I'm back, and I want to cast.

in PvP

Posted by: BLU.8961

BLU.8961

Hello folks, name’s BLU. Some of you may remember me. Back at launch I was one of the founding members of Team Tsunami, and I played actively until late February where I took a hiatus to get college, life, and other stuff sorted out. Well I’m happy to announce that I have been accepted to college, and now that spectator mode has arrived, I am coming back, and in a big way.

I want to cast, and i want to stream. I have experience casting getting pointers from Zael (some of you may remember him from GuildSource ) and working from games that I have saved. I have people ready to work with me, and they know everything I’ve missed over the past few months, and we are already working on our synergy as casters.

Starting on the 30th when spectator becomes available, we will be available 3-5 nights a week (pending on our IRL schedules, but never less than 3). No matter who you are (tournament organizer, team captain, nooby Mcnoobson, I don’t give a kitten) if you want your game’s casted, just ask. I want to make this game an esport (and if you have ever played with me you know that I want that to happen) , and I want to cast all of this now so that when and if this game ever shows up at DH, MLG, or anything else it can have the darn best caster combo possible.

So how do you get a hold of me and my co-caster? I’ve split this into two categories, so please follow them.

casting for scrims/casual tournaments : If I am online in game, the stream is live, or if I am on Skype (if you want my Skype ask me in game, I will give it out to anyone who is serious), so long as I am already not casting anything, just ask me, and PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK. There is about a 90% chance I will drop whatever I am doing at that moment and jump in for you, and even if my co-caster isn’t available I’ll jump in solo, because I need the practice and I want the practice.

casting for serious/preorganized tournaments : Please email ahead of time at DrBLU42@Gmail.com at least 2 and a half weeks in advance. Ill allow for anyone to ask me for anytime at the moment and I will try to squeeze it in, but anything beyond May 15th I need prior notification for to clear up any issues with my own personal/work schedule. I also need time to set up my studio/room for the event, which is why I may not be able to do some last minute requests. Regardless, even if it is passed the 2.5 week mark ask me anyway, and I will see what I can do.
All of the casual casting will be done from my channel and while I would prefer most tournaments to be hosted from my channel as well (I want to do it similar to how TobiWanDota runs his streams) I will not mind or be bothered if you want it on your own channel. I cannot stress this enough however, just ask me regardless of the circumstances, and I will try to do whatever I can do make it work

TL;DR: I was an active player, left for a few months. I’m back now to cast, I have Guildsource with me, so ask me to cast your stuff… please

Edit: Caed has graciously donated an account that I may use for casting on NA, so I am available in both regions now!

Let’s try this esports thing one more time, and lets do it right this time.

Want your Games Casted, Hit me up in game!

My Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/blu42

(edited by BLU.8961)

in PvP

Posted by: DaemonLasher.6871

DaemonLasher.6871

Chiming in here to support the guy, very nice and helpful, I’m in a similar situation; may collaborate and am looking to bring some content. GW2 May only be a fledgeling in terms of e-sports right now, but with some dedicated work from Arena net and some love from the fans, it can definitely flourish.

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

Bumping this post! Good to see some people coming back.

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Edit: Caed has graciously donated an account that I may use for casting on NA, so I am available in both regions now!

Caed is the kittening man!

I wish you good luck. Keen to see if custom servers, spectator, the works will kickstart tpvp again.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

It’s nice to see this game moving in the right direction, it’s even better to see people dedicated to make it happen. Good luck mate!

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

in PvP

Posted by: Ever Green.5842

Ever Green.5842

I bump this thread !
Wishing you good luck, your hopes are mine !

Rykerël – Elementalist – Vizunah Square

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

Bump, this guy is gold.

Fixi

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

+1 bump. Good luck!

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Nice.Bump this one for you. I would need to ask you a favour when Spectator mode live. My name is Kaane Moka in NA region. Send me a mail through game and we can discuss about my casting with your help. Cheer

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

Sounds good. I’ll see if i can tune in at some point!

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Naito.5693

Naito.5693

A Lion does not concern itself with the opinions of sheep.

in PvP

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

Starting on the 30th when spectator becomes available, we will be available 3-5 nights a week .

just to let you know, I THINK spectator mode is only available for the top 50 in sPvP leaderboards, for the beta I mean.

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter

in PvP

Posted by: Ox Lee.7319

Ox Lee.7319

Starting on the 30th when spectator becomes available, we will be available 3-5 nights a week .

just to let you know, I THINK spectator mode is only available for the top 50 in sPvP leaderboards, for the beta I mean.

Nope, Spectator mode wille be in beta, but available for everyone.

Custom arena, on the other hand, will also be in beta, but free arenas will be given during this period to the top 50 players. Anyone can join those arenas, as long as the host allows it.

in PvP

Posted by: Ultima.8673

Ultima.8673

n1ce blu is back
:D

in PvP

shockwave.1764

Nope, Spectator mode wille be in beta, but available for everyone.

Custom arena, on the other hand, will also be in beta, but free arenas will be given during this period to the top 50 players. Anyone can join those arenas, as long as the host allows it.

Thanks for the info that’s awesome to hear. Can anyone use the custom arena betas too, but just not for free? Or will they only be purchasable when they’re not in beta?

Staunch Evon Supporter

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

You are very welcome in the community

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

This is great. I’m really hoping with the addition of custom arenas and spectator that a solid community takes off, and this is a good step. I know a fairly good team from launch (NA) that may be coming back with this patch, if they do I’m sure they’d be down for being shoutcasted once they hit their stride again.

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Drasleona.5049

Drasleona.5049

this is not a bump. this is me askin you to please cast for this tournament- http://binarybeast.com/xGW21304240
please please please get in touch with them and talk to them about it. i want to see it do well.

[VexX]Feared Sniper -JQ Since BWE1
Lvl 80 Beast Master Ranger
VexX Gaming United

in PvP

Posted by: Ayraswag.3761

Ayraswag.3761

Don’t waste your time this game will never be a e-sport. Take a minute and play other games and you will realize how bad GW2 would be as a es-port not only that but i very very very much doubt Anet will ever fully complete there promise of supporting the game as a e-sport.

www.youtube.com/ayraswag

Best guardian universe (:

in PvP

shockwave.1764

Don’t waste your time this game will never be a e-sport. Take a minute and play other games and you will realize how bad GW2 would be as a es-port not only that but i very very very much doubt Anet will ever fully complete there promise of supporting the game as a e-sport.

If the whole world had that attitude we’d all still be settled in Europe, riding horses and dying at the age of 45. Guild Wars 2 still have a possibilty to be an Esport. We have customs, we have spectators, we have willing streamers, youtubers, skilled PvPers, it CAN HAPPEN. A lot of top tier teams are comming back to pvp with the new patch. The only problem now is balancing, no MMO is ever balanced, and GW2 isn’t really THAT bad. Chin up, buttercup it can happen.

Look at this tournament, the roster hasn’t been open for that long and there’s already 13 registered teams. It will be shoutcasted and streamed. http://binarybeast.com/xGW21304240

Staunch Evon Supporter

in PvP

BLU.8961

I could care less if other games are popular and better candidates for esport games. I spent the last two months playing DOTA 2, and in the end I realized I was not enjoying it. I want to support esports. Anyone who played with me knows I am one of the most adamant supporters for esports in general and I have had a dream for over 10 years now to be apart of the esports community in a bigger way. I want to see it on TV’s all across the world and in the Olympics, and I don’t care which game is on it, I just want to see that happen. We all can support esports in our own way, and I have chosen to do it here because I feel it has a chance to become great.

Whether you agree or disagree with that is your business, but realize that I am here right now on my own terms, and I could care less about money and time, because if it has a chance of progressing the name of esports, you can be darn well sure I will be there to support it.

in PvP

BLU.8961

this is not a bump. this is me askin you to please cast for this tournament- http://binarybeast.com/xGW21304240
please please please get in touch with them and talk to them about it. i want to see it do well.

I have spoken to Vonethil already about this. Grouch is currently the main caster planned for this tournament, and I respect that. If he chooses to have me as a cocaster I will of course accept, but that is his and Vonethil’s decision as they are the one’s in charge. I am working on contacting other organizers at the moment as well, ill be sure to announce when and if I am casting any of the upcoming tournaments.

in PvP

Ayraswag.3761

If the whole world had that attitude we’d all still be settled in Europe, riding horses and dying at the age of 45. Guild Wars 2 still have a possibilty to be an Esport. We have customs, we have spectators, we have willing streamers, youtubers, skilled PvPers, it CAN HAPPEN. A lot of top tier teams are comming back to pvp with the new patch. The only problem now is balancing, no MMO is ever balanced, and GW2 isn’t really THAT bad. Chin up, buttercup it can happen.

Look at this tournament, the roster hasn’t been open for that long and there’s already 13 registered teams. It will be shoutcasted and streamed. http://binarybeast.com/xGW21304240

What are you talking about ? No one makes youtube videos which get over 2k views right now, no one streams with over 200 views max,NO ONE cares about gw2 pvp except the few people who just fail to accept the game was a flop pvp wise. 1 Player made tournament means nothing at all and it’s stream will fetch a max of 300 viewers with 0 prize pool or almost nothing and 13 random teams signing up from a game of 3million sales means nothing at all.

Trust me on this GW2 failed big time. Sorry if me being honest will upset you but there is 0 chance. Look at smite and what they did in BETA and they are still only a tiny e-sport. Anyone serious or decent in this game quit a long long time ago, the only people playing hardcore now seriously are deluded and should just play causal and wait for Wildstar to come out or pick up a e-sport title instead of wasting time on GW2.

Don’t argue about this subject there isn’t a big enough fanbase or support base (or devs) for the game to ever be a big pvp game let alone a e-sport. Paradigm shift and My own youtube channels were the biggest GW2 pvp channels with under 10k subs and 5-10k views on most videos which is nothing for a game which sold 2-3mil copys… Check league Check SC2 hell even check WoW and look at the views on youtube and on streams and you will see. Let this game die lol it was over hyped sorry to tell you and alot of people wasted time including myself with it.

Mediocre pve game with a loyal pve base who will continue to pump cash into it for cosmetic items (So it was a success there at least) . Dead pvp game with 0 chance of resurrection RIP in peace )-:

www.youtube.com/ayraswag

(edited by Ayraswag.3761)

in PvP

shockwave.1764

Check league Check SC2 hell even check WoW and look at the views on youtube and on streams and you will see. Let this game die lol it was over hyped sorry to tell you and alot of people wasted time including myself with it.

To be fair you’re comparing a game with 2 million copies to a game with games like WoW at 10million, Starcraft somewhere around 6 million, and LoL with god knows how many players.

Staunch Evon Supporter

in PvP

Ayraswag.3761

Check league Check SC2 hell even check WoW and look at the views on youtube and on streams and you will see. Let this game die lol it was over hyped sorry to tell you and alot of people wasted time including myself with it.

To be fair you’re comparing a game with 2 million copies to a game with games like WoW at 10million, Starcraft somewhere around 6 million, and LoL with god knows how many players.

Smite has under 1mil players and gets over 10x the views on every media outlet than GW2 with half the promotion.

www.youtube.com/ayraswag

in PvP

shockwave.1764

Smite has under 1mil players and gets over 10x the views on every media outlet than GW2 with half the promotion.

Fair enough, though I would like to ask why you’re so opposed at the fan base trying to make something happen. It’s not hurting you or anyone else.

Staunch Evon Supporter

in PvP

Posted by: Drasleona.5049

Drasleona.5049

and how long did it take for all those mentioned games to get where they are? SC2 had a long way coming. it didnt get there in a year. you have very little faith. so please. do leave cos ur a kittening detrement to the people who want to accomplish something and since its not going to hurt you in any way. you may as well just stay out of it and take ur paradigm shift and ur own channel with you. out with the old. in with the new.

[VexX]Feared Sniper -JQ Since BWE1
Lvl 80 Beast Master Ranger
VexX Gaming United

in PvP

Posted by: Mirror.7125

Mirror.7125

SC2 had no long way coming xD. SC1 was the first e-sport and developed e-sport to something. I dont think GW2 will ever be an e-sport but maybe in the future it will just have some nice PvP you can play.
So is GuildSource coming back ? “I’m back now to cast, I have Guildsource with me”,
or what does this mean?

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

I think this is really good for the game that some wants to cast the matches and stuff, really nice and all but i think it will goes like this:

The red team bunker is holding mid, oh a ranger comes in from the blue team and start attacking the bunker his mesmer friend is coming to help omg this is the best match ever!! the bunker is downed ladies and gentleman, ranger is moving for the stomp, OMG he got rallied by a sig of the necro, heere comes the red team, its a clusterkitten boys and girls every1 is pressing buttoms without thinking and trying to press F to help their down teammates, no1 knows what their doing but they are doing it anyway! this is trully a skilled match11!!1.

gl anways.

in PvP

shockwave.1764

I think this is really good for the game that some wants to cast the matches and stuff, really nice and all but i think it will goes like this:

The red team bunker is holding mid, oh a ranger comes in from the blue team and start attacking the bunker his mesmer friend is coming to help omg this is the best match ever!! the bunker is downed ladies and gentleman, ranger is moving for the stomp, OMG he got rallied by a sig of the necro, heere comes the red team, its a clusterkitten boys and girls every1 is pressing buttoms without thinking and trying to press F to help their down teammates, no1 knows what their doing but they are doing it anyway! this is trully a skilled match11!!1.

gl anways.

aaand that is why you should never be a shout caster

Staunch Evon Supporter

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

What are you talking about ? No one makes youtube videos which get over 2k views right now…
-:

hmmm… http://www.youtube.com/tvesportsgaming

and to Blu, I may have something for you. You can hit me up in game or get my Skype from Grouch, I’ll try to email you later tonight.

Neglekt

in PvP

BLU.8961

Just wanted to chime in and show off my “studio” of sorts. I’ve been setting this up over the past few weeks for general streaming but now it has a much better purpose. I can even seat a second person in the studio using the TV behind my main monitor if I wanted to do any casting in house with people.

Heres the Imgur Album: http://imgur.com/a/SuHqQ

in PvP

Ayraswag.3761

What are you talking about ? No one makes youtube videos which get over 2k views right now…
-:

and to Blu, I may have something for you. You can hit me up in game or get my Skype from Grouch, I’ll try to email you later tonight.

What is that channel lol It has 200 subs and less than 1k views per day( No offence) . You just proved my point lol.

www.youtube.com/ayraswag

in PvP

Posted by: Kouryuu.4213

Kouryuu.4213

kitten the naysayers, you start from nothing and build it up.

Glad you came back to cast, I hope others I enjoyed in the early days also come back! Will definitely tune into the tournaments.

Thanks.

Forever unranked.

in PvP

Zodian.6597

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah and that can be attributed to their community getting into contact with HiRez and starting a 24/7 livestream through the HiRez twitch.tv channel (something we’ve been trying to get setup with Anet for the past 4 months). The community stream is generally the only smite stream that gets over 1k views. -Could you imagine if we got a community stream going and anet sent out a promo email to every registered GW2 account, even if just 1% of that pool of people tuned in that would be roughly 30,000 people.
We can get the stream views, don’t worry about that. The reason we haven’t yet is because the game is not ready, and we don’t want to put an unfinished game in the limelight.

Neglekt

in PvP

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

Just wanted to chime in and show off my “studio” of sorts. I’ve been setting this up over the past few weeks for general streaming but now it has a much better purpose. I can even seat a second person in the studio using the TV behind my main monitor if I wanted to do any casting in house with people.

Heres the Imgur Album: http://imgur.com/a/SuHqQ

Hahaha, that’s great, thanks for sharing!
+1 to you, I wish you good luck and count me in to watch your streams!

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

in PvP

Zodian.6597

-:

What is that channel lol It has 200 subs and less than 1k views per day( No offence) . You just proved my point lol.

the channel has been active for less than 2 months w/o any form of SEO or promotion + we’ve taken down the vids on builds that get nerfed (like our 100 nades build that netted around 20k views in under 3 weeks). We’re hoping to net more subs after the site is polished a bit more and officially released, we already have interviews lined up with some LoL teams like CLG and TSM so hopefully we can draw from that game’s viewer base as well in the near future. (SC2, Smite, Dota all down the pipeline).

Neglekt

in PvP

Posted by: Maze.5283

Maze.5283

Good luck BLU

-Tokyomurai

in PvP

shockwave.1764

-:

the channel has been active for less than 2 months w/o any form of SEO or promotion + we’ve taken down the vids on builds that get nerfed (like our 100 nades build that netted around 20k views in under 3 weeks). We’re hoping to net more subs after the site is polished a bit more and officially released, we already have interviews lined up with some LoL teams like CLG and TSM so hopefully we can draw from that game’s viewer base as well in the near future. (SC2, Smite, Dota all down the pipeline).

Just want to say, you guys are doing a great job. I’d love to see some shoutcasts with spec comming on tuesday. really professional vids and nice guides

Staunch Evon Supporter

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

He’s good, hire him!

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Haku.5068

Haku.5068

Zombies in this thread. A-net needs to make mesmers OP and make a unique teal greatsword with a great skin so I can convince Milty to return.

in PvP

BLU.8961

Thanks to everyone who helped me with the quality tests today. Everything should be set for tuesday!

in PvP

Posted by: Sinnoda.2569

Sinnoda.2569

Unsubbed to Ayra. I don’t see the point in coming in this thread just to bash on something positive. This community does not need more negativity.

I’ll definitely be following you BLU keep it up!

in PvP

Posted by: DaemonLasher.6871

DaemonLasher.6871

A lot of people are being nay-sayers, even some competitive players I keep in contact with, but don’t give up hope.

I understand that it’s looking like a long-shot for this to become something, but the possibility is there, and that is what we will chase. To realize this possibility you must have people who are persistent in trying to make it occur. Even if it doesn’t work out, we’ll have had fun bringing content on something we love to the people who enjoy it.

So look forward to it if even the prospect of it excites you! Otherwise there isn’t much else to be said, everyone has their own cup of tea.

in PvP

Posted by: Benji.9203

Benji.9203

(b* .*)b all thumbs up.

in PvP

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

+1

Looks like the ball is starting to roll now

Lots of people got burned on lack of pvp stream views in the past, but it’s never too late, time to drop the past and move forward, call up that contacts list and make it happen

in PvP

Posted by: Maze.5283

Maze.5283

+1

Looks like the ball is starting to roll now

Lots of people got burned on lack of pvp stream views in the past, but it’s never too late, time to drop the past and move forward, call up that contacts list and make it happen

As much as i’d like to agree with you I can’t. Sometimes, it is too late

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

The light at the end of the tunnel is definitely dim, but without people willing to go that extra mile it will never take off. No point telling them they are wasting thier time because you never know, 2-3 good patches and we could be somewhere.

As a side case, look at Forge. It released and got slammed and no one liked it. It re-released on steam recently with changes and is averaging 6k views on twitch. It’s on the up and up. Anything can happen.

We just need to wait and see.

in PvP

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

in PvP

Posted by: Authority.6145

Authority.6145

I cant see replies. What the f.