godmode oneshot super cheese.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Lol thanks for the laugh OP.

You didn’t seriously believe they would buff thieves… this is arena net.

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

I’m willing to bet most of the trash talking Thieves are now playing DH. From that I say the current Thieves are worth helping out. Same thing with Warriors, I like the current community much more than I did pre-June 24 patch.

Alright meow, where were we?

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Selkirk.4218

Selkirk.4218

nerf thieves. dat backstab is op!

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

I’m willing to bet most of the trash talking Thieves are now playing DH. From that I say the current Thieves are worth helping out. Same thing with Warriors, I like the current community much more than I did pre-June 24 patch.

I dunno about that. Maybe for the thieves left after HoT, but a lot of the thief community between the 23rd June and HoT was just pure dramaqueens that wanted the S/D days of being the best 1v1er in the game back.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: knight.8926

knight.8926

compared to warriors thieves should be in heaven still

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Actually the warrior community just over exaggerates their plight. Even if your roles are just back-capping and pet, warrior can still give and take more punishment than the thief and not have to rely heavily on a game mechanic to do so.

So no, not really.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

knight.8926

Actually the warrior community just over exaggerates their plight. Even if your roles are just back-capping and pet, warrior can still give and take more punishment than the thief and not have to rely heavily on a game mechanic to do so.

So no, not really.

I do so much better playing thief its like heaven and earth comparing the two. damage wise and defense wise

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

yolo swaggins.2570

So no, not really.

I do so much better playing thief its like heaven and earth comparing the two. damage wise and defense wise

The bolded is the reason why I know you are lying.

Liaison for [Teef]

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

knight.8926

So no, not really.

theres more than one type of defense

The bolded is the reason why I know you are lying.

theres more than one type of defense

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

yolo swaggins.2570

I know that. You are still lying.

Liaison for [Teef]

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

So no, not really.

Thieves can stealth can escape any situation provided they got a stun break. Warriors can’t and will get rekt by any of current elite spec with all the burst and chills handed out like candies. Atleast thieves are good at decapping and +1 others with their fast mobility (thx to.SB #5), warriors are good for nothing nowadays except for being rallybots for the opposing team.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

yolo swaggins.2570

So no, not really.

Thieves can stealth can escape any situation provided they got a stun break. Warriors can’t and will get rekt by any of current elite spec with all the burst and chills handed out like candies. Atleast thieves are good at decapping and +1 others with their fast mobility (thx to.SB #5), warriors are good for nothing nowadays except for being rallybots for the opposing team.

Warriors have one of the best, if not the best, might stacking capabilities in the game. Passive defense, offense and team support up the wazoo. More immunities than other professions. The hardest hitting stunlock build in the game. Enough mobility to match Thief’s. I could go on.

It is the most forgiving profession in the game. If anyone has a problem on the profession, it isn’t the profession.

Liaison for [Teef]

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

knight.8926

So no, not really.

nope

Warriors have one of the best, if not the best, might stacking capabilities in the game. Passive defense, offense and team support up the wazoo. More immunities than other professions. The hardest hitting stunlock build in the game. Enough mobility to match Thief’s. I could go on.

It is the most forgiving profession in the game. If anyone has a problem on the profession, it isn’t the profession.

nope

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

#knight I remember you saying 2 days ago that warrior was fine. Already changed your mind?

Warrior is obviously in a better spot than thief right now.
Thief has been left with nothing but running abilities.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

knight.8926

#knight I remember you saying 2 days ago that warrior was fine. Already changed your mind?

Warrior is obviously in a better spot than thief right now.
Thief has been left with nothing but running abilities.

i dont remember saying that, if you can find my quote ill retract it

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

yolo swaggins.2570

So no, not really.

nope

nope

Denile isn’t a good argument.

Liaison for [Teef]

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

NiloyBardhan.9170

So no, not really.

Alright I assume you were/are being sarcastic about warrior’s abilities because if you’re not then you’re still living in 2013 during which thieves were also OP as hell.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

NiloyBardhan.9170

So no, not really.

nope

nope

Denile isn’t a good argument.

Spewing lies isn’t one either

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

yolo swaggins.2570

It is a lie when you go from a class built around passives to a class that barely has a viable entry level build and say you are wrecking face. That is counter-intuitive.

Liaison for [Teef]

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

NiloyBardhan.9170

Clearly you have no idea the issues warriors are facing. Being an ignorant and throwing the same “everyone is lying” isn’t helping your case in anyway just so you know.

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

yolo swaggins.2570

Clearly you have no idea the issues warriors are facing. Being an ignorant and throwing the same “everyone is lying” isn’t helping your case in anyway just so you know.

Attachments:

Liaison for [Teef]

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

NiloyBardhan.9170

Thanks for proving my point

I'm Sorry Thieves

in PvP

yolo swaggins.2570

What point? You guys regurgitate stuff everyone already knows and after me 1upping it with a semi-mocking post, all you can counter with is “Nope”?

In every MMO ever, the easiest classes to play are always the ones with more passives. And the more effective the passives are, the better. Warrior, with it’s abyssmal skill floor and low skill ceiling, is filled with passives so new players can pick it up, get a feel for the combat mechanics and easily contribute to w/e they are doing. It carries the player harder than other classes specifically for that reason by funneling the focus towards input.

I do know what warrior is going through and quite frankly the gripes are flat out petty.

If anyone wonders why there is a lack of warriors, its most likely because it’s gameplay is boring. All you have to do is land your attacks and all the vulnerability and might stacks you deal out by rotating skills will do the rest. It isn’t hard to build for damage and support because the warrior has a good selection for it like banners, Phalanx Strength. It isn’t hard to be tanky either since they have naturally high armor and almost the same amount of defensive buffs as they do offensive. Again banners and shouts.

It all requires minimal thinking since all of the skills are fire and forget while most of the traits play for you. I know it, most of the community knows it. But nobody wants to deal with warriors because, just like the thief community, they get loud to the point of being obnoxious.

The only difference is warrior can contribute. Warriors are built for brainless support and damage. All they have to do is land their attacks… Like final thrust, which can do more damage than backstab except it cleaves and doesn’t need stealth or positioning. Just wait till they are half dead and then stab them.

Liaison for [Teef]